AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anime Or Real Life?

Senior Member Chaos_Hell_Angel will become famous soon enough Chaos_Hell_Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2006 09:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime Or Real Life?

From time to time Anime has been fictional as with stories that people thought of, or games that spuned off to anime, ect. Now If pay attention to alot of Anime now it's becoming more based on real life. If you think, there is alot of Anime that has real facts pulled from real life, as much as it may seem weird and futuristic all the time. Think ANGEL SANCTUARY, that is based loosely around the bible and revalations. Or Princess Mononoke: about how humans used to be able to communicate with animals and nature like Adam and Eve. Watching anime lately I notice you can learn alot about life through Anime. So what is your opinion on this matter? Do you think Anime can teach us about life or is it all just fictional?

Senior Member lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2006 02:00 PM
    Threads

i think anime can teach us a lesson from it and they can be basic ones like be brave or stand up for yourself(bleach is an excellent example) there are tons of anime that make us wish we could fight as well as the characters or have the same kind of journeys - i mean look at FMA its set in our time but there are alchemists -ppl who you dont see in the actual world but thats why i mainly love anime!

Thanks to Wonderwice

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Those examples aren't really based on "real life." That's shows based on mythology and religious beliefs.
    It's not so unheard of for shows and comic books to be based on mythology and legends. Many Final Fantasy games are based on Eastern mythology as well.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member Chaos_Hell_Angel will become famous soon enough Chaos_Hell_Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I came to understand that also with anime using myths and legend into it. But isn't that also somewhat based on real facts too?
    Meet the Angel of Chaos and Hell when your in my presence

Senior Member lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie has a reputation beyond repute lorie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

but religion is an important part of life i mean it was on the news about funny pictures being posted in a newspaper about prophet mohammed and all the muslims(which i am also) were angry and like ishbal it was the same

Thanks to Wonderwice

Member Zionthefoxyfae is on a distinguished road Zionthefoxyfae's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2006 10:17 AM
    Threads

With the whole FMA thing before I finished the series my friend and I came to the conclusion that is was some what parallel to WWII

Also if anyone has read Confidential Confessions thats real life things like that REALLY do happen sadly they happen everyday
    Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh yes thats what fma reminded me of with the trains and the desert and wars
    thanx zion you actually proved a point that i was making

Thanks to Wonderwice

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So in a sort of way, Anime can send us a message about life?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeh man they teach me lots of stuff!!
    how to be brave etc.
    oh and chaos i love your avatar
    did you have a previous signature the one with the pic of that man who looks like your avatar??? because i loved that pic can you send it to me plzzz

Thanks to Wonderwice

Member demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2006 12:04 PM
    Threads

I think anime can teach us a lot about real life. In Inuyasha, he says that humans are the most arrogent(sp?) and greedy creatures alive. The more you think about it, the more it seems to make sense. Also, for the FMA thing, my friends say that alchemy is a real thing. Like some sort of ancient art. In Yugioh they used ancient Egypt and the legend of Atlantis. So, anime can teach us about real things and it can also teach us about myths and legends.
    There comes a time when the hidden will be discovered and everything will be known.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    This is Bunny. Copy him into your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

alchemists real???!! u have to be kidding me they can do that??? i know there are ppl called alchemists but they are fma alchemists! are they?

Thanks to Wonderwice

Member demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117 is infamous around these parts demon_of_darkness117's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I haven't seen my friends preform alchemy, but they talk about it a lot. They said that you absolutly have to have a transmutation circle to do alchemy and you have to be able to clap really fast. Ive never tried to do it, probably never will, but my friends said that it's some kind of ancient art that only certain people can do.
    There comes a time when the hidden will be discovered and everything will be known.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    This is Bunny. Copy him into your sig and help him on his way to world domination.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ohhhh so there is kind of above-the-normal kind of stuff here
    im soo glad i always wanted it to be and only some ppl can do it...wow sounds just like an anime

Thanks to Wonderwice

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by demon_of_darkness117
    I haven't seen my friends preform alchemy, but they talk about it a lot. They said that you absolutly have to have a transmutation circle to do alchemy and you have to be able to clap really fast. Ive never tried to do it, probably never will, but my friends said that it's some kind of ancient art that only certain people can do.
    Don't misunderstand. Alchemy in reality is a form of chemistry. What you see in Full Metal Alchemist is absolutely fictional. Actual alchemy in history was used to create medicines and poisons. The idea was that they could use their understanding of chemistry and physics to convert some types of matter into other types. They are still limited by reality, however.(The myth of turning lead into gold, for example. Still has not been done very well. At one point, a nuclear reaction was used to change lead atoms into gold atoms, but they were so unstable, they broke apart in a few seconds.

Your friends can't do any of this. I can't stress that enough. What you see in Full Metal Alchemist is purely fictional.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member Guilty Gear will become famous soon enough Guilty Gear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2006 06:43 PM
    Threads

Default It would be cool if anime was real

If it was real it will be no end a ride from hell and back but our world would be different.There will be new treats and hard people to fight your up coming.

Who want some

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I was only saying what my friends told me, and I think you're right, Member Name, alchemy is potions and chemistry. That's what I told them, but they said that it was all these weird transmutation circles. That was before I knew what FMA was, so I don't really know if it's real or not. Anything's possible, right?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (><)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

oh i see (damn!) i rely want something to happen...like ghosts appear or something like that

Thanks to Wonderwice

<3 dai's property ~dai Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir is infamous around these parts Crystal_Gardevoir's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-25-2007 01:06 PM
    Threads

I did notice some mangas relate to real situations as well. I have taken a special interest in Love Hina. this manga puts a few women and a man into a relationship based on feelings. Shinobu is shy and contained to herself, Motoko is very aggressive, like a tomboy, Su is the wild girl who knows very little about how to act, Mitsune is the immature grown woman who spends more than she earns and manipulates, and Naru the ever eager smart girl who never had a boyfriend in her life... also very agressive but very kind once you get to know her. then when you add a man to those personalities, mix them up, and you get the perfect recipe for utter hell. these emotions are really a part of everyday life of which we can relate to. in all honesty, I think we all can look at these characters and say, "wow... that's a little like how I would feel..." I know I have.
    The Sins of my Past will Drive my journey to my Purity in the future...
    I am on a long journey to redeem myself of Bad Rep...

It's Humbling yet pathetic...

Even if it's a small step, it's still progress, no matter how you look at it.

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Anime has never shown a Full part of life to me. I would really hate it if life would be like some anime i've seen.

Like Ranma 1/2, for example: The characters NEVER evolve; they are always just as stupid, helpless in love, bad in cooking, perverted, unloved, cocky and STUUUPID!!! Nothing ever, ever, ever changes!!! They never Learn! They never Leeearn!! They're always Morons. They keep living in circles. Jeeezus Juice, immagine what would the world be like if ppl never wanted to stop being stupid.

Every characters i saw in Anime, even some wich i liked/admired a lot, always had defects. They never were the ideal example for someone to act.
    These "Electro-Magic/Retro-Dimesional/Ancient-Future/Robo-Love"-ic Anime have less to teach about life or people.

If you want something to learn about life, watch.... GTO.... Boogiepop Phantom, City Hunter, Dear Borther, Lady Oscar.... ummmm... Goldenboy or just watch a good movie (ie: Eyes Wide Shut).

Kurama's Almighty Filix Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix has a reputation beyond repute Lilium Filix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2007 01:10 PM
    Threads

Hm, I believe some anime is based on real life.
    However most of it is based on myths, legends, and religion.
    Though some are a little more futuristic some, of the anime is actually realistic.
    Take Chobits for example:

It is possible to have robots like that in real life.
    However that won't be happening for another 50 years or more.
    For example like in Japan and China, those two conuntries are against eachother in buliding the more superior robot.
    Japan's robot is able to run and climb the stairs and such.
    While China's robot has facial features.

Nonetheless most anime is fiction and fantasy and cannot be based on from real life.

~Angel has spoken~
    ~AEK~

Nyech was here ♥ ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2009 11:18 PM
    Threads

I guess anime can teach you about life.
    Childhood Dreams are..Doodles that will never go away.
    If they can continue to be drawn..they will lead to the future you wish for.
    "Shadows are without form....thus without weakness..."

The Enforcer of the Shadow Fangs...
    [Dawnrune:Siggy Warrior5theElement:Avatar]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Anime is like a book. Some books are fictional and some are facts.

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos_Hell_Angel
    From time to time Anime has been fictional as with stories that people thought of, or games that spuned off to anime, ect. Now If pay attention to alot of Anime now it's becoming more based on real life. If you think, there is alot of Anime that has real facts pulled from real life, as much as it may seem weird and futuristic all the time. Think ANGEL SANCTUARY, that is based loosely around the bible and revalations. Or Princess Mononoke: about how humans used to be able to communicate with animals and nature like Adam and Eve. Watching anime lately I notice you can learn alot about life through Anime. So what is your opinion on this matter? Do you think Anime can teach us about life or is it all just fictional?
    It's both man. Some anime is historical fiction and some other things also that I can't think of at the moment. That isn't really a question. You can say the same thing about books. Some are fiction and some have added fact.

Senior Member Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien is infamous around these parts Srien's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2008 09:05 AM
    Threads

I chose real life.

Flame gal Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2007 07:35 PM
    Threads

It can teach us how to get along with the people you don't really like
    and help us not give up on hope. It can help use on servival skills

Closed Thread

Thread Information