AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: your name!

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default your name!

recently, i got really curious as to what my familly name meant, so i decided to ask my grandfather if he had any insight... after the painfully long rant, i finally got my answer... only to realise how dirty it sounded...

so i thought that you guys/gals might get a laugh out of this!

well, for starters, my first name (Simon) means "he who is wise"... which is already funny in itself lol

my last name (Cleret de Langavant) is actually 2 names... "Cleret" and "de Langavant". altho i have no idea what the origins of Cleret are... heres the history behind the rest...

because my ancestors were nobles, they had a county... which turns out was a peninsula... now heres where it gets funny... the peninsula was supposedly (ive never been there) in the shape of a toung going forward into the sea... so... the name was originally "langue avant" (langue=toung avant=forward or advance)... which eventually evolved into langavant...

so the rough translation would be "Simon of the advancing toung"... (yes, i know... it sounds BAD)

so i was wondering if the other inhabitants of AF had bizzare familly names we could all chuckle over!
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
    so the rough translation would be "Simon of the advancing toung"... (yes, i know... it sounds BAD)
    Lol, well yeah it does sound pretty bad. But, if I had to think about it, I'd say that 'advancing toung' means that people of that name are good with words. As in, "That Simon had a silver toung," I'm sure it means that they are wordsmiths(it could also have something to do with singing, but I doubt it because it seems to me live it would be 'voice' and not 'toung', but whatever lol).

As for me, My first name means 'that which is just and true' and I don't know what my last name means. I'll look it up and edit it in later, but I'm just to tired right now.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina_Survivor2
    Lol, well yeah it does sound pretty bad. But, if I had to think about it, I'd say that 'advancing toung' means that people of that name are good with words. As in, "That Simon had a silver toung," I'm sure it means that they are wordsmiths(it could also have something to do with singing, but I doubt it because it seems to me live it would be 'voice' and not 'toung', but whatever lol).

As for me, My first name means 'that which is just and true' and I don't know what my last name means. I'll look it up and edit it in later, but I'm just to tired right now.
    hmm... that makes sense

i guess i just have a dirty mind

Member Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth is infamous around these parts Truth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-29-2007 08:34 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
    hmm... that makes sense

i guess i just have a dirty mind
    Yes, yes you do. But it's still very interesting. I have no idea what my names mean. I'll Google them and find out.

Sig by J.A.G.

Sig by Solara

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

I know my first name means "Beloved of Jah".

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Member Crystal~Blaze is on a distinguished road Crystal~Blaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2006 10:21 AM
    Threads

My name is from the Late Latin name Franciscus which meant "Frenchman". Saint Francis of Assisi, the founder of the Franciscan order of friars, was the son of a wealthy merchant who renounced his father's wealth and devoted his life to the poor. Later in his life Francis apparently received the stigmata. Another saint of this name was Saint Francis Xavier, a missionary to eastern Asia. Two other famous bearers were philosopher and scientist Francis Bacon, and explorer and admiral Sir Francis Drake. This name is occasionally used for girls. My Name Is Francis

i have no idea what my last name means..>.<
    Crystal~Blaze

One step forward, two steps back. Yup, basic story of my life.

To avoid confusion, I'm a guy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

update on my first name!

Simon was the original name of the first apostle who was later renamed by jesus as Peter (Peter in french is Pierre which translates to rock. Jesus was "quoted" saying "you shall be named *insert the Herbrew word for rock*, for we need a strong/sturdy foundation upon which to build a church".)

Simon can also mean "obedient" (which, in my case, is as funny as the "he who is wise" :P)

i am the first Simon Cleret de Langavant in the world (was the only 1 until maybe 3-4 years ago)

Mr. Slurpee xD Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2007 12:24 AM
    Threads

my last name means womanizer
    Goddess-Aki~Seductress-Tsuna~Mistress-negi
    Wifeess-missy~Stalkeress-capo~Temptress-DK

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The name I received from my father is German. I know nothing else about it, other than knowing my great-grandfather DID live in Germany before moving to Switzerland for his wife, and eventually packing up themselves and three kids to move to the states.

Hmmm...looked it up. Means "stone." Uh huh. Good stuff.

Now my grandmother's name. That's something. I shan't dare try mutilating the spelling. It's French, meaning "fire hero." You see, my grandmother's ancestors were involved in a terrible fire. One of them valiantly rescused another person, risking their own life. "Fire hero" became the family name.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    The name I received from my father is German. I know nothing else about it, other than knowing my great-grandfather DID live in Germany before moving to Switzerland for his wife, and eventually packing up themselves and three kids to move to the states.

Hmmm...looked it up. Means "stone." Uh huh. Good stuff.

Now my grandmother's name. That's something. I shan't dare try mutilating the spelling. It's French, meaning "fire hero." You see, my grandmother's ancestors were involved in a terrible fire. One of them valiantly rescused another person, risking their own life. "Fire hero" became the family name.
    would it be "pompier" by chance? (pompier is fire fighter)

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

No, it begins with an F... I'll find out the spelling sometime.

Edit: Ah-ha! I must have some side of the family mixed up. It's also a German name. Begins with Feuer, meaning "fire."

That's right...it's the grandmother's mother's side that's French. Her father was also German. Oh silly me.
    Last edited by Fabala; 01-06-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Senior Member *Kedar* has a spectacular aura about *Kedar* has a spectacular aura about *Kedar*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2006 02:20 PM
    Threads

Wow! All of you have wonderful and meaningful names. Awesome. I will describe what my name means as well. My name is Kedar Sagara.

Kedar means giver of joy and happiness. And, Sagara means a divine spirit from the heavens, or ocean of wisdom.

So, it basically means, the one, who dwells in the ocean of wisdom and provide joy and happiness to all. Only The Divine God can do that, not me, of course. But, I do try to may everyone happy.

éX-DRIVER Kajima is on a distinguished road Kajima's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2006 09:23 PM
    Threads

Not thing wrong with that!! really..

Most watch anmie: Shichinin no Nana(7 of 7), Azumanga Daioh,

Squiglyspooch! Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 07:26 PM
    Threads

My name's a boring one: Grauer. Grau being gray, so it's like the american equivalent of Grayer. (which people in this country can't pronounce or spell last names, so that is one of MANY variations of my last name. Can't wait to change it...)

If there's any deeper meaning to it, I dunno, kinda' doubt it.

/
    /
    Wanna know what goes on in my head? Check out my arts, yo:
    /

has been eaten by J.A.G. abercobie will become famous soon enough abercobie will become famous soon enough abercobie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2006 08:48 AM
    Threads

i have o idea what my names meen i'll look it up in google.com
    pm me if u wanna be in in my af family

twin sister: kurama_the_spirit_fox
    big sister: sundavar the illusionist
    lil' sister: inuyasha's angel
    big sister: vendetta
    lil brother: astalle
    nice friend: blueseed
    brother: meisou
    sister: niele_wahine01
    brother: white tiger x
    best friend: jump _for_lucky77
    bestfriend: inuyasha_4ever
    brother: dante_oo10_

( \ / )
    ( 0.o)
    ( > <)

Bunny rules

thanx meisou for making this signature

has been eaten by J.A.G. abercobie will become famous soon enough abercobie will become famous soon enough abercobie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2006 08:48 AM
    Threads

ok i found out what my first mname means, viviana: means living or livley but it won't tell me what my last name means
    pm me if u wanna be in in my af family

twin sister: kurama_the_spirit_fox
    big sister: sundavar the illusionist
    lil' sister: inuyasha's angel
    big sister: vendetta
    lil brother: astalle
    nice friend: blueseed
    brother: meisou
    sister: niele_wahine01
    brother: white tiger x
    best friend: jump _for_lucky77
    bestfriend: inuyasha_4ever
    brother: dante_oo10_

( \ / )
    ( 0.o)
    ( > <)

Bunny rules

thanx meisou for making this signature

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My name is Verkland, which would translate as "Painland".
    I think that's funny ^^
    I live in Switzerland!

Frozen lullaby mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan has a reputation beyond repute mimiruchan's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact Orange Dango Cosmic Heart Compact
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-06-2021 10:37 PM
    Threads

My name is natasha, it's a rebirth name of Anastasia which means resurrection...my name is also another form of saying Natalie...which is sad because that's my sister's name 0.o;; lol

Twilight Sunset «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†»'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

That’s funny... My name is Athanasios Agapitos Dimitrou Kovalsky which is annoyingly long And its translation is mixed Athanasios is actually a saint in the Greek orthodox religion but when cut short to Athanos it means "Ye who brings death to all" kind of like the Grim reaper but only the Greek version. Agapitos means Loved one Dimitrou is just a name with out meaning and Kovalsky I have no idea where it comes from its just there lol Now the explanation on why I have 3 last names. 1 is my Fathers the middle one is my mothers and the last one is my God fathers. Its some kind of tradition my family has had for generations not sure how many though.

*edit* ppl jus call meh tom lol =D oh exept for my friends they like Athanos no idea why.
    Awsome Siggy By sadie

I Would Like to start a family please pm me if you are interested ^^

I Finaly Started my Journal xD check it out i'll post stuff daily ^^

Break it
    I Would Never Sugest Any Thing Like This.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I looked up the meaning and I guess I found this..
    Oh, and my name is Alyssa.
    The name of the alyssum flower is Latin from Greek. Essentially it means "without rabies", from a- "not, without" and -lussa "rabies". The name may be thus be interpreted as "not insane" or "without madness", since rabies causes insanity before it causes death. The flower was given the name because it was reputed to cure rabies in ancient times (this is false, of course).
    O_o. Haha.

No idea what my last name means.

The Prelude of Darkness Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2006 06:59 AM
    Threads

Haha, funny everyone!! Awesome names though^_^ My name's
    Farah and it really means "joy". Pshhh, yea write, that doesnt
    describe me much though 0.0
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~AKA Silverwind3~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siggy made by Rikkiu58505 <33

Mada Mada Dane yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake has much to be proud of yami hatake's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2007 09:36 PM
    Threads

My name Brisa means 'Mist"..that was plain and simple..but I prefer it in japanese "Kiri"..but yami is a nickname so I prefer yami or kiri.-yami
    [Awesome set made by Blackdragon15]
    Are you a fan?------>

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

mhm ... my name - Matej -> Matt -> after the evangelist Matthew
    Božič -> hm ... a dirrect translation would be Christmas .... altho, that's not the source of the surname ... xD

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Taylor:
    English orgin; means "to sew". Derived, of course, from the profession "tailor".
    Alaine:
    If I'm not mistaken, it means "light"; whether this is in reference to weight or shade, I don't know.
    Diaz:
    "Ten" in Spanish.

Taylor Alaine Diaz.
    Sew light ten. No sense there. ^^
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

Hamed Ameri

Hamed means Prayer
    Ameri is from Amer which means order, so i gues its means someone gives order, or commander

Hamed Ameri
    Prayer commander....lol

also Ameri is like American without can.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Closed Thread

Thread Information