AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beauty, corruption of the youth.

[K_K]'z Death Plague annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2006 02:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Beauty, corruption of the youth.

Beauty, Corruption of the youth

Take into consideration:

Starvation is balance
    Balance is cruel
    When you dance,
    Through life like a tool.

Starvation is holding back,
    holding back is tough,
    Skin and bones are gorgeous,
    when thin isn't enough.

Starvation is power,
    Power is control,
    the picture is perfect,
    when you pay the toll.

Starvation is Happiness,
    Happiness is being thin,
    And in the end,
    Perfection you'll win.

Starvation is beautiful,
    Beautiful is underweight,
    when it comes down to it,
    and Anorexia is your fate.

---

There are many definitions and terms to declare and decide what is beauty and what doesnt fall under the term. There is even many categories to classify beauty. There is Genetic Beauty, in other words an average look, symmetry, and irregularities. This is considered beauty because it potentially reflects stability. Causing appeal to the opposite of sex.To name another form there is mathematical beauty. Such as musical allignment and tones. As well as mathematical beauty there is even abstract beauty. In this circumstance it can be anything a individual finds a personally meaningful aspect. Which brings in such a wide variety of items. To a child this could mean his favorite teddy bear, to a senior citizen this could mean their old china. To an aspiring artist this could mean his music or photography. The possibilitys are endless.

Todays generation holds a strong grasp on what we define as beauty. Many of the internet's pages are towards members of the opposite sexs' body. Many of growing teens spend there nights searching for what they declare beauty. This could mean watching television hoping to see there favorite actor or actress. Or it could possibility mean them walking around there local mall. It all depends on the indiviual. But America as a whole has corrupted many peoples lives with there ideal face of beauty. We hold pageants for a wide audience of people. This as a whole causes free will towards the subject to decrease and lack of thought take over , at adolescents we start getting fed the idea of what beauty is , this promotes self loathing and many upon many problems down the road.

Beauty pageants are drastically hurting the teen population. When a teen female opens up her Vogue or Us Weekly she will find only a thin range of looks. Overall that makes her feel as if she has to become what she idolizes. Thus crushing her free will to be who she is and even health risks. In the past 50 years girls have strived to loose weight and obsess over what the mirror shows instead of respecting what she is.

Teens in the past 20 years have subjected themselves into starvation or bulimia , in other words kids today have caused internal damage just so they can relate and fit in and be accepted by there peers. The worst part is, the population of teens doing this to themselves has been growing drastically year by year. Pageants are a root cause of this, Teens simulate what they see or even do from these shows. Which in return hollywood broadcasts into every local magazine and television show. Its a disgusting cycle to see but were our own enemy with this one.

These Pageants even cause the contesents to subject themselves to such a standard. These girls can end up with eating disorders to just plain arrogance towards life. Not to mention how hard of an impact they place around there peers. Girls in particular today strive to make themselves better due to these pageants. They loose hope in themselves if they arent up to date with todays standards. Some girls center themselves around make up and diets and trends to such a point where they even stop caring about all the other areas of life. They would rather spend time learning how to make there cheeks rosey, then to learn about foreign wars or how to better themselves as a human.

In my own personal opinon these pageants are destroying today's youth. I've met very few girls who aren't self centered and not worrying about how there new diets working. Today lacks morals, it lacks mind power, and it lacks indivuality. I find it appauling to see many minds go to waste because of what there subjected to through pageants, magazines and televisons idea of what beauty is.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder this once was said by a merchant of venice. Sadly enough that fact is growing slimer by the day. Todays propaganda has been focused on corrupting people at the earliest of ages. Many men and woman of this generation lack there own free mind , because they were hit with such words at an age where they practice what they are told without second guess. Blame evolution , blame the media , blame whoever you want but no one is to blame but yourself for not second guessing why.

Pageants dont only hurt the contestants , they hurt the viewers as well. They allow friends and family and peers to belive that what there doing to themselves is alright and acceptable , which in return grows and lets everyone belive that. Eating disorders and revolving your life around your outer shell is nothing to be proud of let alone accept.

Most people in these contests want to make society as wonderful as themselves. That somehow if you gain enough beauty and praise for your looks it will some how suffice for succeeding in the world. Which, is why I need to make it clear that beauty contests are indeed harmful. They send out the wrong voice to people around the world. A voice telling them that starvation is control, control is tough. Bones are beautiful when thin isn't enough. And I really cant understand how girls and men for that fact portray beauty as a thin pile of what used to be human. I can grasp any logic towards men seeking woman that willingly harm themselves to impress. Let alone woman seeking men who would enjoy them suffer just to please.

Also:

A few points:

-What is considered beauty today for women is - often more than not- anorexic figures and wonderful features.

-When women place these "standards" into a contest numerous occurances take place. Women walk down an isle to brag their bodies to everyone in the world. They make themselves as noticable as possible. The main objective for a beauty pageant is to let the world see the clothes you model but that necessarily isn't the turn out. When girls and women view a beauty contest they look at what the contestants are made of. No matter the clothes worn by the beautiful women, the main attraction is their waist line, figure, height, facial features, hair color and style, pefect skin tone, make up, eyes, everything you could possibly imagine.

-It's not only woman watching beauty pageants that are necessarily harmed as much. Men are included. But women are the main target. It is often seen in society that more women are under weight compared to men. And most of the women suffering this get the impression that it is okay. When they watch a beauty pageant they idolize the women who are perfect. They idolize everything they have coming and look down upon themselves for what they don't have. Which is why beauty pageants can be so harmful. They make women want to change who they are at any cost necessary.

-It's not only the viewers who can be harmed by beauty pageants. It's understood that women who partake in beauty pageants are harmed as well. In the attempt to be the idol for women accross the country, women hold back from certain indulgances to be what every girl wants to be. Lacking security in them selves some how became an attribute every woman needs to survive the streets of the world. This is as much of a problem as gun control. When you see something that looks acceptable in the world you want to take part in it as well. Same goes for beauty pageants. It's not understood as anything wrong or harmful. Beauty pageants ares simply classified in a woman's mind to be everything you need to look forward in life. Most women don't understand the dangers beauty pageants involve. Most women today don't even care. As long as they have a public persona of perfection then they automatically gained something important in life.

-It's come to my realization that beauty pageants are some sort of sacred act. And if you are offered to take part in one you automatically made your life. That some how being in a beauty pageant is the best thing to come to you in your life. This seems to be backwards. Seeing as most women underestimate the dangers involved.

-Not to mention that today’s beauty queens and models are required to be slim. This ultimate glorification of slim built ladies has resulted in the drop of self assurance and what the viewers may think of themselves as well.

---

So. Maybe society defines beauty in terms of people's size and complexion, but to be frank, there is no absolute beauty. Beauty is, and is only in the eyes of the beholder. Real beauty should be defined to include their personality and over all character. All human beings are created equal, and in God’s eyes everyone is equally beautiful.

---
    There's so much that I can say..But I want to know what you think.

"Is beauty corrupting youth?"

[=
    ANNA.K

People seem to agree upon the fact that I am somewhat paranoid and slightly narcissistic. While the latter may be true, all I can say is that some things merit appreciation, and I may acknowledge how great I am a little more than the average person.

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Ok, I starve alot because I'm poor. It sucks.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

[K_K]'z Death Plague annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak is a splendid one to behold annak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken
    Ok, I starve alot because I'm poor. It sucks.
    Sorry? =\
    ANNA.K

People seem to agree upon the fact that I am somewhat paranoid and slightly narcissistic. While the latter may be true, all I can say is that some things merit appreciation, and I may acknowledge how great I am a little more than the average person.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

B.L.T, I did not read the whole post..yet...but I will quickly say this.
    Many teenage girls have a common belief that being thin is what defines beauty. I reject this statement. The way I see it, being a guy myself, is that it is not so much being thin that is attractive, but rather, being physically fit. Being physically healthy, working out, and so on. Of course, exercise can cause people to be very thin, and I believe that because of this, somewhere along the line, someone viewed this the wrong way, and began believing that being thin is beautiful. Now, I am not necessarily saying thin is not beautiful, but I believe that men prefer a healthily-thin girl/woman, who exercises regularly to maintain physical fitness. The majority of men to not find obesse women attraction, that is a fact. And it is human nature to try to attract the members of the gender of one's sexual preference. People will try to attract others, that is one of our most basic instincts.
    Also consider that though being thin is commonly believed to define beauty here in America, many parts of Europe, and many parts of Asia, there are also places where beauty is defined as something completely different, such as the length of one's neck, the size of one's feet, or even the diameter/circumference of one's lower lip.

That is all for now.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Since the dawn of mankind, we have had difficulity with the definition of beauty. Different periods of time and many writers and great minds have had there own thoughts on what we call beauty but no one was able to agree on a single term for it. Today even everyone has their own thoughts on it. Despite the different thoughts in people's hold on beauity , it's important to learn their ideas in order to get a handle on what beauty could be and how we perceive it. Is it all just looks? Or could it be thicker then that?

I don't know what to say at this point, Xero. It seems to me that women can not grasp the fact that true beuty lies in the beholder. You're probably right from a man's point of view. But being a chick myself, we don't see it that way. We seem to think that, for the most part, being beautiful means corrupting what you already have. So what if you have baby weight. You just had a baby. So what if you were born with a few extra pounds. It isn't the end of the world.

I can easily say that but it isn't so easy for other women to believe that. I've learned that it is extremely hard to change one's perspective on what is beautiful. Some women think it is to be what the magazines yell at you. But it is deeper. Women want what the other has. It's always a competition between eachother. We strive to get that guy. Or this guy. Then we see "that" guy go with "that" girl and we get doubts. We seem to think we have to try harder the nezt time.

Then there are the women who simply don't give "twoshitsaboutit".

[=
    ANNA.K

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's a pretty simple concept...

People have voted with their feet, as the saying goes, as to what the standard for beauty is, through Movies, Television, etcetera. If Angelina Joile stars in a movie, and everyone watches said movie, then Angelina gets more roles. More roles means more broadcasted Angelina, and people, both male and female, become more enamored of her through repetition. Then Angelina becomes, through repetition, a standard of beauty, essentially the de facto Alpha Female. Males aspire to procreate with the Alpha Female, and females try to mimic her to acquire better options for mating.

I really don't support the process, but it does happen.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Local Idiot wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2006 02:16 AM
    on the ragged edge of the world i'll roam. and the home of the wolf will be my home.
    Threads

whoa 0.o; that is the longest post ive ever seen in my whole life!!!!!!!!.....uh any way's it is true and very sad....here in like the u.s. we are purposly starveing ourself but in 3 world country's they have no choice but to starve...it's sad really we have no reall survival instink cause every thing we need is handed to us...hmm so so sad..hunger suck's you get tired and weak....i know hunger all to well really........but after a while you do get used to it...but it's still a pain felt by many undeserving pepole and animal's too...we are sick sick freak's to do this but...i get where the hungry are comeing from.......

AG'S DADDY Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Leo Katana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2012 01:17 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Arosa Seijyu

You have a good point wolf-on-the-hunt .... Its unfortunate that many people cant see past the outside shell of the person to thier inner beauty. Even in small towns like mine in Canada, many girls have the opinion that if you're skinny and run in the right crowd, you're better than everyone else. Its a shame really, cuz I have always thought that a good personality and friendly face were more important than how a person looked on the outside.

Sig and Avatar made by Sadie
    Family is in my Journal

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

>>we are purposly starveing ourself but in 3 world country's they have no choice but to starve

<< I agree with that more than I thought I would. You are right. We can eat whatever we please, or at least find a way to survive but we choose not to? Seems a bit concieted to me. That since we have the food people don't we purposly shove it in their faces. What I mean is "Look at all of this food! Mmmm. But I'm going to let it go to waste to prove to you that I have more than you and I don't need to eat everything to survive."

Yet that's not the point of my original post. What I meant through that--and I admit--long post was that, we do so much to fit the mold these days. It seems to me that beauty, being beautiful or..Beautification is the center of the problem. We're corrupted in means of ourself.

[=
    ANNA.K

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

I think beauty is somewhat corrupting the youth because everyone wants to look like celebrities but they shouldn't turn to starvation to do it because why would anyone want to be like a celebrity with all the court cases and people hating another just because they aren't perfectly skinny we can't all be a sex symbol or w/e because the way people look doesn't make them better people
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Local Idiot wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    on the ragged edge of the world i'll roam. and the home of the wolf will be my home.
    Threads

it is sad....... they cant look outside there own need's they just want to aceppted and known.............. you know it's true nix i would welcome a freindly face any day over a pretty one.....but you know what??there is no such thing as "populer" and "the incrowd" or even "cool" the truth is it's just a bunch of selfcenterd jerk pepole who would only pay attion is if your waering a mirrorr, they think there better cuase thye decided that they are perfect and every one around them say's so...there really just insecure pepole who have anger and sadness so they take it out on other's, i hate them!!!!!!!..hey have you guy's heard my joke?? i made it up myself ^.^ o.k.-

how many socialites does it take to screw in a light bulb?????-

3 one to screw in the light bulb and 2 to tell them how good they look!!!!!!! lol i love that!!!!!

*celebrates with Hawk* Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69 has a reputation beyond repute Kira_yamato69's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2008 11:42 AM
    Threads

omg so much to read.... o_0 anyway it is a pretty simple concept but not reading it all makes me feel dumb to what I just said so ya......I know I shouldent have posted cause I dunno what to say to that.....

Family:
    Sister: lorie, Keyasaffection
    Aunt: beatrix_bunny220

Offened by your face ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2006 03:43 PM
    Threads

Unfortunately I'm too lazy read this. =/

so... cool? =|

Like my work? Add this to your sig! ^.^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey!!! oh get lazy bum's!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should read it just because it's long donst mean it's not good and worth reading c'mon get up!!! *run's tackel's you dump water and pushe's you over to post* now go on and read it!!! it's good trust me ^.^ *wuf!!!*
    Last edited by wolf-on-the-hunt; 05-24-2006 at 05:53 PM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by annak
    >>we are purposly starveing ourself but in 3 world country's they have no choice but to starve

<< I agree with that more than I thought I would. You are right. We can eat whatever we please, or at least find a way to survive but we choose not to? Seems a bit concieted to me. That since we have the food people don't we purposly shove it in their faces. What I mean is "Look at all of this food! Mmmm. But I'm going to let it go to waste to prove to you that I have more than you and I don't need to eat everything to survive."

Yet that's not the point of my original post. What I meant through that--and I admit--long post was that, we do so much to fit the mold these days. It seems to me that beauty, being beautiful or..Beautification is the center of the problem. We're corrupted in means of ourself.

[=
    It's not as though self destruction for "beauty" is a new phenomenon. See: Tightlacing.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000
    It's not as though self destruction for "beauty" is a new phenomenon. See: Tightlacing.
    May I contribute the fashion of dying your teeth black to the list of historical examples? Apparantly it made you look rich, since only the rich could afford sugar and get tooth rot.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    May I contribute the fashion of dying your teeth black to the list of historical examples? Apparantly it made you look rich, since only the rich could afford sugar and get tooth rot.
    As I recall, being overweight was also considered a sign of wealth, because if you were fat, it was an indication that you had enough money to get yourself to be so. Or has this been mentioned?

I'm not sure that this is really a new thing, nor does it apply only to beauty pageants, as Manhattan Project 2000 is saying. This is just something that happens in society - both to men and women in some way. We're influenced by what is popular, publicized, or well-liked. It's just that the standards of beauty are the most obvious (and arguably the most troubling) example of this.

But how do you fix a problem like that?
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't say a darn thing about beauty pageants...

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 05:02 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000
    I didn't say a darn thing about beauty pageants...
    That was my point - you didn't talk about beauty pageants (as the original poster did), you looked at the issue of the standards of beauty in the general sense.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

[K_K]'z Death Plague PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 08:42 PM
    Threads

let me say this , bye the way im a girl not a guy, but i know guys dont like thin, they like curves, i f your too thin u dont normally have curves, like me, again as ive said manytimes im not aneariex, i want to gain weight, anyways and if your too fat u dont normally show curves , am i right? so basically u want to be inbetween whic h is perfect, u look healthy , you have curves , your body will look great inbetween, there u go

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Thin hasn't always been the definition of beauty. Look at Marilyn Monroe. What size was she? A 14, if I'm correct.

Personally, I just think this "thin is in" thing is just a phase in fashion. Seriously. Maybe in the next few years, the media will start showing REAL women. REAL women are aren't always a size 0, and aren't twigs. I respect the campaignforrealbeauty ads by Dove; they show women, not toothpicks with glamorous clothes that have been touched-up by computers.

But anyways, about girls starving themselves to be "cool". I think it's ridiculous; if people don't like you when you are a healthy weight, think about what kind of person you're trying to impress. Some girls need to realize that beauty can be universal; whether you're thin, fat, or somewhere inbetween, you ARE beautiful in your own way.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

I really dont even think about beauty all that much to tell the truth....
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Old School Till' The End Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred has a reputation beyond repute Master Of Shred's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2007 06:04 PM
    The Land That Time Forgot, The Home Of Lost Hero's.
    Threads

Right, right on. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, it is just a persons likes. In the eye of the beholder is the correct term, skinny is a bit intimidating because most who are skinny have a personality problem, as in being very...um...judgemental, shallow and conceited. I'm not saying they all are, just pointing out that by my experience it has been that way. Call it a scar that makes me wary of approaching them, in the past I've been basically stubbed out like a cheap cigarette by skinny beautiful girls lol.

Oh crap I messed that all up, never mind can't get across right.
    Sure, I live in the 80's. But the majority of 80's guitar players are more talented than most today, who do you think inspired who you listen to to play guitar in the first place knucklehead?Respect your elders!
    Hell Bent Till The End

http://www.stormfront.org

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

My thoughts on the matter have always been that appearance altering beyond what you can do in five to ten minutes is a waste of time and effort. Working on my appearance doesn't improve who i am and doesn't increase my knowledge or power which are the only things in life that really matter.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Junior Member akumu13 can only hope to improve akumu13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2006 03:20 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb

There are so many better ways to die than starving. Why they would want to intentionally destroy their body, is beyond my judgment. To strive for the social ideal of beauty at the cost of your one and only body is a childish persuit of unnecessary accaptance, but it is their choice . Unfortunatly their choice makes them better off dead.
    I refuse to play the game the world plays, not because I am ignorant to the rules, but because I have read the rules and fully understand them .

Closed Thread

Thread Information