AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Next Wallpaper Set (Darkstalkers?) part B

TANSTAAFL elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2007 10:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Next Wallpaper Set (Darkstalkers?) part B

Hi,

here is my next try at a dual monitor wallpaper set.

I am not totally content how these turned out, but I can't put my finger on what is wrong or lacking.

Any suggestions?

P.S.: The second wallpaper is in my other thread.

Have fun,

elfenstein.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wps_2006_02_003 Kopie.jpg‎
Views:	368
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	9353  

Senior Member The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2023 06:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Once again, I see nothing out of place. Actually quite the opposite. It has a great level of definition. The female is well defined and has an almost real look to her.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Wizard of Darkness kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa has a spectacular aura about kuroimisa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2006 05:53 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The extraction is done pretty well, except on the hand on the left of the page there's still some white in between her fingers.

I would strongly suggesting downloading a few sets of fonts, because at the moment it's a bit default. I'd also move the title "Nighttime visitor" a bit closer to the character so that your point of focus remains in the one spot. At the moment there are 3 focal points, and it's best you kept it to one (close to the girl) to tie the composition up a little more

Can't really suggest too much, but I just like to keep my work consistent and would like to point out that the night sky at the top, and (it looks sunny) daytime building at the back are a bit mismatched. I'd probably theme the whole wallpaper to a dark colour if you intend to call it "Nighttime visitor"

There's nothing else I can really think of- maybe some brushes? Lol ~ hope that has helped somewhat
    Cool ! Got third place XD

Squiglyspooch! Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 07:26 PM
    Threads

Ack! Extraction! There's chunks and jagged edges. Try and clean up the purple around her head wings, the white in her fingers, and smooth the jaggedness on the hip. Also, ya, find some new fontage, that'll add some niftyness to it.
    Not bad.

/
    /
    Wanna know what goes on in my head? Check out my arts, yo:
    /

TANSTAAFL elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein has a reputation beyond repute elfenstein's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2007 10:41 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Hi everyone.

First, thanks for all the feedback.

The sunny background is indeed what makes the wp a little bit weird. I played a bit around with color, saturation and brightness. (Though I didn't produce anything worth posting) A dark blue with a tendency to black works actually quite well.
    Sadly it totally messes up the interplay with the other wallpaper I intended to go on my second monitor. In that picture the white background works quite well, at least in my opinion.

The position of the text is probably a matter of taste. I tried to change it but it didn't quite work out for me.

No excuse for the jaggedness in all my posted wallpapers. I think I need to put a bit more attention to this in my next work.

But I don't know what everyone has with the font. I actually like its simplicity, especially since it's not intended that it should to draw much attention.
    But that's worth a try anyway. Do you know any good site where I can find a variety of usable fonts?

And on a sidenote: do you think the wallpaper is to cluttered? I think that I maybe overdid it a bit with the patterns, text and so on.

Cya,

Elfenstein.

Senior Member NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate has a reputation beyond repute NecroGate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 09:09 PM
    Threads

nice ... umm do u hav anyother more of darkstalker wall paper i would like to see morgan she is kool hot looking and her

Thank you Nespa So much!!!

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Hm, lets see ... 1st of all, the char is floating in the air ...
    Lets see ... keep the top font of the text "nighttime visitor", but change the other one .... go with something more tech or gothic (depends on what part of the wall you want to expose ... if the bg, go with goth, if the "layout", go with tech) ... gothic font will aslo need some bg remodeling >_>

That's all i can suggest

Closed Thread

Thread Information