AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: anime mobile wallpapers

Junior Member kats is on a distinguished road kats's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-04-2005 09:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default anime mobile wallpapers

Have you thought of bringing your site to mobiles?

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

Say what? Bringing the site to mobiles? Do you mean making a WAP version of the site?
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by EternalJupiterKnight
    Say what? Bringing the site to mobiles? Do you mean making a WAP version of the site?
    Yes, wap, but not only.
    How about buying animes wallpapers or logos for mobiles, animations, sms subscription for say weekly anime news?

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

I'm not an expert in this sort of mobile internet, but even I know that would bring a lot of work.

Imagine: First, the forum has to be programmed to work an a WAP, then there has to be someone who makes the logo's and animations, and lastly there has to be someone who can research and create a weekly SMS for subscribers.

For free.

Why for free? Because Anime Forum was created and is maintained by fans. As far as I know, they are not making much money out of it, since everything they do get goes to keeping the server up.

And you can't ask money for wallpapers, because you are using copyrighted material to make them. If you start asking money for it, it'll become illegal.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao has a reputation beyond repute Jakiao's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2023 03:50 PM
    Threads

Red Storm brought up good points. WAP is extremely expensive. From this post, I've done some research on Apache modules for WAP. First, there are no direct modules for Apache's HTTPD project directly. The optional WAP options are either through Jakarta Tomcat Web Connecters or Perl. Jakarta cannot be used here because it will conflict with the sites itself (the sites run PHP, Jakarta is JSP). Perl's module Apache::Web::WAP module is unusable for the same reason: the sites run PHP, Perl is Perl. At the very most, we can create basic HTML pages that grab read-only data for the forums. Even then, only new-generation cellphones will be able to understand those. Older phones wont be able to since they are stuck to WAP/WML.

Now, I looked into a third-party group which develop Apache HTTPD modules directly that can be used by PHP, etc. There is only one in existence. Much like the ASP branch made by ChiliSoft, this WAP module is worth the purchase of an exotic animal. $2000.00 for the license, actually. That's just way too much.

Now, as for the SMS subscriptions. Red Storm's point is valid if we were to charge for the image itself; however, the loophole is that we can claim charging for bandwidth only. Now, we do not do that and do not plan on doing that. In the past, we have looked into SMS options for animegalleries.net to allow members to have image sent to their cellphone, but no readily available solution can be found.

All in all, it breaks down to either the cost or lack of compatibility will prevent this from happening. Rest assured, we are looking for ways to allow our members to be able to access the sites from more than just their home computer.
    I am Jakiao - The Resident Dw33b / Forum & Chat Admin
    [ Our Rules | Site FAQ ]

Thinking about asking a question in Site Issues and Questions?
    Be sure to SEARCH FIRST before making a new thread. Chances are, someone already asked!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

EternalJupiterKnight, why don't you contact me to my email or if you have a phone number I can call you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information