AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Worst game............

In Airforce. Love Ya gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man has a reputation beyond repute gene the man's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2010 08:30 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mousshnida
    the worst game ever was unlimited saga
    it ruined ps2s image

I believe in the fact that the graphics and gameplay were bad but come on do you think that you could create better graphics with just drawings? I mean most of the game was hand-drawn and that is some pretty neat artwork. Plus i believe that the worst game ever to me which i know i shall be ridiculed over is Kingdom Hearts. I mean why go around and beat people with keys? Oh yeah beat it 5 times just to let you all know that i am not just raving on about a game that i have not played.
    "What is life without pain?."

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I'm probably going to get murdered by the fanbase for this, but... the worst RPG's I have ever played were the Final Fantasies.

The first I played, FFVI, I enjoyed. Then I played V, followed by X, X2, VII and VIII. And I have to say: They are all the same! Sure, the story may be different, but the main focus of Final Fantasy, the battles, is the same thing every time. The ATB gets boring, each Final Fantasy tweaks it just a little bit to make it seem new and different. The only exeption to that rule would be VIII, who with the junction and drawing system actually tried something different. Also, they keep re-using the names. I don't care the tiny easter eggs of seeing a Biggs, Wedge or Cid in every Final Fantasy, but most of the names for the summons and spells are copied directly from each game.

I certainly hope Final Fantasy twelve manages to break this circle, otherwise battles will be as monotone as ever.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by red storm
    I'm probably going to get murdered by the fanbase for this, but... the worst RPG's I have ever played were the Final Fantasies.

The first I played, FFVI, I enjoyed. Then I played V, followed by X, X2, VII and VIII. And I have to say: They are all the same! Sure, the story may be different, but the main focus of Final Fantasy, the battles, is the same thing every time. The ATB gets boring, each Final Fantasy tweaks it just a little bit to make it seem new and different. The only exeption to that rule would be VIII, who with the junction and drawing system actually tried something different. Also, they keep re-using the names. I don't care the tiny easter eggs of seeing a Biggs, Wedge or Cid in every Final Fantasy, but most of the names for the summons and spells are copied directly from each game.

I certainly hope Final Fantasy twelve manages to break this circle, otherwise battles will be as monotone as ever.
    what about the most under-rated FF of all? Cristal Chronicles! very innovative! and thats exactly the reason it went unseen...
    I wish my grass was emo...

So it would cut itself...

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

True, I didn't mention it because I never played it. Making snappy comments on games you never played backfires 99% of the time.

leet with a capital 3 S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1 is a splendid one to behold S_C_L-1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

True, I didn't mention it because I never played it. Making snappy comments on games you never played backfires 99% of the time.
    oh ok

altho, if you DO plan on playing it, i hope you have all the stuff needed for the connectivity... altho, it has been confirmed that they are making FFCC for the revolution... so u might as well just wait...

Black Rose Jedi Alchemist KiteX is on a distinguished road KiteX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2005 12:49 PM
    Threads

One of the worst games i've ever played would have to be Xenosaga or Xenosaiga.Just the things they had you do to get passed the creatures were impossible.I tried getting past the first level for hours and i musta tried close to 40 times,over and over everything failed they didnt make the game hard,they made it impossible to beat!

- Yours truely,Kage Elric¥
    Dead to the world.....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by KiteX
    One of the worst games i've ever played would have to be Xenosaga or Xenosaiga.Just the things they had you do to get passed the creatures were impossible.I tried getting past the first level for hours and i musta tried close to 40 times,over and over everything failed they didnt make the game hard,they made it impossible to beat!

- Yours truely,Kage Elric¥
    if i hated all games i wasnt good at, i would get SO flammed for saying so! lol

i mean... cmon... i never made it past the first level in contra... do i hate it? no.

Gimme A Litre A Cola! zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak zodiak's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2006 08:34 PM
    Threads

the worst game is the mario games on the gamecube

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    they were supposed to release mario 128, but since it wouldve come out at the end of a gen, they decided to make it for the revolution instead... so we'll have a mario game as a launch title... all is not lost!

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by zodiak
    The worst game ever were the mario games on the cube? Doesn't matter you're wrong anyway.
    Not if you do it in a firm commanding way. For example i have never played the game total overdose and never will, but that doesn't stop me from saying the game is garbage.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

Uhhh.... what exactly is the same?? Equiping weapons?? The "attack" option?? The menu?? ATB?? Stats?? You should be more specific so I can debate.... =P

Anyways, I'll just wait for your answer so I can start another arguement... =)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

every final fantasy has:

-you on one side, the enemy on the other
    -the battle gouges
    -zero movement
    -turn based
    -the same items (potion, hi-potion, phoenix down etc.)
    -the same summons (ifrit, shiva etc.)
    -the same names for equipment (iron this, mythril that)
    -the same spells (previously ice1, 2, 3 etc. now they keep using blizard, blizara, blizaga etc. other spells never changed)
    -the same method of casting spells
    -the same status effects

Now, some Final Fantasies made changes in maybe one or two of these things, but instead of using those changes in the next Final Fantasy they start from scratch every time! Also, this article voices my opinion concerning storylines perfectly. Let's face it, they are as flat as a cardboard. 99% of the 'plottwists' you see comming a mile away.

Senior Member Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo is a splendid one to behold Ukyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2005 09:55 PM
    Threads

Halo hands down no qestions. I found the game absolutely boring.
    Take a step back, stand in place.
    Freeze inside, and show your souless eyes.
    Close yourself from the outside world.
    Fall to your knees crying in pain.
    Shake in fear and get ready to die.
    In this dark cold place, no one survives.

Love together.

Die together.
    In misery, there is no end.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

every final fantasy has:

-you on one side, the enemy on the other
    -the battle gouges
    -zero movement
    -turn based
    -the same items (potion, hi-potion, phoenix down etc.)
    -the same summons (ifrit, shiva etc.)
    -the same names for equipment (iron this, mythril that)
    -the same spells (previously ice1, 2, 3 etc. now they keep using blizard, blizara, blizaga etc. other spells never changed)
    -the same method of casting spells
    -the same status effects

Now, some Final Fantasies made changes in maybe one or two of these things, but instead of using those changes in the next Final Fantasy they start from scratch every time! Also, this article voices my opinion concerning storylines perfectly. Let's face it, they are as flat as a cardboard. 99% of the 'plottwists' you see comming a mile away.
    very nice article... this is why I very much enjoyed FFCC... because its different.... ok, they use the same spells, but its not the same way of casting them... you have movement... etc... everything is in realtime! not every battle is identical with the 1 difference of rendered villain... not to mention the multy-player (square scores some "browny points" there)!

What pisses me off/really surprises me (well not all THAT much come to think of it...) is that the general populous is affraid of a change in genre...

for those of you who were alive in mid/late 80s... the NES was a masterpiece! revolutionairy! no longer were you confined in a single square area! you could move around and adventure across a seemingly infinite world! (mario 3)

but ever since nintendos first real competitor.... (sega's second console, the Genesis) things have been at a standstill... no revolutions... and all the good ideas failed horribly... (power glove any 1?)

Ever since those days, it has been a race between companys for power... "you got 16 bit? well we got a 32 bit!" ...

to quote an article on 1up... "nintendo saved video-gaming when it was on its knees, and brought the world to its feet!"

this is why I ,among others, cant wait for the nintendo revolution to come out... nintendo finally remembered the good old days and went back to their roots... INNOVATION!

nintendo was the first to use horisontally loaded catridges... the first to use a D-pad... the first to use analog sticks... the first to use runble packs... the first to prefer quality over quantity!

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Some poeple seem to be confusing overhyped and bad. There is no way halo is the worst game ever made. But you could say it was very overhyped.

Senior Member hockey_rocket_3 has a spectacular aura about hockey_rocket_3 has a spectacular aura about hockey_rocket_3's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2006 08:33 AM
    Threads

the worst game i have ever played is monster rancher 4... all you did was feed and tell a monster what to do, then you went into a cave maze with only one exit. it was so boring and easy to finish.
    lost in a maze that looks like this

beginning____________________
    ____________________end

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by hockey_rocket_3
    the worst game i have ever played is monster rancher 4... all you did was feed and tell a monster what to do, then you went into a cave maze with only one exit. it was so boring and easy to finish.
    aaaaaand the other monster ranchers games were good?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by S_C_L-1
    if i hated all games i wasnt good at, i would get SO flammed for saying so! lol

i mean... cmon... i never made it past the first level in contra... do i hate it? no.
    I didnt hate the game just they made it impossible to get past the first section.If anyone gets past there then they must be super smart because if i can't get past there then i know its hard for others.
    Dead to the world.....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow now, thinking a bit high of yourself aren't you? Just because you failed to get past doesn't mean its automatically hard for others to do so. There are plenty of people who finished the game.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know but still.I've tried so hard and so many times that if i couldn't get past them very few could inless they use cheats.I didn't have time to play to much after that since i rented it......
    Dead to the world.....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, let me get this straight, you rented the game? And now you say it's impossible to beat because you couldn't get past the first stage in a week?

You know, suddenly it al makes a loooot of sense.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No.I only had it for like 2 to 5 days but i worked on it almost non stop yet no matter what stratergies or things i used nothing worked.The monsters were programed not to let anyone pass yet.I think you need like a secret weapon or code to get passed the monsters.I forgot the monsters name i think it was genouses.....i dont know....
    Dead to the world.....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Two to five days? You played a game two to five days, failed to get past the first stage and suddenly it becomes impossible?

Kay, that explains everything. Listen, when you fail to progress in an RPG in such a limited amount of time, remember this: What RPG would be fun if you could finish it in two to five days!?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Actually there were so many stages that it is kinda impossible to finish it in those days inless you played the game non stop but still its mad hard getting through the space ship thingy or whatever it was.
    Dead to the world.....

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok... u c... rpgs are supposed to last a long time... its not a FPS here... to finish an rpg fast, u either have to use a guide or know the game inside and out...

Closed Thread

Thread Information