AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: from sketch to CG

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default from sketch to CG

I have a bit of a question that I think some people on here can help with. I have this inked sketch that I would like to CG. I have photoshop CS. How would I go about cleaning up the scan?

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

very carefully lol

*cough*
    I'm not sure what you mean, so I'm going to go out on a limb and sound like a dumbass here...

New layer, outline, new layer, white background, trace with whichever tool is appropriate, rinse repeat until the image is done. That's how I'd clean it up.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

The Poikylotechne akachan will become famous soon enough akachan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 10:40 AM
    italy...I'm a train-addicted, I live both near Milan and near Rome...
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

good answer, I think that also a dust&grain (Sorry Pook, but I don't have an english PSP, so I dont' remember the exact english word) btw is a noise filter. Don't use it too high, then clean the thin lines with something like a burn tool(naturally not burn but light one).
    maybe could you post a little example of the scan? I think we could help you better ^__^
    **Illuminated Spirits member**
    rem tene, verba sequentur (Cato)

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i put it up in the test forum. it's black lines with white, so very easy. I just wasn't sure if there were any special techniques for clean up. Thanks!

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I think I saw it, but aren't sure. Linkage hun?

If I DID see it, then it was adorable, and all that needs to be done is the extraction and colorazation. ^_^
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/5...nbanner2eh.gif

Test thread: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=32512

I also should color it... but im not that good at it.

Pink is the new Pooky

The Poikylotechne akachan will become famous soon enough akachan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 10:40 AM
    italy...I'm a train-addicted, I live both near Milan and near Rome...
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

ohhh now I can tell you something else! ^^
    What can you do:
    1. to remove the white stuff go to the top level palette and go to the last command, there should be something like remove white matte or something(something ^^). Naturally you have to make it when it's a level with only black(like the transparent gif).
    OR
    2.This is a trick I've found recently. Using the normal level (full of white and black) with the wand tool, not continuos and with a 90-100 of sensibility, select the white, then adjust the selection as you like. Then apply a layer mask to the level, in the end you should see only the black lines.
    Now: in the level palette, click on the mask(the second rectangle) and do ctrl+L! in this way the mask will erase the white matte around the black! *__* (I've tried it with the gothic Akane, it was wonderful). If the lines aren't perfect, just play on the mask erasing and revealing pixels. Layer mask is my best friend, together with vectors *___*

about the coloring: with the wand tool select the areas of the same colors you'd like to color, then make a layer set and put it to multiply. Into the set put a new normal layer, and fill it with the color you like. make multiple layers for different colors(part of the image) so you can change the hue whenever you want(ctrl+u naturally, or a ne hue layer with a mask).
    If you want to add shadows, I suggest you to make them on different layers with a layer mask.

If you've got other questions or you want me to be more understandable XDDD just tell it! ^^
    Good work!
    **Illuminated Spirits member**
    rem tene, verba sequentur (Cato)

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Trace the outlines with the pen tool (don't stroke, use the shape layers), it will look far better but is more time-consuming with complex lineart. No fugly white edges, too.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

The Elemental artist.. kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2007 12:52 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Ok listen..

I would like to help you MPC. I will post some useful things here.
    • When you create a drawing that you want to scan it, you have to draw only the outlines of the drawing (i mean don't color it with some color pencils, and don't draw thick details)
    • After you have draw the sketch, pick up a inker (i use Faber-Castel, it's not something professional but it gives a dark black outline) you just have to pass the drawing again with the inker to make a clear outline)
    • After that you pick your eraser and start erase all the paper( the result? you will have a clear outline drawing ready for scan)
    • You scan it and you open Photoshop CS2 (i have this photoshop to!! )
    • Now pick the magic wand
    • Select the regions inside and outside the lines of the drawing one by one, and press DELETE in each one.
    • FINAL RESULT: a clear scanned drawing ready for coloring....
    I hope i help you(don't be confused because i am saying outlines, i just mean simple lines lol)

it's my honor to help the leader of I.S (illuminated spirits) see ya

Ahh and something else. I can color any of your images if you want.And i am saying that for everyone...lol
    Last edited by kingkostas; 10-25-2005 at 08:18 AM. Reason: change something
    *illuminated spirits clan member*
    *winner of AW forum. Paint me contest*
    Inking & Coloring images: Pm me!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

want to color and clean up my little dude for me? go right ahead. ^-^;;;

Pink is the new Pooky

Such A Mad World Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2008 06:47 PM
    Threads

Default wow

all of your images are wonderful
    I Need Good Reputation

And A Signature

Please Help.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It's just a sketch! But thanks. Actually, I spent all lunch period coloring little cats on my students notebooks and homework. :3

Pink is the new Pooky

The Elemental artist.. kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas is a splendid one to behold kingkostas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default :)

Ok i will do it...you will have it today or tommorow for sure..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Such A Mad World Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2008 06:47 PM
    Threads

i dunno,sorry
    I Need Good Reputation

And A Signature

Please Help.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default here

Ok here as i promised MPC..ok i know it's simple but sometimes simple things are the best i hope you like it..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	halloweenbanner2eh-gia-MPC-.gif‎
Views:	94
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	7396  

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

eek! the glowy eyes! Someone at Gaia Online also randomly painted it as well...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hallow.jpg‎
Views:	96
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	7398  

Pink is the new Pooky

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default hmmmm...

Well i don't know a lot about halloween because here in greece we don't have haloween. Whatever i putted red and orange color to give a fiery atmosphere...the red color shows that this is an evil terrifying demon...

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I didn't say it was bad! I think it's cute! thanks!

Pink is the new Pooky

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hahaha i didn't mean anything about how bad or well my picture is. The other picture is very nice to! I just gave some information about the picturelol. Whatever thank you...

Closed Thread

Thread Information