AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: art table questions

Junior Member sushicake7 is on a distinguished road sushicake7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2006 08:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default art table questions

Hey. i'm not really new here but this is the first time i've posted anything.

i went to my first anime convention last year (AWA[tlanta]) and as i was walking around, i saw all these art tables. and i was flipping through there stuff, they had a lot of drawings they'd already done and i guess they were cheap...$5 for black and white, $10 for color? so i'm considering doing an art table for AWA this year

i'm wondering...for any of you folks out there who've done art tables before, a couple of things:

1. what do you charge?
    2. do you get a lot of...i guess "customers" is the word?
    3. what kind of stuff are you asked to draw?
    4. what kind of styles?

and for the rest of you all:

what kind of stuff would you like to see drawn?

i think i'd be really fun to do an art table and i'd like some feedback. thanks!

-amanda

SMEGMA!!!! Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku is infamous around these parts Sinnaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2008 03:36 PM
    Threads

I've never really done and art table but I have bought things at them. The only time I get asked to draw things for people is when my friends watch me draw and ask me to make them something. I've never charged them

It's important to price items competitively, this will get you more business.
    You have to be prepared to draw all sorts of things. People want different items to fit their tastes.
    Don't focus on one specific style, you'll gain more experiance if you try different ways of doing it. That's why people always want me to draw stuff because I use several styles.

And so is Tomarrow TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine has a reputation beyond repute TodayIsMine's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2007 07:02 AM
    Threads

Hey Sushicake...honestly, I've never done an art table, but I am an artist, and I like to attempt my own original styles. If I were to make an art table, I would only throw up my original stuff to customers, if they like it they can take it. I'm not too sure about what they ask for or request, but I do know that originality can either make or break an artist...
    I just wanna say good luck on your table.

So fill me up to the brim...

Junior Member sushicake7 is on a distinguished road sushicake7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2006 08:51 PM
    Threads

thanks for your replies, you guys! they're helping and giving me ideas. it'd be cool to see anyone who's done an AWA table? keep the feedback coming!

also, sinnaku, what have you bought?

-amanda

Closed Thread

Thread Information