AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Battle Vixens

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Battle Vixens

I recently read the first 8 volumes of Battle Vixens. I was convinced before reading it, that it would be stupid like the anime series. I was certainly wrong. I enjoy the manga thoroughly, which leads me to ask 3 qeustions. 1. Who here has read it? 2. What did you think of the manga/anime? and 3. Does anyone know when Volume 9 is to be released?

Rina'z Plague is back!! animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi has a reputation beyond repute animeseishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2008 10:28 AM
    Threads

i have never heard of it..

^I'm a cold vanilla milkshake with poison in it.^
    ^Please take a sip.^

can you make me a siggy and avvy set?
    im collecting. pm me if you can.
    thanks!

--my collection--

Member Doll Face will become famous soon enough Doll Face will become famous soon enough Doll Face's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2005 10:06 AM
    Threads

Well its Japanese release name is Ikkitousen. Warriors from the Sangokushi (think Romance of the Three Kingdoms) period got reincarnated has these “high school” kids (In quotes because no one at any high school was ever built like some of these characters are). There are seven schools fighting for control. Each of the reincarnated fighters has a jewel that shows they are qualified to fight. Any way that’s about has much of the story has I care to go into. The meat and potatoes of this series are with its characters and the fight scenes they have. The main character, who is female, is the one you get to see do the most fighting. I have not seen the whole series through and through (we had to stop showing it because one of the characters gets something unpleasant done to them). Moving on, the fight scenes are pretty cool and keep you interested (Not the same old cookie cutter characters doing some huge power up and then attack), they are also fast paced and involve A LOT of fanservice. At the start of must fights the female fighters will lose 1/3 of there clothing and you will be given a panty shot ever few seconds. The first episode in particular had almost has much fanservice has the over-the-top Eiken. Nothing is wrong with a little fanservice here and there but Ikketousen made jiggling and panty shots its selling point. If ever an anime required the use of the jiggle count this would be it. Ikketousen is pretty much geared toward the male audience, though females could still enjoy (the male characters are butt ugly though and thankfully are not given much fanservice). If you like over the top fights and busty vixens this one is for you, also should look in to Tenjho Tenge which is done by the same people with roughly the same theme (Just more heavily edited in America and the males are not has butt ugly).
    For anime related news read my journal.
    If the quantity of my posts starts to increase then there overall quality will decrease.

Domo Army Victim Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo is a splendid one to behold Shinigami Ichigo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2010 03:42 PM
    Threads

Well, having read a good deal of both Battle Vixens (I know that is only the name for the American manga) and Tenjou Tenge, I must say I enjoy Ikkitousen slightly better (manga only, anime version of both these series sucks big-time). The guys, in general, are not what I would consider "butt-ugly" (take that opinion for whatever it is worth coming from a guy ). While it is a near constant barrage of panty-shots and exposed flesh, there is so much more to it than that, if you can get past it. The story is complicated, with lots of characterization going on. The manga is so much better (I mean, the main villain in the series is killed off in volume 4). I recommend anyone who likes action, fan service, and comedy should read this manga. I just wish I knew when the next volume is due to be released in America.

Closed Thread

Thread Information