AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you like an Anime based off Final Fantasy VII?

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2007 08:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Would you like an Anime based off Final Fantasy VII?

I think it would be a fairly good idea actually, but allow me to elaborate...

After seeing Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, I was blown away. Such master as that, comes around oh so rarely. The plot and story of FFVII was adapted quite well into a movie format. Shortly after that, I saw Final Fantasy VII: Last Order, the Anime OVA surrounding Zack, Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, and the events in Nibelheim. It was sruprsiginly well done. I think that if FFVII Last Order is any indication, and FFVII Anime would profit quite well. Not to mention the legions rabid FFVII fans who would worship it.
    Final Fantasy forayed into Anime before, but in both cases, the results were less than stellar. The first being Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals, or some such thing. It was a four episode OVA that took place 200 Years after the events of Final Fantasy V. It was entertaining, and an interesting distraction, but it lacked the epic nature that the Final Fantasy series is famous for. The second attempt being Final Fantasy Unlimited. It was good, it had interesting characters. Well, two interesting characters I should say. It was, however, again lacking in the epic department. It was funny, and at times quite cool. You can thank Kaze for that. Still, it was not quite worthy of the Final Fantasy name.

So I think that if Square-Enix did finance an Anime that chronicled the events of Final Fantasy VII, it would be a fine addition to the final fantasy name.
    I also think that an Anime of Final Fantasy VI would be quite excellent.
    Mankind's greatest achievment? Dragonball Z. Bar none.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

I really didn't like Last Order...

And the way last Order went, I'mnot sure if they should make a series of FFVII...

In Last Order they changed a few things... It wasn't full-on accurate...

Here are a couple of changes that I noticed...

FFVII: Seph kills Tifa's father inside the reactor.
    LO: Seph kills him outside...

FFVII: Cloud gets stabbed and throws Seph into the reactor core....
    LO: Cloud gets stabbed adn throws Seph into a wall tehn Seph jumps into the reactor core...

FFVII: Zack gives Cloud clothes to wear after they escape..
    LO: Cloud is wearing his own clothes... And Zack protects Cloud from getting shot in the truck...

Alot of the changes were small.. But ALOT of things were changed or altered...

If they were to make an entire series, it could quite possibly ruin the story of FFVII... If they alter the story of FFVII as much as Last Order altered Cloud and Zacks past, then it would totally mess up everything...

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Well, I have to say this. The plot of Advent Children was weak. It was not at all the focus of the movie, by any means. This movie was just as enjoyable in complete Japanese, with no subtitles, as it was with subtitles where I knew what was going on.

I loved the movie. It was incredibly well-made. The music was awesome, the animation was absolutely gorgeous, and the fight scenes were impressive. But the story was far too weak for it to be made into an anime. Personally, I don't think it would work.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

The Cold Saint Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana is a name known to all Saint Mana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Alas, it is too bad that you disagree with me. I for one loved the plot of the Advent Children, but that is not what this thread is about.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions though, but I think that given the right touch, it could be good anime.
    As for the changes in Last Order, they were so minor it was insignificant. In fact I thought that Last Order protrayed it better then FFVII did. That is my opinon though.

.k.i.s.S. japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 01:56 AM
    Threads

yupyup!~ why would you make one?! peace out okie?!

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I don't think some are very minor....

Cloud killing Sephiroth and Sephiroth commiting suicide are very big differences... VERY BIG... In my opinion anyways... You can go ahead and think it was minor... o.O;;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

By what do you mean, suicide?
    Sephiroth was not killed in that incident.

At any rate, yes, the changes were not that minor, but I thought they were welcome changes. I simply liked how the events flowed together in Last Order.
    This is my opinion however, and I have no intention to argue opinions, that is pointless.

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wow... *Spoilers?*

Yes he was killed in that incident... That was the first time he died...

If you payed attention to the game you would know that just about the entire game Sephiroth was dead... Sephiroth travelling and stuff... That wasn't him... That was a projection of him... The entire time he was on top of the Northern Crater area... Being remade... Thus the whole, "Reunion" thing... They wouldn't have needed a reunion if Sephiroth didn't die back in the Nibelhiem Reactor...

So basically its this....

Seph being killed by Cloud... is changed to Seph commiting suicide...

It's your choice if you think that's really a minor thing... But I think there's a huge difference...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Your points are valid, and I am fully aware of everything you said.
    The error between our agrrement lies in my perception of death.
    I see death as the complete destruction and dissapearance of mind, body, and soul. If you believe in souls anyway.
    Sephiroth, according to you, would be considered dead at Nibelheim.
    I see Sephiroth as not dead at that point, but merely in a state of lesser existence.
    So that is why I see the changes as minor, and you see them as less than minor.
    At any rate, I find the whole matter unimportant.
    You, clearly, are a purist in terms of FFVII. Please forgive me if I am incorrect, but this is how you appear to me.
    I on the other hand, am fully open to the expansion an, if necessary, revision of the existing story of FFVII.
    Unfortunately I do not see us coming to an agreement on the matter of FFVII: Last Order, but I do thank you for fully explaining your position and not simply coughing out one liners.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Inuyasha-Sama18 is on a distinguished road Inuyasha-Sama18's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2006 09:42 AM
    Threads

Lightbulb Ffvii

I actually think that it's a good idea.
    Thanks to nespa for my sig.(So Hot!) Yaaay!!!

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic is infamous around these parts Romantic's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2005 02:45 PM
    Threads

No....popular doesn't mean good....I can't stand Final Fantasy 7.

I See You Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze is infamous around these parts Demondaze's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2006 06:26 PM
    Looking for a place to stay since the gates of Oblivion opened on tuesday
    Threads

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I WOULD LOVE AN ANIME BASED ON FFVII, I LOVE FFVII!!!!!
    We are each our own devil, and we make this world our Hell
    If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Wait, what's Last Order and where do I get it?

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well what the crap are they going to do with a FF anime? Retell one of the games? Inspire a new game? Anything new? Wait I just said new in reference to FF. Excuse me while I laugh.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

They could probably get away with retelling the same story, but then you might as well just play the game again. I think they would have to base it on events after Advent Children. But if they do make an anime they probably will just retell the same story from the game but in more detail and try to clear up some of the missing pieces.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Senior Member Angeleon1 is on a distinguished road Angeleon1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2006 09:53 AM
    Threads

That would be kind of cool...
    There is no thought of the day, because today there is no thought!!!!!

Senior Member nega_knives will become famous soon enough nega_knives's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2006 08:03 PM
    Threads

Yea That Would Be Really Cool...

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated
    Well what the crap are they going to do with a FF anime? Retell one of the games? Inspire a new game? Anything new? Wait I just said new in reference to FF. Excuse me while I laugh.
    Obviously you no nothing of Final Fantasy since there have already been quite a few FF animes. Legend of the Crystals, Unlimited, and Last Order was the latest one.

Legend of the Crystals and Unlimited were original stories while Last Order was a retelling of a section of FFVII(The secret cinema) AND has inspired a new game called "Crisis Core"... Which will be coming out for the PSP in the future.

So... to answer your questions, yes to all of them. And if you were trying to be sarcastic, it just blew up in your face. ^_~

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

i wont like it.....instead i would love it a anime based on finalfantasy would be great.^_^

the darkness in the light spireroth_1 can only hope to improve spireroth_1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2006 05:25 PM
    Threads

That Would Be Pretty Cool To Have That.

Genius of Silver Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword has a reputation beyond repute Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2011 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daiblix PSN ID: MillionSword

IF they remake FF7 do ya think they will change it a lot?

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

Naw, it's fine the way it is.
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Senior Member Demon-Ki is a jewel in the rough Demon-Ki is a jewel in the rough Demon-Ki is a jewel in the rough Demon-Ki's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-31-2008 12:50 AM
    Threads

I don't know about a FFVII anime, but I hear that they're seriously considering remaking the game for the next-gen consoles. The Trailer/Demo at E3 (last?) year was unlimited in awesomeness.

I guess an anime could elaborate upon the characters pasts and stuff... that'd be kinda cool.
    "I don't get mad, I just get stabby." -Demon-Ki
    --------------------------------------------
    L'il Sister: Aisu Hinate
    --------------------------------------------

Celestial Guardian Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo is a splendid one to behold Mushrambo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2006 01:13 AM
    In the place beetween light and dark called Twilight
    Threads

Some animes that come from video games are sometimes never that good so I don't know. Like MCS said they alter some stuff from the video game and make new scenes into the anime that end to the same climax. So I'm not really sure yet.....

Member of the Bishie Hunters Clan
    (Owner of Demon Eyes Kyo and Kyoshiro Mibu)

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

I have been imagining what a FFVII based anime would be like. And it just doesnt seem like a good idea to me...i'm thinking it would get jacked up. Like the characters would be retarded, or things would get changed...
    I suppose it wouldnt be to bad though if it was very well made.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Closed Thread

Thread Information