AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: [mod] stop with the ratings

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thumbs down [mod] stop with the ratings

I have been getting enough complaints about this to feel it is necissary to say it...

Quit doing ratings.

What is a rating? This is a rating: I give it 8/10!

Why is this bad? Instead of discussing the wallpaper, people are just giving numbers. Numbers do not mean anything. Comments like "It's nice! 9/10" are pointless. According to the rules of the forum, this is considered spam.

But... how can I tell the artist I like their wallpaper? Tell them what you like about the wall! If you like the font, the colors, the composition; say so. It will also help the artist figure out what CGing techniques work and look good, and which do not.

omg! You are strict! Bad mod, no cookie I have been very lenient about this, but when the regulars of the forum start complaining, I will step up and do something about it. So yes, I am going to be more strict about this rule.

So now you are wondering, what happens? From the date listed for this post, I will be enforcing the no-rating rule. If I see something like "looks nice! 9/10" I will...

1st time) Give you a friendly warning in the post or by PM. I will tell you to elaborate and not to give simple ratings again.

2nd time) I will give you a warning. Simple rating like mentioned above goes under the rule of spamming, and that is what your warning will reflect.

After that, repeat offenders will be delt with more harshly which could include temporary banning from the forum. So please, don't give simple ratings. Help each other out and give good feedback.

Thanks <3

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

That's a roger! I hate it when people just say "omg luv ur work i give 9 wish i could do that bye". I got a lot of those when I started a thread asking what people though of my sig and avatar. People should also stop being lazy and start speaking proper English too. Capitalizing "I" would be nice, but definitely put periods. I can't read posts that don't separate their thoughts. Some abbreviation is fine. Like ppl, lol, w/o, w/e, jk, and omg (if used sparingly). Oh, and 'cause is okay too I guess. Otherwise, write the whole word out! It take like 5 extra seconds, but helps other people understand you beter. Thanks.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I am one of those that hardly capitalizes, so I won't tell people off for lazy writing. That is, unless it is really bad and difficult to read. My main gripe with this thread is the lack of depth in posts.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

How about... we write....

- constructive critisizm
    -helpful hints

then lastly...

"If I were to rate it out of ten I'd give you a ___"

Ehh... <_< I just wont do it... Better to not do it at all, right? Makes it less complicated... ^_^;;

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

That is ok, IF you give some constructive feedback. So far people are doing "nice! 8/10". A rating would only be ok if you did something like...

The wallpaper looks very nice. The color goes well with the character. I also like how you did the clouds and the placement of the birds. I think that you need to work on the extraction of the character and the font. Perhaps try a more cursive font in blue.

8/10
    That is good because it gives feedback (positive and negative) as well as suggestions for improvement. Then, because some people are obsessed with rating, a stupid rating. Honestly though, that number means nothing, but if you feel some need to rate, atleast have reasons to back up your rating.

Pink is the new Pooky

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Actually, I think those ratings are evil - it seems to me that once someone who hasn't read the rules and won't bother to anyway sees the magic numbers X/10, he/she automatically replies with a rating (not a real comment/critique) as if it was a reflex u_u

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I think it is a reflex. It is also a trend that was started in other parts of the AF forums. However, I will not stand for that here because those numbers are, as I said, meaningless. So, I suggest that those people get out of the habit of just entering numbers very quickly if they don't want to be warned.

Pink is the new Pooky

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Agreed. Finally we'll be rid of those annoying ratings XD. They've been bugging me ever since I came to check in a while ago(I dunno, a month maybe?). It's definitely not really helpful to scroll through a bunch of posts containing x/10 ratings. It really doesn't say anything about the wallpaper at all except maybe how much they liked it. No critique, no real comment, that's not what this forum's here for. I'm looking forward to getting back to the nice long more-than-5-word posts of the old days without the ratings

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I would really like to get back to the old days, but maybe without so much flaming. However, I think some people are too nice. If there is something wrong with the wallpaper, just say it. However, give a suggestion on how it would look better. don't hide behind numbers.

Pink is the new Pooky

Closed Thread

Thread Information