AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Everquest or World of Warcraft?

Member Spike13 is on a distinguished road Spike13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2006 11:49 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    I'm the hidden prize in a cereal box.NO REFUNDS!
    Threads

Default Everquest or World of Warcraft?

Which popular game do you like better?

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Neither they're both as worse as each other but if I had to choose then anything but World of Warcraft, which means Everquest in this case. <3
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Judging from the following, I have made a solid decision.

• Sony Online Entertainment is known for terrible customer treatment. In SWG, they teleported people into space for no good reason... They banned folks for a name they didn't like (It was "Boourns").. They nurfed every class before they fixed the ones that were still broken.
    • Blizzard is known for being exceptional with their stories and gameplay. Everyone loved Diablo and Starcraft. There was always a great deal of not only serious story, but humor as well. I think that's a huge plus for Blizzard.
    • The art in EQ2 is not bad, but overall, I think Gabe of Penny Arcade described it best:
      Quote Originally Posted by Penny Arcade

I figured since it was free I’d give EQ II a shot yesterday. Tycho’s right about my take on the game. I found it nearly impossible to get past the visuals. The entire game looks like it was made using Poser and Bryce 3D. Actually some of that Poser art looks better than the [art] I saw in EQ. It feels like it was all put together by computers and algorithms rather than artists. It is a world designed by math rather than imagination. There is no evidence of style in any of the characters or environments I saw. We were all talking about the game yesterday and the best word we could come up with to describe it was “sterile”. It is completely without life. There is no love or care given to any piece of it. The entire thing was made by robots in a vacuum.

I know there must be artists working at SOE. The only thing I can think of is that they are simply cogs in some corporate machine. They must be given no freedom at all. In fact after looking at the game I wouldn’t be surprised if they are beaten daily. Their spirits have been broken. The troll models specifically may even be some kind of internal attempt to destroy the game and strike a blow against their corporate masters.
    So with all that, I say WoW is much better. And 5 million other people seem to agree with me.
    Last edited by Regex; 03-09-2006 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Language

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, the original EQ trillogy I remember being too addicted to to think about anything else for about the first year or so of playing. Then they added too many expansions, gave people godly equipment, and of course my age old problem of making friends made the game impossible for me to do anything with. But even so I remember it to be more fun than WoW is.

SOE's customer service isn't that bad. I've called them several times and always got courtious help, granted the GM's weren't always as friendly, but I wouldn't expect ANYONE in customer service to ever be happy about their jobs.

The name thing I've seen go both ways though. I've heard of people with offensive or inapropriate names being forced to change them, and I've known times when they didn't do a thing about it. One example, my old boss used to play EQ, and when they added the AA points and titles, he created a character named "Bator" and never game him a surname. After playing enough and getting enough AA points, he spent only enough to get the title he wanted for that character, "Master" They never made him change it, as far as I know he still plays and still has that character.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bakakame
    SOE's customer service isn't that bad. I've called them several times and always got courtious help, granted the GM's weren't always as friendly, but I wouldn't expect ANYONE in customer service to ever be happy about their jobs.

The name thing I've seen go both ways though. I've heard of people with offensive or inapropriate names being forced to change them, and I've known times when they didn't do a thing about it. One example, my old boss used to play EQ, and when they added the AA points and titles, he created a character named "Bator" and never game him a surname. After playing enough and getting enough AA points, he spent only enough to get the title he wanted for that character, "Master" They never made him change it, as far as I know he still plays and still has that character.
    The Blizzard GM's have always been very helpful to me. They actually acted like they sincerely love their jobs. (and they get into character a bit) As for "Boourns" is not an inappropriate name, and you certainly shouldn't get banned for an inappropriate name. I report inappropriate names as I see them, and each time, I've seen the name get changed. Your friend probably didn't get his name changed because nobody found it offensive enough to report it. I can't imagine anyone finding "Boourns" offensive at all.

Altogether, WoW has taken all the flaws and complaints from other MMO's, and solved those problems. Then they added their own great storyline, along with thousands of incredibly well written quests.. It's a great way to make a game.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Senior Member CrazedInuyashafan12 will become famous soon enough CrazedInuyashafan12's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2006 08:06 PM
    Threads

i would say World of Warcaft
    Friends: battlecherry, lord_sesshomaru_15, giantevilbunnie,

http://progamerzxl.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name
    The Blizzard GM's have always been very helpful to me. They actually acted like they sincerely love their jobs. (and they get into character a bit) As for "Boourns" is not an inappropriate name, and you certainly shouldn't get banned for an inappropriate name. I report inappropriate names as I see them, and each time, I've seen the name get changed. Your friend probably didn't get his name changed because nobody found it offensive enough to report it. I can't imagine anyone finding "Boourns" offensive at all.

Altogether, WoW has taken all the flaws and complaints from other MMO's, and solved those problems. Then they added their own great storyline, along with thousands of incredibly well written quests.. It's a great way to make a game.
    Give the Blizzard guys a while, EQ GM's were fun people at first to, then after some expansions and constant complaining from the players, they got to be bitter.

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

I lik WOWC most of all.....^-^

Closed Thread

Thread Information