AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gummi bear makers in trouble.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Gummi bear makers in trouble.

Seems PETA is not to happy with Trolli candy company who makes Gummi bears. There latest candy project has come to a halt. There new candy is Roadkill. Yes I typed and spelled that correctly. Roadkill. They are supposed to be in the shapes of flattened squirrels, chickens, etc. all to resemble roadkill.

The cruelty to animal societies are in a uproar over the new gummi candy. They apparently think that kids will now feel it is ok to go out and torture and kill small rodents and eat them. lmao

So Kraf,t the parent company has pulled the plug on the new line of candy, and will sell the remaining stock that has been made, and call it quits on the new gummi candy.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oh good grief. If a child is so naive/gullible so as to eat stinking dead flesh from the road, they deserve whatever diseases come with it >< Survival of the fittest and all that...

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Firm hits brakes on ‘road kill' candy
    Production halted as activists call animal-shaped sweets tasteless
    New Jersey animal activists want this candy taken off the shelves.

From The Associated Press
    Updated: 5:29 p.m. ET Feb. 25, 2005

TRENTON, N.J. - Production of roadkill-shaped candy screeched to a halt Friday, as Kraft Foods Inc. announced it would stop manufacturing the treats amid protests by animal rights activists. "We take comments from our consumers really seriously and, in hindsight, we understand that this product could be misunderstood," said Kraft spokesman Larry Baumann.

Kraft plans to stop production of the fruity-flavored Trolli Road Kill Gummi Candyas soon as possible and then sell off remaining inventory, Baumann said.

The announcement came after the New Jersey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals protested that the the candy, which is shaped like critters run over by cars — complete with tire treads — encouraged children to be cruel to animals.

"It sends the wrong message to children, that it's OK to harm animals. And that's the wrong message, especially from a so-called wholesome corporation like Kraft," said society sokesman Matthew Stanton.
    This is to much. LMAO

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

Ridiculous. They should rather look after the gelatine thing, that is the main ingredient of gummie candies, gelatine which is made out of bones and animal fat (either that or some modified oil products), blended until they get the jelly-ish texture of gelatine.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Gah. Bloody state... No wonder I'm dying to move.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Maybe you should buy a few bags of them and sell them on the E-bay Reiako for a high profit. You might be lucky enough to get them since you live in NJ.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

i heard about that on the news today......how can that make them mad? it doesnt influence little kids to go drive over animals, and i dont think anyone who can drive is immature enough to do that.
    Lets no forget, PETA is also well known for throwing buckets of blood on people and giving their support to eco-terrorist.......basically, high profile hippies.....

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Hmph. Reminds me of people blaming GTA on kids using guns.

Ha, that reminds me.

I met a PETA girl at Emerald City ComiCon a few weeks ago. [by PETA girl, I mean girl with a loooot of PETA stickers all over her stuff]

Man, when she said "It's not that we are saying don't kill animals, just be ethical about it" I should have said, "But God put animals on the planet for humans, people created in His image, so animals don't have any rights. So why be ethical to things that don't have a soul anyway?"

Ohh man that would have been classic.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

Weird....I think thats kinda stupid...its like saying TV is bad for you lol.
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

first off..it's just candy!!

second...Reiako, I will pay you back if you can find me some....please!!! I want some!!

third...this is just riduclious....PETA needs to go back to worrying about the illegal fur trade
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug is a splendid one to behold Italian_Thug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2006 03:47 PM
    Threads

Default Wow!

Wow, I would like to believe that people are smarter than that, but the sad truth is: a lot of people are really dumb and willing to argue about anything. I could understand if a company were marketing like... um , Nazi Pops with little swastikas on them, but good grief...

Staple Sauce *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 03:53 PM
    Threads

Personally, I think it'd be pertty funny if little children went on a weird roadkill rampage...

P.S. Camera film is made out of gelatine too... So technically, vegetarians can't use cameras... o.O.
    "And after the fall of man, these monkey f***s'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. And only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - 'You Maniacs! D@mn yous! Godd@mn yous all to h*ll!'"
    -Jay (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

"Minh, it's finally happening! Bobby Hillbilly is marrying hillbilly cousin! You owe me five dollars!"
    -Kahn (King of the Hill)

natural tomboy red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm has a reputation beyond repute red storm's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 08:12 AM
    Threads

Well, they could have seen that one comming. There seems to be a lot in this day and age that is 'harmfull to litle kids'. Making candy that looks like roadkill was just asking for trouble.

On the other hand, if it had worked out and they were allowed to produce it, this could have been excellent commercial.
    RPG bios (click for more info):

big boss samuel is on a distinguished road samuel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2005 10:52 AM
    Threads

Default guumi bears

serves them right i mean damn that kind of sick that this should be at a store.

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Gah. Bloody state... No wonder I'm dying to move.
    i agree with you, and thats why im moving out of this state in 2 years.....and its just candy, nothin else more, but i think that is sick that they put out road kill animals in candys...lol, it reminds me that the candy is for adults....but little kids dont really care on what they look like, all they care about is the sweet taste of candy....lol

Lëåƒ šhìnôbì inuyasha-sakura is on a distinguished road inuyasha-sakura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2005 08:55 AM
    Threads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bean Bandit
    Seems PETA is not to happy with Trolli candy company who makes Gummi bears. There latest candy project has come to a halt. There new candy is Roadkill. Yes I typed and spelled that correctly. Roadkill. They are supposed to be in the shapes of flattened squirrels, chickens, etc. all to resemble roadkill.

The cruelty to animal societies are in a uproar over the new gummi candy. They apparently think that kids will now feel it is ok to go out and torture and kill small rodents and eat them. lmao

So Kraf,t the parent company has pulled the plug on the new line of candy, and will sell the remaining stock that has been made, and call it quits on the new gummi candy.
    *lol i just bought these gummi bears or i mean the roadkill.. i really looks funny i cant even believe people wud create gummis like these..*lol
    well anyways it still taste the same and im still obsessed in eating them!!! *picks a gummi up oh loki loki its a dead chicken..*lol
    i just hope that wat u said wont come true u know about the kids going out and killng all the rodents/animals that they see and eat them.. *shivers
    that really is kinda creepy..*lol ehehee

The Cannibal Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

I would so eat those. =D LoL... roadkill... that's great. Whoever thought of that should get a promotion... XD;;

Lëåƒ šhìnôbì inuyasha-sakura is on a distinguished road inuyasha-sakura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2005 08:55 AM
    Threads

Cool

*nod *nod thats right they're awesome!!! >.< everybody should start buying them!!! hooray for roadkill.. u cant stop laughing if u see the gummi animal squished they look exactly like the ones u sometimes see dead on roads but u can eat them of course *lol

Senior Member soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90 has a brilliant future soshumeru90's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2005 11:12 PM
    Threads

i think thats just really weird about what trolli candy is doing making road kill gummy bears you know that is just really weird.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

That is ridiculous. -_- Did I mention my new favorite shirt reads "Animals Taste Good" on it? Excuse me while I go shoot a cow, drain its blood, and have a round steak for lunch.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Marsy, you are too much. What about the roadkill cafe t-shirts and the like?
    I don't recall any big uproar about that.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I would be carrying around a pack of the roadkill candy everywhere I go if I got a hold of a bag. I find that actually pretty funny. I agree with Nyako-chan; whoever thought of that should get promoted. That's like saying Animal Crackers influences kids to find any small animal and bite its head off.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You know, I went to a Boar's Head dinner once (Years ago, and I didn't eat the stuff then any more than I do now ^^; ), and witnessed a pack of kids fighting each other to rip the teeth out of the cooked boar. This was looked on as normal. *

And we're worried about gummy candy shapes?

*Note: I felt about ready to throw up after that. The event was bad enough without it.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

I'm sorry, but people need to LIGHTEN up. Anyone hear about that one idiot who was attempting to sue Fear Factor because an episode where blended rats and chocolate milk were the gross food tasting made him vomit. How RIDICULOUS do people become? I've got a Road Kill Cafe you kill it we grill it key chain and nobody made a fuss. What about my new favorite shirt "Animals Taste Good"? Lighten up people. -_- If we can laugh at our idiot PRESIDENT, then we can laugh at good-tasting candy.

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

LMAO!!!
    just another reason i think them peta people are crazy.
    one of these companies they target needs to counter sue for harrasment or defamation or something.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

Closed Thread

Thread Information