AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Urban Legends

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Urban Legends

Optical Illusions are pictures that we see with our eyes but our brains translate them as something diffrent. One such famous Optical Illusion is that of a woman looking into a vanity mirror, but at a further distance, it is a picture of a skull. Our brains are powerful computers that are capable of translating into what we precieve as reality things that may not exist as they are presented.

Take the following as an example.

Here we see several circles that APPEAR to move. But if you carefully study them, they do not move at all. This picture is not a Gif. It is not animated. Your mind precieves it to be diffrent than what it is. Amazing how the mind works.

Now... for an optical illusion of a diffrent breed. My urban legend. The following account is fake, and I tell this story because I'm curious its effect on people here. feel free to post your reply on your personal results. This is a variation of an age old camp fire story we used to tell to new scouts at summer camp. The story works on simple suggestion. Much like hypnotism. I assure you, to the best of my knowledge, everything described below is made up.

Imagine with me now, if you will a lush plantation house in the heart of Lousianna. The time is mid 1800's. The hussle and bustle of the plantation owners and its workers make for a busy day in the mid afternoon hot sun. Jessica is the plantation owners daughter. She is 10 years of age and stands about four feet five inches tall. She has dark brown hair that falls down to her lower back and hangs lose and bone strait. Her bangs are cut just above her eyebrows, and she has brillient green eyes, like shining emeralds. Jessica was on the way home from her friends house late one summer evening when she heard a fight between some adults. She edged herself quietly along side some tall bushes to get closer to the ruckas. When she carefully looked between the branches she saw the town sherif and the local judge wrestling with a black man. They were trying to tie his hands together and were beating him till he bled while they were doing so. After the man was tied and gagged, they put a rope around his neck and suspened him from a nearby tree branch. He kicked hard as he struggled uselessly against the bonds around his hands and the rope around his neck. His kicks and struggles came longer and longer appart until after a few minutes he hung from that branch dead. The judge slapped the Sherif on the back to congradulate him on a job well done, but their celebration was cut short by little Jessica's shreek of horror! They knew in their hearts that even in the south, murder of an innocent black man would not go well against their good standing names! Something had to be done, and poor Jessica presented the perfect scape goat! They siezed her and bound her by the wrists, the ropes cut into her flesh as they were bound too tight. She was gagged at the mouth with the same gag they used to choke sound from the black mans throat. Togehter, they took heavy branches from the tree that had fallen off dead, and beat her with them. Brusing her body, breaking several of her ribs, and causing her to bleed horribly from the cuts left by the jagged bark of the branches. The Sherif used his knife to gouge out her eye balls, leaving two black void sockets in her skull. She screamed in pain but no one heard her. No one came to her. Slowly the life was choked from her as the judge wrapped a strip of cloth around her throat until she died.
    The Sherif was honored as a hero for catching the evil blackman in the act of murdering the young and beautiful jessica, The Judge was never thought of badly for exicuting the criminal on the spot, and the memory of poor Jessica slowly faded from the minds of the public as time went on.

They say.... to this day Jessica is still upset over the injustice done to her that fateful night. They say that if you enter your room at night, JUST before you go to bed, with the lights out and facing your closet, and you call her name out 5 times, she will come to you in the night while you sleep, and look at you with her void, eye less stare at night to remind you of what she went through. And if you are decent of the judge or the sherif, then they say she will kill you in the same way she was killed. Coldly, ruthlessly, and effeciently. She has appeared to some in a dream, others in their mirrors, while the unlucky awake to have her staring at them from the very end of their own beds!

Try this if you dare... and let me know if afterwords you believe in her story!

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey, that picture is messed up.
    -TWM-

Senior Member mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22 is just really nice mokulen22's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2006 07:05 PM
    Threads

I'm confused..the the title said Urban Legends...not optical illusions...

P.S. the picture doesn't work
    #1 reason for Kage Bunshin no Jitsu: To clean Moku's house

Pocky muncher #1 ^_^ Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1 is infamous around these parts Chi#1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2008 10:09 PM
    Lost on Cloud 9* yes the one with the silver lining*
    Threads

mmm...scary story....but messed up pic and wrong topic...but hey since we're telllin scary stories here....here's somethin i wanna find out...One day in *jamaica* i was over my friends house and were weere tellin scary stories *but it was in the evening, we were just too anxious to wait until night came* But anyways after the we told scary stories i went into the kitchen to help cook diner, so i was trying to light teh gas stove but everytime i tried the match went out...as soon as i got near to the flame teh match would go out...i tries to light it 5 times but it was no use *earlier she was tellin me off a scary story involving a match taht wouldn't light* So i called her and told her to light it and that a ghost must of been in here, when when she lit it it didn't go ut...Then she was washing teh rice so i was looking at the white milky looking water and she told me never to wash my face with rice water *but why would i want to????* She said if i did it twice i would see 100 ghost but teh last ghost i see would kill me...i was gonna try it but she dumped teh water into teh sink the moment i told her i wanted to do it. But i enevr did try it. I ve more stories but my 1st hr is almost over and i have to go....so pm me if ya wanna know more stories.
    I WANT YOU TO BAD REP ME....PLEASE!

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

This is BunnyCopy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by mokulen22
    I'm confused..the the title said Urban Legends...not optical illusions...

P.S. the picture doesn't work
    that is an optical illusion....urban legends would be like drinking coke with pop rock....and your stomach burts (which isnt true...thats why its an urban legend)

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    Threads

I feel so misunderstood. Does the title really have that big of an impact? Does the title really matter that much?

Besides that. The main point of my first post was the urban legend about Jessica. But to ease you folks into what it is I wanted from you I felt it nessessary to explain a little about optical illusions. The urban legend about jessica works simular to an optical illusion you see. It works on the power of suggestion through an influencial mind. Kind of like a post hypnotic suggestion. There are SEVERAL urban legends that play off this concept. Bloody Marry for christ sake.

Senior Member ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691 is infamous around these parts ayame691's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2006 06:46 PM
    Threads

is it a snake? or toilet paper oh! i know its my slinkey!!!
    Last edited by Kewii; 12-17-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information