AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Posers & Another poser

Senior Member SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 11:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Hot thread we have going on here...

In my opinion, I personally believe that people go too far in trying to prove that they are unique. Every person is unique no matter how they look or dress. If the only way you can express yourself is to wear heaps of makeup, piercings, and crazy clothing, there really isn't much to you.

The first step is to be yourself. Dress in what you feel comfortable in, and don't try so hard to be different. Guess what, at the end of the day, you'll still be called out by someone ignorant, and they'll say that you're still a poser.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Peach
    This is what I mean, its just generalisation, that all "emo" kids are arrogant, uninteresting and monotomous. There's more to people than the way they look or dress, and not all goths/emo are the same, some types of groups are seen as rebellion against the norm. I just dislike the fact you say you "hate all emo people", you haven't really taken into account anything apart from the music and the way that person looks. What about personality? Not all goths are the same, and they don't all believe in the same thing.. so I think it's a shame you've chosen to generalise without taking into account if that person's character.. if they're fun, nice, kind, caring or whatever, you've just chosen to dislike a group based on ..you can only really judge a person once you get to know them. Ever heard of "don't judge a book by it's cover".. this phrase is annoying but true..

Anyhoo, to me, we're all posers, as I've said above, and nobody is original, we all make our personality and character from people and things around us. I think I've made my feelings clear, I'm sorry if I offend anyone..
    Oh yes. Don't judge a book by its cover. Classic. But I do hate all goths and emo. Because there's no point in what they do. Personality? They could be nicest people in the world and I'd still hate them. I'm fully aware that each goth/ emo person may have a good character. They maybe fun or caring or whatever. I don't care. I still hate them because they don't make sense. My brother is actually a friend with some emo kid and when I asked him why he dresses like that, he just shrugged. They don't even know what they are.

So yeah, there's more to people than how they dress, but if they dress like posers, act like posers, and sound like posers, then guess what kids. They are, in fact, unoriginal, uninteresting, good-for-nothing posers. End of line.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie has a reputation beyond repute Atelier Marie's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2012 10:50 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ellytigress428

well here..here's my question.

how can you HONESTLY prove someone is a poser? example. i hear about a certain type of music, i see clothing that a big general population of my peers wear, and i find out that the music is something i've gotten into and turn out to actually like, and i find that i look good in said clothes and im comfortable.

does that make me a poser

Senior Member SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 11:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Atelier Marie
    well here..here's my question.

how can you HONESTLY prove someone is a poser? example. i hear about a certain type of music, i see clothing that a big general population of my peers wear, and i find out that the music is something i've gotten into and turn out to actually like, and i find that i look good in said clothes and im comfortable.

does that make me a poser
    Obviously not, seeing that you're comfortable with the clothing and you arent doing it for someone else, you're doing it beacause you genuinely like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111
    My brother is friends with some emo kid and when i asked him why he dresses like that, he just shrugged. They don't even know what they are
    Well even if this is the case, not everyone is your brother's friend. Is it fair for you to classify all people beacause of your brother's friend? Sure he might not know why he does it, but that doesn't hold true for all people who really feel comfortable with it.

Senior Member Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex has a reputation beyond repute Essex's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 09:36 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

To have a style and to be a poser is two incredibly different things. A for example, a skater poser pretends that he's good at skating, and exuses himself everytime someone asks him to show them something cool. A person who follows the skateboard style (there are to many skater styles today) can hardly be called a poser then.

So, no, not everyone is posers, infact, there's not many posers at all. People dress like they want to. If you want to dress like your bestfriend, go ahead, that doesn't make you a poser. Pretending to be something/someone you're not does. It's things like this thread that make people go around and call others posers.
    Last edited by Essex; 10-28-2005 at 01:19 PM.

'I wish she'd guri-guri me like that'
    'Yes! Guri-guri-ing all over the place. I'm jealous!'

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SaceGolem2
    Well even if this is the case, not everyone is your brother's friend. Is it fair for you to classify all people beacause of your brother's friend? Sure he might not know why he does it, but that doesn't hold true for all people who really feel comfortable with it.
    Of course everyone isn't my brother's friend. There's like billions of people on this planet. Okay, okay, enough with the sarcasm. But I formed my opinion about goths and emo way before meeting my brother's friend. But meeting him did add more evidence that they are just a bunch of posers.

xXhardcoreXx<3Guinny You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words has a reputation beyond repute You Sing The Words's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2005 03:05 PM
    Threads

Faceless....Okay....yeah...steve...o_O.....Anway.. ..You said you don't like to call them posers...but you did anyway. You make no sense. And why do you hate them? Don't you kinda think that that's racisim...? =/
    <Me
    Ive been waiting for so long to hold you in my arms Embrace forever my sweet girl

Let it go A broken heart a broken heart don't feel so bad But she looks but she looks so good Let it go A broken heart a broken heart dont seem so bad Take a breath not another word but she loots but she looks so good it
    hurts

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

I can not believe how much credence is given to the idea that everyone is a poser shenanigans, which is simply not true.

Senior Member Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall has a reputation beyond repute Annie Hall's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2012 04:02 PM
    I live at my house. haha I know right hilarious?
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Heres my little input, love it hate I don't care, I acually agree with the opening statement, because everyone who 'is' something got their ideas from somewhere =/ or theres so many people like them now that it's not original anymore.

Senior Member YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow has a reputation beyond repute YourShadow's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 12:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by You Sing The Words
    You know what sucks about the world today...People who call others posers. If you think about it, everyone is a poser...everyone is fake. Im fake. I mean, I am a real person, and Im not lying about my pics or anything.. It's just I am fake. No one really is original. And the people who go around behind other people's back, or straight to their face and tell them that they are posers, don't realize that they are posers as well. No one is original. Like, when you're in school, and someone is right next to you, they are....hm...let's take me for example, dark hair, lip rings, everything. There like wow, you're so original....you'll be walking down the hallway a bit and see another person...same way. I mean not the same eyes and face, but just appearence. That's why, when that faceless person called emo kids posers....he just needs to see that everyone is a poser.

Don't ask...I just think this way..o_o
    Im an original

like FES

Thanks keitaru-san for the sigg
    the ultimate reward is honor, not awards

at odds in the times of war

-yourshadow

2 b frg10 = wrs thn deth. Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 07:05 PM
    Threads

I am me. I am me because I behave and think in a certain way that is unique. This does not mean that I am unique so far as to be the only person with my own completely different personality. I am a person whose character is a combination of the assimilation of the characteristics I choose to become parts of me and of what has been and will be taught to me by society and my environment throughout my life.

One is defined by the characteristics that they choose to have become part of them. They may also have different reasons for choosing to become that person, and maybe that is what makes us all unique, not only the people that we choose to be but our reasons for being them as well.

I admire and respect the opinions given, although they will be not entirely the same as mine. (They will be unique, well, to a degree.) At any rate, just be yourself and linger not on such things.(Be you in a necessarily civilized way though. I know that that would or does make us all more alike but there is still a lot of room to be your own person.)

By the way; drink tea and be merry! (Yay!)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by You Sing The Words
    Faceless....Okay....yeah...steve...o_O.....Anway.. ..You said you don't like to call them posers...but you did anyway. You make no sense. And why do you hate them? Don't you kinda think that that's racisim...? =/
    I do make sense... to me... in my mind... when I smoke...

Anyway, I think I already answered this question, but I hate them because I'm tired of them. They're too goddam many of them. Talk about unoriginal. I'm just so sick and tired of their tormented artist act and their crappy music (I'm talking to you, My Chemical Romance. Please die.) and their clothing style. I hate them because when I go to school, my eyes are flooded with images of kids with green, pink, blue, etc hair colors and black clothing, black fingernail, eye shadow, and ugh... horid images. Then, when I think I escaped the horror, I go home and turn on MTV and (oh boy!) more emo! Joy! It's over used, unoriginal, and irrelevant.

And as far as the racism thing goes, no, I'm not. Racism, as defined by Webster, is a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. Maybe if all gothic/ emo people were black, then it would be racism. But I don't hate any particular race. But my hate for this group of people could be considered prejudice, not racism. You were close, but no cigar.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Um... there's already a thread like this. You should just post this there. The mods are just gonna close this anyway.

2 b frg10 = wrs thn deth. Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura has a reputation beyond repute Tempest Valkura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 07:05 PM
    Threads

I did it because it wouldn't allow me to post there; otherwise, I would have done so.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

hmm.. It wouldnt let you?

*uses ancient forgotten secrets and merges both threads together.*

All is fine now. I took care of it. Now it is with the other thread, and we all can survive in harmony.
    Last edited by Bean Bandit; 10-28-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    Nice... really smooth and to think you even edited this. Lets try this the next time with out downing someone to then just state you respect there opinion.
    right...you mean EXACTLY what you just did? brains, they help.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Masali
    right...you mean EXACTLY what you just did? brains, they help.
    Oh man, that was pretty funny.

DarkPrinceBman <3 U stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize has a reputation beyond repute stigmatize's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2006 11:55 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Posers are usually a term used to label poeple who so-called 'followed' the trend or something that's already there. You don't see those who started the trend, emo trend, for example, as posers, like celebrities. Kids/poeples nowadays are called posers because they are deemed not original and for following some trend that already existed.

Some poeple who are really who they are, who dress and act as they feel like it, poeple may see them as posers too. Just because the way they are has already existed before. So it's quite unfair by labelling somebody as a poser, because you do not know if that person is really being a poser just to be 'cooler' or it's because that's really what they're true personality is.

I'm not denying that there are poeple who change identities everytime, everytime with a new flow of trend(usually those set by celebrities on tv), just to be seen as more 'hip','updated' and 'cool'. Those are posers. But you can't really tell if he or she is genuine.

It all comes down to the different opinions that we all have, as humans. It's because we are all different that we have different point of views.

Awesome sig+avy set made by [kaisen] <3

Closed Thread

Thread Information