AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Medias Res II -The Darkness of War-

Senior Member Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2005 10:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

*The Blue of Jean Louis' eyes brightens at hearing Quinn's answer and his mouth twitches slightly... It was a little known fact and well hidden by his sleepy and absentminded ways that Jean Louis had spent all his youth training with the finest riding masters Medias Res and all the multiverse had to offer. He knew he was a good rider and had often anonymously competed wearing the Klea's favor in various Royal Jousts. Still too shy and generally unable to make himself boast or brag he simply smiles.*

"I am honored by your acceptance of my invitation to dance and would be delighted to practise with you tommorow. I do know a little bit about the sport though I confess I think you will ride circles around me."

*Blue eyes filled with the feelings of comfort and joy he grasps a flower from mid air and tucks it behind Quinn's ear.*

"...A fair flower for the fairest of flowers."

"Video et Taceo"
    - Translation- "I watch and I am silent."
    "I could not love thee, dear, so much Loved I not Honor More."

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Ishamel finally took his seat not to far from the Queens. Slowly removing his helm, his crimson eyes, looking surprisngly strange on his fair skin seems to flare for a moment. His face was a near complete rarity, nearly always masked from the public eyes. He knew he was taking a great risk, the only person in the kingdom who knew his true heritage, The Royal Highness' father, was now passed away. Silently he drew the crest of the Mistress of Pain's as a silent prayer to his soul.

Drawing his eyes to Jean Louis and his lady he smiles slightly, his ice cold eyes making the smile apear to be a cruel and twisted smirk. He had often seen Jean Louis flirting with the ladies, more often than not having no idea he was in the first place. This time though, he may have stirred a scandel, an unblessed marrige proposal, one he was not aware of. He would have to send a note of thanks to the Duke. He had already given messages to the various spies in the houses to be placed on the alert for even the slightest signs. Every one of his maids had seen that crest, absolutely indecipherable to anybody else.

His gaze breifly went to Jean Louis again. He was one of the few people in the Kingdom who was above suspicion. Like Her Royal Majesty Queen Klea, Banisher of Shadows, he had known him since he was but a child. Although he was always unsure whether Jean Louis actually trusted him, since they were not very close, but he knew that the man would die before betraying her. Although he always feared what he would have to do to a traitor that close to the Queen.

He remembered a hand mainden by the name of Alana Moria, she was one of the closest maids to the former Queen, and it was revealed she was spying for a rebel faction within the court. The torture he inflicted on her still caused a cold chill in his bones. To be tortured to the brink of death, to have the aura of hope that your body would trancend into the next world, only to have your mind wrenched back into this world, to be completely healed and tortured all over again. That destruction of hope would be the ultimate torture, to know the pain will not end, even if you came close to dying, you would be healed, solely to suffer again.

Master of the forest haldir-the-elven-warrior can only hope to improve haldir-the-elven-warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-09-2005 11:25 AM
    Threads

A messanger boy came in and said something in haldir's ears that made his eyes widen in fear. "My queen i must be leaving it is of the most importance," haldir said with a bow and ran out of the room to his horse. "Dark sky ride to home with the greatest of haste," a sound of worry was in his voice. What the messanger had said his homeland had been under seige for a day and the army was about to enter the hidden city where his mother and the queen of the elves was. "Hurry dark sky," he said nodging dark sky faster. "Please be ok please," he said until he reached a the city in flames. "My lord haldir they have take our queen," a elven soldier said with a few hundred more behind him.
    HALDIR LIVES ON THROUGH ME
    Land of Baren, land of eagle, land that gave us birth and blessing, land that called us ever homeward, we will go home across the mountains, we will go home, we will go home across the mountains, hear our singing, hear our longing, we will go home across the mountains.

Senior Member Zamemon is on a distinguished road Zamemon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2005 12:11 PM
    Threads

Deo looked left and right.He felt slightly uncomfortable and it showed.It had been a very long time since he had been he had been to a dinner such as this one.He saw a princess looking at him and he quikly looked back down at his plate.It was empty he put some duck a few potatoes, corn, pork, vegetables and his cup with wine.He pulled up the meat on the fork to his mouth but then he set it down and looked up at Queen Klea.His voice was humble and troubled as he said "Your majesty I thank you for your kind and humble offer of this brilliant feast but I do not wish to impose more than I already have."
    Definition of war: Shoot em' all and let god sort em' out....

The Cannibal Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko has a reputation beyond repute Nyanko's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2011 09:49 AM
    Threads

Akako was finishing her third helping while the rest of the people there were finishing their first. Already she had six empty creme bowls stacked up next to her plate.

Quickly she eyed the table for more creme as she hastily wiped her face. Then she spotted one- a bowl between Jean Louis and Quinn. At first the neko thought of jumping onto the table and diving for the dish, but thought better of it. She had been repremanded for that kind of table manners many times in previous dinner rehersals. She was told if she behaved that way during real dinners, she'd have one of her many tail rings taken away. That was enough to keep Akako good for the meal.

The neko would never disturb her mistress and ask for her to pass something, so instead, she elbowed Ishamel.
    "Get the creme!" she whispered, pointing to the dish between Quinn and Jean Louis, which happened to be on the other side of the table. Akako really didn't think about how he'd get it... she just thought he was tall enough and he could reach.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Ishamel slowly looks down at the cat, and raise a curious eyebrow.He chuckled slightly and smiled, that strange smile which could easily be taken as a cruel smirk. "Very well, your manners are probally as skilled as mine." That was not intended to be a compliment.

Ishamel simply stood up in his seat and picked up the bowl of creme from the between the duke and the strange girl. "Pardon me Duke, M'lady." he bowed his head holding the same sardonic looking smile. Before placing the small bowl of creme down beside the cat. "There you go, little one". He had never really been the sort to own pets, but having looked after the Queen once or twice he could not deny having a somewhat praternal instinct. "Just down't expect any ear scratches from me.."

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

Jerii watched as the Queen had a stranger seated inside the banquet hall. He couldn't help, but to admire the Queen Klea's generousity towards people she has never even met before. I gave a short smile, as to approve the Queen's action before returning to his meal. His head turned up once again, to hear the Queen addressing him once more.

"Thanks, I don't know if having a big appetite is a good trait or not," Jerii chuckled "I've just never had this kind of food before."

"The Queen is pretty good at making jokes huh?" Mune whispered.

"Indeed, you two should have quite the battle of wits," Masa joked.

"Heh, like I stand a chance against the Queen, I bet she can curse me in over 100 different languages," Jerii snapped.

"True, the education of Royalty is infinite," Masa said.

He listened as the Queen offered Jerii more food. The young squire gave the Queen a smile before he began to place more food on his plate. Queen Klea always seemed like an unreachable mountain that he could never climb, but this very night, he was able to dine with her as well as exchange a friendly conversation. He never felt this cared for in his entire life.

"Only if you insist," Jerii answered.

He began to dive into the roasted duck, munching away on all the meat that was on the leg.

"Calm down, you're going to choke on a bone," Masa advised.

"You're in a presence of a lady, not to mention the Queen, stand up straight and take your time," Mune exclaimed.

"It's not like your food is going to run away...it's already dead," Masa laughed.

Jerii took the advice from his spirit partners, and began to slow down his chewing. He then took some time to look at all the guests the Queen had for dinner. Jerii's eye caught a glimpse of a man, who had just removed his helmet and began to take his seat on the table. He could feel the eyes of the man were cold and dark. The dark figure seemed like some sort of living mystery.

"What's your take on that guy?" Jerii asked.

"Seems like he's been through hell and back," Mune suggested "He looks way outta your league."

"I can feel no malice in him, at least not yet," Masa noted "I think it'd be best not to get in his way."

"He seems interesting enough, maybe we can cross swords one day," Jerii thought.

"Better save that challenge for a couple of years, kid, you got a lot to learn before you wrestle the big boys," Mune replied.

Jerii returned his attention towards the Queen, but was soon interupted by Quinn's voice. He couldn't help but shudder at Quinn's response towards him at that moment. If she wanted to, she could send Jerii in a coma for days upon days, after just one round of jousting. He felt even more embaressed because Quinn knew that Jerii was slacking off in his jousting lessons.

"Sorry Quinn," Jerii apologized "Just don't bite my head off okay?"

"Please accept his apology Quinn, Jerii doesn't know any better," Masa begged.

"He's a good kid, really, it's just sometimes he jumbles his words together," Mune explained.

"We're sorry!" Jerii, Masa, and Mune cried in unison.

He then watched as Jean Louis asked Quinn to dance. Upon leaving the table onto the dance floor, Jerii gave a short giggle to Quinn's response to the food. A chill ran down his spine as Quinn offered a jousting lesson tommorrow for Jean Louis. Jerii could only help but wonder how many times Quinn will show Jean the proper way to hit a target. As soon as he snapped out of his painful thought, he began to watch as Jean Louis began to woo her with a flower. He couldn't help but admire how smooth Jean Louis is.

"Maybe Jean Louis can teach you a thing or two about courting the ladies," Mune said encouragingly.

"Yup, he's a real ladies' man," Masa commented.

"Bah, my true love will love me for who I am, not how good I am with words," Jerii replied.

"Yeah, but having an edge to work off of, is always a plus," Masa retorted.

Jerii gave a sigh as he took a sip from his chalice. He noticed the dark man from earlier reach over the table and slide the bowl of creme to the Queen's cat.

"See he's got a good heart," Jerii said.

"Heh, say that in front of his face, and I think you'll find your tongue on your plate," Mune shivered.

"Just something about that guy I can't grasp," Jerii thought.

He began to watch the cat drink from her bowl. The cat's drinking seemed almost hypnotic. She seemed to happy and carefree, about herself. Jerii couldn't help admire the cat's current attitude. He then watched as the Queen attended to her duties, answering a call from another Queen in a far off land. He waited for her to be finished, before resuming any sort of conversation. Jerii couldn't find the proper words to open a fresh dialogue with the Queen, so he decided to keep things simple.

"I really enjoy the music you are providing for us," Jerii smiled.

He looked as a band played soothing music, for other people to dance too. Already, Quinn and Jean Louis had the dance floor all to themselves. Jerii just laid back on his chair and folded his arms across his chest, letting the peaceful music drift him away.

"HEY, don't doze off now!" Masa screamed.

"OKAY, sorry it's just the music is just so lovely," Jerii moaned.

"I suppose you are getting all drowsy, because you've been sitting on your rump the entire meal, why don't you stand up and ask the Queen for a dance?" Mune suggested.

"You're joking right?" Jerii laughed.

"We are dead serious," Masa and Mune replied in unison.

Jerii was never good at asking anyone for anything, especially when it came to asking a woman for something. He began to twindle his fingers, trying to figure out something flashy to say. Maybe put himself in Jean Louis' shoes, and try to grab the attention of the Queen with a charming remark. Alas, his brain was stumped, and could only think of the straightforward approach to things. He took a deep breath and turned his face towards the Queen's.

"I don't think we should let Jean Louis and Quinn have all the fun," Jerii smiled "How about we show them how to really tear up the dance floor?"
    Last edited by Tenchi Masaki; 02-02-2005 at 10:54 AM.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Senior Member Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi will become famous soon enough Ayumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Ruby lips smile sweetly as she answers Deo with a nod .*

"Ah my lord it is never an imposition. You do know you always have a place at my table as well as a place in my court so long as you wish it."

*Motioning to some servants as to indicate that Lord Deo is to receive every attention desired, The Queen turns to pass a warm smile to Ishamel for attending to her cat... A smile that communicates a world of sweet feelings. That smile widening she sees Jean Louis bow to her for permission to take the dance floor and gives a nod of approval.

Still rather watching her precious Jean Louis and thinking that this could very well be a first infatuation for him, she answers Jerii in a voice softened by the affection she feels for her dearest friends.*

"I believe you have found a weakness of mine. Just as it was for my mother, I do relish any chance to dance."

*Rising , mouth twitching slightly with amusement at Jerii's daring to even ask her to dance, she motions to her court , now standing because she is standing, to sit again. Turning towards Jerii she holds out a very small jeweled hand waiting for him to kiss it and lead her onto the dance floor.

Standing so close to the Queen, Jerii can see how very small she actually is. Of diminuative build and of a height barely tall enough to qualify as a full grown woman, the Squire could easily pick her up and carry her about, like a little doll, with scarcely any notice at all. Yet for all she is the epitome of that which is delicate and tiny, from top most dark red curl to the tip of her tiny bejeweled silk slippers, those who stand in her presence know that is simply an outer shell.

Yes, she is a fragile fey creature of light and air... But the stormy grey of her eyes, the intensity and fire to them, give the lie to the packaging. Young and dainty a girl she is, but also a fierce monarch capable of steering the country to glory and commanding mens' hearts to live and die for her.*

"Come..." She whispers, "Take my hand."

Last edited by Ayumi; 02-02-2005 at 10:19 AM.

"Video et Taceo"

Queen of the Airheads ^,~ Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 03:17 PM
    Threads

Mia sighed as Haldir ran off, followed by his messenger. I wonder what that was all about...Looks like I'm gonna have to wait this out on my own.... she thought, already yawning. She didn't really enjoy all of the gossiping that went on at these formal occasions. She looked around and knew what everyone was talking about. Some were most likely talking about the Queens neko, like every year. Some were probably talking about the present conditions of Medias Res. But she knew nearly everyone was talking about Jean Louis's unmentuione and supposed proposal to no one seemed to know. She yawned again, looking around the table.

She saw the mercenary from earlier get up and speak to the Queen. I wonder if now is the time to speak to her myself.... she hesitated though. She always seemed to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. So she straightened out her gown for the hundredth time that day and flicked her long pink hair over her shoulder fo the thousandth time. She forced herself to wait, and to pass the time, she continued to look among the guests. She noticed Ishamel and smirked. She was planning on challenging him to a fight someday. If I beat him then I could probably beat anyone.... she thought.

She looked down at her untouched plate. Maybe I will take some food with me later...I hate eating in front of people...besides, I don't want to stay any longer than I have to.

Master of the forest haldir-the-elven-warrior can only hope to improve haldir-the-elven-warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haldir walked into the throne room and found a small letter on the throne. It was to haldir and him only. The letter said:
    Dear Prince Haldir,
    We are only going to warn you once, do not join forces with Queen Klea or the queen will not live for very long
    May Queen Klea fall
    There was no name or anything else on that letter. He crumpled the letter up and went into the royal armory. There laided the many weapons of kings and royal elves. He found mithiril armor and he took up his forefathers sword. This was beyond the queen klea's control haldir was going to find his mother and bring her home safely. He sent the rest of the elven army to gather the other armies for war.
    Land of Baren, land of eagle, land that gave us birth and blessing, land that called us ever homeward, we will go home across the mountains, we will go home, we will go home across the mountains, hear our singing, hear our longing, we will go home across the mountains.

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

Sweat began to course all through Jerii's body. This was a once in a lifetime chance for any young man of Media Res. His mind began to panic, trying to figure out what to do. The Queen had just extended her arm to him, and he wasn't so sure of the course of action he should take. He was going to reach in and shake her hand, thinking that Queen Klea wanted to have a good dance, before they walked to the dance floor.

"No!!!" Masa screamed.

"Kiss the hand fool!" Mune exclaimed.

Jerii quickly switched the motion of his hand, bring her hand to his lips. He kissed it gently, hoping that he wouldn't hurt Queen Klea's fragile hand. Jerii could hear everyone in the room chatter amongst themselves, wondering why the Queen would want to dance with a Knight in training. He then took her hand, and let her to the dance floor. Jerii made sure that he and the Queen had enough room to move, as well as giving Quinn and Jean Louis enough area on the dance floor to do what they pleased.

"Alright here goes nothing," Jerii gulped.

The band began to play a fast, upbeat melody. Jerii took the Queen's right hand, and placed his left hand on her hip. Before he could make his first move, he accidently stepped on his own foot. Jerii then realized the height difference between himself and the Queen. His head filled with embaressment, not knowing how to properly handle the problem.

"I didn't think our height difference would get in the way of dancing," Jerii mumbled.

"Well do something, you're the man, take the lead!" Mune replied.

Jerii then tried to sway to the left side, maybe get a decent rhythum going on, before he tried anything fancy. As soon as Jerii felt he was comfortable with the music, he once again tried to waltz. It wasn't long before Jerii took another misstep and ended up stepping on the Queen's foot. He immediately stopped and was scared that he hurt Queen Klea.

"I'm sorry!" Jerii muttered, trying not to cause a scene.

"Come on Jerii!" Masa urged "Pull yourself together!"

"We know you dance all the time," Mune whined "Come on, what's the big difference?"

"I've only practiced dancing on the broomstick, when I'm on cleaning duty in the barracks," Jerii thought.

"Well, the Queen is rather small, and she's wide at all, so you shouldn't have a problem," Masa remarked.

"Just pretend she's the broom you practice with almost every other day," Mune advised "and you should be fine."

"That might just work!" Jerii shouted.

The band then began to play a slower song, as if they knew that Jerii needed a change of pace before he would attempt to dance with the Queen once more. He then looked into the Queen's eyes and gave her a bright smile, then in his head he began to recall all the steps he did with the broomstick. Slowly, Jerii began to sway back and forth, leading Queen Klea along with him. The music began to pick-up, noticing the dancers were finally able to adjust to each other.

"There you go!" Masa and Mune screamed.

Jerii then spun the Queen, and continued to dance through the entire song. He felt as if he was floating in the air, enjoying the weightlessness of a carefree mind. Finally, he dipped the Queen, upon hearing the final note of the tune, and released has hands from the Queen bowing. The crowd applauded the two, to show that they enjoyed the performance.

"Thank you, your majesty," Jerii smiled.

He wiped the sweat from his face as he seated the Queen back to the head of the table. He then returned to his seat, still flustered over the events that have just passed.

"Heh, you always seem to dig yourself out of a grave," Masa laughed.

"If you take away your little fumble in the beginning of the dance, you gave quite the show," Mune noted "Good job Jerii."

"Thanks for the advice guys, I just hope the Queen had as much fun as I did," Jerii whispered.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Her Movements graceful and light, the Queen moves through the song trying at first not to laugh at the nervousness of the Squire nor wince as he trods on her tiny foot... Then slowly as Jerii relaxes she gives a smile of approval thinking that he does dance well, just so long as he doesn't think himself into a panic.

Still, she makes a mental note to have Jerii take dancing lessons with her Jean Louis to improve on untrained talent. Klea peeks over her shoulder to observe Jean Louis and Quinn dancing a short distance away. Her favored Duke glides across the floor so elegantly even lifting Quinn and turning with her held above him. she then makes a second mental note to give Jean Louis' dancing teacher a gift for her good services.

Finally she is led back to her seat where she can continue to watch the dancers. She does give Jerii a winning smile sure to dazzle and gives his hand a gentle squeeze before releasing it.*

"A splendid dance young man... I was quite pleased with it. There shall be more dancing for the court this evening but I believe I shall retire to my chambers. Jean Louis will see that you and that delightful young woman are quartered for the evening.
    I expect I shall see you tommorow afternoon in the Royal rose gardens for tea. Do not be late."

*Rising once more, the Queen passes a look to Ishamel and exits the Dining hall with her entourage in tow.*

*Jean Louis smiles down at Quinn in sheer joy as they twirl, dip and fly through a graceful but complicated style of dance. Of tall and leanly muscled build, the young Duke of Evan-fleur is not nearly as bulky and brawny as some of his older brothers. Yet everyone is always so surprised at how strong he actually is. Using that hidden strength he can easily lift Quinn above his head and turn about so that she seems to fly above him.

In all his enjoyment of the dance he does not even notice the various attempts of some young women trying to come close enough to cut in. Some young ladies even attempt to try and trip Quinn as they dance past with their partners, hoping to embarass her in front of Jean Louis. What they don't realize is that there is no one else the Duke wishes to dance with at present and the Lady is better balanced than they can imagine.*

"Video et Taceo"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haldir went around gathering elven soldiers until he decided to go to medias res. He rode into the city with more than 60,000 elven soldiers behind him and ready to fight for medias res. This was the largest army to enter the city in a hundred years. Haldir entered the castle and walked to the queen and said "i bring this army for you to use as you wish but i ask for one thing that your guard amazon comes with me to find the queen of the wood elves," haldir said while looking the queen in the eyes. There was nothing but want of his mother back in his eyes not revenge but love. Haldir needed someone to help him on his quest that he felt could help him. He felt that amazon could help him and he knew she was a good fighter. The dwarf ,blanden, that was in charge of the nearby tavern was with haldir.

Member lord_saikuya is on a distinguished road lord_saikuya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2005 02:38 PM
    Threads

Crea sighed, realizing what had passed through the young womans mind. "Tell her majesty that while i do not revoke my invitation to her or any of her being, she is right and I will instead go along with tradition and have Preistess of Carn Sa Shrine to preform the ceremony." He curtised to her with his hand, lowering his head slightly. He then turned and sensed that something was wrong. He immediatly hurried off to find Minister Avan and see what was so urgent. Another feeling, one from Medias Res passed through him and more worry poured over him.
    Oh the wind in heaven, could you please stop the flow of the sky between the clouds so that we could enjoy watching these beautiful girls dancing for one more while...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deo ate and when he finally finished he left to the side of the room.He watched Queen Klea dance.She was an elegant sight to behold as Deo stood off to the side watching her.He sighed as he looked around.It had been awile since he had danced in a ballroom, and even when he had danced he had been very young.Deo wanted to ask Klea to not address him by the title he once went by.He hadn't chose that course and he was not ashamed of it.He wondered if anyone had noticed that Klea had adressed him by lord.He gazed warily at the opposite side of the room.In deep thought he thought about his past.The decisions he had made, why he had made them and other things of little concern to other people.He saw Klea leaving and he followed her.It wasnt until he was with her in the corridor that he spoke up "Klea....I wanted to ask you a few things....."

Senior Member Tora_No_Unmei has a spectacular aura about Tora_No_Unmei has a spectacular aura about Tora_No_Unmei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2005 09:03 PM
    Threads

Quinn kept her steps light. Even as a squire-in-training, they'd learned some dancing. Since after all, some day they might have had to go to a ball and dance with someone so better to learn the steps. She was unable to hold the small laugh when Jean Louis had lifted her and spun, keeping her balance well.

When she'd spotted Jerii dancing with Queen Klea, she had to grin. Masa and Mune must have talked him into it. Thats the only way she could rationalize him asking. She didn't even seem to notice the girls trying to trip her. Her body seemed to be alert to the movement, a foot raised slightly higher when one such tried, and placed easily. Her grace never changed even when she evaded feet.

On one pass around where she could see the face of one such young lady who tried to trip her, she flashed the girl a satisfied grin before lifting her gaze to Jean Louis, head tilted slightly.

Once again she reached mentally to Jerii, keeping an eye on him when she needed to,'Hey Roman? Would you care to dance next after Jean Louis? That is if you don't mind other girls trying to trip me. But I leave it up to you. You can compair dancing with different heights. The Queens and my own.'

Quinn was a bit shorter then Jerii, but only by an inch so they were usually able to see face to face better. She left it open to Jerii, eyeing another girl who tried to shove her and force her to stumble, only the slightest shove against her side. Quinns response to the shove was a low grunt and side stepping the girl to get out of her reach.
    Last edited by Tora_No_Unmei; 02-02-2005 at 04:12 PM.

All thanks go to Nyanko for the nice signature of the tiger cubs.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Looking up at Deo inquisitively as she walks to her chambers she opens her mouth to reassure him that anything he wishes to know she would tell him, when Haldir enters in a hurry.

The impact of his statement widens her eyes considerably and she turns to gaze at Mia (Amazon) who she had taken with her when leaving the Dining hall. Watching her long time guard and friend she sighs.*

"Lord Elf, I am her Queen but I cannot speak entirely for her as this is not concerning a personage of Medias Res Directly. If Mia cares to go with you she may. If not then I will certainly not force her and she may stay by my side without shame. But it must be her decision.

She and I shall discuss this in private and when she is ready she will answer you yes or no. In the meantime refresh yourself with food and drink... I doubt it will take Mia long to answer, if anything she is decisive.

I would also recommend the services of my Lord Deo. He is a very skilled fighter who is well versed in matters of dangerous situations. He too may go if he so desires.... Deo... Speak to Lord Haldir and make your decision.. I shall go now to speak with my Mia."

*With a slight nod she motions to her ladies to follow her into her private chambers and with them disappears behind closed doors. Some Male Guards stand before the doors to let anyone know that no one is to enter. Only Jean Louis may do so or bring anyone in.*

* As soon as the door is closed and barred, Klea smiles and touches a delicate hand to Mia's arm, grey eyes warm with affection.*

"Dear Mia... You know of the Elven Queen. Will it find favor in joining the party to retrieve her? I will not press you on this in either direction but know that whatever your choice you have my complete support."

*Smiling still she allows her other maids to remove her elaborate gown and jewelery as she awaits Mia's answer. The Queen is quickly dressed in a nightgown of silk so fine as to be spun from moonlight and that which floats around her like a gathering of evening mist, fluttering at every small movement. Over her nightgown she dons a long and heavy robe of Ruby silk and velvet.*

* Jean Louis gives the young woman who shoved Quinn and very outraged look and under his Grace the Duke of Evan-fleur's angered gaze the woman curtsies very low to Quinn and turns red with embarassment as she begs her pardon and shuffles off the dance floor.

Resuming the dance Jean Louis lifts Quinn up again as is part of the steps and when her feet touch ground again he speaks.*

"... Tell me My lady, have I told you how every woman in the room tonight pales in comparison to your beauty? I can only imagine it is the very vision of your lovelyness which has so many so very distracted as to fumble and stumble into us...You are divine to behold."

*His tone is so soft and blue eyes warm with admiration for her.*

"The Queen has invited you to tommorow night's entertainments. As it is nearly midsummer I believe it will be for us to mill around the Queen's lake in small but luxurious wooden boats... Dear Lady, I would be honored if you would join me in mine."

*His gaze turns hopeful as he would very greatly enjoy her company on what is normally a fairly boring event. Being rowed around the Royal Lake in a silk organdy veiled boat while reclining on plump and soft silk pillows exchanging comments with other nobles in other boats never really interested Jean Louis, but as it is tradition for the Queen to hold such an event and all the major noble houses to attend he will do as his Mistress wishes and sail around, even if it does make him feel a little silly.

Most of the young people of the court thought of this event with great relish and anticipation. After all, it was a chance for young men to be able to spend time alone with their chosen ladies and for the women it was exciting to compare how many invitations you received and how high ranking the men were from whom the invitations were received.

Above such shallow competitveness or even the remotest of lusty thoughts, Jean Louis simply thought of it as rather boring and hoped to ensure some company to lighten that tedium with decent conversation. Jean Louis knew that he could easily find escort for Jerii as well... Perhaps even with some sweet and accomodating young lady on which his friend could learn a bit about handling women. *

"Video et Taceo"

Queen of the Airheads ^,~ Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess is a glorious beacon of light Amazon_Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2006 03:17 PM
    Threads

Mia follows the Queen into the room. She is silent for a moment as the Queen speaks. Then, thinking carefully she makes her decision. "Your highness, if I would better serve you by helping the Elven Queen, then consider it done. I will leave immediately with your blessing." she said smiling.

It had been a while since she had spoken to the Queen, and even though now wasn't the time for catching up. A sigh escaped her lips as she realized that it would probably be some time before she returned to the castle. And so much could happen in that time. She feared for the Queen's safety, though she knew perfectly well that if needed, the Queen could care for herself.

"Well, I hope that in my absence you will be safe your highness..." she said hesitantly, not wanting to sound paranoid. "I guess I will see you when I return." She smiled again and quickly curtsied (still in her dress) and made her way to the door.

Member lord_saikuya is on a distinguished road lord_saikuya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2005 02:38 PM
    Threads

The stage was set. Guests lined the room as the preistess appeared at the altar. Crea appeared at the entrance and began to walk torwards her. The guests watched him intently as his mind raced. He scaned the crowd with his eyes in search of her or something from her, but then he thought what did you expect. Why would she wanna grace a no nothing young prince who has no idea what he is doing? His country is slowly collapsing so, what has she to worry about? No, he was wrong, he did'nt know her all that well, but he knew that was'nt what she thought. Rather it was what he felt. He kneeled down at the altar and looked at the caring caring face of the preistess.
    "Crea, I am happy to say that you I am preforming this great feat. So without delay I ask you to repeat after me. I, Crea, Prince of Plytori Amorth do hereby decree... To follow in my fathers steps and do my best... To lead this country on a just and peaceful path... To walk in the light and not the darkness... And finally... To always put my people's needs over my own..."
    Crea repeated all this with the strength of his father's legacy welling up inside him...
    As he finished, the preistess turned and pulled a silver halo that twisted around itself. Sapphires sat inbedded in each spot where the two silver peices crossed. She placed it around his forehead and said. " Stand, King of Plytori... Your kingdom awaits you..."

The guests clapped and the people throughout the city cheered for they were watching in the gazing fountains... The banquets started and he sat in his chair as each lady and lord in the country pledged their allegiance to him.
    A young woman clad in a silk white gown with a lace shawl wrapped around her arms and pearls strung through her long red hair that was pinned back apon her head. Her blue eyes twinkled as she approached him... " My lord, I am Tamra of Xanti Heights in the north. My father who is ill, has asked me to come and show his alligiance to you..." She curtised and smiled. He nodded and watched as she walked away. Plates apon plates of food were brought in. The guest laughed and ate merrily and before long they were all out in the clearing dancing under the shaded lamps. Crea noticed Tamra and approached her. She looked up and smiled... " Could I have the honor of dancing with you?" he asked.
    She replied by saying, "The honor would be mine.." Standing up and placing her hand in his, he led her to the dance area and placed his arm around her hip and took the other in his. They danced, staring into each other eyes while the entire court watched and wondered what this could mean...
    He did'nt know what it was but there was something about her that he could'nt quite place. His heart jumped when he thought of her and looked into her eyes. The tiny bells on her gown chimmed merrily as they danced around in circles.
    Meanwhile the preistess stood watching him. Your so worried about fai ling your country young king, but unknownst to you, this country will be one of the few shining beacons of hope in the darkness of the future because of you. Hold fast child for it could sweep you away. I wish you and Lady Tamra a fruitful life. You know of what I speak... With that she dissapeared and the banquet contined as the rest of the court joined in on the dancing and drinking and eating....
    Oh the wind in heaven, could you please stop the flow of the sky between the clouds so that we could enjoy watching these beautiful girls dancing for one more while...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deo knodded as he looked at Haldir."Yes Haldir I will go with you if you so truly wish it" Deo said as he watched Queen Klea leave.He drew his broadsword and leans on it waiting for Haldir's reply.He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head."What happened Haldir?"He sighed as he said this.He pondered something as he he spoke with out thinking "Say Haldir.....are you of noble blood?".He looked up suddenly realising what he had said.

Junior Member Pretty Boy of Evil is an unknown quantity at this point Pretty Boy of Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2005 07:21 PM
    Threads

<Ramarren>

He ascends swiftly. None of the queen's so-called worthies bothers to stop a disheveled servant.

A broken spearhead rings out as it strikes the narrow stair and tumbles thrice before coming to its final rest. Ramarren doesn't bother to clean up the bloodstains left on the flagstones; that's what the real, better dressed servants are for. At least it is no longer buried in his left shoulder. Damned inconvenient.

By the time he stands before the queen's door under the quizzical gaze of her harem, the wound is gone.

His voice is the tearing of old leather.

"Move aside."
    ethos anthropos daimon

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*For a long moment the young women of the Queen's Order stare at Ramarren in disbelief bordering on disdain. Who is this gruby man who has the look of a street beggar, boldly striding up to the chamber doors of Her Royal Majesty and demanding entrance when their mistress specifically demanded that she be given utter privacy.

A few of the younger Maidens nearly glower and give Ramarren the short and sharp side of their temper when the Queen's two favorite women nudge them aside. Heloise and Isabelle curtsy deeply to the man and following their lead amid some confusion and distaste the other women open the doors allowing Ramarren entry.

Klea glances upward from her perusal of a book as she hears the doors of her private sitting area open and close decisively, immediately identifying the rude, uncouth filthy beast of meat and hair known as Ramarren, her smile brightens and widens with adoration and glee.

The Queen quickly closes her book and sets it aside as she rises to greet him, her long Silk and velvet robes of a ruby color swishing in an echo of her swift movements spurred by a happy eagerness.*

"I smell fresh blood on you Ramarren, I can only imagine not all if any of it is yours?"

"Video et Taceo"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Deo Remarren enter Queen Klea's quarters.He sighed as he leaned against the wall.He dropped his sword and merely slid down the wall.He kept his knees close to his chest as he wrapped his arms around his legs."Everyone can speak to her but me..." Deo muttered with a distastful tone in his speech.He looked down the corridor as he sighed again.He pulled his sword up and put it to the ground inbetween his legs staring at the blade.He saw his reflection and he looked deep at it.He went into a deep train of thought.Most of it was time before he was a mercenary.

Junior Member Pretty Boy of Evil is an unknown quantity at this point Pretty Boy of Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2005 07:21 PM
    Threads

<Ramarren>

He snorts with derision.

"I haven't washed my cloak since your royal father wielded his royal tool."

His hood falls. Sunken eyes meet her gaze.

"I failed again. You will have to endure my presence awhile longer."

He pauses, icing his words with yet more sarcasm.

"You're horrified, I can tell."
    ethos anthropos daimon

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*Klea's eyes narrow slightly as she allows her gaze to sweep over Ramarren studying every aspect of his appearence, from dirt bag clothing to nondescript homely face... and she knew his attitude was even worse. And yet... yet her mouth tugs in an unwilling smile. Only Ramarren could say things like that to her and not be thrown into the dungeon or worse but instead coax a smile or even a laugh. If whatever quality he held could be bottled and sold the men of her court would pay a fortune for it.

Still not wishing to give the game away entirely she lifts an eyebrow high and offers him an equally sarcasting retort.*

"Failed again Ramarren? I do wonder how you lift yourself from under whatever rock you hide beneath everyday to try again. Oh well I suppose we might just have to make room for you here somewhere or other."

*a touch of laughter warms her voice as she had some time ago given him a whole wing tower of the castle to himself as a residence knowing his love of privacy and solitude. Though he only uses a tiny area he cleared out like a monk's cell, the whole of the tower is put at his disposal including an observatory, a library full of precious and rare books and even a laboratory should he wish to use any of them.*

"Still.. I believe you won't be too uncomfortable... we can even have your cloak washed for you if it indeed has been a long time since you and my royal father had been on.. 'speaking' terms. Only you would know ofcourse and thus could be the only one to tell me as father has passed away some months ago."

*Some far away sadness darkens her grey eyes to charcoal though her expression stays that perfectly blank polite mask of pure pleasantness. Blinking they revert to their usual stormy nature revealing little of the woman behind the royal spendor for though she stands in naught but her nightgown and silken robe with nary crown, scepter, nor smallest piece of jewelry nothing can take that regal aura from her for she is truely royal and the rest are mere props.*

"Video et Taceo"

Closed Thread

Thread Information