AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: ~Namco X Capcom Thread~

: azure dreamer : Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2006 09:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default ~Namco X Capcom Thread~

Alright, so here's the deal... Namco X Capcom is a cross-over RPG game [compared to many other cross-over games which are usually fighting games]. I'm really glad to hear that there has been a release in Japan, but I'm hoping that such a game of this calibur will be released. People have said good things about it, and people have said rather negative things about this. For the most part, I would have to agree that this is a "Fan-Service" game for fans of the Capcom and Namco [mostly Namco, anyways]. For any of you who want to know what the story is behind this game, read on... If not, then please leave and find another thread to enjoy. Do support Namco X Capcom and check out the trailers at GameTrailers.com! I'm sure that you'll find it rather interesting.

I'm rather bad at writing up summaries, so someone that has already purchased the game [the import obviously] has made a simple summary of the story.

===

Storyline [ taken from: http://www.netjak.com/review.php/924 ]

The main characters are Arusa Reiji and Xiaomu. Reiji's the guy toting the katana/gun rack combo that's perfect for camping, and Xiaomu looks like a 12 year old furry. They're part of a group called...Shinra. (No, seriously.) Apparently, the Shinra group is supposed investigate the paranormal and unusual. When a huge temporal disruption starts destroying Shibuya in the year 20XX, (it must be near the end of the year, since they clearly show people driving around in the 20XY model cars) they figure they should go check it out.

Upon arrival, the team of Xiaomu and Reiji find some otherworldy baddies and dispatch them, only to run into a group of enemies that are intangible. All looks screwed until the screen goes wacky, and Shion, M.O.M.O, and KOS-MOS. The folks from Xenosaga bust out with the "Kiruberuto Effect" and all of a sudden, you can wail on the bad guys now. Then some other people show up and you fight them. Eventually, you come to the conclusion that this is mostly the work of an acquaintance of Reiji's, a furry ex-girlfriend named Saya. (Must...kill...furry!)

Shion, M.O.M.O, and KOS-MOS stick around to get to the bottom of this, and because they can't go back to their own time. Along the way, you'll team up with some familiar and not-so-familiar heroes from the annals of game history, and do battle with their nemeses.

===

I do hope that this game comes out and if anyone has any information regarding it, please let me know, either through PM or E-MaiL. I would greatly appreciate it. Let's all hope that this game is released in the US!
    "The world may never change for the better but that's not the point,
    the point is to live like it will."

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The only thing I've heard is that the chances of this coming out isn't exactly great (here in US). But who knows, I heard a lot of Capcom fans are making it known that they want this game to come out.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

: azure dreamer : Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji will become famous soon enough Arisu Reiji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It's true that the chances of the game are rather slim, but I've read out on other forums I've skimmed through and I remember about it saying that there is a release date around late.. hmm.. I think two months from now? Yeah, that would make it September, or perhaps October... a lot these games [the good ones anyways] are coming out late this year.. As long as it comes out, I don't really mind how long the wait, but at this rate, just as you said, I'm sure that Namco X Capcom will be but an import, which will be sad, since there are many people who would purchase it, despite the game mostly being a "fan-service" game. Heck, I would purchase it, just to see chibi characters bash on each other, especially since they are featuring a few of my old-school favorites like MegaMan and DigDug.

Anyways, 'nuff about my ranting.. We'll all just hope that it comes out. If not, well, let's just worry about that when and if it gets to that point.

Senior Member rmb199 is on a distinguished road rmb199's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2007 05:29 PM
    Threads

it actually seems like a pretty stupid game....mix of an action rpg and a strat rpg....well thats just too time consuming. There would be no fluidity to the game...plus im tired of crappy strat rpg grafics..lol

Guess he won't.........

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect your opinion. Anyways, this game is, as I said, a "fan-service" game and therefore, of course, the developers are only thinking about the fans out there who are willing to shove their cash in there faces just to see their favorite characters bash it out chibi RPG style, na? Anyways, I'm still hoping for this game to come out regardless of reviews or opinions of others.

As long as it comes out here in the US, I'm happy. By the way, if any of you are interested in the game, check out the trailers at GameTrailers.com. If you're talking about "fluidity" of the game, just look how the game plays. I'm sure the game is time-consuming as reviews have said, but then again, who said any RPG wouldn't be time-consuming?

-Shrug-

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i mean the gameplay...it takes too long to input commands

Guess he won't.........

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you've read in further into the game, the input commands for playing the game aren't too difficult, unless you are really lazy and actually prefer just mindless tapping of either "O" or "X" button waiting for your character to strike your enemy and run back [-CoughFinalFantasyCough- ]

But anyways, the input commands in the game are simple enough. After having gotten in range of fighting, all you do is select whether you're going to fight, defend.. and should you choose to fight, the only buttons you'll be using is the directional pad and the "O" button, and at certain points of battle if you fulfill conditions, you do nothing really and watch as your group of characters team up and do a team assault.

Maybe I'm being too supportive of this game, yeah, I am [so what?]. But don't jump to conclusions until you at least rent the game and try it out. I myself am a little uneasy about this game and how it will play, but I'm willing to stick with it through thick and thin.

-Cough- Now, having said that. Do you have any other objectives? Speak now, or forever be quiet and wait till the game comes out.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol....hey it was just my personal opinion. I mean geez if ur gonna be that weird about it.....forget it then cuz i wont be as immature... [-CoughFinalFantasy is a better than that crappy game Cough-]....huh?? o well whatever....

Guess he won't.........

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Things aren't looking too good at the moment all. Just a little heads-up that this game might not be coming out, I've been checking around at the game-store as of late and they don't even have any information about the game, at least in regards to the release date. Anyways, I'll keep you all updated if anything comes up.

~Gackt Lover~ otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan is infamous around these parts otaku_ayachan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2008 03:02 AM
    Threads

i play it already but not yet finish coz' i don't understand the language,it's japanese.i just hope it could translate to english

Siggy made from my futago-arigato

All of this is my FAV.guys

Please visit my artwork at fanart and rep me if you like

Closed Thread

Thread Information