AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Get to know the mods!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There was a term for "creative" modding on a forum I lurked on. Moddake. It's a combination of the "Modding" and a word I'm not going to mention. Defiantly not a Pg-13 sort of thing, at any rate.

Examples: Changing the Name of a 13 year old member to something Along the lines of: ATTENTIONDEFICETDISORDERRRRRRR, and the word filter to change his previous name in conversations to the same.

Wordfilter changing Anime to "DERRRRGundam"

Someone who was named "Gavin(the sites owner)'s Girlfriend who was renamed repedidly.

And so on.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 03-27-2006 at 06:33 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2007 10:24 PM
    Threads

wow there are so many mods....how do u become a mod? do ya all have to know each other in real life?

Junior Member The_Edge is an unknown quantity at this point The_Edge's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 05:11 PM
    Threads

How do you get a battle number and password?

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

nationality? And bloodline thingy? how about a picture?
    I believe my nationality is posted in my bio...but as for a picture:

Second from the right. =)

what inspires you to do the hard work that mods do?
    Easy answer: I don't. :P It's not especially hard work, since most of the time I just have to check all the threads that have new posts and make sure those new posts follow forum rules. It's only hard if I don't log in for a long time, and then have a LOT of new posts to catch up on. x_x

What about how you came across this site?
    I joined Tuxedo Mask dot Com almost 4 years ago, I think by randomly typing Sailor Moon names in the address box and adding a .com or .net and seeing what results there were. OR I could have been looking for SM pics. Either way, I hung around the site a bit, then got up the nerve to register. Never left since!

how exactly did you get made staff? (I'd like to know really, curiousity mainly) and also maybe, could you also say one of the highlights of your careers on the site?
    While AF was still new, it was in need of moderators. One of the mods suggested me, since I was already a mod at her forum, and 3 or 4 people agreed that I would make a good mod.

That would probably be my highlight, as well. I was very flattered when I found out. ^^

where do mods come from? can you become one?
    You see, when a man and woman love each other very much, or are at least very bored, they...oh, wait, that's not what you were asking, was it?

Well, mods almost always start out as regular forum or chat members. To become a mod, the admin has to be able to trust you and know that you'll do a good job of looking after your assigned forum.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philmaster628
    wow there are so many mods....how do u become a mod? do ya all have to know each other in real life?
    I've met Aaron in real life. Two former admins, Ashton and Lina Inverse, I've also met in real life.

Orignally said by Whispers: While AF was still new, it was in need of moderators. One of the mods suggested me, since I was already a mod at her forum, and 3 or 4 people agreed that I would make a good mod.

That would probably be my highlight, as well. I was very flattered when I found out. ^^

That mod was me =3
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Little Miss Shinigami ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 04:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MsAeris
    Height: I'm short... 5'2"
    SHORT PEOPLE ROCK! 5'2'' is the perfect height. I'm 5'2'' and 5/8. And I LOVE it! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
    because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
    unable to step out into the sky
    like that fearless flower

- Kubo Title, Bleach, Volume 12

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

Nyech was here ♥ ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2009 11:18 PM
    Threads

Just wondering how do I become a mod or an admin? (either that or can you make me a mod or an admin)
    Childhood Dreams are..Doodles that will never go away.
    If they can continue to be drawn..they will lead to the future you wish for.
    "Shadows are without form....thus without weakness..."

The Enforcer of the Shadow Fangs...
    [Dawnrune:Siggy Warrior5theElement:Avatar]

Der Übel Diktator German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9 has a reputation beyond repute German_Sniper9's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2014 06:08 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: German_Sniper9

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowtheWarWolf
    Just wondering how do I become a mod or an admin? (either that or can you make me a mod or an admin)
    alot of the admins and mods been a member of af for awhile

Little Miss Shinigami ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Troublesome Woman~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 04:01 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowtheWarWolf
    Why don't you read the WHOLE thread if you want that question answered. It's already been asked and answered about 10 times...

We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
    because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
    unable to step out into the sky
    like that fearless flower

- Kubo Title, Bleach, Volume 12

My Fanfiction
    My deviantART

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think I was a member for like 1-2 months..

But I was a member at Tuxedomask for like a year. Or two. I un remember.

Battle God Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos has a reputation beyond repute Apostolos's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2016 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CyrusTheViruSS

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chad
    alot of the admins and mods been a member of af for awhile
    You say that theve been here for a while do you know how long you have tobe on here???
    They didnt ask how long they were here before they became a mod... They ask how to become one... and yes i belive that you have to be here at least three months...or more... and i belelive that it has to do with your level and postion in the site...
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

O_o that doesn't have to do with anything.

I was a member of Tuxedomask for like 2 years, came to animeglobe.com's bbs, was there for a month or two, asked Kaitou if I could moderate a forum, he said yes...

Ta da.

And up until then I was just some kid who posted really bad fanfiction.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I wasn't on AW.com forum that long at all when I was made mod. I was nice and kind, gave good advice, did ok wallpapering... And then we had the vote because we all wanted an active mod. So length of stay doesn't have anything to do with it. There are plenty of people on here that have been members for years and never made a mod.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

Hello,

I would just like to say hello to all the mod

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Ayame_Sohma
    Hello,

I would just like to say hello to all the mod
    hello! *smooch*

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky
    There are plenty of people on here that have been members for years and never made a mod.
    I was a member for a very long time on Tuxy, then AGF before being offered to be a mod. When I first joined I wasn't very active, but I became more active as time went by and I got to know people. LPS was the one who recommended me. *huggles Sissy* I've got 2 forums to run, but intro isn't much of a problem (it's usally people don't know that we have a forum for that which causes problems for the misc. mods) and J-pop, while busy, is usally fairly well behaved. Though I do wish people would run a search before starting new threads on bands.

Of all the mods, I've only met Lance IRL. A lot of others I chat with on a fairly regular basis through IMs and *gasp* postal mail.

I have met and do chat with several other members of the sites. I have even run across members here that turned out to live fairly close by. Though there are others who live all over the country, as well as the world.

As for why I do what I do...this is what I love. I love the site, the people and if I actually made money doing this I would be the happiest person in the world (as would my bank ~_^) I want people to come back to the site. I'm basically a permanent fixture here and the only way I'd leave is upon my death.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan
    I wasn't on AW.com forum that long at all when I was made mod. I was nice and kind, gave good advice, did ok wallpapering... And then we had the vote because we all wanted an active mod. So length of stay doesn't have anything to do with it. There are plenty of people on here that have been members for years and never made a mod.
    That's true. I know a lot of people who've been here as long as the site's been up (even back when it was Tuxedomask and Animeglobe and such). some people in Chat tell me they've been here for 6, maybe 7 years, in chat like fifty hours a day but aren't staff or anything.

Becoming staff isn't about how long you're on it's what you can offer to the site. If you show that you're useful for the site and the staff then stuff like the possibility of becoming a member of staff yourself turns up.

Isn't that right? (please tell me I'm right. otherwise I might very well spork myself for typing all that out and being totally wrong.)
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's pretty much it. Although I dunno how useful I am sometimes. Somedays I don't want to moderate a single thing. But I guess I'm technically not supposed to moderate everyday 24 hours a day.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

When there are openings or a need for a mod, then more are hired. There really isn't a hiring schedule.

Pink is the new Pooky

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the whole time I've been here, we've hired new mods.

...Once.

ONCE!

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

we've hired new mods much more than once O_o Everyone was new at some point. The most likely way to become a mod is to be very active in the forum you like, be helpful, friendly and courteous. Don't post drunk.... *cough cough* If we feel the forum needs a mod, then we will approach you.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

well..i no this is a stupid question but what do the mods really do???

Bazinga. Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice has a reputation beyond repute Wonderwice's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2010 05:10 AM
    Threads

Mods (and Admins) are the ones taking care of the forum, making sure everything is going well, etc.They close spammy posts, answer questions, and so much more...(not sure if I'm 100% right though) Am I right? O_o

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We check threads, answer questions, clean up threads, move threads, edit posts that need that, and so much more. This reminds me, I need to spring clean the forums as well as the house. >_<
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako
    we've hired new mods much more than once O_o Everyone was new at some point. The most likely way to become a mod is to be very active in the forum you like, be helpful, friendly and courteous. Don't post drunk.... *cough cough* If we feel the forum needs a mod, then we will approach you.
    Well yeah, but I meant when we hired a bunch at once.

I have a pretty bad memory though, I think we did it once at Tuxedo too.

Closed Thread

Thread Information