AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Do you want to, or have you left home for collage?

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Do you want to, or have you left home for collage?

I know that there is a thread about collage, but I didn't feel like this question really fit into it.

If you're in high school, do you want to go away for collage? Where do you want to go? What school do you want to go to for collage? If you're already in or have gone to collage, did you leave home to go to collage? Where do/did you go to and what school do/did you go to? If you're in junior high, it's just flat out to early to be thinking about it lol.

For me, it's still a bit far off, but I don't want to leave town for collage. Here's why:
    1. I love my home town New Orleans soooooooooooo much. I really want to keep living there.
    2. I am already pretty well traveled, even though I'm so young. I'm the kind of person who wants to go everywhere, but always come back to a farmiliar place.
    3. The college I want to go to is in New Orleans.
    4. I feel like I should keep living in New Orleans and try my hardest to help get things back together, out of a sense of loyalty.

I want to go to Tulane University. I wasn't really interested in Ivy Leage schools, but recently some money was left to me by my deceaced grandfather. It's not a fortune, but it's enough to go to whatever collage I need to go to. So, I'll probably take a look at some Ivy Leage schools. Even though I can pay, I hope like hell that I get a scholarship lol.

Anyway, have fun answering. And sorry if this fits in anywhere else.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Digital Artist Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox is a glorious beacon of light Kurama_the_spirit_fox's Avatar
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pvt Jolt

ive only got 3 years till then. i say 3 years cause i plan on taking a year vacation from school. but yea. i plan on going to an arts university cause i wanna be a fantacy painter.

im a sophmore so ill be out of school in 2 years not counting whats left of this one.
    Last edited by Kurama_the_spirit_fox; 01-11-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    signature by Saphire.
    Family is in my journal, PM if you wanna join.

Please join my site. Go to my profile to view webpage.

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, but I have to wait for 2 more years and after I learn to drive. ^_^ I'm just a sophomore in high school.
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

water demon from hell water_Demon_girl has a spectacular aura about water_Demon_girl has a spectacular aura about water_Demon_girl has a spectacular aura about water_Demon_girl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2006 02:13 PM
    Threads

I really want to go to collage. If not I will not be able to get the career that I want.

want to be in my fanimy pm me thanx

water_Demon_boy...my awsome cool boyfriend I love you
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him rule the world. If not die a slow painful death.
    Bounty Hunter Krew member occupation: assassin.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I really don't like the idea of staying in a dorm. So.. I'd really rather live at home. That's if I go to a college that's close enough. I haven't really thought about any colleges I die-heartedly wanted to go to, but I'm only a Freshman. I've got a while to think.

I want to do something in the Sports Medicine field. Whether it be a doctor or chiropractor or physical therapist/massage therapist, I'm pretty positive that's where I want to be. Although I'd really like to be a doctor, I don't know if I could tough it out long enough in school.

But, the local colleges around here I don't really like. So I don't think I'll be going to any of those. But.. you never know.

Twilight Sunset «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†»'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

O_O wow lvl: 153 Posts 8,492 and counting *drools* lol j/k
    Any way Collage huh if I go to collage it would be to get a business degree so I can take over my fathers restaurant and gas station in Greece an American Degree there is like a masters here but uh till then i’m stuck here =/

PS: Oops almost forgot i'm a Junior...
    Awsome Siggy By sadie

I Would Like to start a family please pm me if you are interested ^^

I Finaly Started my Journal xD check it out i'll post stuff daily ^^

Break it
    I Would Never Sugest Any Thing Like This.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I am a Junior in High School, so 2 years from now, I will (most likely) be in college.
    I plan to attend The University of Massachusetts in Lowell. I have a full scholarship to any Mass-State University(UMass Dartmouth, UMass Lowell, UMass Boston, UMass Amherst, Bridgewater College, and a few others). I want to major in Nuclear Engineering, and since UMass Lowell has a nuclear facility on campus, I have chosen to go there. They also offer several other classes I would like to take. I also know many people who attend UMass Lowell, and who are planning to attend. I plan on staying in a dorm, but returning home often, as Lowell is only about an hour drive from where I live currently. I definatly have the grades to get in, but I have yet to take the SAT in High School. I have confidence that I will be accepted.

Housing:
    -I do plan on staying in a dorm.
    -Freshman year I am required to have a roommate, but I already know many people on the campus, and others who plan to attend.
    - After Freshman year, roommates are optional, but I will most likely room with a friend.
    -UMass Lowell is about one hour away from where I currently live(Brockton).

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

I have thought about that before, and now im very sure that i wanna move away for my collage life. I want to go back to my hometown Tokyo to study art in Tokyo Animation University, and i will lieave there independently cos i have a workroom there, and my relatives will take care of me. My relatives have already decided to take me.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Unfortunitally, yes I'm currently in COLLEGE. I left home for it at first, but it was too expensive to maintain and the classes were a joke. I'm back home now, and still stuck going to college.

In all honesty, the last, and I mean absolute LAST thing I wanted to do after high school was go to college, but none of my other plans were attainable (so far anyway) so I'm stuck going to college to get a future I know I'm going to hate...

It's probably just me. I know almost everyone in high school want's to go to college and get good paying white collar jobs... but that's just to freakin boring for me.

My sister is currently a university student, and one of my cousins graduated from Ohio State 2 years ago. Plus one of my other cousins are already accepted to go to University of Richmond. Other than that the only people in my family who went through anything higher than community college were my dad (Graduated from Penn State) and I think my Grandfather did, but I never asked him... He did teach highschool math, so I'd assume....

Well, that was a bunch about my life noone really cares to read... o well.

Marine Corps for me!! Just as soon as I can convince them to let me join....
    Last edited by bakakame; 01-14-2006 at 03:26 AM.

Senior Member *Kedar* has a spectacular aura about *Kedar* has a spectacular aura about *Kedar*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2006 02:20 PM
    Threads

I definitely would love to go to college. As for the major, I am planning on becoming a doctor, which is my childhood dream, and help al the people that I can with my knowledge. In addition, I am a Monk, too. Currently, I am studying theology at the Temple. It is awesome.

I want to be a Badass Warrior Monk Doctor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    I have thought about that before, and now im very sure that i wanna move away for my collage life. I want to go back to my hometown Tokyo to study art in Tokyo Animation University, and i will lieave there independently cos i have a workroom there, and my relatives will take care of me. My relatives have already decided to take me.
    Wow! Tokyo is your hometown!!! I went to school in Kyoto.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

I'm a senior in high school, and its so weird to think that i will be moved out and in collEge this fall! I'm so not ready to grow up. lol
    I Dont want to spend my money on dumb things like utilities, insurence, and all that other junk, i want to buy video games and Anime.....
    in general, i think growing up is a pain, and i'm not rushing into it thats for sure.
    All the people i know are excited about college, and i guess i am a bit, but i'm mostly nervous.
    A MaruDashi Creation

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

College isnt so bad. New friends, drugs, and the occasional party. Its just a school for mature people looking for a better life. Thats my take on it anyway.

Quit high school in the 10th and got a job, own place, and a GED. Sucked so here I am back in school with a bunch of pot heads and dope fiends. Class is a bore but its not hard and there are some realy interesting people to meet.

the only thing is i'll be paying off loans the rest of my life

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

Yes, I did leave home for college. Although I could have remained with my parents. It changes a great deal about parents/children relationships one you don't leave with them anymore. And about yourself too. It's great, once you got the money and maturity for it.

I currently live in an apartment with three other friends and it's pretty nice. Yes, more party. But to one point you must decide what's more important between buying beer or food. It's not that much of a change if you're already able to take care of yourself. If so, it's really a nice experience.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Member geronimo will become famous soon enough geronimo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2006 05:43 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb Sup Justin

I am definatly leaving my home after hi skool. It sux in New Orleans or at least wer i live. There is nothing to do at my age except have stupid dramatic experiences w girls and such. I really hate everything to do w this hometown of mine. Im 14 and cant wait to leave this horrible place. I also wanna get away from my father, an ignorant .... im not aloud to say. I also would like to become free and get away from this crazy and horrible life i lead. I also think that i would do better on my own depending on my self and not others.

Im a very independant person and hate to get in the way of things. I also believe that every1 should leave their "hearthe" for a few months at the very least at 1 point in their lives.
    "Live every day like ur gonna die cuz ur gonna!"

Junior Member Freohr is on a distinguished road Freohr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2006 04:41 AM
    Threads

been there done that... it was a peice of cake...

Junior Member Jadeus is on a distinguished road Jadeus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2006 02:38 PM
    Threads

I'm currently attending a university in my city. I did it so I wouldn't have to leave home and I'm happy with my decision. It has allowed me to save up money, and take my time with finishing my degree. I have heard, however, that if you plan to do a masters degree that it is best to look around. The first degree isn't as important so it doesn't really matter where you get it from. Since a masters degree is more detailed, you'll want to go somewhere that's probably not near where you live. *shrugs* Just a guess...
    meow...

Underground Ninja Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina has a reputation beyond repute Kurumirina's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2015 12:31 PM
    Threads

well as for me...I'm just waiting for my results to go to collenge...but I have to go to the army and serve first....after that then I will be able to college...... so that means I have to wait for 3 months at home...though I can get a job..but I'm a little lazy...-_-"..so I'm pretty much stuck at home for 3 months...then army for me...+___+...collenge...so near yet so far...
    Last edited by Kurumirina; 01-14-2006 at 06:09 AM.

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kurumirina
    well as for me...I'm just waiting for my results to go to collenge...but I have to go to the army and serve first....after that then I will be able to college...... so that means I have to wait for 3 months at home...though I can get a job..but I'm a little lazy...-_-"..so I'm pretty much stuck at home for 3 months...then army for me...+___+...collenge...so near yet so far...
    Heh, you've got about the exact opposite problem that I have there.

I've been trying to join the military for about 2.5 years now. I'm stuck going to college in the meantime.

Miyuki's nee-chan yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san is infamous around these parts yuki-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2006 06:01 PM
    Threads

I'm right now in college, and I did leave home a lot of time because of school.
    Anyways, I just got back home after my exam in the last 3 days.

*~beautiful Killer~* animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe has a reputation beyond repute animeglobe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2006 06:57 PM
    Threads

well i do want to go away...but i want to go to school where the best band. i love to be in a band in college..going out on the field in are slick uniforms and playin some awesome songs...man i can't wait but i have a long time to choose because i'm only a freshman..but i'm thinking of going to bethune cookman universty..they have one of the best bands ever...but i would go to tokyo university but i don't know ...i probably will go there..but they don't have a marching..oh well only time will tell.
    My Luvies

-|J.A.G|-|Gan|-|Prime|-|Damon R|-|Rina|-|Trinity|-
    -|CFA|-|wolfy|-|tehanimefreak101|-| I{/heart}you|-
    my best bff in the world wolfwood
    Do you really like me as you say you do
    Awesome set by CFA
    Primes official Stalkers <333

Closed Thread

Thread Information