AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Have anti smoking commercials gone on too long

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 01:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Have anti smoking commercials gone on too long

Ok, I am trying to quit smoking since I would like to live a healthy life, and I see all these advertisements on TV that help you to quit. Which to me if fine, its all fine to try and help someone quit. But the commercials that flame cigarette companies should not be allowed in my opinion. Cig companies were banned from making commercials on television, to try and stop people from smoking. But they are a company that sales legal items, and should not have other people airing the fact that they are harmful or that they can kill people, when it says it on the damn label. If people can't read simple warnings, it should not be the cigarette company's fault for what happens. I know its mean, and in reality, it is doing america a favor. But if cig companies aren't allowed to promote themselves, why should be able to turn around and hit the company's harder. The warnings outta be enough, and if its not, thats america for you. What do you think?

Ignorant by Default ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I just don't pay attention to any measure of quitting thats advertised. They didn't do crap for me.

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

LMAO, same here bro.

Member MizuKage13 is on a distinguished road MizuKage13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2006 05:10 AM
    Threads

Yeah the retarted commercials have gone on to long! in fact, I think everyone's had enough of the stupid commercials!
    Asuka:Hurry up!

Shinji:Oww, You can be sucha pain in the ass sometimes! Is this what happens when you start your period?

Asuka:What? What was that?

Slap!

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can't stand cigarettes or any other kind of "smoke" for a variety of good reasons (not the least of which is from parents smoking while pregnant... I'm a little bit 'non-symetrical' thanks to that....) but really, these commercials kinda of cross the line. The exagerated pictures and whatnot of results of smoking were ok, but now they are just taking cheap shots at every turn they get. I think the companies should try to sue these people for slander.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The Freedom of Speach right would conflict with that a little bit, so I'm not sure that would work. Because for the sole fact they do not mention the names of any cigarette company. But the product in general should either be allowed to promote again, or have the people bad mouthing the companies back off. You can't have your cake and eat it to(although when I stop and look at that quote, what the hell is the use of having a cake if you can't eat it, kinda makes you sit there starving, craving the cake, but oh well, you get the picture)

Senior Member SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2 has a reputation beyond repute SaceGolem2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2010 11:11 PM
    Threads

You know what, you raise a vaild point. Although I believe the reason why they don't have cig commercials, is the same reason they don't have alcohol commercials...To stop underage drinking and smoking. Just like most of the anti-cig commercials, those are aimed at kids and not adults.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I think that the people sueing tobacco companies are stupid. People die from smoking cigarettes. That should be obvious and those damnable TV commericals aren't nescessary. Sueing a cigarette company is like sueing Playboy because you hurt your wrist.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Born to Die... Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2006 12:41 PM
    in a pile of clothes to the left of the chair in the living room
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anime is poison
    Ok, I am trying to quit smoking since I would like to live a healthy life, and I see all these advertisements on TV that help you to quit. Which to me if fine, its all fine to try and help someone quit. But the commercials that flame cigarette companies should not be allowed in my opinion. Cig companies were banned from making commercials on television, to try and stop people from smoking. But they are a company that sales legal items, and should not have other people airing the fact that they are harmful or that they can kill people, when it says it on the damn label. If people can't read simple warnings, it should not be the cigarette company's fault for what happens. I know its mean, and in reality, it is doing america a favor. But if cig companies aren't allowed to promote themselves, why should be able to turn around and hit the company's harder. The warnings outta be enough, and if its not, thats america for you. What do you think?
    i'm all the way for your opinion except for the quit smoking advertisments...one their annoying and two hardly anyone listens to them and three it's non of their business that u you smoke...so stop burning people for smoking...maybe you don't want to live a long life in a nursing home.
    catch the silver bullet and paint it into the sky
    Gott Wei3 ich will kein Engel sein

*FAMILY*
    ILEGALY IN LOVE W/ COUSIN: Dyne
    RANDOM FRIEND: Nerveya
    SNAZY LIL SIS: Fatality
    HORNY PET TIGER: HEAVENSPHEONIX
    ADORABLE LIL SIS: Petit Angel
    FRIEND: sanokidsasuke
    LONG LOST BRO: †NeؤKnÍghtwØlf†
    CRAZY BIG BRO: Dark Sephiroth

Senior Member paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android is a splendid one to behold paranoid android's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2005 04:22 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SaceGolem2
    You know what, you raise a vaild point. Although I believe the reason why they don't have cig commercials, is the same reason they don't have alcohol commercials...To stop underage drinking and smoking. Just like most of the anti-cig commercials, those are aimed at kids and not adults.
    But they do have alcohol commercials. Just watch any football game and every other commercial is for Budweiser. And not allowing cigarette to me is a little harsh if they get alcohol and anti-smoking.

Roll footage of kids tabogganing
    I'm...

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My parents own a tobacco store, and those commercials do not even bother me if they help people not smoke.
    -TWM-

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You know what? I'm sick and tired of seeing people DYING because they once smoked like a chimney and now suffer repercussions. If the commercials help that in the least of ways, I'm all for it.

And no, I don't think the label says it all. In some countries, maybe ("SMOKING KILLS" in Australia, for example). But I live in the states, where it's only something like, "Surgeon General Warning: Smoking may cause cancer." Or somesuch weaseling. It's sick.

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To each his own. If they want to smoke, they know what they are doing to themselves. It doesn't bother me. oO' My grandmother died from lung cancer. I was with her in her death bed, and trust me, they used this TUBE to suck out nothing but tar, it was sick.

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

anything that will let me to be relying on it, i would never do it, drugs smoke ect ect, you don't need smoke to let the stress out smoke only hides the stress.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Squiglyspooch! Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven has a reputation beyond repute Raven's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 07:26 PM
    Threads

I don't smoke, but I am sick of these commercials. They are no longer original, and they are REALLY annoying! Its not the company's fault for killing off people, let them do as they please. This nation just needs to stop being so sue-happy.

(and I don't smoke b/c of health reasons, nor do i care about the health of others. It's the money!! Dang, if one didn't smoke, think of all the money they'd save! New games, clothes, food, the rent!)

/
    /
    Wanna know what goes on in my head? Check out my arts, yo:
    /

Living In Purgatory PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku has a reputation beyond repute PugznRoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2008 01:17 PM
    Threads

Here in Britian cig boxes have stuff like 'smoking causes cancer' and 'smoking during pregancy is bad for a baby'. The anti smoking commercials here are disgusting, they show some person forcing fat out of an artery. My opinion is, they're useless, they want people to stop smoking but won't close down the companies because the money people use to buy cigs goes towards taxes. 'nough said!
    Member since 2005...Honest!
    DS Friend Code: 386665731897
    For Final Fantasy III
    The Bunch Of College Idiots Are Based In Huddersfield Technical College, UK; Click Here To See What We Get Up To When The Tutors Aren't Watching!

Senior Member ~Dagger is an unknown quantity at this point ~Dagger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2009 12:39 PM
    Threads

Anti-smoking commercials never work I see no point in them. WHen people watch them all they see is smoke.
    Let light shine from the darkest shadows.leaving nothing in distress.Let me lead you to a better tomorrow,just grab my hand and never let go.

~Riu Hirigata~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I think "smoking can cause cancer" is a clear enough message to me. They can't spell it out any clearer. People basically want companies to put a big black skull on the labels and say "these will kill you if you smoke them", and I guarantee smokers will still smoke them, cuz they choose to. These commericials just state what schools, health books, doctors, and family members tell you from when your young til, your older, not to mention they make you lose your lunch with all the disgusting features they show on there. I just wanna scream at the TV and say "WE KNOW ALREADY, NOW SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!"

Phantom Thief Dark Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark is infamous around these parts Kaitou Dark's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2006 12:16 AM
    In the middle of freakin nowhere...seriously
    Threads

Those commericals suck i smoke so i dont listen to them it tastes good and there just stupid they need to die
    http://s1.bitefight.org/*************58159
    http://z10.************.com/MidnightSanctuary/
    Please go to and check out my site. I just made it so I dont know if you will like it.

(\_/)
    (o.O)
    (> <) This is bunny.Copy Bunny in to your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    Owner:Luxa II

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

Sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. It reminds me how my Grandma used to buy my uncle cigs when he was a teenager, because she knew he smoked. They want people to stop being stupid and stop smoking. It reminds me of when I went to New Orleans and in a lot of the restaurants, and see as how my throat is screwed up, and nose was stuffed, I could barely breathe, because people were smoking everywhere, plus, it hurts anyways, and it smells bad. I know they go overboard, but people also need to learn to be smarter.

0.o They DO have alcohol commercials.

Closed Thread

Thread Information