AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should anime with video games stop or continue?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, anime with video games should stop.

1 7.14%
  • No, anime with video games should continue.

7 50.00%
  • It depends.

6 42.86%
Closed Thread

Thread: Anime with Video Games....Odd

Blacklist #1 Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2006 09:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime with Video Games....Odd

I noticed something about anime with video games. Most anime video games like Gundam Seed and Full Metal Archamist have very bad grades. Even Need For Speed Most Wanted is better than all of the anime video games. Should all anime with video games stop or continue? It's up to you. I say they should stop
    Are you good enough to survive the streets of Rockport and evade the cops?

Junior Member Independent_Jes is an unknown quantity at this point Independent_Jes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2005 01:24 AM
    Threads

Cool

Try Ghost in the Shell and Inu Yasha...those are awesome!

I think its cool because you actually get to play the characters you love and adore so much.
    I Bite...Hard...Not just for the hell of it...For the taste of Blood.
    http://http://www.myspace.com/independent_jes

souless dreamer dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja has a reputation beyond repute dragoninja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2015 01:18 AM
    Threads

dragon ball series in video games is popular but everyone i know says the game sux .. i cant say though, never played any of them

i think another inuyasha game just came out too ... herd it wasnt great either

beauty in us all
    everyone the same
    everything changes
    love is all you need
    peace happyness and wizdom forever
    music heals the soul
    learn something new everyday
    experience life
    live free

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

The developers just need to put some effort into the game, not just make a generic game and slap a popular license on it and expect it to sell well. Which it does sadly and some people 'love' it because it has their favorite anime on it. Some anime games have been decent to good. Like Budokai 3 was a very good fighting game. Its not that anime games are 'cursed' or anything its just that developers, for the most part, abuse the license since hardcore fans would buy it (and usually 'love' it) despite it's quality.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

I think it's fine... Every once in a while a good anime videogame comes out... The people that rate the games probably haven't even seen the anime the game was based on... This could effect the rating too... Some games extend the story of the anime. (Berserk).. And just because it has a bad grade doesn't mean someone else wouldn't enjoy it.

Poeple enjoy Poke'mon games...(Although the gameboy game came out before the anime)...

People enjoy the .Hack series...

And me? I enjoy the Initial D Arcade games... Well until I beat them, then only racing other people is fun.

Anyway... I think it should continue.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Right now I am playing through blood will tell, I have never read the manga and never will read it. To me the game is a bland hack and slash that doesn't do anything very well. This is how critics view games, they don't like the show or manga the games are based off of so they for the most part never get much enjoyment out of the game. If they could make a game both fans and non fans can enjoy go for it, if they can't well I wouldn't be heart broken is they just stopped making anime games. Same goes for movie tie in games.

Lots of anime fans will buy and love subpar and often down right shitty games like, ghost in the shell inuyasha or the full metal alchamist games. But I wouldn't know anything about buying sub par games because it has chracaters I like. Now if you will excuse me I have to try and track down star wars bounty hunter. Really though I think one of the best anime games I have ever played was dragon ball z budaki one on the cube. At the time I loved it but now it isn't as fun thanks to a limited fighting system. I liked how you could customize your character as well. And frankly I hate the dragon ball Z tv show, blood will tell is ok but man it has bad voice work and annoying camera problems. Plus playing as the little kid sucks beyond a doubt.
    Last edited by Darth Tyranus; 01-27-2006 at 05:18 PM.

Member C0L0R3DP3NCIL is on a distinguished road C0L0R3DP3NCIL's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2006 12:36 PM
    Threads

Hm... I've never played an anime video game but I wanna play the InuYasha one.

C++ Addict Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke is a splendid one to behold Loljoke's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2006 05:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, it helps the world of game development go around, so why not? I don't really care about them.
    I live in Switzerland!

Blacklist #1 Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence will become famous soon enough Razor Clarence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Independent_Jes
    Try Ghost in the Shell and Inu Yasha...those are awesome!

I think its cool because you actually get to play the characters you love and adore so much.
    First of all, I don't really have any favorite charaters. Second of all, anime in games are only good if there not from the series. But most of all, they end up at the bottom of the good games list.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

what were you suppost to do with the inuyasha game anyway. i didn't get it al i had was that the screen switched between inu and kagome and you had to choose a line. but it was in japanese so i didn't get which line i had to take. it also remined me of love hina, i found that game kinda lame.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:26 PM
    Threads

as long as they stay true to the anime, i wont gripe about them
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Senior Member bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

it depends on the work they did on the game. If they do good work on the games
    then its ok to keep making them. But if they if they suck, its a different thing.
    I'm not a phantom, a banshee, a witch, or an ogre But my crew's got the best chance of taking over Yo, I don't transform and I don't change shape Don't take the bus, don't shoplift tapes But I used to, and if you choose to, Here's something to pop inside your walkman and cruise to I'mma pay dues and blues, that's the truth If there's one thing I've learned from life, there's much to lose I know, that's why we never duplicate shows You're just an imitation, you can die like white buffalo

i cant do cartwheels poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy is a glorious beacon of light poppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2006 03:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Soilder
    Even Need For Speed Most Wanted is better than most of them
    need for speed is the worst car game ever (burnout forever!) how could anything be worse than it
    dbz games are ok
    samurai deeper kyo!!!

i love it so much!

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Honest to God? It needs to stop.

I'll say it just like this and you can quote me on this.

I really cannot take any game in a serious tone when the main characters have eyeballs bigger than their mouths. I cannot take a game seriously when a female character's breast are bigger than her entire torso.

The perfect example that really urks me, is that Lancer Game by Konami.
    It's Armored Core, with Japanese Cartoons. NOT the best marriage ever, honestly it's the worst idea ever.

Years ago, it was SOMETHING when once in a while a game came along with Japanese Cartoon Characters in it. Now, just about every other "popular" Rpg or action game has some sort of Blonde Character with japanese whatever that manages to revolt me to the point of using that said game as a frisbee.

Death to the Japanese Cartoon Characters.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by poppy
    need for speed is the worst car game ever (burnout forever!) how could anything be worse than it
    dbz games are ok
    What? Need For Speed sucks? Come on. I like Need For Speed and you should too. To top it off, I like Burnout too. DBZ games suck anyways. The third DBZ game was way off and hard to learn.

Senior Member Iriai is a jewel in the rough Iriai is a jewel in the rough Iriai is a jewel in the rough Iriai is a jewel in the rough Iriai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 05:51 AM
    Threads

K my thoughts are deping on the type of game they make based off the anime for instance fighting game for DBZ is ok but the RPG style DBZ games suk (it was easy for me to learn DBZ3 i dont get how it hard). Inyuasha is a good fighting game. Full metal alcamist would suk as a fighting game cause you woldnt have the fun learning how to do the stuff + a fighting game based on FFA would be limited if you know what i mean. Ghost in the shell i dont think would work as a fighting game cause its based on one charicter.

Well my favorite anime/game would be lunar silver stars comlete cause its the only anime they interduse through a game. ( if you played and beat it you would know what i meen)

Basicly they cant stop anime/games because they also have to comeup with buches of new games and sooner or later they are going to be stuck like movies are today and be stuck making remakes.. (well the FF7 remake is one ill vote for anyday :P) oh which reminds me they made an anime based on FF7 now so if anime games stoped they might stop making animes off the games wouldnt they so ill just vote for them to stay. ( i would love to see a snime bassed on all the final fantasies Above 7, and also like to see legend of dragoon as a anime aswell that would be kewl...way kewl..)

All this typing cause i was bourd when i was typing it and if your reading this part you just waised about 4 seconds of ur time... if your still reading this you just waisted 6 seconds of you time and if you keep on reading theis yull wait even more of you time becasue what will you do if this site just stops.... then doing all this is a waist of time .. oh you just wasited 15 seconds reading all this lol :P XD :P heh =D

Junior Member Mendics will become famous soon enough Mendics's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2006 05:31 AM
    Threads

well for me, i think they should stop, why?, because they're ruining good anime, like inuyasha, full metal alchemist and others. i think i know why they do this to good animes, one is they're popular so they intend many people would buy these games so.. more money for them. the reason why they don't make it good so that it wount cost that much money( be reasonable, bandai is a rich company, why couldn't they make it good, the reason they know many people would buy it even though it sucks.)

-The World is not beautiful;
    And that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.-

Senior Member Angeleon1 is on a distinguished road Angeleon1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2006 09:53 AM
    Threads

depends on the anime and how the game is played...I guess.
    There is no thought of the day, because today there is no thought!!!!!

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mendics
    well for me, i think they should stop, why?, because they're ruining good anime, like inuyasha, full metal alchemist and others. i think i know why they do this to good animes, one is they're popular so they intend many people would buy these games so.. more money for them. the reason why they don't make it good so that it wount cost that much money( be reasonable, bandai is a rich company, why couldn't they make it good, the reason they know many people would buy it even though it sucks.)
    You chose the wrong anime to qualify as "good animes"

You'll find that just like any theme of games, there will be some good ones, and some bad ones. Pretty much anything based off of Inu Yasha ends up sucking as bad as the show does though... Anyway, look at the DBZ games. While the anime isn't very good, a lot of people love those. How about .HACK? Those were games based on a game-themed anime. Some people thought those were fun games to play too.

It really comes down to this though. Some games are good, and others aren't. People buy games, and game companies make money. Game companies theme games after anime, because it's a story that already exists that they can build off of, and they can just ride the publicity of the anime. It's a smart tactic.. Just gotta make the game good, not terrible.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Vividly Crazy .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina has a reputation beyond repute .Alumina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2010 08:28 AM
    I'm telling you Souhi, Nessie is a tourist gag! ;___; Scotland :3
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think they should keep anime in games!
    It gives i dunno..another feel to it..its just not another, 'lets just see how grahically great we can make it and have no depth' somehow (it depends on what game) the anime gives the plot added depth, don't ask me how and evn using manga in a game is good! look at Guilty Gear! good game, its anime/manga! i was addicted to it for half a year!

Sig by Me :3

[ :: Gan, Lettuce and .Alu..
    Corrupting the Masses since 2006 :: ]
    17.09.07 - Yaoi Day

Souhi - Largest Achievement Known to Man:
    Getting .Alu to watch Naruto

Closed Thread

Thread Information