AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hunting lil animals

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Hunting lil animals

Strange question for an anime forum but I've seen a few outliers hanging around here..

Anybody hunt? What do you hunt if so?

What do you think about hunting?

I have recently gotten into archery.. going to buy a composite bow sometime today. Once I get my accuracy down, I was thinking of heading into northern Ontario to hunt some wolves.

Now, I don't want to kill indiscriminantely, I love animals. I don't know if I could kill a deer under normal hunting scenarios to be truthful. I have a respect even a kinship for nature and to kill a deer that is just lying there doing nothing.. couldn't do it.

But, the way I rationalize it so that it helps nature, is to kill animals destroying or upsetting the balance/local ecology. In northern Ontario the wolves are killing off the deer and rabbit population, so a thinning of their herd is needed. That is where I could bring myself to kill wolves, deer etc, if the end result assists nature in some way.

Some may ask "why even hunt period" well to be frank, I have strong hunting instincts. Many guys who hunt feel the same way, I guess it's a male throwback to the primal roots. I like to fight, I like to punch and be punched, so it makes sense I'd like to hunt. It could always be worse; I could shoot a moose from 350m away with a rifle.. I will never respect people who do that and laugh how they consider themselves "hunters"

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

i really like to hunt. my dad started me off on duck hunting, but now i mostly aim at foxes on the farm cause the goverment gives ya $10 here for each dead fox as a way to get rid of em ^^;

i love animals alot, but hunting is both a sport and hobby for me at my grandparents farm. and by shooting the foxes, i save the chickens (who end up for dinner anyway ^^; )
    animals like wolves i just could never kill. simply because they're my fav animal (not because i'd have to go to a zoo to do it in australia O_o)

soooo, basicly i like to hunt alot. but only really on ducks cause they're tasty and foxes cause they're after the tasty chickens and i get $10 for each fox as well as a thank you for helping with the fox problem ^^

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    Strange question for an anime forum but I've seen a few outliers hanging around here..

Anybody hunt? What do you hunt if so?

What do you think about hunting?

I have recently gotten into archery.. going to buy a composite bow sometime today. Once I get my accuracy down, I was thinking of heading into northern Ontario to hunt some wolves.

Now, I don't want to kill indiscriminantely, I love animals. I don't know if I could kill a deer under normal hunting scenarios to be truthful. I have a respect even a kinship for nature and to kill a deer that is just lying there doing nothing.. couldn't do it.

But, the way I rationalize it so that it helps nature, is to kill animals destroying or upsetting the balance/local ecology. In northern Ontario the wolves are killing off the deer and rabbit population, so a thinning of their herd is needed. That is where I could bring myself to kill wolves, deer etc, if the end result assists nature in some way.

Some may ask "why even hunt period" well to be frank, I have strong hunting instincts. Many guys who hunt feel the same way, I guess it's a male throwback to the primal roots. I like to fight, I like to punch and be punched, so it makes sense I'd like to hunt. It could always be worse; I could shoot a moose from 350m away with a rifle.. I will never respect people who do that and laugh how they consider themselves "hunters"
    But, when the local deer and rabbit populace shrinks (from exhaustive hunting), the wolves will starve to the point where their population shrinks to adapt to form a balance. Not that hunting worsens the situation, it just doesen't do any difference.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member Yzneftamz will become famous soon enough Yzneftamz will become famous soon enough Yzneftamz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2006 10:21 AM
    Threads

I agree with Sagat quite a lot. Well, I do disagree about the 'balance of nature' part but otherwise.

I don't personally hunt. I like animals too much to be doing that. But as for if I would given the chance to... Only with a bow. That takes much else than just accurate shooting, unlike with almost any firearm. Been kindling the idea sometimes, actually...
    "Poor little sword..." Old blacksmith Godou from Berserk, when looking at Gatsu's sword.

A friend is someone you call to help you move. A real friend is someone you call to help you move a body.

And I HATE smileys.

Member crazy.cookie will become famous soon enough crazy.cookie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2006 02:24 PM
    Threads

ok guys what if go get a gun and started hunting you? i assure you i'm pretty accurate so i won't miss. i think that it is sick that people kill animals for sports, hobbies and fun, you spoke about wolves killing deer, wolves do it because they need food, a predator never hunts unless it is hungry...and about the balance of nature thing, nature was doing fine before humans started to get involved.
    signature made by me and if you ask nicely i may make one for you

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mmmm.... Dear Jerky.

Hunting is rather fun. But in Ohio, we really only hunt dear because there are so dang many of them. But in Kentucky, the turkey are plentiful right across the river.

I am best with a rifle, because I was on the marksmanship team in my school's ROTC unit for 4 years. But I am decent with a bow too. I have to be honest, and while it may sound gruesome, using a bow is just plain ole fun, and in all honesty-- takes a lot more skill and strength than a rifle.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by crazy.cookie
    ok guys what if go get a gun and started hunting you? i assure you i'm pretty accurate so i won't miss. i think that it is sick that people kill animals for sports, hobbies and fun, you spoke about wolves killing deer, wolves do it because they need food, a predator never hunts unless it is hungry...and about the balance of nature thing, nature was doing fine before humans started to get involved.
    Spare me the animal rights crap all right. And don't worry, I am quite accurate myself too with a rifle, I won't miss either.

The wolves need food yeah yeah yeah, point is the deer populations is being killed away leaving the wolves alone and screwing up everything. Too many wolves, too little deer. Instead of having one thing lead to another to another to another, simply more efficient to thin the wolf population.

As far as nature doing better before humans, that ain't my fault and what's done is done.

Diesel: Only so many wolves will be allowed to be killed. You have to draw tags to do it, this will prevent a whole forest of hunters shooting any dog they see.

Kishiro, about the gun/bow thing and the skill - exactly why I chose the bow over the gun.

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I despised hunting. I despised anything that has to with hurting an animal. An animal is like a human being its like Crazy Cookie said "Grabbed a gun and start hunting you" its wrong just they can't speak English and covered in fur doesn't mean they aren't human cause they are human.
    I think that hunting should be illegal period because humans pushed animals to near extiction. People also get mad when creatures find ways in their way into humans home.
    Well of course its going to move in your home its got no home of its own. Your house was built on its land first.
    Humans have to have a problem with everything first slavery, then segragation, and now wiping out animals.
    Disgusting.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Pwns Blackjack Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads

I agree with hunting in certain situations; mainly those for food and protecting your lifestock - but hunting for pure sport, enjoyment etc: no I don't - if you kill something, there has to be for a just cause.

...because they need food, a predator never hunts unless it is hungry...
    I'm afraid you are incorrect there, many animals (mainly mammals) kill for pure enjoyment - cats for example - they'll kill mice and rats for the fun of it - not because they are hungry.

I believe humans too have this instinct, but it is harnessed by the way we have been raised - we've no reason to kill for food ourselves (we simply buy it from the shop) so the instinct is closed, if you will.

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^;

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'll freely admit that part of the reason I'm compelled to hunt is simply because I want to kill, and I don't feel one ounce of guilt for it.

I tried caribou a few days ago, and it was delicious, though I have no interest in them. Deer is good, and I heard wild boar isn't too bad either.

Aside from the hunting though, it's the act in itself. Backpacking, hiking, being inside nature, the sights, sounds and smells. Almost like returning to your primal nomadic roots. Tracking animals, keeping low of the wind, camouflaging yourself and stalking the prey, taking that one vital shot and dropping it before it even knew what happened.. then cooking it over a campfire, alone by yourself with your tent and tools. Getting excited just thinking about it.

Seiko's Ramen Boy! © Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2009 09:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sayoran
    I agree with hunting in certain situations; mainly those for food and protecting your lifestock - but hunting for pure sport, enjoyment etc: no I don't - if you kill something, there has to be for a just cause.

I'm afraid you are incorrect there, many animals (mainly mammals) kill for pure enjoyment - cats for example - they'll kill mice and rats for the fun of it - not because they are hungry.

I believe humans too have this instinct, but it is harnessed by the way we have been raised - we've no reason to kill for food ourselves (we simply buy it from the shop) so the instinct is closed, if you will.

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^;
    teheh, i agree with sayoran..

uh.. idont shoot, though i do play around with bow and arrows shooting at nothing..
    and i used to have this bb gun (or whatever ya call it)
    and me and my friends shoot leaves XD
    or aim at cards sitting on the windowsill..
    i dint think i wanna kill animals till i have to. ^^;
    XD

~inuyasha
    . _ . - ` スタイル° -- Chaux Aka Inu

A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream..

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've never really hunted, per say, but I have been on hunts, and I have seen a deer killed. I dunno what's so great about it, but it was an important aspect as to the success of the human species, so whatever floats your boat.

Venison is freakin' delicious though. Especially the heart, pan fried from a corn-fed deer. Mmmmmmmmm.

Gator tail too, but the only stuff I have had is farm raised. Probably better that way.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I can't stand people who don't know ANYTHING about a certain topic but come running in, thinking they're a friggen expert on the subject and run their mouths out, vomiting incoherent babble that's riddled with innacuracies. Nature was surviving on it's own, true, but Nature was also coming out of control. Here in PA, we are encouraged to Hunt Deer because they are eating shrubs and herbs that are also eaten by Small animals such as Rabbits and groundhogs. These animals are dying of starvation because the Deer control the woods due to their size and high population. The Deer also have no natural preditors in this area so they run the place. Quite frankly, I like little fluffy animals such as bunnies. And I can't stand the idea of rabbits being killed because the Deer are eating them to extinction in this area, In this case I don't find anything wrong with thinning out the Deer Population so there's a balance and both animals can survive. Everyone wins, except crap-filled-Quasai-Activists such as yourself where there is no pleasing them because any killing of animals is wrong and evil. So If I'm Armed with a .22 highpowered Hunting rifle and am Faced with a Grizzly, I'll make sure Im eaten so it pleases you that a human died for the sake of a bear.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't hunt. Only because I don't have the heart to shoot another living creature, unless of course, it IS self-defense. xD Now, do I care if others do? No. I just don't want to hear about it, is all. I personally, am not a fan of venison, I tried it a whole once, and never again will I.

I'm no vegetarian however. =p I love pork, beef, etc. Nor do I enjoy sea food.

Offened by your face ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-25-2006 03:43 PM
    Threads

no I don't hunt. and i don't plan it either -.-
    Last edited by ~*~Hikarun~*~; 05-19-2006 at 10:45 AM.

Like my work? Add this to your sig! ^.^

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The closest I've ever come to hunting is shooting the rabbits in the back yard with a paintball gun. It's amusing, and some of the stupider ones have killed themselves while I was shooting at them. I'm just helping darwinism along...

I have no problems with hunting, but it always annoy's me when hunters call it a "sport"...... You sit in a tree and shoot whatever is stupid enough to walk in front of you, that's no sport. Go out into the forest with a hunting knife and take down a bear, that would be a sport.

I'd like to give hunting a try, but more of a sniper feel than a hunter feel to it. I don't wanna be 100-300m away from it, how about 1.3-1.5km away with a .50cal rifle, that would be fun. Besides, then I wouldn't have to spray myself with deer musk or whatever else they use so they don't know I'm around.

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Hikarun~*~
    Hunting is boring all you're doing is really killing pull living creature. Im not jugding anyon that hunts but its just serious boring. Enless you find shooting poor helpless little animals like turkey fun. Everytime an animal is shot god makes fun of a =( now thats not very nice is it kids?
    Please edit that last word. I don't find that tasteful. In fact, you should edit that entire last sentence.
    Last edited by Kewii; 05-19-2006 at 07:36 AM. Reason: edit quote

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't hunted in a while, mostly since we moved out of the country into town. However, when we did live in the middle of nowhere, we had cyotes. No, not coyotes. In Texas, we call 'em cyotes. More than once, I wanted to get a flashlights, the shotgun, and shoot 'em when they came to bother our herd of pygmy goats.

Riddle me this, you who would plead me not to kill the cyotes because they want to eat, why do they come to our pygmy goats when our neighbor a mile and half/ two miles of had a whole herd of cattle? Surely a cow could feed the pack better than a fourty pound pygmy goat? And cyotes are LOUD. Not only are they not the pinnacle of silence, they'll also get every dog in the county barking.

I despised hunting. I despised anything that has to with hurting an animal. An animal is like a human being its like Crazy Cookie said "Grabbed a gun and start hunting you" its wrong just they can't speak English and covered in fur doesn't mean they aren't human cause they are human.
    I think that hunting should be illegal period because humans pushed animals to near extiction. People also get mad when creatures find ways in their way into humans home.
    Well of course its going to move in your home its got no home of its own. Your house was built on its land first.
    Humans have to have a problem with everything first slavery, then segragation, and now wiping out animals.
    Disgusting.
    No, an animal is not a human being. Human beings are Homo Sapiens. Animals are not Homo Sapiens by a long shot. Yeah, you think hunting species to near exctinction is new? Humans hunted THOUSANDS of species to extinction as they migrated back in the Stone Age. The house was not built on the animal's land, as animals do not own land. And besides, would you rather that person live in a crowded apartment, living in pollution and adding to that pollution? Slavery is nothing new as well. Some species of ant keep slaves. Slavery and segregation are problems, yes, but a poor example. Slavery and segregation are products of the human mind set at the time, hardly instinctual. Hunting is an instincual urge founded when humans did have to hunt to survive.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Train of thought En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2006 09:33 AM
    Threads

Being a vegetarian kinda limits my hunting ambitions. It just doesn't work that way. As for hunting, it's all good, as long as you eat the damn thing(or sell it so that someone else can eat it, I don't care) and don't go out endangering any more species with heavy hunting. All respect for those hunting with a bow too. Oldschool.

Killing wolves because you have a urge to kill though.(yeah, I got the helping nature balance part) Well that ain't so cool. As Diesel said, the balance would even out naturally anyway. But whatever floats your boat.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hunting is boring all you're doing is really killing pull living creature. Im not jugding anyon that hunts but its just serious boring. Enless you find shooting poor helpless little animals like turkey fun. Everytime an animal is shot god makes fun of a =( now thats not very nice is it kids?
    That is about as shallow/ignorant as they come. Hunting is a lot more than that, the hunt I was taken on was amazing. Tracking the prints in the dirt, camouflaging ourselves, stalking the prey, constantly keep aware of the wind and using it to your advantage. Managing to get within 30 yards of the animal without making a sound, then drawing your arrow without being seen and making it accurate enough to take it down with one shot.

And I said already, forget the hunting part of it for a minute. You're out in nowhere, surrounded by nature, with all it's scenery, scents and things to hear. You're alone by yourself (ideally imo) in charge of your own little world.

Bakakame it's not always sitting in a tree. I find that lazy as well, hence why I would never use a stand or a rifle in hunting.

If hunting is illegal because of extinction, well aside from what Opinionated already said, you have to make a lot of other things illegal too. I'm willing to bet that pollution of ecologies with oil, smog, etc kills more animals than I ever will in my life with my bow.

And this whole "humans invaded animals land humans are evil blah blah blah" well you know what, that's nature in it's simplest form. The strong live, the weak die. Humans are strongest and therefore determine how things are to be. Right or wrong that's going to be the end result.

Nobody get's all freaked out or pissy when a pack of tigers wipes out a herd of wild elk, nobody gets up in arms when a pack of wolves leave their natural territory to invade another land to kill it's inhabitants, yet humans are so evil and horrible for hunting a single, maybe a few, animals.

Do I need deer meat/venison to live? Nope. Do I want venison to eat? Sure do, as someone else said it's delicious. And as the strongest species, what I want to do I usually can.
    Last edited by Kewii; 05-19-2006 at 07:35 AM. Reason: edit quote

Offened by your face ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~ is infamous around these parts ~*~Hikarun~*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That is about as shallow/ignorant as they come. Hunting is a lot more than that, the hunt I was taken on was amazing. Tracking the prints in the dirt, camouflaging ourselves, stalking the prey, constantly keep aware of the wind and using it to your advantage. Managing to get within 30 yards of the animal without making a sound, then drawing your arrow without being seen and making it accurate enough to take it down with one shot.

And I said already, forget the hunting part of it for a minute. You're out in nowhere, surrounded by nature, with all it's scenery, scents and things to hear. You're alone by yourself (ideally imo) in charge of your own little world.

Bakakame it's not always sitting in a tree. I find that lazy as well, hence why I would never use a stand or a rifle in hunting.

If hunting is illegal because of extinction, well aside from what Opinionated already said, you have to make a lot of other things illegal too. I'm willing to bet that pollution of ecologies with oil, smog, etc kills more animals than I ever will in my life with my bow.

And this whole "humans invaded animals land humans are evil blah blah blah" well you know what, that's nature in it's simplest form. The strong live, the weak die. Humans are strongest and therefore determine how things are to be. Right or wrong that's going to be the end result.

Nobody get's all freaked out or pissy when a pack of tigers wipes out a herd of wild elk, nobody gets up in arms when a pack of wolves leave their natural territory to invade another land to kill it's inhabitants, yet humans are so evil and horrible for hunting a single, maybe a few, animals.

Do I need deer meat/venison to live? Nope. Do I want venison to eat? Sure do, as someone else said it's delicious. And as the strongest species, what I want to do I usually can.
    I find war better. And i preffer not strive for meals. Deer meat tatse bad and those poor tigers need to eat. So screw the elk. Look we humans are overpopulated i don't see the animals comeing over here with rifles shooting us down. There i got my point across. Did I not?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I find war better. And i preffer not strive for meals. Deer meat tatse bad and those poor tigers need to eat. So screw the elk. Look we humans are overpopulated i don't see the animals comeing over here with rifles shooting us down. There i got my point across. Did I not?
    That's cause we got guns and the brains .. and they don't. That's how it is.

You're trying to apply a different argument to this situation, this isn't about human overpopulation or the human "virus" attitude towards the world.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's cause we got guns and the brains .. and they don't. That's how it is.

You're trying to apply a different argument to this situation, this isn't about human overpopulation or the human "virus" attitude towards the world.
    XD
    animals have brains to. they just use theres differently. animals know when to choose there battles and obviously they don't choose them with us. gosh humans are so ignorant.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

XD
    animals have brains to. they just use theres differently. animals know when to choose there battles and obviously they don't choose them with us. gosh humans are so ignorant.
    While that's mostly true, the spirit of what you're saying is all wrong.

First off, yes, animals have brains, but so far we've never seen any solid evidence that they are capable of logical thought on the same level that we are. We've attempted to teach some animals to communicate on the same level that we do, but we've never had anything come to the level of "Amy" from "Congo".

Animals have different instincts. Most of them don't include going after us. In fact, most of their instincts are to hunt things that would be lower than them on the food chain. Deer find plants to eat. Deer never attack wolves, but wolves still hunt them. Mice never attack cats, yet the cats love to go after them. Even moreso, cats will hunt mice, bits of string, legos, whatever. And I know my cat never plans to kill legos for food. In fact, he knows they're inanimate, and he pushes them around the floor, just so he can chase them more.

Animals hunt. Smaller animals die. It's a natural thing, no matter how you believe that the species originated. We are the dominant species on the planet. Through natural order, that does give us the biological right to hunt as we please. As far as ecological rights and responsibilities, that's a different issue. That that issue is mostly only relating to how the different species interact with each other. Don't wipe out an entire species, because of the impact that may have on the entire planet, blah blah blah.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Cute and Loveable Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Demon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2006 05:42 PM
    Threads

I am not against or with hunting, i prefer not to go killing though since it isnt me. I do however know how to use a bow and other things, i will use it if the animal will charge at me, in which case a wolf attacked me since its cubs were near me. However i only shot near the animal purposely missing so it would get the hint to leave me alone

Closed Thread

Thread Information