AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo DS...sucks?

Senior Member Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2010 04:12 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Smile The Nintendo DS...sucks?

Actually, that's what I'd like to ask all of you. The reason I ask might be daft, but it's mostly because I plunked down $150 on day 1 with Mario DS and Asphalt as my first games.

Both are great games, but ever since then I haven't purchased a single game. Not for lack of money, but lack of interest. To put it another way: the games for the DS are booooooooooriiiiiiiiinnnnng.

Rayman DS? Come on, it's a remake, and not exactly the greatest game on earth in the first place. Nintendo, here's a hint, and this one is free: orgionality.

Poke'mon Dash? What?

Yoshi's Touch & Go...I'm sorry, but this is nothing more than a mini-game being packaged up in pretty a case and sold as a "Game" for $30. All you do is touch the screen to control whatever the hell is on it. Wheee.

Pac Pix...oh. my. god. This is worse than Yoshi's Touch & Go. Atleast in Yoshi's Touch & Go you get to GO but in Pac Pix all you do is TOUCH. It's more "mini" than a mini-game.

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent...first of all, I would like to thank EA for taking the name "Goldeneye" and dragging it through the mud with their atrocious console versions of this junk. They have forever stained the holy name of Goldeneye, nevermind that there wasn't anything "goldeneye" about the game.
    Now they've decided to use the DS to take the Goldeneye name and drag it out of the mud and drag it back through it again.

*sigh* I hate you, EA. You're not getting my money.

Electroplankton - I haven't even played this game yet, but I'm atleast glad to hear that they're admitting that this is more of a cool tech demo thing than an actual "game" as we know the word to mean.
    But, if Nintendo spent less time making these silly putty useless tech thingies, they could actually...make...a...GOOD...GAME. Idiots.

Ridge Racer DS? - Yet another remake, this one is of the N64 Ridge Racer. Whoever thought that remaking an already awful game would somehow make it good should be shot.
    I'll be fair and say that the music is half decent, but I'm not paying for icing on a bad cake.

World Championship Poker - By golly, I don't need RPG's with beautifully done graphics, brilliant story telling and a cast of enjoyable characters that make me forever remember the game!
    I don't need an involving puzzle game or a good ol' platformer like the classic Yoshi's Island that engages me for hours on end! Hell no, I don't need that kind of rubbish! What I need is Championship POKER!

Sprung - I atleast respect Sprung for trying to do something that most games don't normally do these days, especially here on this side of the gaming world. But, sadly, it wasn't much good.

Zoo Keeper - Congratulations, Nintendo, that's 1 out of 10. Keep up the good work.

Wario Ware Touched! Many people were waiting for this game. It was almost unconceivable, but Nintendo actually managed to take an almost impossible to ruin franchise and make it boring.
    Now don't get me wrong though, it's not an "awful" game, just no where near as good as it could have been and far too repetitive with all the screen touching mini-games.

The Urbz - Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Madden NFL 2005 - How dare Nintendo launch the DS with this rough in the diamonds. Alright, so I know some people out their enjoy football, but there are much better alternatives.

Polarium - Strangely, this looks very similar to Sony's PSP hit "Luminis", in the sense that the appearence is simple but that the gameplay is very addictive. Unfortunetely, the only similarity is the appearence. Luminis is far beyond this disappointment in terms of gameplay.

Ping Pals - Remember Pictochat? Of course you do, it's packed right into the damn system. Apparantly, trying to sell people something they already have is good marketing sense at THQ.
    Better yet, selling them something that's not even as good as what they have...why didn't I think of it!

Tiger Woods PGA Tour - *yawn* Boooorrrriiiinnng.

Oh fine, stop whining, I'll say something about this game. The potential use of the touch screen for swinging the club was there and waiting to be used. However, it was not. Instead, what we got was, how to put it...was like the "tri-click" method of hitting golf balls in video games, without the "click".

In other words: it sucks. Stay away from this bore-fest. There are better alternatives, namely Mario Golf for the Advance or the many other high quality golf games on other consoles.

And that about covers it. Congratulations if you actually read all of that, you deserve a DS.

Now then, what are you're thoughts? Anyone?

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Yay me, i deserve a DS only for it to be sold for next to nothing!

Thoughts - agreed, i was just reading something like this somewhere else before i read your one, pretty much the same thing only Mario 64ds was the only good game it had to date.. at the time of the review. Personally havn't touched the thing nor do i plan on to waste my money on that piece of crap, especially after reading this and that other article!

Oh, and i like the post, very... lets sayed it got some put a smile to my face
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

The Big Lewboski nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn has a reputation beyond repute nyar majinn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 04:47 PM
    Threads

ds dos not suck. money well spent in my view

Senior Member Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire has a reputation beyond repute Prince Sapphire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Question

But just out of curiosity, Nuar, do you actually own one?

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sapphire
    But just out of curiosity, Nuar, do you actually own one?
    Well not really the case of owning one, i mean, people actually like Pokemon for example... did you know that, and no, they're not retards also, although i still consider them to be!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    Well not really the case of owning one, i mean, people actually like Pokemon for example... did you know that, and no, they're not retards also, although i still consider them to be!
    I was only asking if he had a DS, simply out of curiosity. I own one and I don't like it...I also own an Xbox and I don't like it either and am preparing to sell it. (but that's a different story for a different thread)

As far as Poke'mon goes, I hate the series yet I actually like the games. But I'm sorry, Poke'mon Dash on the DS is junk.
    I'm glad I just borrowed my friend's copy and didn't waste my money on it, though I feel sorry for the guy because he spent money on it and doesn't like it either.

Senior Member Zustarus is an unknown quantity at this point Zustarus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2006 11:30 AM
    Threads

in my opinion Ds is a pretty fun

Senior Member Zustarus is an unknown quantity at this point Zustarus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2006 11:30 AM
    Threads

in my opinion Ds is pretty fun

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm sure we all got it the first time

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

yea i got a ds and they suck, the only reason i got one is to play kh chain of memories on, there no good game, psp has loadz kool games and ff advent children, may aswell get that for £80 more

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

DS is a horrid piece of software thats is outdated, it is pretty much a toned down version of the old 64 that you can carry around with you, I agree that the games do suck, all except for mario, but that was a classic on 64 and remains fun to this day.
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Lord of Chaos Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru has a reputation beyond repute Isunamaru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2005 08:48 PM
    Threads

hmm.....the DS was ok.....however the PSP seems to be alot better.....

Note - I did not make this....i found it on the internet.....props to whoever did make it though....

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal Hellfire
    DS is a horrid piece of software thats is outdated, it is pretty much a toned down version of the old 64 that you can carry around with you, I agree that the games do suck, all except for mario, but that was a classic on 64 and remains fun to this day.
    Bravo, that was well said, even then they still aint releasing the games that were the N64's strong point... what - no classic Goldeneye, no Perfect Dark... what are those morons thinking! Apparantly it will be gettin Mario Kart, now you all know that's gonna be great!

yea i got a ds and they suck, the only reason i got one is to play kh chain of memories on, there no good game, psp has loadz kool games and ff advent children, may aswell get that for £80 more
    Hold on, hold on, back up a minute, FF:Advent Children isn't a game, it's a movie... MOVIE!
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 05-06-2005 at 01:41 PM.

gamers heaven 1withanime is on a distinguished road 1withanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2006 12:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal Hellfire
    Firstly, the DS is hardware not software the games would be software

More of the PSP good games are somehow related to sports
    very few are ones i would buy
    The DS has many good games coming within the next year
    I Think the DS is worth it because even if you get bored with the DS game you can have a GBA game already in and switch to that without removing anything
    PSP AND DS ARE EQUAL IN MY EYES BUT I HOPE THAT THE PSP GETS LESS SPORTS TITLES

Sig by Fate on Anime Paradise

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation jiggy is an unknown quantity at this point jiggy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2005 02:26 PM
    Threads

Cool

i totally aggree with u i mean it is so overrated just because theres a touch screen everyone needs it. the graphics are good but thats it!!!

jiggy signing off

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[

Hold on, hold on, back up a minute, FF:Advent Children isn't a game, it's a movie... MOVIE! [/font][/QUOTE]yea the movie is on psp, its can play movies, thats why its betta

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yea the movie is on psp, its can play movies, thats why its betta
    Ah now i see.... wait, it's better watching a movie on the PSP then it is on your own home on a 32"+ Widescreen TV with 5.1 super surround sound!? Compared to a little 3" screen with stereo speakers built in, generating pseudo surround sound... ARE YOU INSANE!?

PSP AND DS ARE EQUAL IN MY EYES BUT I HOPE THAT THE PSP GETS LESS SPORTS TITLES
    Ok, now with asthetics out of the way, why not look at it's internal components, hardware, statisitcs, polygon rate, etc etc...
    Last edited by [BlackDeath]; 05-06-2005 at 01:49 PM.

Member Z.link is just really nice Z.link is just really nice Z.link is just really nice Z.link is just really nice Z.link is just really nice Z.link's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2007 11:31 PM
    Threads

I like the ds. right now there arent very many good games for it, but look at the gameboy. when it was launched all it had was super mario bros. and it out lived the other more powerful systems such as the neo geo pocket. If you look at nintendos realeases for the future you will see better games. Animal crossing ds, Metriod Hunters, Mario Cart ds, final fantasy 3(which hasnt even been released in the us yet on any other console), a new super mario bros. game, and more. you all just have to be patient.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[QUOTE=Black_Death]Ah now i see.... wait, it's better watching a movie on the PSP then it is on your own home on a 32"+ Widescreen TV with 5.1 super surround sound!? Compared to a little 3" screen with stereo speakers built in, generating pseudo surround sound... ARE YOU INSANE!?

is ffac coming out on DvD i heard it was only 4 psp

gamers heaven 1withanime is on a distinguished road 1withanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2006 12:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Z.link
    I like the ds. right now there arent very many good games for it, but look at the gameboy. when it was launched all it had was super mario bros. and it out lived the other more powerful systems such as the neo geo pocket. If you look at nintendos realeases for the future you will see better games. Animal crossing ds, Metriod Hunters, Mario Cart ds, final fantasy 3(which hasnt even been released in the us yet on any other console), a new super mario bros. game, and more. you all just have to be patient.
    I agree completely
    the PSP is only got sports games that are good The ds is minigames as of now but the future is bright with the ds

Sig by Fate on Anime Paradise

Member Agent 159 has a little shameless behaviour in the past Agent 159's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2005 03:40 PM
    Threads

its OK but not the best
    My Brother is Glitch4.0

Senior Member Misa Greycloak is on a distinguished road Misa Greycloak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2005 10:26 PM
    Threads

I do not have one =/ Nor do I have the money to buy one.Ish so sad..;-;
    1withanime:
    Where did you get your cute little InuYasha walking pixels?O_O They are so cute!!!
    ~MG

I love you with every fiber of my being...

Please promise me...You'll love me forever...

A lover will lost a while,a friend is a forever..

Atrocious Lust Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix is infamous around these parts Amix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2009 07:02 PM
    Threads

I played a DS at my cousins house before and I thought it was alright because of the graphics. So..Meh..

If you're gonna give me rep, give me bad rep.
    Thanks.

The Gunblade Specialist lionheartghost is on a distinguished road lionheartghost's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2005 11:37 PM
    Threads

I really like the DS. I'll admit, the launch games for it weren't that great, but after watching the Nintendo E3 Press Conference, the 2nd generation seems much more promising, especially with Wi-Fi coming out in November.

"There's a certain kind of happiness... that only a bounty can buy." ~Spike Spiegel

-LHG

AnimeFiend VRini87 will become famous soon enough VRini87's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2006 01:33 PM
    A place full of hicks, fried chicken, and bad teeth...Georgia, of course. Nah, I love GA
    Threads

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but I don't get the DS. To me, it's a good system to play GBA games on. Then again, I really don't care for mobile 3D games. I like my 2D RPGs and platformers for the GBA. The only thing that appealed to me as far as DS gaming is Nintendogs, but my brother found a puppy so that could complicate things.
    "A woman is like a tea bag, you cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
    - Nancy Reagan

Closed Thread

Thread Information