AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Japanese word(s)?

The Raven's Daughter *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2007 04:39 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

my fave jap words????? here they are!!!

tomodachi--- a friend..... who could live without them???
    akai------ red..... BLOOD color is good!
    yuurei---- ghosts.... yipee!!!
    sensei---- a master or teacher
    onegai---- thank you's are important
    taki----- waterfall...... so calming
    kage---- shadow!
    I'm the princess of darkness...
    Black Rain

The Prelude of Darkness Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix is infamous around these parts Rose Pheonix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2006 06:59 AM
    Threads

Cool thread^^ Well uh...
    Yuki=snow
    Rei=cool
    Kaze=breeze/wind
    Daisuke=to like
    Kirei=pretty
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~AKA Silverwind3~~~~~~~~~~~~

Siggy made by Rikkiu58505 <33

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by AbbA// aka EvaŽ
    my question for somebody who reads this.. if you know the kanji of these words or something? would you like to help me out of the japanese writing for these words? <3 I would rep you for sure this time ^__^ ?
    What words do you know the kanji for? I would recommend learning hiragana and katakana before getting into kanji. it's more practical, and will also be good for writing and pronounciation practice.

あきこさん: 漢字のほうが楽しいよねぇ~。:P
    Last edited by MistressPookyChan; 12-09-2005 at 08:20 AM.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Member Eichikun is on a distinguished road Eichikun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2007 12:11 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    Yeah you guys clearly don't understand what I'm saying, learning 6 different words doesn't mean you're learning the language. If you are actually taking steps towards real mastery of the language that's great but i doubt any one here is. And think about this how many of these morons would walk around saying kawaii if they didn't watch anime? I rest my case.
    I am taking steps towards real mastery of Japanese. You don't have to watch anime to know or like anime. I started taking Japanese in school before I started to watch anime. It all depends on if you actually want to learn the languafe not how much anime you watch or manga you read.

My favorite Japanese words are:
    baka - stupid
    aishiteru - I love you
    okaasan / haha - mother

kiNkIE Of The Month EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ has a reputation beyond repute EvaŽ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 06:29 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan
    What words do you know the kanji for? I would recommend learning hiragana and katakana before getting into kanji. it's more practical, and will also be good for writing and pronounciation practice.

Yea your right.. but I was busy with school this week and I got some kanji words.. just 40 words or something.. so not that much anyways.. but I think its a cool way to get through boring classes XD, hihi :')

Okay I'm going to look at the hiragana ''table'' every day from now on ^^ to get it stuck forever in my head ^_^;; so let me start with translation your hiragana

Okay let's see *gets my hiragana ''table''.. >_> don't know how to call it:

あ き こ さ ん: 漢字のほうがしいよねぇ~。:P
    a ki ko sa n : ? ? no ho u ga
    ? shi i yo ne ? ? . :P

hihi .. well I think I need more practise.. and I don't have an idea what this means >< .. but I do know confusing srikes once again at me .. because I had this table of a member around here too .. sorry forogt your name..v_v .. but that ''table'' had these writing in it though I have a book where it's slidely diffrent X_X I mean .. for instance ki my book has something that I can't even type O_O .. damn .. that's strange well Unknown person <3 thanks for the table because I' m going nuts because of my book X_X
    *pokes MistressPookyChan* thank you for reading my reply's (:

-edit-

akiko_kalla helped me !! :')
    Last edited by EvaŽ; 12-09-2005 at 09:34 AM.
    ::: sig made by TWM.. :::

Member cjm is on a distinguished road cjm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2006 02:21 PM
    Threads

my favorite words in japanese are:
    rei=cool
    baka=stupid
    yuki=snow

sig made by Nespa

(\_/)
    (o.O)
    (> <) This is bunny.Copy Bunny in to your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Yeah you guys clearly don't understand what I'm saying, learning 6 different words doesn't mean you're learning the language. If you are actually taking steps towards real mastery of the language that's great but i doubt any one here is. And think about this how many of these morons would walk around saying kawaii if they didn't watch anime? I rest my case.
    i aggree with eichikun on this 1... japan has more culture than just anime...

and by "actually taking steps..." do you mean taking classes?

frankly, i dont want to make something as fun as learning about the japanese culture a JOB...

ofc the first words ppl will learn are things like baka... get used to it... its like that with all languages!

every single american i have ever seen "speak" french said "Bonjour, je m'appel X. Comment allez-vous?" ... is it annoying? yes. does it matter?

no.

dont be so quick as to jump to generalistic conclusions.
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
    every single american i have ever seen "speak" french said "Bonjour, je m'appel X. Comment allez-vous?" ... is it annoying? yes. does it matter?
    It wouldn't be so annoying if they pronounced it properly. ^_~ Oh and with the right teacher, learning about the Japanese language and cultuer is fun and not like a job...but finding the right teacher can be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressPookyChan

I strongly agree, worry about kanji later...trust us, you have a whole mountain of kanji to learn, so don't tackle it until you're ready. It's not going anywhere. Besides, you need the foundation in the language in culture before you learn kanji...it will help and without it you'll probably miss things.

ミストレスプーキさん: 漢字は読みことが好きですが、書きにくいと思います。 でもとても楽 しいですね!
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

OK, all this reading about proper Japanese spelling and grammar & pronounciation is making my head hurt. It's cool, but it's killing me.

My favorite word (aside from Baka, of course) is (probably gonna spell it wrong, sorry) nanda. I just love the way it's said when the person is really surprised.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akiko_kalla
    It wouldn't be so annoying if they pronounced it properly. ^_~ Oh and with the right teacher, learning about the Japanese language and cultuer is fun and not like a job...but finding the right teacher can be difficult.
    bah... i tend to learn better on my own... if im interested in something, ill read about it for hours on end... hell... i read a 29 page article about the origins of the guitar just for the hell of it... (thank god for speed reading! otherwise it would've taken for ever lol)

I strongly agree, worry about kanji later...trust us, you have a whole mountain of kanji to learn, so don't tackle it until you're ready. It's not going anywhere. Besides, you need the foundation in the language in culture before you learn kanji...it will help and without it you'll probably miss things.

ミストレスプーキさん: 漢字は読みことが好きですが、書きにくいと思います。 でもとても楽 しいですね!
    isnt hiragana the simplefied kanji?

uhm... you know that "shakespearian-ish" way of talking... you know... that puppeteer guy... what is that called?

I <3 Anime In My Sig! Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao has a reputation beyond repute Chibi Misao's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2008 11:33 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

"Mamoteiru" = Protect

Lol that word just makes me all warm and fuzzy...especially when a hott guy says it <3<3

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

My fav thing to say at the end of December.

"皆様の御健康をお祈り申し上げます。"

Wishing everyone good health^^;

btw Akiko, this is my name in kanji.

亜希

Last edited by -akichan-; 12-10-2005 at 12:06 AM.

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
    isnt hiragana the simplefied kanji?

uhm... you know that "shakespearian-ish" way of talking... you know... that puppeteer guy... what is that called?
    Hiragana is taken from kanji yes, but it is their syllabry. There is also katakana which is the same thing but used for non chinese origin words. The hiragana was--if I remember correctly--derived when women simplified the kanji in letters. But it hardly looks like kanji anymore and in fact へ my teacher couldn't really explain how it evolved. But now it is used (stupid English has no real word for syllabry) as pronounciation in furigana and for grammatical parts such as subject markers, topic markers, conjugations, etc. It's not really used as a replacement for kanji, it's kind of like an alphabet; you learn hiragana first and then the real words in kanji. They did simplify some kanji which is why sometimes it looks a little different. Sometimes it even has a different meaning, but usually you can see how it's related.

I'm not sure what you mean by shakesperain way of talking and a puppeteer...

亜希 さん:  私は秋子と申します。  (Even if it is just a nickname)
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah pplz thought my name in kanji was 秋子 but its actually 亜希子.^^;

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

君が望む永遠

<3
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by akiko_kalla
    Hiragana is taken from kanji yes, but it is their syllabry. There is also katakana which is the same thing but used for non chinese origin words. The hiragana was--if I remember correctly--derived when women simplified the kanji in letters. But it hardly looks like kanji anymore and in fact へ my teacher couldn't really explain how it evolved. But now it is used (stupid English has no real word for syllabry) as pronounciation in furigana and for grammatical parts such as subject markers, topic markers, conjugations, etc. It's not really used as a replacement for kanji, it's kind of like an alphabet; you learn hiragana first and then the real words in kanji. They did simplify some kanji which is why sometimes it looks a little different. Sometimes it even has a different meaning, but usually you can see how it's related.

I'm not sure what you mean by shakesperain way of talking and a puppeteer...

亜希 さん:  私は秋子と申します。  (Even if it is just a nickname)
    ok... cuz i keep hearing about simplefied and classic japanese... its really confusing lol

uhm... for the puppeteer thing... its some famous playwriter that lived hundreds of years ago... but all his plays were done with puppets... i know im vague... sry...

Konohas half-demon *Sakura will become famous soon enough *Sakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2006 08:25 PM
    Threads

oh yeah, heres some more...
    well this is japanese right??
    kakashi hatake- the sexiest ninja ever!
    inuyasha-the kawaiiest half demon....
    lol!!
    sig--bluefox-chan !
    inuyasha and
    naruto rule!!!!!

my family is in my journal, pm me if u want in (^_^)

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by [BlackDeath]
    君が望む永遠

<3
    nice one hahahahaha xDDDDD

亜希の最後戦場!!!!

utterly random person Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™ has a reputation beyond repute Hikey™'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2008 05:33 PM
    Threads

well mine is, BAKA-stupid. it's what my friends call me by! XD

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hiku, i guess the words in your siggie would be my fav of the month!!!

亜希=セブン
    モンキ=ガック
    ヒク=バルド

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

neko:cat
    arigatou:thank you
    inu:dog
    mizuki:beautiful moon
    kawaii:cute

These are about the only words I know.^_^;
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

words of the moment:

bakushu ~ beer
    kouhii ~ coffee
    meiun ~ DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
    otsu ~ spicy

Procrastinator Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish has a reputation beyond repute Fetal Fetish's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 01:04 AM
    Threads

i know more words and I just had one come in mind!

pan pan:clap clap
    Check out my DA:
    http://snickeringdoodles.deviantart.com/

And my Photobucket:
    http://s54.photobucket.com/home/TokyoMiko/index

And my Gaia username is Fetal Fetish.

See you guys around~

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

My personal favorite is Hentai.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ペコペコ!!!!!

Means hungry xDDDD

Closed Thread

Thread Information