AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Ps1 or Ps2?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS1

6 14.29%
  • PS2

36 85.71%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS1 or PS2?

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2005 02:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default PS1 or PS2?

Kind of thought about this more after the good ps games thread....So what do you guys think? Personally, I believe that PS1 was easily the more superior of the two. While obviously weaker graphics-wise, look at the game library!! EPIC to say the least...FFVII-IX, Tekken 1-3, Tenchu, Castlevania: SOTN, Breath of Fire 3+4, legend of legaia, crash series, spyro series, soul calibur, the list goes on and on! Nowadays, SQuenix turns out crap like FFX and (hurls) X-2, somehow convinced that if they make it pretty enough, people will slip into a coma and forget it's a bad game. PS2 also sucked as a far as any rpg fan was concerned, lets just hope ps3 brings new tides of happiness

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

PS2 is better in my opinion (Admittingly I'm not a huge RPG fan), The limitations on the PS1 were too great to produce many decent games outside of RPG's. My GTA:SA can take your FF7 anyday.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Member Cloud99 is on a distinguished road Cloud99's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2005 05:38 PM
    Threads

well as for rpgs on the ps2 i would like to metion disgaea it is possible the best rpg since ff7 and is definetly better than ffx-2
    Final Fantasy Best rpg Ever

Feel free to challenge me in battle

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

I hate rpg's but i love shooters (of the space kind) and platformers so my vote goes to ps2. Ps1 had some fantastic platformers of cource like crash and spyro but the ones today are more sophisticated and theres more of them.

Junior Member Nintendo_raver is on a distinguished road Nintendo_raver's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2005 04:57 PM
    Threads

i live for RPG's and fighting games like D.O.A. 3 i play it at my friends houes and every body like HELO or/and HELO2 i do to but thers going to be a movie to it with rell ppl. thats what thay say in dragen ball Z movie. and later ppl

Decendent Of Fianna Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca is infamous around these parts Orca's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2013 03:47 AM
    Threads

well ps1 games r kool/good/challegeing buttwo is better no doubt about it because u can play ps1 games anyways
    "I have Negative Rep, help me on the quest to obtain 0 rep points"
    Current Rep: -1478 <--Mission Start.
    Thank You To All Supporters

Freshman= W00t W00t!! Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

PS2 is nice. I like the games they have for it. ^^ (FFX-II)

Master of Jinchuu Himura Enishi is on a distinguished road Himura Enishi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

PS2 is nice. I like the games they have for it. ^^ (FFX-II)
    ugh, dont even get me started again about that........thing....

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If we're going to talk about the systems themselves, then let's be reasonable. Let's not mention games at all. Let's mention the design, the things the system can do, and etc.

ps2 get's my vote because it can play DVD's, it's black, and I'm used to grey or white systems. You can stand it up on edge so it can take up less space on your desk, you can stack things on it, without having to take everything off of it, just to be able to put in a disc.

You can't talk about a system, and ask which one's better, and talk about just games. The system has to do with games, yes, but the system has nothing to do with games. You talk about FFX sucking and etc, but that was done by Square, not playstation. Different companies.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

PS2 of course. You say Sqarenix sucks? Yeah? Since you so know about RPGs why don't we talk about Star Ocean 3? Now THAT one can take your FFVII anyday. Yeah, I agree that PS1 had many great titles, but let's not forget the fact that it had existed for more than what... 8 years? Or maybe more?
    Now PS2, that is MUCH newer than PS1 has many better titles than the whole "library" you mentioned... Star Ocean 3, Bloody Roar 4, GTA: San Andreas, Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven, Tekken Tag Tournment... If I were to list all of the awesome games that the PS2 has I'd just go on and on and on.
    Besides, there is also de console thing, as already mentioned by Ai...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

yeah, I kinda worded that poorly, I guess I kinda wanted to compare the game libraries more than the actual systems, since ps2 is obviously superior there. To DD, yeah the ps1 had 8 years, and ps2 has what, 5 years under it's belt, not that far behind buddy...Yes I DO believe Square-Enix sucks, the quality of games they have pushed out pales in comparison to the ones of SquareSoft with very few exceptions. I dislike them even more so now that they've given up on the chrono trigger series. Star Ocean 3 was fairly good, but taking FFVII, dont think so, but thats just opinions, like all the other games you listed...and as for tekken after tag tournament namco's all but butchered the game, which is a real shame being that it was my fav. fighting game

Wife of a Ghost BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2008 12:05 AM
    Threads

what do u think will happen if square-enix collapses? all final fantasys may probly be discontinued...oh yeah...some other third party will try to be cool and recreate the game as great as it used to be...that just ruins everything doesnt it? Someone gimme a comment on this one to see if anyone agrees!

Larsa Ferrinas Solidor Furio Goldenthread will become famous soon enough Furio Goldenthread will become famous soon enough Furio Goldenthread's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2006 11:08 AM
    Threads

Okay. PS2 definitely has it on the graphics. And the sound. RPG wise, not so good. I mean they added voices to FFX And FFXII but thats about all they did to it and there were much too many limitations on ps1 to do that. It has many other better areas with good games its not the system, its the companies that put onto the system that are bad.

Joker Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x is a jewel in the rough Sega saturn x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2006 05:09 PM
    Threads

The only genre ps1 did better has to be 2-d games because simply put theres more of them. And ai yeah the look of the system does matter but its the games that make or break a system.

Myrra's property :) Zingo has a spectacular aura about Zingo has a spectacular aura about Zingo has a spectacular aura about Zingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2005 01:05 PM
    Threads

PS2 of course. Baka. It pwns ps1 so hard. It can even play it's games.
    Haha, I win

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

lol, Zingo said it all. "It can even play its games". Enough said.

Member Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle has a reputation beyond repute Axle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2005 12:33 PM
    Threads

I like some games for the Ps1 like wild arms 2 (the greatest game ever!) but I like the Ps2's selection of games and the graphic's are good to.

You may call me V sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

ps2 is cheap now and also it plays dvds ps1 games and it just makes sense to choose it because it is everything the ps1 is and more so why do you even need this thread it is retarted and pointless i mean what is the point in ps1 when ps2 is the same thing with many upgrades

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Senior Member Serinime is on a distinguished road Serinime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2005 09:36 PM
    Threads

I agree with sword_master. Just get the ps2 because it plays DVDs and ps1 games as well as playing online with other people. A total upgrade to the ps1! I suggest getting the ps2.
    Anime Artist (in training)

You may call me V sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master has a reputation beyond repute sword_master's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-31-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

thank you very much i will give you rep and i still vote for ps2

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Senior Member Zack2 will become famous soon enough Zack2 will become famous soon enough Zack2's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2006 12:51 PM
    Threads

I agree the Ps2 is really awsome improvement and my family has about 4 ps2's and they are thinking of getting the PSP in april. So i am looking forward to the next playstation console to come out

Junior Member billabong is on a distinguished road billabong's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2005 01:07 PM
    Threads

i like ps2's graphics but ps1 has ff1-9

spirit of total darkness Shadow_Warrior will become famous soon enough Shadow_Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2006 11:11 PM
    Threads

aside for the FF series PS2 is the best but you can play PS1 games on there so PS2 is the best

Member killermike14 is infamous around these parts killermike14 is infamous around these parts killermike14 is infamous around these parts killermike14's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2005 09:58 PM
    Threads

Wink hi

hih34r:

Junior Member [.Kawaii.] is on a distinguished road [.Kawaii.]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2005 12:53 PM
    Threads

PS2 is definitely more advanced and far better in many ways.
    The kawaii-ness of me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information