AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Site has been messing up.

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default The Site has been messing up.

Af has been messing up alot for the last 2 weeks or so, myself and other members i have talked to have had af go down many times.I wanna know if there is some problem with af lately?Or has my computor and other members computors, been screwing up or something?Please Give me some answers on this, I am getting very angry with it happening all the time.
    -TWM-

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

Actually, we've been transitioning between a new web server. Here's the timescale of the past events leading up to today that should put an end to all questions of, "The hell is wrong with the sites?"

November 2005: We received a DOS attack which caused damage to our old server, Chii, operating system. Initial damage was minimal at best.
    January 2006: By this point, the operating system damage had turned into severe corruption causing high load, lots of lag, and more downtime.
    March 2006: We purchased our new web server and began planning for the movement to it.
    March 28, 2006: We moved animeforum.com to the new web server.
    March 29, 2006: We moved animegalleries.net to the new web server.
    March 30, 2006: New server needed a RAM upgrade to 4GB. While we still had only 2GB of RAM, the new server started crashing frequently due to overload.
    April 3, 2006: New RAM in. New server is stable.

The recent downtime should now be done for. It was heavy these past two weeks due to us moving to the new web server as well as this RAM issue. Ever since adding more RAM, the new server has been perfectly stable.

I hope this answers your questions!
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Also, just a comment: I can't see how you have any reason to be angry with us. We provide you with a free service and yet we spend a lot of money to do this. The least you can be is understanding and respectful for the time and money everyone involved has given to the sites.

Just a thought.
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was not mad at you guys, I mean't that I am getting mad at the site messing up and I did not mean that against the poeple behind the website.You and the other admins i have nothing against, I am sorry if that came off wrong somehow.And thank you for answering the question about the site being down.
    -TWM-

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nah. It was still good to point out as many other people DO get mad at us for it. So really, that applies to anyone and everyone.
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I have problems with the page loading due to some error with firefox. It is a issue they know about that happens when trying to load many sites. Could this be happening to you?

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What error is that? How often?
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

The Alchemic Sin Silver Bullet Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Silver Bullet Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Silver Bullet Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 06:09 PM
    I'm a drifter...I go where my interests carry me...
    Threads

ok this might seem like a REALLY stupid thing to ask but...about the Skd java download (for the Chat)...where the hell is it i can't find it? ;_;

~For all crimes against humanity.~

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

... there are plenty of threads saying where to get it. Don't get off topic.

http://java.sun.com you want the J2SE 1.5 update 6.
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Kitsune-sempai Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:53 PM
    In Fangirl Inc. (They wont let me leave!!!)
    Threads

i was wondering wen Chii will be up?

~*Set By Me*~
    ~*Requests are open!*~
    ~*Check out my meager site! Kawaii Fetish Designs*~

Anime Forum's Resident Harry Potter Fan

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Chii will be fixed when it get's fixed.

But yeah, I have load errors every once in awhile too, like when I was trying to load the chat logs and stuff.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*sigh* Forget this. That's two off-topic replies.

This thread is closed.
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Closed Thread

Thread Information