AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: *** Forum Rules/FAQ ***

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Post *** Forum Rules/FAQ ***

Forum rules:

1. CHAT RULES: Chat rules are very well made. They keep the chat clean from useless posting and inappropriate language, and from now on they will keep clean this forum as well. The chat rules are applied for images, too. They can be found here.

2. BANDWIDTH: Please be considerate with your posts. Don't post random images and don't quote images if not necessary. They are just annoying and they don't contribute to the current post. When posting a big image (bigger than 640x480px) use the "Manage Attachments" feature under "Additional Options". This will help people with dial-up speeding up their browsing capabilities and will save bandwidth as well.

3. NO LINKING TO OTHER CG SITES: Linking to other sites is like advertising which falls under the category "Chat Rules". If you want to post a picture which is on another site, post the direct link of the picture or even better, use the "Image Uploader" located under the smiles list.
    Example:
    - http://name.deviantart.com = BAD and NOT ALLOWED,
    - http://name.deviantart.com/picname.jpg = OK.

4. SPAM (aka Stupid Pointless Abusive Message): Off topic posts and threads, one word posts (don't post less than 4 words), advertisements, meaningless or just random threads all fall under this category. They are useless and just make the forum look bad. If you can't help it and you have to annoy someone with them, write a SPAM mail and email it to yourself. That won't hurt anyone. As everything, this rules has exceptions too. You are allowed to multi-post only (and I mean only) if in your thread nobody else posted in 2 days.

5. ONE THREAD, ONE SUBJECT: Since the sections were merged we have to merge the rules a bit. One thread per subject (with exception of photography). Meaning if you make a thread displaying signatures or your drawings; please keep to one thread displaying signatures and update it as you go. Photography is the exception; you may have a thread for each "photography subject" as per the old photography rules so that the threads don't load slowly with example of 500 posts with 20 pictures each.

6. RESPECT OTHER'S WORK: When commenting somebody's work, please, leave a message longer than a one-liner and back up your statements with reasons. Make sure you contribute to the thread with a good and constructive critique.
    Example:
    *** BAD ONES ***
    - I like it. Keep it up.
    - I like it. Keep it up and I want to see more.
    - Omg ... it's awesome. I like your work very very very much. Keep it up. <-- NOTE: This type of comment is just a way to try to make a sentence long enough to abide by the rules. We want you all know that we are not counting words (unless we find out you are breaking the rule about SPAM). This is not the school. We want content and we moderate the forums considering what's written and not how long the post is. Keep that in mind!

*** GOOD ONE ***
    - Your avatar/signature/wallpaper is quite good. The colors work good together. And with the positions of the various elements, you achieved a really good overall composition. The result is simple yet stylish.

7. DON'T FLAME: Flaming is not criticism, but just insulting the one who made the art. If you can't write a critique without flaming don't do it. We always appreciate flamers who keep their opinions for themselves.

8. EXTRACTIONS: Extractions (your own, no stealing them) and other resources that YOU create may be posted here under the "resource" tag.

9. RIPPING: Ripping other's work and claim it as yours is like stealing and we won't allow it. If we find out your work is not yours, you will find your thread closed and get a verbal warning. If after opening a new thread we will find out you did it again you will get a warning. After we find you for the 3rd time you will be forbidden to post into this forum.

10. REQUESTING ART: Requesting signatures and avatars is permitted in this forum. There will be no monitary or tangible exchange of goods for requests. Requests should be done on a first come first serve basis. Meaning whoever offered to do the request first should be given first shot at completing the request. If they decide later on not to complete the request then others may volunteer to complete the request instead.

11. CONTESTS: Members may run contests and MUST be approved by a moderator. Member ran contests may NOT offer rewards. Rewards are only granted from official AF contests. Please PM @blueangel06661 for any questions/approval.

The rules are subject to change so keep tracking this thread for changes.

For any questions regarding the forum rules or this forum itself we are available over the private messaging system (aka PMs).
    Happy posting!

Art Forum Forum Moderators
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 02-25-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Edited for more detailed information on Requesting Art

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. I noticed people on the forums use little images under their username and I want one too. I just don't know how to put one there. Can you help me?
    The little images are called avatars and you can use them by going in the UserCP under "Edit Avatar" and choose one on the list you will find there. After you are done don't forget to click on "Save Changes" or the changes won't be saved.

2. I saw other people use avatars they made (custom avatars) and I want to use one too, but I can't find any options which would allow me to use one. How can I use one?
    If you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the UserCP click on "Edit Avatar". At the bottom of the page you will find an option which says "Custom Avatar" with two possibilities. The first one is to use an avatar which is already somewhere on the internet and you will have to paste there it's URL address (be sure you paste in it's full address). The second possibility allows you to upload an avatar from your computer. Just click on "Browse" and select the avatar you want to use, but be sure the image matches the specifications set in the NOTE line.

3. Now I know how to upload my own avatar, but I don't have any to upload. Is there any way I can use a pre-made one?
    Of course it is. You can either use the ones you can find in the UserCP under "Edit Avatar" or use the ones our users submitted to us on AnimeGalleries [dot] Net.

4. I really like the idea to make avatars for users to use on the sites and I want to contribute on it too. How can I do that?
    This is really simple, check this out. There you will find all the information you need to contribute. We also have other graphic sections to contribute to. Check out the Signature section, the Wallpaper Section and the Banner Section too.

5. What about those little images under your message every time you post. Do you have to be a mahoutsukai to put something there?
    A magician?? What has magic to do with forums is beyond me, but to put an image there you certainly don't have to be one. That is called "a signature" though and there you can put text as well as images. There are two ways to upload a signature:
    *** First Method ***
    Go in the UserCP and click on "Edit Signature". At the bottom of the page you will find an option which says "Upload Signature Picture" with two possibilities. The first one is to use a signature which is already somewhere on the internet and you will have to paste there it's URL address (be sure you paste in it's full address). The second possibility allows you to upload a signature from your computer. Just click on "Browse" and select the signature you want to use, but be sure the image matches the specifications set in the NOTE line. After that paste "[sigpic][/sigpic]" in the box in the "Edit Signature" option.
    *** Second Method ***
    Click on Gallery and select "Add Album". Wait the page to open, then put in the information about the gallery's title, it's description and gallery type and press "Save Changes". In the next window, find the option "Upload picture" and click it to open a pop-up window. In the pop-up click on "Add files" and after that on "Select files". This will open a new window where you can select the signature from your computer. Once you've selected the signature click on the "Upload files" in the "Add files" interface. This will upload the image on the site. After it's done click on "Done" at the bottom of the window. The pop-up will close and you will be back in the gallery with a new page where you will have to select the signature's name, it's description and if you want it as the album's cover. When you've entered all the info click on "Save changes" and you will be redirected to the gallery. Find the pic you uploaded and copy the "BB Code IMG" tag. After that go in the UserCP under "Edit Signature" and paste the IMG code in the box under "Edit Signature". Click on "Save Changes" and you are done.

To insert text in your signature follow the same steps, just instead of the IMG tag use normal text.

6. Before you said we can use avatars from AnimeGalleries [dot] Net on the forums. Do you have anything similar for signatures too?
    Of course I do. You can use pre-made signatures from AG.net or even request a whole set (avatar + signature) here. Also, have a look at the Signatures and Avatars Forum and ask somebody to make you one directly via PM (private message).

7. I would like to work on a new piece of art, but I can't find any good stocks to work with. Does this site offer any, which I could use for my works?
    Sure ... if there is anything we are not out of those are stocks to work with. We have a large collection of images you can use on AnimeGalleries. Also the sub forum Uploads in the Dazzle Us Forum is full of extractions posted by our users. There you can also find brushes to use with your favorite graphic program. And of course there you can also post your own extractions to share with others. If this is not enough we also have a large collection of sites which offer stocks, brushes, textures and so on. Check our resource stickies in Dazzle Us.

8. OK, I've spent hours on the blending of my stock, but I can't figure out how to improve the blending quality. Can you help me out on this again? I would need a tutorial how to blend stocks with the background with pictures showing it how. Can you make me one?
    Uh ... I don't have time to write tutorials for you, but we have users who have found the time to make them. Check our Editing Tips and Tutorials Sub Forum. There you can find any kind of tutorials with pictures explaining step by step how to use your program. Also, you may want to check the resource sticky, which leads you to other sites with tutorials. Of course you are welcome to write your own tutorials for us and help another member solve their problem with the evil graphic program.

9. Contests. You guys run a lot of contests here. Usually when one ends another starts the very next day. Do you guys have any planing behind this and is there any space for contests run by users?
    That depends ... sometimes we start thinking one week before the end of the current contest, sometimes 2, at times we just start a contest because we feel like starting it ... it's more random than it seems. As for contests run by users we are not against it and if anyone wants to start one, feel free to contact one of the Dazzle Us moderators for the arrangements. We don't allow starting your own contest without asking first though.

10. I would like to start a contest, but I don't know what kind of contest I want to run. Can you help me out with your experience?
    Starting a new contest is always a hard task. Some people participate only if the subject interests them, while others don't mind as long as it's about their graphic preference (signatures, wallpapers, avatars). I would suggest you to do a little research and check old contests, suggestion threads and maybe even ask around. Please don't come to us asking to run a contest without knowing what kind of contest you want to run.

The FAQ will be updated regularly, so keep an eye on it.
    For any more questions, or if you want something posted here, feel free to PM any of the forum moderators.

The Dazzle Us Forum Moderators
    Last edited by FlashD; 04-03-2008 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Some changes

Closed Thread

Thread Information