AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Gay Marriage

Senior Member KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2008 10:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    sleeping under a tree over a field of warm flowers on a cool sunny day ^_^
    Threads

isn't it written in the Bible that you can't be attracted to the same sex?
    "Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters."
    - John Green

Senior Member KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat has a reputation beyond repute KiriKat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

my pastor got me to think this was a sin
    and that it should never be done
    "Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters."
    - John Green

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroko-Hanae
    isn't it written in the Bible that you can't be attracted to the same sex?
    *sigh*

No, it's not. It is not written anywhere that homosexuality is a sin. It merely states that sodomy is a sin. Enormous difference.

The blame on all of this 'God hates fags' crap is blamable only on your interpretation of it - or how it was translated from Hebrew. Apparently the most exact translation was 'do not lie with a man as with the layings of a woman,' which could be interpreted as 'do not sleep in women's pajamas.'

Since I am too lazy to write everything out myself, allow me to quote another:

“And with a male you shall not lie the lying down of a woman
    is, as was stated, the most literal translation of Lev 18:22. The authors of the Hebrew Bible frequently use the verb construction "to lie" as a euphamism for sexual penetration: vaginal penetration in the case of male-female intercourse, anal penetration in the case of male-male intercourse. Thus, in this verse the subject is anal penetration.

The translation found in most modern Bibles, "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman" assumes that the injunction is directed toward the penetrative partner; essentially, you shouldn't penetrate a man, you should only penetrate a woman. But the original verse is a cognate-direct object construction analagous to other Hebrew idioms like "to dream a dream." So in the case of Lev 18:22, the injunction is directed toward the submissive, or penetrated, partner, since he is the one who is lying the lying down of a woman.

Why would this be a problem for the ancient Hebrews? There are two reasons, which I'll outline here. The first is that the Hebrew theology was exclusive, based on setting the ancient Hebrews apart from all other peoples of the world. This separation was accomplished through adherence to the type of strict societal rules found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy: if you're a Jew, you don't eat shellfish and you don't touch a menstruating woman; that's the sort of thing that distinguishes your people from everyone else, which is necessary, since you're YHWH's chosen. The system is based on the idea that some animals fall outside the natural order: fish are supposed to have fins and swim, but shellfish don't, so they fall outside the natural order, and are thus impure. The same applies to male-male intercourse. Now, if you want to apply every code in the Hebrew scriptures, including the laws governing diet, marriage, and slavery to modern life, then you might at least have a doctrinal argument for condemning male-male intercourse. But otherwise, there's no reason for it.

Reason number 2: to be penetrated anally was an act of submission. The Hebrews are notoriously possessed of an overpowering desire to be free from domination. Thus, they would be opposed to any act that implied acquiescence to another.

As a final point, the Hebrew Scriptures do not condemn homosexuality, they condemn male-male intercourse. There is no mention of oral sex, lesbianism, or any type of romantic love between memebers of the same sex.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

I'm not weird..I'm gifted MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2006 01:07 AM
    Threads

oh i have no problem
    i have never thought about it before,
    but yea,
    now and then there are many gay people getting Married
    and there are famous people,
    but if that is what they want and their are not
    attracted to the same sex ok fine then.
    [siggy by the almighty Gan]

Fan Of...

--

--

--

--

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanx Whispers
    ok i get it now In Awe
    - John Green

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers
    *sigh*

No, it's not. It is not written anywhere that homosexuality is a sin. It merely states that sodomy is a sin. Enormous difference.

The blame on all of this 'God hates fags' crap is blamable only on your interpretation of it - or how it was translated from Hebrew. Apparently the most exact translation was 'do not lie with a man as with the layings of a woman,' which could be interpreted as 'do not sleep in women's pajamas.'

Since I am too lazy to write everything out myself, allow me to quote another:

[/b]
    But, if we try to follow every crazy fairy tale writen a long long time ago, we'll never get anywhere. That's why we don't mix religious scriptures with bills and laws.

Side note: I'm not flaming you, whispers. I'm just saying that these scriptures contradict each other in so many ways. lol
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

Senior Member paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2005 04:22 PM
    Threads

Love is love. Government shouldn't be run by a fiction book.

Roll footage of kids tabogganing
    I'm...

Senior Member Hiei The Forgotten One has a little shameless behaviour in the past Hiei The Forgotten One's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2006 03:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    Gaydom/gayness is not in the genes. It's in their peronality, in their soul, and in their heart. And ust so you know, I am gay too. ^_^
    You said it, because there nothing wrong about being gay show some pride, i'm only saying this because i'm gay too.

Your love is all i needed,to bring a smile in my face,but when your gone all i do is think about you,so i won't die slowly in the inside.

Celestial Guardian Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 01:13 AM
    In the place beetween light and dark called Twilight
    Threads

Not to be mean or anything but isn't this a religion-based world? Even if u don't have one some ppl kinda look to one as reference or something right? Some gays were actually in the some religions that forbidden gayness to happen and broke off it when they decided that they were going to be gay...........so religion was going to come up in this debate sooner or later

P.S. I am not being religous here or anything I am just thinking of how u wouldn't think that it wouldn't come up in this debate......that is all.

Member of the Bishie Hunters Clan
    (Owner of Demon Eyes Kyo and Kyoshiro Mibu)

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by katrina_survivor
    But, if we try to follow every crazy fairy tale writen a long long time ago, we'll never get anywhere.
    Yeah, totally. I agree katrina_survivor. In the bible is is considered "unclean" to mix types of cloth. So if you are wearing 2 types of material right now, say 50% cotton and 50% polyester, you are technically sinning. But no one gives a crap about that stuff because it is said that when Jesus died on the cross, all the unclean things were no longer sins. People didn't have to sacrifice sheep to be forgiven and could eat previously "unclean" animals, just like Paul did (you know, the 1st Pope and essentially author of Christianity). And the bible says that homosexuality is "unclean,", so now it would be acceptable, right? Does that make sense?

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Senior Member forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo has a reputation beyond repute forgotten Duo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2014 11:16 AM
    Threads

I have very strong feelings about this topic, for not being homosexual. There are a few things I would like to point out, and I'll try hard to be polite.

- The World is not Christian, I am not Christian ... why should the bible be used in this conversation at all? The teachings of one religion should be irrelevant when it comes to law making.

- Homosxuals aren't hurting you by existing, how will that change if they get married? If you can think of something, tell me. I really want to know.

- Mind your own business. If you didn't know what they were doing and not approve, you'd probably think they were great people. Pull your head our of your ignorant behind.

- Homosxuality does occur in nature, wouldn't that make is natural? Birds, monkeys, etc. have all been seen performing homosexual acts. In nature. Natural.

I'll stop for now. I'm trying very hard to behave myself.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Senior Member Lady_Farore will become famous soon enough Lady_Farore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

eh... gay marrage is fine. i mean, it would be kinda dumb if it wasnt alloud because of variouse reasons that i dunno howta word o__O

and i agree 100% with forgotten duo. nice point you made out!
    Last edited by Lady_Farore; 11-07-2005 at 05:55 PM.
    Light is a powerful thing.
    To posses makes you unbeatable,
    To lack makes you vulnerable.
    Light is the only way out of the darkness,
    The evil in ones soul.

Sanjuro, not an Aeon Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by katrina_survivor
    And for the government to pass such a law they would need a half-assed reason for stopping gay marriage. The only one they can think up is, "Homosexuality is unholy in the eyes of God," and that is most deffinately a religious reason.
    You see, that's the way it should work. Keep in mind that conservatives (who make up most of the christian right, hence the right) are in control of congress. One reason I heard attached to it was that it's bad for the kids, that kids with two fathers couldn't possibly be normal. If they can slap a reason like that on it to make it seem almost reasonable, it could be passed. An amendment, however, would be harder, as I believe they require 2/3 of both houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus
    Yeah, totally. I agree katrina_survivor. In the bible is is considered "unclean" to mix types of cloth. So if you are wearing 2 types of material right now, say 50% cotton and 50% polyester, you are technically sinning. But no one gives a crap about that stuff because it is said that when Jesus died on the cross, all the unclean things were no longer sins. People didn't have to sacrifice sheep to be forgiven and could eat previously "unclean" animals, just like Paul did (you know, the 1st Pope and essentially author of Christianity). And the bible says that homosexuality is "unclean,", so now it would be acceptable, right? Does that make sense?
    let me first just say that Peter was actually the first Pope.

And another thing you have to remember about the bible is the Jesus stories that people rarely hear, and I've got a million of 'em. Like how about when he condemned a fig tree to eternal hellfire for not having any food for him? That's a personal favorite.

Basically, I agree with you, the bible's ideas are rarely followed to anything but a very general degree today. But the bible isn't the only reason people are against gay marriage. Some people think that it shouldn't be done because it's never been done before. Others think (mistakenly) that it's against science. And some people are just plain Homophobic.
    Last edited by Yojimbo51; 11-07-2005 at 06:40 PM.

Ich brauche Zeit, kein Heroin, kein Alkohol, kein Nikotin, brauch keine Hilf, kein Koffein, doch Dynamit und Turpentin. Ich brauche Geld fur Gasolin, explosiv wie Kerosin, mit viel Oktan, und frei von Blei.
    Eine Kraftstoff wie Benzin

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

Peoples talks about "not ok with it" cos of their religion, as long as they dun bring it up too often then i think its fine, because if some pplz are christian and they give out opinions about themselves "not ok with gays", then it is normal cos we are suppose to give out opinions and thoughts or one self.

The Honorable Reaper WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2006 12:00 AM
    Threads

I will never fully comprehend why some people are still torn on an issue as trivial as this. I mean, it's not like any physical harm of any sort occurs from gay marriage.

I am going to be upfront about this, anybody who says that homosexuals shouldn't get married because it goes against nature or that it goes against the will of God, or some stupid reason like that, is an irrational, intolerant bastard who should just die. (I must say though, the responses on this forum have been surprisingly even-minded. Bravo.) Anyways, to sum up, I have no problem with gay marraige, so why should anyone else? Hell, if more people were gay, we could very well put overpopulation under control!

As a side-note, I really think religion should be left out of governments completely because, if history has taught us anything at all, it's that it only ever leads to trouble (just look at the Crusades, Witch-burnings, the Holocaust, Saddam Hussein's rule, I could go on...)
    Family

Brother in Arms: Saint Mana
    Sister in Arms: JiruCloud
    Sister: Anbu-Kakashi

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by forgotten Duo
    - The World is not Christian, I am not Christian ... why should the bible be used in this conversation at all? The teachings of one religion should be irrelevant when it comes to law making.
    Because the majority of America [and the world, actually] is Christian. (and I think we all know the important political leaders of America are Christian)

If so many people believe that homosexuality IS a bad thing, it'll generally be taken as the status quo. I mean, that only changed...what, 10 years ago? Although that particular arguement is for another day.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

I'm not weird..I'm gifted MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~ has a reputation beyond repute MaGeaX~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

wow so many people agree! and i agree to what paranoid android said
    P.S. i'm not gay

Fan Of...

--

--

--

--

Sanjuro, not an Aeon Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51 is infamous around these parts Yojimbo51's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2006 10:01 PM
    Threads

why dos everyone have to have that little disclaimer? Just ecause you beieve that all people should be able to do something that harmless doesn't mean you're gay, just like believing that women should be payed the same amount as men doesn't necessarily mean you're a woman.

Ich brauche Zeit, kein Heroin, kein Alkohol, kein Nikotin, brauch keine Hilf, kein Koffein, doch Dynamit und Turpentin. Ich brauche Geld fur Gasolin, explosiv wie Kerosin, mit viel Oktan, und frei von Blei.
    Eine Kraftstoff wie Benzin

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I have it on because on a different forum they had something like this and i put down something like that fist post i made and someone that i was gay O.o

Fan Of...

--

--

--

--

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Well this has run its course, and has had its share of complaints also. So it is time to wave by bye to it

Closed Thread

Thread Information