AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Your new content manager; note

Junior Member thedigitalsin is on a distinguished road thedigitalsin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-02-2006 12:21 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Your new content manager; note

I'm the new guy who judges whether or not your submissions make it on the page. I was referred by jupe (the previous content manager), and was given the task of accepting/rejecting wallpapers. I was handed the job back in early September, and was given the task of looking at a backlog 2500 emails dating back to November 2004. Some of these were actual submissions. Some of them were not.

You can imagine how fun that was.

In any case, just to let you know, I am nearly caught up. Accepted submissions are currently being uploaded, though the server has been slow lately, so it will take some time. About 200 submissions from November 2004 through October 14th, 2005 have been definitely accepted at the moment (definite accepted submissions are referred to as the "yes" pile), with another 260 emails to get another look at them to see whether or not they will make the cut (these are referred to as the "maybe" pile). Everybody else was either rejected (the "no" pile) or it was spam.

Now, getting to my point: I sent an email to most everybody that was rejected (I have not done so for any rejected wallpapers submitted from October 6th, 2005 onward, but I will as soon as the "yes" pile is finished). This email that I sent out was a basic email explaining why there was a delay in response and possible reasons why their wallpaper may have been rejected; a mass letter written for 1100 recipients. This was done to save me time.

And it blew up in my face a bit.

In the rejection mass email, I stated "your wallpaper has been rejected for one/several of the following reasons," which included anything from a "lack in quality" to "wrong resolution" to "blatantly stolen wallpapers/wallpapers that were not created by the person submitting them to this site." Unfortunately, people did not understand that not all reasons that I listed apply to the rejection of their wallpaper(s) and have thus sent me emails defending themselves against accusations of theft. I have gotten over a hundred of these letters, and it has been taking away from my time to finish getting the site up to speed on submissions, as I have to reply to these folk and point out that not everything listed in the email applies to their wallpaper.

Anyway, tl;dr version: if you submitted a wallpaper from late November 2004 through October 5th, 2005 and got a rejection letter, keep in mind that the email was written with 1100+ people in mind, and that the reasons I listed may or may not apply to you.

I am writing this so I can refer any more of these emails to this post and not have to deal with writing the same thing over and over again.
    Last edited by thedigitalsin; 10-15-2005 at 05:52 AM.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I read, comply, but... my brain hurts now...
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Banned Forum / Chat TYF00N is an unknown quantity at this point TYF00N's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2005 12:54 PM
    Threads

ZOMG SPAM!!ill kill your rpg char now

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I thought pooky did that...
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Nope, Jupe did. I only added wallpapers during special times such as special submit threads (haven't done it in awhile actually... should do one soon...)

Anyway, welcome to the family digisin. If you need help with the work, let me know. I should still have access to the stuff.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Professor yotsuba-chan has a spectacular aura about yotsuba-chan has a spectacular aura about yotsuba-chan has a spectacular aura about yotsuba-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2007 09:46 AM
    Threads

the people on this forum arene't used to getting that much in the way of a post and more in the way of an image. please take it to the general.
    I PROTEST SIGNATURE GALLERIES!
    yotsuba-chan heil

Member Cervan is on a distinguished road Cervan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2006 11:26 PM
    Threads

wow very complicated alot of people come to this site i guesss

this is a bunnie coppie and paste him into your signature to help him dance to world domination!

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

He is talking about AnimeWallpapers.com. AW.com consists of 3 main workers:
    1) Pmak - owner and admin. does all the webpage stuff
    2) MistressPooky - forum mod, occassional wallpaper-adder and content-checker
    3) thedigitalsin (formerly Jupe) - content manager

The site's forum is on animeforum.com. Hard to get the two confused, I'm sure. So, thedigitalsin posted the AW news in the AW forum.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

The Poikylotechne akachan will become famous soon enough akachan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 10:40 AM
    italy...I'm a train-addicted, I live both near Milan and near Rome...
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thank you thedigitalsin for your hard work, I guess You're very tired ^___^.

thank you again

Pook would you tell us when there'll be another submission time? I've not sent wallpapers for a while on AW ^__^ but I've got some ^^ ehe
    **Illuminated Spirits member**
    rem tene, verba sequentur (Cato)

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thanks for the hard work digi, and welcome to AW . Hopefully we'll get to see you around a bit more often after you're done with that huge backlog o.o Always great to have more people to talk to on the forums ^^

Closed Thread

Thread Information