AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you ever donated blood???

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • No never i hate needles

7 18.42%
  • yes of course

25 65.79%
  • umm nope

6 15.79%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would you ever or have you donated blood???

♥-It's just great skyler22 is an unknown quantity at this point skyler22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2007 09:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    In the deepest corner of my mind where the true me is let loose
    Threads

Default Would you ever or have you donated blood???

Would you ever or have you donated blood??? i was going to today but my iron count was just one point too low it was sad cause i realy wanted to give blood but yeah.
    so has any one given blood and if you havent why not???

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I did do it oncce.

But that was once and I hate needles now. Cause every week I have to go one day to the doctors and they have to IV me and medicate me. With needles.
    They have to get security gaurds on me now and then cause I fight with them.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Yeah I have, I just hope the receiver doesn't explode from all the awesome being pumped into their veins.

It was neat after too, they gave me a juice box.

Senior Member lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2006 02:00 PM
    Threads

Nope never. I might later on but I have got a too low iron count as well like skyler.

Thanks to Wonderwice

♥-It's just great skyler22 is an unknown quantity at this point skyler22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2007 09:11 PM
    In the deepest corner of my mind where the true me is let loose
    Threads

aww im sorry for you

FA's sweetie =3. Hehe ;D Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus has a reputation beyond repute Martherus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2008 10:40 AM
    Threads

No, But I think I will.. later
    And yeah.. I don't really like needles >.<

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

i cant donate blood anymore. my phobia for needles is too overwhelming. they dont need to waste time over me when there are lines of people waiting to donate. besides even if i do sign up, i still cant get myself to sit on the chairs.

btw, dont donate blood if you dont know how. i'm sick of watching students faint in halls and on the courtyards after donating. its stupid. people do what the doctors and papers tell you. drink plenty of liquids when finished and sit down for a while afterwards. dont make a show of yourself. n00b donators.

dont get me wrong people, donating blood is great. i did it only a few times. my dad does it every month. he has an uncommon blood type.

as for those of you who are anemic (that means those of you who lack hemoglobin in blood, or to put it simply 'iron') try eating plenty of legumes such as broccoli, beans, and squash or just iron supplements. that should help with the iron levels in your bloodstream. try it for a month or two and then you should be alright, but becareful with the supplements. anemia (unless you have it chronically) is pretty easy to get rid of. it usally occurs in young teens and children. when i was 10 i used to be anemic, but with a healthy diet and good exercise, its gone and never to return.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

The Silent Ninja DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster has a spectacular aura about DemonToaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2006 01:02 PM
    Threads

I HATE NEEDLES!!! And doctor are like vampires, they both take blood.
    Don't let the darkness swallow you, but you shouldn't let the light blind you either.

made by thornwillow.

By Sailor Lunar Eclipse
    Family: In journal

Member crazy.cookie will become famous soon enough crazy.cookie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2006 02:24 PM
    Threads

um i don't like the idea of sharing my blood with other people, i know it is noble thing, but i'm just too selfish and too afraid of needles and as for the hemoglobin ( iron ), according to my last blood test it is pretty high for a girl, now is that bad or dangerous ?
    Last edited by crazy.cookie; 05-09-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    signature made by me and if you ask nicely i may make one for you

Underground Ninja Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2015 12:31 PM
    Threads

err...no....there was a blood donation event....and I didn't even think of giving my blood....no way....uh huh....not after I saw those ppl taking blood and putting 3 bag'z full of blood....I was like OMFG!!3 bagz full from 1 person....no thankz!!I haven't got enough blood for myself and I want to donate?no way!!><

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

never, im scared of needles, i have it hard enought having vacinations

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default sorta

I have never actually donated straight blood. I have however donated,well actually sold, plasma several times.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Junior Member MaxSilverWolf is on a distinguished road MaxSilverWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2006 02:56 PM
    Threads

i've donated atleast 4 times and my blood type is O
    We fumble in the dark to seek answers, but when we come into the light we find out that there are more questions to be asked

Junior Member QuickSilverFang is on a distinguished road QuickSilverFang's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2006 03:05 PM
    Threads

yea i've donated alot of times...its fun cause you get sweets and soda to help get your sugar level back up..i don't mind needles at all and i love watching them go in and the blood go through the tube into the bag, and if your low on cash its a great way to get some extra cash and i think they are making a rule that if u weigh enough u can give twice as much and i'm also type O
    Dying is easy...but it takes work to live

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yep, I've donated blood about 13 times, and I'll keep donating blood as long as they will let me.

In the aprox. 3 years I've been donating, I've passed out twice, plus there was an incident a few months back that's in my journal. But it doesn't bother me, plus I get free cookies and Gatorade afterwards, though I usually don't want to take much.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilverFang
    i don't mind needles at all and i love watching them go in and the blood go through the tube into the bag
    Dude, same here
    Last edited by bakakame; 05-09-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Senior Member lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2006 02:00 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bibi of the blue sea
    i cant donate blood anymore. my phobia for needles is too overwhelming. they dont need to waste time over me when there are lines of people waiting to donate. besides even if i do sign up, i still cant get myself to sit on the chairs.

btw, dont donate blood if you dont know how. i'm sick of watching students faint in halls and on the courtyards after donating. its stupid. people do what the doctors and papers tell you. drink plenty of liquids when finished and sit down for a while afterwards. dont make a show of yourself. n00b donators.

dont get me wrong people, donating blood is great. i did it only a few times. my dad does it every month. he has an uncommon blood type.

as for those of you who are anemic (that means those of you who lack hemoglobin in blood, or to put it simply 'iron') try eating plenty of legumes such as broccoli, beans, and squash or just iron supplements. that should help with the iron levels in your bloodstream. try it for a month or two and then you should be alright, but becareful with the supplements. anemia (unless you have it chronically) is pretty easy to get rid of. it usally occurs in young teens and children. when i was 10 i used to be anemic, but with a healthy diet and good exercise, its gone and never to return.
    Good exercise? Dont that make it worse?

Thanks to Wonderwice

Some Old Cliché g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death has a reputation beyond repute g0d_of_death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2006 01:56 PM
    Threads

I want to, but I can't until I'm 18. I'm waiting for that, I'm sure I'll make it a normal thing. I don't mind needles and I love watching needles fll up with my blood when I'm getting blood tests... it's just so... weird XDD. Also, I'd like people to know that they have blood when they need it. I don't want to be able to save a life and choose not to. So ya, I've got another two years before I can donate blood, but I know I will.

Aifa bistowed rice upon me... has he bestowed it upon you?

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

Hello

Im not a big fan of needle but yep but i may get blood one day

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

I might give blood one day...but I hav a fear of those needles. LIke, the doctor poisons them or they have some kind of...I don't know, I just don't like needles. But, its for a good cause. I'm sure I'll do it, someday.

Member TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy is infamous around these parts TrueFanBoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2006 03:24 PM
    Threads

I'v donated Blood, Plasma, and Bone marrow. Bone marrow is the worst I was tired for a whole week. The others didn't even effect me. I do lot's of sports like swim and cross-country so I have alot of oxygen in my blood and alot of blood in general. But bone marrow kicked my arss.
    Signature Edited for cursing.

I Tried to steal from my friend and it killed my rep help

I Fite Invisable Ninja Robots.

Pwns Blackjack Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran has much to be proud of Sayoran's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 01:04 PM
    Threads

I'm not old enough to donate blood in my country yet (United Kingdom) but, although I've heard it's an awful load of hassle; with all the pre-tests etc. I will still probably donate blood in the future, as well as donating all my working organs after I die - after all what's a little hassle on my part for saving someone elses life?

Thanks,
    Sayoran ^_^;

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes I'd love to, I mean hey, if there's a small chance it may save a life or even help in any way I'll gladly give. Although their slogan leaves something to be desired " Come give blood, we have cookies. " I'll probably give as soon as I my high school offers the program while I'm in grade 12.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

I lie. Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik has a reputation beyond repute Krsnik's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 11:00 PM
    Threads

Sure. I've donated blood. I would do it again. It helps those who are actually in need. Where the blood goes? Storage, until someone actually gets severely hurt.

Local Idiot wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt is infamous around these parts wolf-on-the-hunt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2006 02:16 AM
    on the ragged edge of the world i'll roam. and the home of the wolf will be my home.
    Threads

hmmm....... all thogh i hate needles i suppose i would later they say im not old enoghf yet meh poo on you guys...........acully mabye im like still growing and need it and stuff........ oh well yes i will donate blood when im old enough but for now i shall wait!!! ill also give my orgens too cause when im dead why the heck do i need em?! yesh if i can help other pepole by just doing something that wont really hurt me why not? if you wont then your just selfish. just think if your live depened on it and you die cause no one would give there blood to help...... chew on that for a while i g2g bye!!!

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Having O+ blood, I find it essential for me to donate blood as much as humanly possible. I've wanted to donate blood ever since I was little and was so excited the day I found out that Red Cross was coming to my school for the donations. I went down, had my ID, my SS and my card ready and when I was tested, they found that my hemocrit level was thirty-six percent. The required hemocrit level is 38. Females generally have a lower hemocrit level then males and it's common. But I was heartbroken. I cried, even. I felt like I let someone down, including myself. So when they came back last week, I had been eating right, taking vitamins, I was ready to go. Again, my hemocrit was too low. Only this time, it's at thirty-seven percent. So all I did was raise it one percentile. I'm so angry at myself for not doing better. But that's all that can be done. So as soon as I get it up and keep it there, I'll be donating as much as I can. Three lives are saved each time you donate blood. (Supposedly.) And a human life can't ever be replaced.

I think people who are too scared of needles to donate blood, are complete morons. They're only thinking of themself. Of course, if it'd cause you harm and that's the level of fear you hold for it, I can kind of understand. But others, those people make me sick and irritate me. Just because someone else will give blood and that's your reasoning, doesn't mean you shouldn't. That's the ignorance that creates terrible things. =\

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Closed Thread

Thread Information