AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what is your view on hunting?

o_0 life is random. juji-san can only hope to improve juji-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 01:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up what is your view on hunting?

here in england, we have disgusting things like fox hunting and pheasant shooting, and they call it SPORT?!? i find it extremely disgusting and pointless. would you like it if a fox got a rifle and started hunting you? (i know its logically impossible, but its the principle thats involved which i am trying to express)

whats your opinion??

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

i'm not for hunting unless it's in a video game but if it's to keep the population under control...wel than i say i depends on the species.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

i cant do cartwheels poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 03:59 PM
    Threads

hunting is bad unless you really need to because say youre in an obscure tribe in the amazon and you cant really get to the supermarket
    samurai deeper kyo!!!

i love it so much!

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

OK, if it's hunting for population control, it's something that has to be done, no getting around it. But I can't stand it when rednecks and white trash go out and shoot living things for FUN. It just doesn't make any sense, especially when all of their policies revolve around "sanctity of life". So damn hypocritical.

Plus, I don't see how you can get pleasure out of killing a living thing. They must just push the thought to the back of their minds.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Diabolus, the Archvile Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord has much to be proud of Dark Lord's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2011 12:47 PM
    Threads

Why does it matter if you hunt. I beleive you should eat what you kill though. But Im not agreeing with you. IT doesnt make you any better to only eat animals that have been bludgeoned to death by someone else.

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I say hunting's alright. I live in Texas. You can't tell me not to hung. So go ahead and hunt. People who don't like hunting are whiny enviro's who complain but never get around to fixing the problem. Our Constitution gives us the right to bear arms. What else are you supposed to do with those arms?

p.s. call me a redneck and you might as well tell me your next of kin.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 02-18-2006 at 10:40 AM.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Train of thought En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2006 09:33 AM
    Threads

As the vegetarian hippie I am, I have no problems with hunting. If you ask me, it's way cooler to go out in the woods, shoot some animal and eat it afterwards, than just going to the store to buy the new chicken mincemeat.

As a sport I have some issues with it, killing just to kill is pretty lame. And England needs to stop that fox hunting thing, because seriously, that stuff ain't funny. I don't care if it's tradition, a social thing, a needed hobby for rich people in weird clothes, it's whack, and they need to stop it.

So I guess as long as you don't exterminate the animals, or leave them rotting, it's all right.

i cant do cartwheels poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 03:59 PM
    Threads

it is only rich idiots who fox hunt
    but unfortunately rich idiots tend to be influential with all that money and the way they always think theyre right
    samurai deeper kyo!!!

i love it so much!

Digital Artist Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pvt Jolt

if its hunting for food, i dont mind. if its hunting for sport and trophies, its beond cruel!!!!!
    signature by Saphire.
    Family is in my journal, PM if you wanna join.

Please join my site. Go to my profile to view webpage.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I don't agree with hunting being a sport, but I can understand its purposes for population control. What bothers me is when (as Katrina_Survivor2 put it) white trash red necks go out to kill for fun or something like that. I can understand hunting if that is how you are going to get your food, although here in the U.S., there is no need for that considering all of the stores at which food can be bought.
    I am a big fan of fire arms, and I plan on getting my license once I am of age, although purely for collective purposes. The idea of hunting animals for sport is a rather ignorant thought. There is also a shooting range near my house which I am thinking about joining, as my friend's father is the owner. I have a strange respect for weaponry.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

I agree. I am a savage. Hunting for food and population control is what i have in mind. England societys will just have to uptake dish shooting(those throwing disks).
    I have my tastes for weaponry as well. In fact, i would like to practice some "human hunting" if i'd have the occasion.
    Last edited by Dr.McDoom!; 02-18-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Senior Member philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2007 10:24 PM
    Threads

murder to me
    ...My Animeforum Family:
    Friend: xieshunnuan
    Friend: xiaxtuxning
    Brother: blackfuse81

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

OK, i live in Colorado where hunting is real popular, and whenever i talk about my dislike of the 'sport' i get shot down pretty quick.

I cant argue with people who hunt because they really do like the taste of the meat, to me that seems like the best reason...BUT have you ever watched those hunting shows? OMG its so freakn ridiculous. You have two guys hiding in the bushes with their scent covered up, in camo and thier guns and you hear them talking about how beautiful that Buck is, and then they freakn SHOOT IT.
    then they get all excited "OMG I JUST PULLED MY TRIGGER AND DOWN IT WENT"
    then once they come find the dead animal they hold up its pretty dead head and say crap like "what a prize, cant believe it" yeah they praise themselves for hiding like abunch of cowards and then being able to point a gun at some wonderful living thing and killing it. There are actual people at my school that call hunting "getting in touch with nature" .....i would suggest maybe a hike, or taking some pictures rather then killing. but whatever

also i loathe people who kill animals for fun. I wont get into that though.
    A MaruDashi Creation

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey, if people hadn't hunted deer and other animals, we would have no real movement to protect them. So shut up. You'd rather have these people turning guns on other people? If you wouldn't, shut up. This is how some people vent.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

grabbed the Devil's nuts. Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom! has a reputation beyond repute Dr.McDoom!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2006 11:46 AM
    Threads

Did anyone tase wild hare meat on BBQ? Mmmm, chewy! I did only once in my life (mmm, chewy!). There were no bullet holes in it, so it wasn't even shot(wich makes it almost impossible to catch). I definitely woudn't like Led in my meat.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Well in Australia, Kangaroo hunting is very common. I know most of your are thinking “Oh my god how can the barbaric Australians shoot Kangaroos?” But I’ll tell you something. Kangaroos are actually pests. Their populations fluctuate very rapidly and can cause all sorts of harm to the habitat, not to mention hitting one on the road can do very serious damage to a car.

I remember being in a car with a friend driving back to University from Sydney, and we hit a Kangaroo outside of Lithgow. The car was nearly completely written off. We managed to get home safely, when we finally checked the damage, half the front of the car was virtually gone.

Hunting has its place for population control and to get fresh meat. But unfortunately I am against traditional fox hunting since half the time, rather than shooting the foxes, the rich Englishmen apparently let the dogs maul the fox to death.

I Rule You Jackk has a spectacular aura about Jackk has a spectacular aura about Jackk has a spectacular aura about Jackk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2006 10:24 PM
    Threads

Hunting, is just a way for crazy rednecks to pass time. I personally don't believe in it, if its not for food, what good is hunting. Take up another sport, why do people have to enjoy themselves by killing other things?
    Sig made by Masali

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by En Svensk Tiger
    As the vegetarian hippie I am, I have no problems with hunting. If you ask me, it's way cooler to go out in the woods, shoot some animal and eat it afterwards, than just going to the store to buy the new chicken mincemeat.

As a sport I have some issues with it, killing just to kill is pretty lame. And England needs to stop that fox hunting thing, because seriously, that stuff ain't funny. I don't care if it's tradition, a social thing, a needed hobby for rich people in weird clothes, it's whack, and they need to stop it.

So I guess as long as you don't exterminate the animals, or leave them rotting, it's all right.
    I have to agree, but I prefer to see it done on the animal's terms. Killing animals with superior equipment is just pointless.In Sweden it's pretty common to hunt animals like bears from helicopters. HELICOPTERS! They don't stand a chance! What's next? Mortars? Cruise missiles? Lasers from space?

Either mount a battery of laser-tracking surface-to-air missiles on their backs, or go hand-to-hand with them I say.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    Hey, if people hadn't hunted deer and other animals, we would have no real movement to protect them. So shut up. You'd rather have these people turning guns on other people? If you wouldn't, shut up. This is how some people vent.
    I'm not going to thank people for shooting animals because I now have a reason to protect them, thats just stupid.

Also, if people feel they have to turn guns on eachother, just because they cant shoot an animal, then they belong in jail. AND killing an animal for "venting" purposes is selfish and wrong.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

What else are you supposed to do with those arms?
    Wow, what a remarkably childish way of looking at things.

Honestly hunting is fine by me, if you want to go kill and gut your own dinner by my guest. And as far as sport hunting goes, I'm aslo fine with that. Whatever gets you through the day and not aiming at people like the raging sociopath you truly are is ok with me.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    People who don't like hunting are whiny enviro's who complain but never get around to fixing the problem.
    How do you suggest they "fix" it?

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Here to Alienize! Alien Sinn is a jewel in the rough Alien Sinn is a jewel in the rough Alien Sinn is a jewel in the rough Alien Sinn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2006 04:43 PM
    Threads

You either love it or hate it. I love it. Live with it.

Silent Shout retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro has a reputation beyond repute retro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2017 02:04 PM
    Threads

One arrest since the law came into effect. Have you read that law in detail? obvisly not my friend, it has to be one of the worst writen laws in modern age.

Have you ever read a newspaper or ever watched the News at all ? well I gather not, from this thread, stop watching Naruto. A fox is some nice simple peachfull creature...no... its a killer & should be hunted by a pack of 20 odd hounds, they should rip them to shreads.

Another pointless thread, oh how i love blood sports

Banned Forum / Chat Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death is just really nice Prophet of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2006 07:18 PM
    Threads

I agree with retro. We should eliminate foxes from the earth!

Digital Artist Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pvt Jolt

Quote Originally Posted by Meaning in Tragedy
    I agree with retro. We should eliminate foxes from the earth!
    Thats unbelievably cruel!!!!
    signature by Saphire.
    Family is in my journal, PM if you wanna join.

Please join my site. Go to my profile to view webpage.

Closed Thread

Thread Information