AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: pplz are dating online?

Beautiful Dreamer I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg has a reputation beyond repute I'm Ol' Gregg's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 03:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I don't think you can generalize as all guys who go on the internet are old men, but usually the guys who advance in a relationship are olod and perverted, but there are exceptions to the rule and some nice guys or gals could genuinely want a relationship on the internet because they are too shy normally, but it's whatever works for you!!

And I repped Link from this thread because he amused me and blah blah blah but basically..

One of my friends was chatting to this girl on the internet and when he asked for a picture (after much 'cyber sex' she gave him a picture of an over-weight 45 year-old!!!) XD

And she'd told him that she was a hot 17 year old!!!! *cracks up*

So when the birds fly South, I'll Reach up and hold their Tails

Pull up and out of here
    And bridle the autumn gales

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

yeah online could be pretty random lol.

big boss samuel is on a distinguished road samuel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2005 10:52 AM
    Threads

thats just nasty i mean (*feeling sick*)messed up.

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

I am dating a girl online, and I know it's weird but its like I've known her forever you know? well yeah some people prefer to date in person rather than online, but i guess when in search of love one cant be to particular right? I found love in an online relationship and It is working quite well.
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

in my view, dating online is just not right. Cant realli say nasty unless its lust through the internet,
    but i just wonder how can pplz "fall in love" online, if you guys actually knoe the actual meaning of "falling in love"

But some are possible as you said, they person above me lol.
    That you know the girl like...forever. It might be possible for pplz to fall in love online through a long time.

Senior Member Link34 is on a distinguished road Link34's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2005 08:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    in my view, dating online is just not right. Cant realli say nasty unless its lust through the internet, but i just wonder how can pplz "fall in love" online, if you guys actually knoe the actual meaning of "falling in love"

But some are possible as you said, they person above me lol. That you know the girl like...forever. It might be possible for pplz to fall in love online through a long time.
    hey i am not gonna post to much on here cause someone took alot of rep.
    Well i just dont think it is right and thats all im gonna say.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Here's what I don't get.

People complain about people who date someone they met online because they could be "fake." And yet, these same people are perfectly willing to have dear and close friends online whom they honestly care for. Now, from what I'VE seen, the most successful (including my own) online relationships come from people who were friends first, and developed extra feelings for each other somewhere along the way.

So, if this is someone you're "allowed" to trust, someone it's deemed acceptable to trust...what changes when they decide to take it further? What makes one right and the other wrong? I agree that online relationships eventually have to become in-person relationships for them to last...but I don't see what is so wrong with them.

Senior Member Wiz will become famous soon enough Wiz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2005 12:13 AM
    Threads

i dunno, i cant say much about it. i just started dating some one today...i know it sounds weird but some how you just like the person if you've never met them in person. it's just the way people are, if youre trusting enough it should work as long as you or the other person isnt lieing. im not lieing to my bf so maybe it'll work for awhile.
    And if you keep your vision clear,you will see the future. What happens in our future is our own responsibilty.
    Ren

Someday we will be blown by the wind and absorbed into the sandy earth.
    Vash

Running into poeple is so much fun!

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

For a lot of people, it actually works out well. I know many people who have dated online, or started a relationship online and are still happy with it. My aunt and uncle for example. They met online about two years ago, and got married three months later. They are happily married at that.

If you're more of a touch-needy person, I don't think online dating would be best for you, obviously, unless you get to see the person occasionally. However, online dating can be risky. There are all those scary people tales and all that. Honestly? Virtually all the people I've dated have been online. Most of them from here. =P

With online, if the person does things in their own place, you really wouldn't know about it unless someone from that place told you. So it's probably best to know the person fairly well first. You know, be able to trust them and such. In my personal opinion, I think dating online is probably easier, only if you don't have that need of touch thing. It's much easier to express yourself online. You don't have that fear of looking the person in the face and seeing how they look at you when you say one thing or another. I could just be crazy, but I honestly think it's much easier. As time goes on and you're young, or can't reach the person, it may get harder. From personal experience, it did for me. But it might just be me.

A few weeks ago I had gotten out of a long-term online relationship. We had been going out for one year previously, but I just didn't feel up to it anymore. It was a good and healthy relationship that I enjoyed most of the time. There were times where I felt like I was missing something because I didn't have the whole in-person deal, but that never lasted very long. Now I'm in a new relationship which is also online and going well. It's just my personal preference. In my basic opinion, I see a lot of good people online. Most of my friends are from here, and I know no one like them in reality. Same thing goes for people I date from online. It just seems to me that they carry a genuine kind of quality. =)

I think dating online is a cool thing to do. It makes you strong because you can handle the distance and the temptation of doing something else outside of that person. But it's really just about you and how you can do things. <3
    Last edited by Kristen; 04-25-2005 at 04:11 PM.

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

shadow masters Dark-Angel will become famous soon enough Dark-Angel will become famous soon enough Dark-Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2007 11:27 AM
    Threads

well cant really say maybe
    if you really like a guy/girl
    it's isent that bad aslong as they dont
    meat eah other because that can end
    up in a nightmare ^^

"the people and the friends we have lost never forget them"

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

If you like someone enough to actually date them, even if it is online, then having a chance to meet them is something you eventually start to look forward to.

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Angel
    well cant really say maybe
    if you really like a guy/girl
    it's isent that bad aslong as they dont
    meat eah other because that can end
    up in a nightmare ^^
    *Imagining a couple hacking each other to pieces* @.@ Oh boy... It's "meet" by the way.

And actually, for it to develop into something more, they eventually DO have to meet, or what good is it?

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Speaking from experience, here is what I have to say about this.

Online dating is okay.
    If the circumstances are right. For an online relationship to work, both people involved have to understand each other very well. They have to know where the other person in the relationship is emotionally, and mentally. There has to be a lot of communication, and most of all, you have to be honest. The biggest reason online relationships can fail is because you go through it, not really knowing the person as well as you think you do. Online, all your talking can be far more thought out than in person communication. You have the ability to censor yourself considerably more than you might in person. And most of all, you may think you're being yourself, but so much of who you are is in your inflection, facial expression, and other such non-text based communication. If that's not available for your significant other to see, then they make it up in their mind. Sometimes it's accurate, and many times, it's not.

In my case, I found myself getting involved with people online quite a bit. I left home at the age of 19, joining the Air Force. I found myself all alone, with a whole bunch of other guys.. And I couldn't stand it. I had left all my best friends at home, and I couldn't relate to any of the people around me. I found myself spending a lot of time on the Internet, and met some people who I could relate to and talk to. This was the beginning of many friendships that I still hold today, 3 and a half years later. Ashton (some of you may remember him) helped me get through some tough times, by always being able to make me laugh. As I didn't go out much, I invested in phone cards, so I could call him, and we became very close friends.
    Some other friendships I created started turning into something more. I found myself incredibly attracted to someone, and we turned our relationship into something more than just friends. No, this didn't mean that we had "cyber sex" or anything like that. We just had a strong emotional connection, and spent a lot of time cultivating that. I did eventually get to meet this girl, and ultimately, the relationship did end. It didn't end particularly well, but that can be true of any relationship.

Have I been hurt online? Absolutely. It really can be dangerous to trust your emotions to someone who you can't even get a hug from. But if you meet someone online that you truly feel like you should get involved with, the distance is not necessarily what should stop you.

This doesn't mean go out there begging for a boyfriend/girlfriend. I think that's a bad idea, whether it's in a chat room online, or at the bar downtown. I'm not saying that you should go looking for a relationship. Just treat your online friendships the way you would a real friendship. The anonymity of the Internet can be good and bad. The best friendships come when you have nothing to hide from the other person. Even doubly so with more serious relationships. And if you truly click with someone, and you think you are strong enough to handle the difficulty of being emotionally attached to someone you can't hug or hold.. Don't let a few hundred or thousand miles stop you. Just don't get stuck in the online thing. You have to meet up sometime. And better it be sooner than later.

I've had a few real relationships that began online. Every one of them that I felt I had something real with, I went to see them. There were some others that just didn't quite click as well, and I don't think I can even count those as real relationships.
    I only regret one of these relationships.. And only because in my relationship with her, I made some choices that caused me to nearly lose one or two of my best friends.

Remember, online dating is not for everyone. And it can only work if there is strong communication from both people involved. While this is true of any relationship, I've found that you have to work at it more with the distance.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member Imbethonwen is an unknown quantity at this point Imbethonwen's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2005 05:00 PM
    Threads

I date online. infact most of my online boyfriends were nicer than my offline ones. then again, there's always the chance that i can be in trouble because i dont know the person, but i lucked out because the guy im dating now only lives 4 hours away and we've met offline and we're together.

luck has a lot to do with it i guess *shrugs*

I <3 my acamori..

I love Lucy I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy is infamous around these parts I Love Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2007 01:08 PM
    Threads

I'm datin online now and its not as bad as what people think but u have to find that person that you can actually trust and love for real just not fake love so you can meet them and do stuff to them that is sick and wrong.My online girlfriend i love with all my heart and soul and nothin can take that away from me.
    If i have talked to you on aim under the sn zeldafreakmaster plez im add shencj16 to ur list.Thaxs and have a great day

"I Love You Lucy and you Know i would die for you!!!"

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination or parish in Hell

Digital Plague Glitch4.0 has a spectacular aura about Glitch4.0 has a spectacular aura about Glitch4.0 has a spectacular aura about Glitch4.0's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 01:41 PM
    Arizona...where nothing grows and the state tree is a telephone pole
    Threads

i support it, seeing how i meet my wife over the internet. the internet is merely another meduim of socailizing, amougnst other things of course,. the biggest thing about net relationships is trusts, but as long as you trust and know each other you dont have to. i cant imagine a day with out being with my wife, im thankfull everyday i met her. so im always going to support internet relationships.
    quote the great mithos: "Revert to nothing-ness"

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 07:27 PM
    Threads

wait a go ^6 major reps every time i see u^^ oh yea i support it too

Lovely Siggy From Felicci.91

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

Creator Of Dreams Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 02:48 PM
    Threads

Well I dont think there is anything wrong with dating online, I just know I could never do it. I have friends online that I am very close with and I can talk about almost everything with them, things that I dont talk to with anyone that I know face-to-face. They are not just online friends they are more then that, they are real friends and real people. I have talked to them on the phone and have been talking to them for a year. I am glad I have found people that understand me and are willing to listen to me as I have to them. I do have friends that say they "love" me like more then a friend. That makes me a little sad that I cant develop any feelings like that for them. I wont date online I just couldnt. It would feel fake to me and it would drive me insane to never look into her eyes or feel her gentle touch. I did promise I would meet some of my friends one day and I will keep my promise. I know if I ever dated online my friends would never let it go, they would only make fun of me day after day and that really pisses me off. I dont really care if they do make fun of me but they would only think of Kip from Napolean Dynomite. My step brother met a girl on the internet and he eventually moved down where she is and are now currently dating and have been for a while.

~Made by Gandizzl~

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

I'm with you, Devilstears.

anyways, I date in person, and I am seeing my beau for the first time in 4 months today. I'm excited.
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

exited dating online? well yeah, need more of your opinions, c'mon ><;

Idolizing J.Skellington. hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht has a brilliant future hameht's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2007 01:12 AM
    Threads

Dating online is an interesting subject. I would never do it like devilstears says. It would be cool to meet my friends online, but never would I date them. I date in person and I'm quite happy with my dicision. In online relationship you would never how the person would look into your eyes and say 'i love you' with honesty or the not knowing if them cheating on you would eat you alive. So dating in person-I think is the way to go . Besides....holding hands, cuddling, and all that jazz rocks!

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i agree, instead of "rp'ing" huh. Yeah..dating in real life.

♡ .Idiot. ♡ Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie has a reputation beyond repute Sangie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2010 11:41 AM
    Threads

i suppose some people get along with people better online because they dont have to worry about seeming such a freak i know i do stuff online like i would never do in real life im doing one right now im a really quiet person in real life and i never get to say what i want to but online i dont seem to care as much for some reason
    --Thank you so much Sanzoku!!--
    -Happy what ever Holiday is next-

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by -akichan-
    i agree, instead of "rp'ing" huh. Yeah..dating in real life.
    *shrug* It's not really "rp-ing" to everyone, you know. I've never been much into that. For me it's about waiting to SEE the other person. Which I'm doing again next month, for two months.

Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well thats maybe for some pplz, pplz might dun enjoy dating irl instead of chat life with "rp-ing" eh. Or maybe some pplz feel unloved in real life so date icl instead of showing their face? well maybe.^^;

Closed Thread

Thread Information