AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rent!!!!!!!!!

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Rent!!!!!!!!!

Oh my God, the RENT movie is finally coming. RENT was the best thing to happen to musical theatre in history. It's just so identifiable. I'm about to CRY!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to post your thoughts on this. Your favorite part, your thoughts on some of the new actors(althought there aren't many since they REUNITED ALMOST THE ENITIRE ORIGINAL CAST!!!), how you think it will turn out, anything.

Oh, and just to let you know, I will rep absolutely ANYONE who talks about how great RENT is.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Member The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2005 02:55 PM
    Threads

Who or what is "Rent"?
    Demon clan army:

Wolf Demon Rin Rank: Child of Darkness

icy-snow Rank: Knight

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Deamon King
    Who or what is "Rent"?
    RENT was this really famous Broadway play that got the 1996 Tony for Best Musical and it got a Pulitzer for drama. It is, in my and many others opinions, the best performence in history.

And a RENT movie is coming out on Nov. 23.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Member The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King is infamous around these parts The Deamon King's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A play? Like people on stage acting in public live?
    Demon clan army:

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It must take alot of guts to do that.
    Demon clan army:

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add something to your original.

As for Rent, I've never seen it, but my roommate loves it so I guess I'll go see it.

~Let Me Be Your Wings~ Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2008 10:07 AM
    Threads

Ahhhh! Oh my gosh Katrina, I was so, so excited when I found out that Rent was being turned into a motion picture ^^ I practically knocked over my boyfriend when I found out because I was so excited. I have not seen the actual muscial on broadway, but my music teacher introduced me to Rent by playing our class the entire soundtrack and basically acting it out for us in her own fashion *I love you Mrs. Saunders!* Anyway, I cannot wait to see Roger and Mimi and how the song "Light My Candle" will be done. Wheeeee, I can't wait to see it *dances around the room* Go Rent! ^^

Luv Angel Eyes
    Angel Eyes=Huggle Faerie (Need a huggle? Just ask)~Loving Fiance~PM's Lil' Darling~Crazed & obsessed Anime/Manga Fanatic~Tea drinker extradordinaire
    ^_^ ^_~ =^_^=
    Look~Listen~Laugh~Love~Smile

Quote~"I turned him into a cat, I am so sorry!"~Torhu;Fruits Basket
    Quote~"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"~ Adam;Mythbusters

Twilight Sunset «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†»'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

Well i dont know what it is but if its a musical im in... When is it comming out? I whant to take my GF to see it XD

Have a nice day XD
    Awsome Siggy By sadie

I Would Like to start a family please pm me if you are interested ^^

I Finaly Started my Journal xD check it out i'll post stuff daily ^^

Break it
    I Would Never Sugest Any Thing Like This.

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2007 05:36 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by «†~Äthäñös~†»
    Well i dont know what it is but if its a musical im in... When is it comming out? I whant to take my GF to see it XD

Have a nice day XD
    It comes out on November 23, the day before Thanksgiving.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive...... write that down.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean we're not actually out to get you,"

This siggy made by the all powerful Nespa

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I wanted to see this, but after a few looks at it and after thinking about it i do not want to see it.But if you like the play, i say go see this movie and all that stuff.
    -TWM-

Twilight Sunset «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†» has a reputation beyond repute «†~Äthäñös~†»'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2007 03:54 PM
    Threads

Ok thank you Katrina have a nice day XD
    Awsome Siggy By sadie

I Would Like to start a family please pm me if you are interested ^^

I Finaly Started my Journal xD check it out i'll post stuff daily ^^

Break it
    I Would Never Sugest Any Thing Like This.

No Brilliance Here. Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:39 PM
    Threads

Actually, aside from Narnia, that's the only other movie I'm interested in seeing at the moment.

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

is it any good to see?

Rina'z Plague is back!! animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 10:28 AM
    Threads

what's that? is that something good?

^I'm a cold vanilla milkshake with poison in it.^
    ^Please take a sip.^

can you make me a siggy and avvy set?
    im collecting. pm me if you can.
    thanks!

--my collection--

Senior Member Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord has a reputation beyond repute Darklord's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2009 11:29 PM
    Threads

Sorry ya'll, dont know it, wont see it....I dont live in NY anymore. Even if it was showing, i wouldnt know about it but now I do. Thanx Katrina, thanx for reminding me how this country sucks and how much I miss the USA.....

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

I'm excited, yes. I saw it on Broadway a few years ago, and even though I had the soundtrack for years before ever seeing it (and so knew everything that happens in it), I still cried. I'll probably cry again watching the movie. I hope to God they do not mess it up. They shouldn't, since as you pointed out they're using most of the original cast. Though one problem I could see coming of that is that it means they're using actors who are used to the stage, not the camera. It's an entirely different form of acting. I hope it doesn't end up like Phantom of the Opera did....with the actors obviously in the mindset of a stage performance, and so over-acting and it coming off a bit awkward on film.

Either way, I'll be glad to be able to talk to more people about it and have them actually know what I'm talking about... And I'll probably still want to watch it on Broadway again sometime... Because it's just a different feel watching something live, ya know?

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

I don't give a damn Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2 has much to be proud of Katrina_Survivor2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Die Tod von Euch
    Though one problem I could see coming of that is that it means they're using actors who are used to the stage, not the camera. It's an entirely different form of acting. I hope it doesn't end up like Phantom of the Opera did....with the actors obviously in the mindset of a stage performance, and so over-acting and it coming off a bit awkward on film.
    Well, that would be a problem, but the great thing is that Anthony Rapp(Mark), Adam Pascal(Roger) and most of the others have done movies before. They are obviously more acustomed to stage acting, but this won't be thier first experience with cameras.

Speaking of which, have you heard any of Adam Pascal's solo albums? I have Civilian and Model Prisoner. What do you think of them?

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's good to know, that they've done film. They, at least, should know what to do. Good good. I'm so excited either way, though. I've been re-listening to my soundtrack and been bouncy for the past like week.

And no, I did not know about his solo albums. Are they good? Worth looking into?

--

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok, I just saw the RENT movie last night. It wasn't really made to be a movie, as was said by many. Although it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, I am obligated to love it just because it's RENT lol.

Now, a couple of things. First off, even though the movie itself wasn't the best, the singing was FANTASTIC!!!! Adam Pascal hasn't really taken care of his voice over the past ten years, but he was still GREAT!!!

Second, do not go to this movie unless you have seen the musical. You will not get it, you will be very confused throughout the entire movie and you will hate anything having to do with RENT forever. But, if you have seen it or at least know the story you will love it and it will make perfect sense.

Third, most of the acting wasn't especially great, but Jesse L. Martin, the guy who plays Tom Colins, is officially GOD!!! He is really good and is my favorite charicter in the movie and probably in the original musical.

That's all. lol

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

I wish I could see it..it sounds so great!
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I disagree with the vast majority of what Katrina says in her last post...

I saw it the other night, and left the theater with a very bitter taste in my mouth. As mentioned, I've seen the play and have owned the soundtrack for about eight years. I'm a rather big fan of this play...

That movie? That wasn't RENT. At all. It had some of its songs, characters with the same name, and a few moments where the plot was similar. Other than that...it was something totally different that made no sense, was poorly edited, and was shoddily directed. It was awkward. The whole thing was awkward. Especially when they would sing/say something that did not fit their actions or the current situation. It diverted way too much from the play, attempted to take a direction of its own, and failed horribly.

Grease was a play that has a movie which is also very different. The thing is, Grease came out good in movie form, no matter how different they made it. RENT did not. It could have...if things had been handled differently.

I don't recommend this movie for anyone. Not for those who haven't seen the play, and certainly not for those who have (because, like me, you might just be a bit ticked to see something so incredibly great be butchered so horribly). If you want to watch RENT, watch the play. And you don't always have to travel to NYC to watch it, folks. Broadway shows tend to do tours (and not just in America).

Actually...you could just buy the original Broadway soundtrack and listen to it, and you'd still get way more out of it than watching the movie.

--

Closed Thread

Thread Information