AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: How to be a manga/anime artist (for a living)

Junior Member Aqua-Beast is on a distinguished road Aqua-Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2005 11:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How to be a manga/anime artist (for a living)

I was debating on where to put this, but since its art related I taught it would go here (sorry if it dos not belong here) >_<

Well every forum I have been to there was always someone who waned to be a manga or an anime artist... and everytime they started a topic there was a big debate... and people where never suportive... and they where all fighting... and I was all confused so I stayed out of it... XD

Anyways, I have been drawing manga for well over 5 years now... And I think I got good, dont get me wrong I still have allot to learn but I am more than happy with what I can do. And well I have been considering making a living out of it.. (I never said anything to anyone becaus I taught they would laugh at me) anyways... I just want to know, whats the best way to do it? Should I go to an art college? or whats the best way to get known?

I have searched the net for awnsors, and how manga artists com to be and I found nothing... X__x

anyways, plz help get som closure.

Member Eotfofyl is on a distinguished road Eotfofyl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2005 05:47 PM
    Threads

HAHAHAHA jk man jk

Art college is the way to go to improve but to be known make a short ORIGINAL magna and show it to Shonen Jump or sumthing like that and hope for it to be successful among the readers.

anyways take what I said into concideration

Senior Member Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado is infamous around these parts Blazado's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2007 09:07 PM
    Threads

I already know because my brother yunfei has almost finished his own manga. it is called sacred Island.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Basically, get a lot of practice drawing manga.....after that, draw several, short (50 pages or so) manga so you can get down your drawing style.....Then, come up with a concept for a long-term manga, do a lot of character designs, and perfect the plot.....go to a company that produces/publishes manga, and ask an upper-level employee for an interview.....show the interviewer the short manga so he can get a sense of your work and your style....then show him the plans for the long-term manga.....he could either approve of the story and have the company publish for you, or he could reject you(in which case, go to other publishers, and if you get rejected there, come up with a new long-term story and show that to publishing companies)......

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:18 AM
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

Default Updated this one... ^_^

welp you see, you can send your work for a publishing company through mail or website. Just remember to give your best work to them, don't show any work that you don't like. Don't send them too many pin-ups, but send in the manga with panels, so they know that you can do panels well....welp if you need more info about this, i could send it to you. ^_^

If you want to read more about it, i did the first half of the info in my journal. Just click under my sig. ^_^
    Last edited by Taikyo; 07-29-2005 at 08:36 PM.

is on the wander ^^ VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY has much to be proud of VARLY's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2006 10:10 AM
    Threads

ok they hv tell u what u need to do;
    next is to prepare yourself... a real mangaka need to sacrifice tons of their times for creating a good manga [especially for making your living through it; u see, one manga has lots of pages n to finish 1 page completely u need about min. 20 minutes to even 1 full day] n its different if u just make it for hobbies [maybe u can do it in spare time]
    oh, n as mangaka u need to get the appropriate tool [paper n other drawing kits; well, using ordinary ones allright but the result sure is is different]
    n don't forget to update the info on things related to manga n such ^^

Junior Member Aqua-Beast is on a distinguished road Aqua-Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2005 11:01 AM
    Threads

Wowa! @__@ Support! Thats not the reaction other people get...

Thanks, I actualy got allot of ideads from all of you, And I mean... wow!

I am writing all of this down and doing research... @__@

=p Thanks so much! LOL, Omg! I'm so going to draw... XD

Anyways thanks everyone! This has been a great help! =p

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

ok thanks for the info
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Closed Thread

Thread Information