AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The weirdness of religion

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The weirdness of religion

Ok who here is astonidhed by the or confused by the christian belief. I for one am confused. I mean lots of it looks possible but i don't know. Like i believe in God and jesus and heaven but the other stuff is just to hard to explain. Genesis 1:1 god created the heavens and the earth in 7 days. I believe that god created it because the question is what created what, but then what created God? I found a passage explaining it and it says that God just is? What? Don't get me wrong but that's very weird in a way. Then the Bible. Pretty confusing stuff. I think Job they mention a sea monster named Leviathan the sea monster with blazing yellow eyes. What does that sound like. Loch Ness monster. that's a guess. But then there was another sea monster named Rhab a giant crab? The christaian religion is very confusing but i guess i always find a sence of comphort when i think of it.

~Let Me Be Your Wings~ Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes is a glorious beacon of light Angel~Eyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2008 10:07 AM
    Threads

Well, as far as my opinion goes...actually I guess I really don't have one. I am not Christian or Catholic, and to be honest the Christian belief does not confuse me because I really do not pay that much attention to it. I am not trying to be rude or anything, but Christianity is not solely what I believe, so I really can't say it is confusing because I have nothing to base it on. However, I think all religions have something that is going to be confusing to others...especially if you do not practice a particular such religion. I do have a certain respect for other religions, but my beliefs are just that, my beliefs and if someone finds it confusing I just smile and nod and say, yes maybe to you, but not to me ^_~

Luv Angel Eyes

P.S. My apologies if I offended anyone. It was not my intention ^^
    Angel Eyes=Huggle Faerie (Need a huggle? Just ask)~Loving Fiance~PM's Lil' Darling~Crazed & obsessed Anime/Manga Fanatic~Tea drinker extradordinaire
    ^_^ ^_~ =^_^=
    Look~Listen~Laugh~Love~Smile

Quote~"I turned him into a cat, I am so sorry!"~Torhu;Fruits Basket
    Quote~"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"~ Adam;Mythbusters

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

it's ok you didn't affend what i said. Personally i like what you said. I like to here people's opinions Thanks

The Raven's Daughter *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2007 04:39 AM
    Threads

there's no such thing as a weird religion. you should learn to respect other people's beliefs...
    I'm the princess of darkness...
    Black Rain

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i do respect others religions. The reson why i posted this is because i've always wondered about MY religion. I'm not saying other peoples religions are weird. maybe i should have thought of the title a bit longer
    Last edited by zodiak; 10-08-2005 at 01:07 AM.

The Raven's Daughter *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah* is a name known to all *ms.azrah*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2007 04:39 AM
    Threads

oh, ok.^_^ but then again, if you have strong faith in God, you wouldn't ask those things at all........
    I'm the princess of darkness...
    Black Rain

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

btu then again you have to wonder. Haven't you've ever wondered about that. Liek why your here. I guess i'm just going through that fase and I'll grow out of it.

darkness's slave Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2006 01:58 AM
    Threads

as a christian i really dont give a crap for religon god has done me no favors and its seems damn well like he doesnt exsist and if he does he can kiss my [removed]
    Last edited by Kewii; 10-08-2005 at 08:23 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yah. I see how you do not favor god but how bought this when we all die we'll see the biggest question that has been asked for a long time. Okay.

darkness's slave Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire is infamous around these parts Saphire's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2006 01:58 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    yah. I see how you do not favor god but how bought this when we all die we'll see the biggest question that has been asked for a long time. Okay.
    when u die you rotten in the ground
    the secert is how long will it take you to desinigrate?
    oh and your soul, well your soul either doesnt exsist either or you wonder around earth for all eterinty thinking your alive.....

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Sure, I believe in God and whatnot. Afterlife is always a plus in my book. What I don't believe is the image religious groups make Him out to be. I don't think He's an uptight [removed]. He's all-knowing! Why be uptight? And He won't give out free cars for every good deed you do, but won't send you flowers when your loved ones die.

He is not conceited like the major religions depict Him to be. He didn't create the human race to worship Him. It's not like if you don't bow down to Him, you'll go to hell. That'd be unfair. As long as you try to lead a good life and snuff like that, you can get into heaven.

That's the gest of what I think of it all.
    Last edited by Kewii; 10-08-2005 at 08:22 AM.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

OK guys,

normally we don't allow religious discussions because they get out of hand easily. But I'm going to give this a shot and it's on a one-strike rule. So be polite and don't swear anymore. I'm editing the earlier posts, but not any others.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Saphire
    as a christian i really dont give a crap for religon god has done me no favors and its seems damn well like he doesnt exsist and if he does he can kiss my [removed]
    Ah, yes. Religion is all about "I and Me", after all.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Deranged Silenus BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2005 05:49 AM
    Threads

OK, I admit, I don't know much about what it says in the Bible.
    I do know that things are never what they seem at first.
    God is, period. It's beyond our mortal minds to try to grasp that.
    As for the rather cryptic passages in the Bible... I'm not sure. They are there for a reason, we just haven't found out what that reason is yet.

The original Burger King katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor is a jewel in the rough katrina_survivor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2005 09:49 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sensei22
    oh, ok.^_^ but then again, if you have strong faith in God, you wouldn't ask those things at all........
    Well, let's see where your theory fails, ummmmm............ oh yeah, I know. THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOUR RELIGION. PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS THEY WANT WITHOUT HAVING PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAY THAT THEY ARE HEATHENS! SO BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT RESPECTING OTHER RELIGIONS, LEARN TO DO IT YOURSELF.
    Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive.........Write that down.

Little Sister: *insertjapanesenamehere*
    Twin Sister: Catskill888
    Mother: Draconocturn
    Cousin:.::CrazyBabey::.
    Little Brother: Kagome's Stalker

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Threads

im muslim and things are clear for me but still have similar question though, and god also said don't dwell for me the more you search the longer the distance become between you and gos.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Deranged Silenus BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune is infamous around these parts BloodyRamune's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by katrina_survivor
    Well, let's see where your theory fails, ummmmm............ oh yeah, I know. THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND YOUR RELIGION. PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS THEY WANT WITHOUT HAVING PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAY THAT THEY ARE HEATHENS! SO BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT RESPECTING OTHER RELIGIONS, LEARN TO DO IT YOURSELF.
    Heavens sake, stop fighting!
    But then again, we have the right to express our opinions, even though others might not agree to them.

god also said don't dwell for me the more you search the longer the distance become between you and gos.
    Some things are better left undiscovered. But it's in our nature to be inquisitive.
    If God didn't want us to ask questions, then He wouldn't have made us the way we are.
    I think God wants us to understand him...
    In a way...

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Heh, this is why I don't have a religion. I find it hard to put all my faith into something that's not .. justified ... or, at least I don't find it justified. It's not that I don't believe in God (I believe in a higher power), I just ... don't understand alot of what drives overly-religious people. =\

And (this is an OPINION) I think if you grow up with a very strict religion, you grow up narrow-minded in a way. You go through life not being as open-minded and not able to look at things in different perspectives. Call me strange, but I think being able to experience all aspects of things is a key to learning and knowledge. Overall knowledge. If that .. makes any sense. ><

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Do not flame, you will get this closed.
    Klutz is being gracious in allowing it to be opened, I would have closed it on first site, do not bait, flame, or swear or it will end up closed.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRamune

Some things are better left undiscovered. But it's in our nature to be inquisitive.
    If God didn't want us to ask questions, then He wouldn't have made us the way we are.
    I think God wants us to understand him...
    In a way...
    well he didn't said not to dwell he said don't dwell too much.

it is sweet

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

okay basically this was posted so people could talk about some of the troubles or questions about there religion. thats all And i'm not making fun of any one's religion.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by keitaru-san
    well he didn't said not to dwell he said don't dwell too much.
    Who can stop once they've crossed the threshold? I know I couldn't.

Senior Member Feenie is on a distinguished road Feenie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 08:09 PM
    Threads

Personally... I'm a Christian. If you really wanna know more and possibly learn to understand some of it... my suggestion is to find your local pastor's house and talk to him. And I mean any sect of the church will do, be it a Catholic minister or a protestant one... protestant btw is a different name for the Reformed Church... a bit less abrassive than the Catholic.

PLEASE DONT ASK ABOUT THE NAME.

Family is in my Journal

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRamune
    Who can stop once they've crossed the threshold? I know I couldn't.
    hmmm reminds me of scientist, they always go logical but when they can't find an answer for it they deny it, they say god don't exist cuase they can't proof of any evidence, well lets see we do dreams but what is the dream, how we dream if they answer this quetion then i'll listen to them hehehe.

it is sweet

back to the old Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai has a reputation beyond repute Wandering Samurai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 07:54 PM
    Threads

Ok who here is astonidhed by the or confused by the christian belief. I for one am confused. I mean lots of it looks possible but i don't know. Like i believe in God and jesus and heaven but the other stuff is just to hard to explain. Genesis 1:1 god created the heavens and the earth in 7 days. I believe that god created it because the question is what created what, but then what created God? I found a passage explaining it and it says that God just is? What? Don't get me wrong but that's very weird in a way. Then the Bible. Pretty confusing stuff. I think Job they mention a sea monster named Leviathan the sea monster with blazing yellow eyes. What does that sound like. Loch Ness monster. that's a guess. But then there was another sea monster named Rhab a giant crab? The christaian religion is very confusing but i guess i always find a sence of comphort when i think of it.
    hmm well god is the infanite creator so he just existed. the leviathan is roughly transelated from the greek langue to alagator. The reason the bible is so confusing is because you must think as they did when the bible it self was made.

Closed Thread

Thread Information