AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: censorship

The psychotic swordsman the black dragon is on a distinguished road the black dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2005 07:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default censorship

does'nt the censoring of anime on toonami and other networks bother you cuz it sure takes alot out of the point of showing that type of anime, i mean if your going to show an anime with swords they should show the full extent of the battles instead of cutting out all the violence and blood like they always do
    Last edited by the black dragon; 03-16-2005 at 02:53 PM.
    the black dragon slayers leader
    "We have to burn it all, burn it all to the ground" Dilandau Albatou

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Yes, Toonami and 4Kids butchers everything up until it is no longer the original show. Well, if it's that bad.. Why show it at all? And if you don't want to see the blood and/or violence, simply don't watch it. But it spoils the show for the real viewers if everything is dubbed from Hell. *Cough4KidsCough*

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Lan360 has a little shameless behaviour in the past Lan360's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2005 07:29 AM
    Threads

Hello I think that it gets Kinda anoying because its like very very weird because whats the point of say it on tv if its on the computer

100% Original ~Mikaru~ is on a distinguished road ~Mikaru~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2008 05:24 PM
    Threads

I agree, Dubbing is BAAAAAD 4kidstv... Don't get me started...Poor Tokyo Mew Mew! Its now know as Mew Mew power, And they renamed them so horribly! At least on Shaman King they kept the names close to the original. Anyways I agree, If your gonna cut out the violence thats intended why even show it at all? I just want to know how toonami is going to do Naruto >.>;; I will KILL them if they choose horrible actors to dub it and take out all the blood and HAKU! What about our favorite crossdresser? T-T

The psychotic swordsman the black dragon is on a distinguished road the black dragon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah it does bother me but i think there are some networks that don't edit them

A.R.S.F. Team #7 Leader m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams is a glorious beacon of light m1abrams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2005 03:58 PM
    Threads

True Toonami likes to edit everything within a thread of its life, however that is why its worth it to stay up and watch Adult Swim. They barely butcher it, the blood is left in. And the bulk of the swearing is left in, about the only thing they have taken out is the nudity. But that isnt much of a problem for most people.

The reason Toonami edits everything is becuase it needs to be 'kid' friendly, for ages 12 and up...hell I see 12 year olds walking down the school hallways listening to Eminem on their CD players. And they have worse words coming out of their mouth than I do and I am 18!!! It's rediculous IMO, it's those stupid parents out there (Like my aunt) who think that any cartoon that has a nose bleed in it is to violent would just take that stick out of their postiorior and watch these shows themselvs and discovered the meaning behind them maybe they wouldnt be so quick to judge them.

The One I Love Very Much: Chibi-chan

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they show saving private ryan unedited on usa but they can't show cartoon violence, thats just stupid as hell.

Master Warrior Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne has a reputation beyond repute Dyne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2010 07:34 PM
    Threads

I agree that 4kids is ridiculous, but as the title suggests, its for kids. I understand they have to edit anime shown on CN during primetime and before, because little kids wacth the cartoon shows on the channel. It doesnt bother me too much, cuz I watch anime on DVD...not TV

+ Broken Wings + Kitsune-sama will become famous soon enough Kitsune-sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2006 03:35 PM
    Threads

I agree with Dyne. The editing doesn't bother me because Cartoon Network can't help what the FCC tells them to edit. And also...I just watch my anime on dvd ^^;; .

+ Mai Owner-Carrot Top +

+ Heroic Guardian-Dyne +
    ++ Kawaii Omouto-Sakurako Shiina--Sweet Otouto-Nerveya ++

+ Anime | Manga | Games +

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Kids shouldn't be watching mature anime in the first place. If they are gonna get all phased and evrything from a little violence or swearing then they should just keep watching pokemon and leave the rest of the anime as is.

Born to Die... Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity is infamous around these parts Sweet Lucidity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2006 12:41 PM
    in a pile of clothes to the left of the chair in the living room
    Threads

yeah i agree its a bunch of bull!!!
    catch the silver bullet and paint it into the sky
    Gott Wei3 ich will kein Engel sein

*FAMILY*
    ILEGALY IN LOVE W/ COUSIN: Dyne
    RANDOM FRIEND: Nerveya
    SNAZY LIL SIS: Fatality
    HORNY PET TIGER: HEAVENSPHEONIX
    ADORABLE LIL SIS: Petit Angel
    FRIEND: sanokidsasuke
    LONG LOST BRO: †NeؤKnÍghtwØlf†
    CRAZY BIG BRO: Dark Sephiroth

Top Gun bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame has a reputation beyond repute bakakame's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 08:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Then again, censorship can also be commical if used at the right time. Take my sig for example from "Red vs Blue" the online download censors the swear by bleeping it, and the DVD lets it go as said. I think it's a lot funnier bleeped than uncensored, even though the exact same swearing phrase would lose it's humor if bleeped in a different situation.

Junior Member Actionrikkugrl is on a distinguished road Actionrikkugrl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2005 11:24 AM
    Threads

Yes, I Agree...What is the point of showing the Anime if you plan to take out what's exciting.
    yONgER sIs- gELaYEl

You Don't Wanna Get Mixed Up With A Dame Like Me

Closed Thread

Thread Information