AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asking for serious anime...

Banned Forum / Chat devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider is infamous around these parts devil rider's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2006 01:15 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

There all so good can't decide

The Master Of Disaster warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69 is infamous around these parts warpster69's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2008 04:53 AM
    Threads

Post removed due to language
    Last edited by Regex; 05-11-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

Quote Originally Posted by Monika
    Blue Submarine no6
    AT LAST!!!! Someone who knows about it!!!! I hail you my friend. Blue submarine No. 6 is good and serious. Sad story, human nature, mankind's struggle, and war. One excellent anime. Great graphics and the art is wonderful.

I just love Blue 6. My favorite character is Mutio (as you can see from my sig).

Thank you Monika. You just made my day.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

Junior Member EchoAlchemist is on a distinguished road EchoAlchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2006 09:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman
    ah I know exactly what you need,

it starts with 'Bo' and ends with 'bo'.
    And some 'bo' inbetween, yes? no. That is just sick and wrong....... I couldn't finish the first episode.
    I've seen hellsing up there and I agree. On the list too is Paronoia Agent, shortlived though it is, Trigun((like FMA, in the begining it's heavy on the expressions, but lightens up as the story deepens if you can make it through the first ones)), Gungrave, and Gantz((seriously twisted))
    You think he looks funny?

Respect the Tyrant.

[K_K]'z Death Plague PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA is just really nice PleilA's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 08:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yzneftamz
    There's this one thing I dislike in anime, and it's the "forced", graphical humour. You know, those weird faces, tears flowing like rivers, etc. And I'd like you to recommend me some anime without (or with as little as possible of) those effects.

I've watched NGE, Kenshin, Ninja Scroll (movie) and Hellsing (plus the first OVA, still looking for the rest, though), and at the moment under surveillance is Berserk. So those are some I don't actually want to hear much about. But Kenshin and Hellsing OVAs have actually quite close to the maximum amoun of those effects I can stand.

So. Any good recommendations?
    those "effects" is one of the things that makes anime different from other cartoons, its one of the things that makes anime , anime. i love them

The Character Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken has a reputation beyond repute Zantetsuken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

I suggest watching:
    Vampire Hunter D
    Iria: Zeram the Animation
    Kashan Robot Hunter
    Eight Man After
    Robot Carnival
    Gun Smith Cats
    Basically any anime that's not on Toonami, Adult Swim, or Fox kids.

All I need is hand grenades.

Why rob a bank? Rob a drug dealer. What are they gonna do? Call the cops?

MySpace
    http://www.Otaku-Gamer.com

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PleilA
    those "effects" is one of the things that makes anime different from other cartoons, its one of the things that makes anime , anime. i love them
    I agree.
    Pleila.
    Its what makes anime, anime

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

:.: Cold As Ice :.: Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 10:00 PM
    Threads

I agree.
    Pleila.
    Its what makes anime, anime
    Yeah, I agree also.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Although I do know what you mean, I always classify anime by the type of artwork and normally a longer and more in depth storyline. I agree, the sweatdrop and such don't normally appear in other cartoons, but facial expressions and such used for humor are frequent in many cartoons. I guess I just always see the difference as being how the cartoons are drawn more than anything else; anime is anime and cartoons are cartoons. But maybe it is just the ones I have seen.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Seiko's Ramen Boy! © Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux has a reputation beyond repute Chaux's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2009 09:43 PM
    Threads

lol, there isnt much "serious" animes that i know, but if you want some, try the films by hayao miyazaki etc,
    its kinda more of a movie than anime, but hey, thats all i know for now. XD

~inuyasha
    . _ . - ` スタイル° -- Chaux Aka Inu

A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream..

Im an ann0ying l0ser inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089 inuyasha_lover7089's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2006 11:31 AM
    Threads

inuyasha
    wolfs rain
    defenatly not yu gi oh

Member eown07 is on a distinguished road eown07's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2008 11:11 AM
    Threads

Witch Hunter Robin, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Samurai 7. Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1 and 2 as well. I like the first one much, much better though.

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2021 10:39 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Team Medical Dragon

美しい夢みる人

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PleilA
    If you have to define a genre by such trite indicators as a stylized sweat drop, than you have very shallow judgment.

Anyway, Serial Experiment's Lain is exceedingly good, although it has very little action. Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent have more action, but aren’t as good as SEL. Movie-wise, Perfect Blue is awesome.

I can't reiterate Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex enough. A-W-E-S-O-M-E
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhatten_Project_2000

Anyway, Serial Experiment's Lain is exceedingly good, although it has very little action. Boogiepop Phantom and Paranoia Agent have more action, but aren’t as good as SEL. Movie-wise, Perfect Blue is awesome.

I can't reiterate Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex enough. A-W-E-S-O-M-E
    Agreed on everything. Perfect Blue = my love.

Here's some others to add to the list:

Cowboy Bebop - Great anime; has silly moments, but is overall a serious series. A classic in the universe of anime.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - Absolutely beautiful. Perfectly serious. D's hand is the only source of comic relief, but even so, it's rare. The original movie was good, but I hold the sequal in higher opinion.

Grave of the Fireflies - A wonderful movie. You can watch this one with the entire family! Totally kid friendly, but not silly. Lighthearted in some parts, but no stupidity. Will make you cry. No action or blood, but still wonderful.

Spirited Away - Another kid friendly, but not silly, movie. One of Miyazaki's best pieces. It deserved the Oscar. It's no Hellsing when it comes to content, but it still leaves you satisfied, without feeling as if you've consumed a bucket of edible silliness.

Yu Yu Hakusho - No, I'm not crazy for putting this anime here. It has tons of silly moments, but it all balances out. Lots of action. It's one of my favorites; provides a great cast of characters with a great story. Can easily be enjoyed.

FullMetal Alchemist - It's good. Has some comedy, but just like YYH, it manages to balance it all out in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure there are tons of others. There are bunches of animes that do have comedy, but manage to blend it in with other genres, such as action or romance.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

I would caution that Grave of Fireflies is perhaps not for very young children. Despite the lack of obvious violence, it is very sad and points at some of the darker times both in Japan and in the world. I could see a sensitive child becoming rather upset with some of the events. If the child is mature and understands, at least to an extent, life and death and war and love, etc. Then I strongly suggest it, but if they are sensitive or too young/inexperienced to understand such concepts I stil suggest it, but at a later time. Don't get me wrong, I find it one of the best I have seen as far as the story and what you gain back from it--in fact I wish more people would see it, but it is a very heavy story and lesson and some may not quite be ready for such things.
    Last edited by akiko_kalla; 06-16-2006 at 11:57 PM.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Anbu the Assassin chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7 has a reputation beyond repute chuunin7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2009 12:34 PM
    Threads

You want a serious anime? ok then, sukisho, loveless, trinity blood, blood +, vampire princess miyu, ghost in the shell, otogi shoshi the legend of magatama. I think that's all I know..^^ hope this is helping..

Once could be a fluke and twice a coincidence, but thrice proves it's a real ability.

Senior Member Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI is a jewel in the rough Knight_of_NI's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2006 01:09 PM
    Threads

If you want serious anime Gungrave is one of the best.

The Few the Proud the Marines
    www.Marines.com

Searching for Paradise White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon has a reputation beyond repute White Wolf Of Solomon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 10:07 PM
    Threads

i would recomend ghost in the shell it has a serious tone and when there is action it is good
    The name White Wolf is synonymous with honor,and it will live on in the minds of his friends and foes alike.

That the fear will leave us when we know He is with us and it is wonderful.

They had been defected and excommunicated
    and all the pulses were subverted
    and they made sure that the obituaries showed pictures of smoke stacks
    150 mph club

Closed Thread

Thread Information