AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Siren

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Default Siren

anyone ever played it?? its freakishly scary.
    9/10 sound
    9/10 graphics
    10/10 plot
    =============================================

Siren

Siren for the Playstation 2 is the type of game bound to slip under the radar, and so far, it has. From simple screenshots, the game looks like a typical survival horror game, which in turn would be pretty bland and overdone. Luckily Siren is not a typical game of any type. It attempts to refine the genre by adding a few new innovative features, and thankfully, most of them work. It may not blow you away, but your experience with Siren all depends on how much you can allow yourself to be absorbed into its eerie atmosphere. The game is different, and that’s a whole lot say about the genre these days.

If you look at Siren from a storytelling point of view, you will see that the plot stays close to the game’s own innovation, and never strays too far from it. That can be good or bad depending if you even like the new feature shown in the game. You play through about 80 missions (varying in length from pathetically short, to quite long) trying to find a solution to the strange incident that has occurred. The enemies you face in the game are called the Shibito and they are a new variation on the walking dead. It wouldn’t be wise to mistake these for common zombies though, because this is where the game pulls a lot of its effect from. Typically in a survival horror game, zombies are slow moving hulks of flesh that only hurt you if you are stupid enough to get close. In Siren, once they spot you, the game quickly turns into a marathon run as you are chased down by one or maybe more Shibito. Why don’t you just kill them? Well that would have been a very nice feature, but it seems that element of nature was scrapped on the cutting room floor. The zombies in this game will never die. No matter how hard you try, they aren’t going to fall, so its best to not even bother. You are sometimes given a gun, but let me just make this clear, it is only there as a diversion. Weapons serve the single purpose of delaying the inevitable. Running and hiding is the main focus of the game, and this is where its biggest feature comes into play. Each of the nine (yes, nine) playable characters in the game have been given the ability to tap into the minds of others and see essentially what they see. In an old radio fashion, you use the left analog stick as a tuner and when you find the vision you want, simply press x to hold it. Because there is no death for these zombies, this feature is your biggest weapon. Using the sight tap to memorize enemy locations and movements is the key to progressing in the game, and if you think you can make it without it, you can simply go on and check yourself into a ward. The sight tapping is a great feature and it does spice up the genre, but that in itself may be the problem. Those looking for a survival horror game may find this to be more of a stealth strategy game in the end. It’s not a bad thing by any means, but it may be a confusing thing for some gamers as people have been quick to slap labels on it. So can the game scare you? Yes, in fact it can. When an enemy spots you for the first time, depending on its position, some of you may find yourself wetting your pants because as the screen flashes red, your blood pressure seems to skyrocket. Getting out of an enemy’s site is a tough chore, but it’s a satisfying one if you can manage to sneak past him in the end. Replay value is something this game doesn’t really need. Because of the way the levels are split up, you can play this game in small doses or do it all at once, but you will find this to be a very hefty 25+ hour adventure.
    Derp.

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 04:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzors Steam ID: Leyzee

I'm a pretty big fan of horror/suspense/thriller/adventure games.. And when I heard about this game, I really wanted to get it. But when I read the reviews on it and the storyline, it didn't really interest me anymore. I saw it in the game store a few times, but some of the guys there would say "I won't recommend that game" So I kinda just blew it off.

I know I haven't given it a try, and I should. So perhaps I'll play it after Fatal Frame 3.

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Senior Member Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth is infamous around these parts Nineteenth's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ein Nineteenth PSN ID: ein_nineteenth

Eh, it's only a cousin of the Jacking Games: Brainjacking, Carjacking,Souljacking and the newbie , Sightjacking.

It's not at all scary, well to some people. It could have made a far better multiplayer game if it was online ready if you consider the way the actions of the game are carried out.

The only real thing that set this game apart from most horror games is the facial graphics and horrid dubbing.
    Better than Resident Evil voices, except with that cheese-ball british accent they tossed in. =)

This is another one of those games that is'nt for Resident Evil fans, since it takes a page from the first few horror games made and gives you three choices.
    Run and Hide, Die or Fight and Die.
    Basically, you can't talk about the game without putting in spoiler tags.

Did anyone go to the website that was posted in the game through the hidden message? Eh. If you did'nt figure it out.. shibito.com/e/p_2_hp.html

Lastly, true horror game fans would'nt care if the game was good or bad, as long as it'snt as bad as Resident Evil 3 through current.

WARNING

POSTS BY NINETEENTH CONTAIN OFFENSIVE, DISPICIBLE, AND ABSURD CONTENT THAT IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL AND TOO AWESOME FOR ACTUAL MESSAGEBOARDS. KEEP NINETEENTH OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NINETEENTH MAY CAUSE CANCER
    HEY LOOK I FINALLY UPDATED THIS AFTER 5 YEARS. DO NOT ASK ABOUT MY REP. YOU WERE NOT HERE WHEN DID THAT AND IT'S A LONG STORY.
    IF SWALLOWED CONTACT A MORTICIAN.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

Forbidden Siren? I rented it ages ago. Didn't find it that interesting.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

is on the wander ^^ VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2006 10:10 AM
    Threads

well, though it's a bit annoying and tiring and repeated play, but I find this kinda fun. Well, maybe I have weird taste...
    I like the link system and the sightjack's interesting
    the real system make it goes nicer [though MGS's far better in this aspect]
    well, after al the personal story's what make me like it best

Senior Member Hero is on a distinguished road Hero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2006 10:39 AM
    Threads

So Is this game out still and where would you recommend me getting it from?
    I shall not lie while I am a member of this site, I shall protect those that are weaker than myself, I shall not stand by and watch those who can not defend themself be harmed by the power of the wicked, May God grant me the strength to maintain order and may his light shine upon us.

Army and family moved to Journal.

Closed Thread

Thread Information