AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Most Underrated RPGs?

Member FortunateSoul is on a distinguished road FortunateSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2005 05:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Most Underrated RPGs?

Thousand Arms is my number 1 underrated RPG. It's extremely cool, if the battle system was a little different. A lot of people didn't like it because of the dating sim factor that was required to make your weapons stronger. These were most likely the people that couldn't get ladies (which is probably why my weapons always sucked). The dating sim (and Meis in general) was actually my favorite part. Wyna is just so beautiful . . . . .

Legend of Dragoon had some great concepts, but the execution was a little off (which is probably why it didn't do as well). What I really like is the fact that they weren't afraid to kill people off. Passing the torch is a very noble act, and the concept of the spinny-circle-thing to do your dragoon combos is nice, too.

Legend of Legaia. ::Sigh::, what can I say? It just didn't get the promotion it needed. No one knew about it, but it's GREAT. Cara's music is phenomonal, it had super-original concepts, and isn't Songi the greatest 'ally'-turned villian? He's so cool.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Agreed with you on Legend of Dragoon, that was one of my old time fav RPG's on the PS.

Another one i feel is underated a lot is Shadow Hearts on the PS2. The skill animation of the transformations were a little dull. I just loved the story and all the unlockables. Game length and lifespan was more than satisfactory with me. Most of the characters were also interesting.

Most people can't see past the media hype of the Final Fantasy titles. And they think that they know something about RPGs and that they're good at them when infact all they know are the FF's.
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 07-15-2005 at 04:53 AM.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Digital Excellence Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie has a reputation beyond repute Mousie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2008 02:32 AM
    Threads

i loved legend of dragoon it was an awsome game
    the battle system was the best ive seen so far

but another 1 is hoshigami wich was cool and noone even talks about it
    !!! Dont let my egg die !!!
    click it

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

Oh god...for starters...almost ANYthing that doesn't have "Final Fantasy" tacked onto the front. Specifically...Shadow Hearts, Wild ARMs, Suikoden, XenoGEARS, Vandal Hearts, Deus Ex, and Shin Megami Tensei
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Moderator / Chat Admin Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein has a reputation beyond repute Cless Alvein's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 05:06 PM
    Threads

Oh my yes. Megami Tensei/Shin Megami Tensei series, as well as the spin-offs like Persona are really, really sweet if you're the least bit interested in the occult, or the eternal struggle to find, and even define, "Good and Evil."

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES was an all-time underrated great RPG in my opinion, and still one of my favorites to this day.

Thousand Arms was very entertaining for the short time I rented it, I'd like to play it again...

I'm sure there was another one I usually mention in this type of conversation, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

Member FortunateSoul is on a distinguished road FortunateSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2005 05:47 PM
    Threads

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series. But most people just go with the flow, whatever that flow may be, and don't give other things a chance. I agree with Xenogears as well as Wild ARMs. Can't comment on the other because I haven't played them. I'd like to play Valkyrie Profile and the Lunar games, as well.

Closed Thread

Thread Information