AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst Dubbed Anime Ever!

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Best and Worst Dubbed Anime Ever!

The majority of people apart of this forum (including me) cannot STAND some of the anime's that have been dubbed. But some of the dubbed anime's aren't that bad. So, just questioning you all, which anime do you believe to be the worst dubbed and which anime do you believe is the best (or at least satisfactory) dubbed. (This goes for rewriting of storylines and characters as in sailor moon AND voice actors.)

My opinion? Well, to be honest i haven't seen a TON of anime but the worst dubbed that i have seen would be sailor moon (even though that's how i got into anime, DiC and cloverway really screwed it up. the original is so much better!) the best, well, that's tough but i think cowboy bebop has very good voice actors. heck, I'M satisfied.

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

Senior Member Moon Blade is on a distinguished road Moon Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2005 11:47 PM
    Threads

Worst: Tenchi Muyo GXP. I could not stand most of the female voices.

Best: FLCL. I LOVE the Fooly Cooly dub. So well done!

The Honorable Reaper WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2006 12:00 AM
    Threads

My vote for the worst dub ever is a split between Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardcaptor Sakura. Just about everything that could have been done wrong with these dubs was.

With Yu-Gi-Oh!, death was changed to being 'sent to the shadow realm' or 'mysteriously disappearing', everything was americanized, characters couldn't go for 2 minutes without saying something incredibly stupid or nonsensical, and the censorship, oh god the censorship! As for Cardcaptor Sakura, the only thing I'll say is that the characters don't even have the same relationships that they should!

Okay, for the best dub, I'd probably have to go with Gundam SEED.

Censorship is totally unheard of in this dub. The voice actors all sound like the original seiyuu's did (with the notable exception of one...). And everything has been translated perfectly, almost to a fault (by that, I mean that the characters sometimes talk a bit too fast in order to get in all of their lines). The only other bad thing about it is that the opening-Invoke-was cut down to about 20 seconds (also, no other openings are used). Although they did fully keep in the ending.
    Family

Brother in Arms: Saint Mana
    Sister in Arms: JiruCloud
    Sister: Anbu-Kakashi

Senior Member Moon Blade is on a distinguished road Moon Blade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-24-2005 11:47 PM
    Threads

Yes...most dubs made for TV are not good. I clearly forgto to mention the Sailor Moon dub, the accuracy and quality is not there. I am sure Yu Gi Oh and Sakura are the same way (though I have not seen them).

Digital Plague Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire has much to be proud of Azreal Hellfire's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ShadowMancerX

His and hers i think is the name is the best dub and the worst has to be the samurai x ova movies, although if ya listen to it in the original japanese it sounds find but subtitled and english dun go well with it nuh uh no way!
    Family
    Grease monkey heavy metal uncle Therebel
    Uncannily strong brother, Death warrior
    Geekish other Brother D-man

Member RizaBabe is on a distinguished road RizaBabe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2005 07:03 AM
    Threads

Pokemon ~ Worst dub @_@!

GO GO BATMAMZ!! Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo has a reputation beyond repute Taikyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2010 05:18 AM
    hmm....i forgot....let me get back to you on that.
    Threads

I think that One Peice (how could they make that be Sanji's voice ;_;? i like the Japanese one better.)was a really bad dubbed one, also CCS the movie 2, and Yugi-oh too! But the best one that was dubbed english would have to be Fruits Basket ^_^. I just loooove Hatori's and Yuki's voice, and Yuyu hakusho. Kurama's voice and everyone else's voice matches.

The Honorable Reaper WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper has a spectacular aura about WhiteReaper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2006 12:00 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by tenshi_hime
    I think that One Peice (how could they make that be Sanji's voice ;_;? i like the Japanese one better.)was a really bad dubbed one
    I feel your pain my friend. Even though I've never heard his japanese voice, I've read the manga, and I could tell that his voice should never have sounded like the dub made it...

Upon hearing his voice for the first time, I lost all faith in mankind.
    Family

Brother in Arms: Saint Mana
    Sister in Arms: JiruCloud
    Sister: Anbu-Kakashi

fan of j-rap Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji has a brilliant future Chouji's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2006 01:13 PM
    in twilight town with pence,hayner,olette and roxas
    Threads

ummmmmmm i thinks the worst dubbed one would have to be ranma 1/2 the first movie

Thank you crazy. cookie for this sig
    We're simply performers; we don't want to preach," says Diggy-MO. "Japanese hip-hop isn't much of a medium for strong messages like that yet. Maybe it's to do with the Japanese temperament, but strong messages like that would seem too obtrusive."

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

The two worst dubbed animes would have to be Cardcaptors and Sailor Moon. They changed so much in both animes; not only the names are different, but all gay/lesbian context is gone! Instead, Uranus and Neptune are cousins and Li is just really afraid of "Julian".

The best two in my opinion are Cowboy Bebop and Magic Users Club. Out of the entire cast of Cowboy Bebop, the woman who voiced Ed was the best in my opinion. She captured Eds innocence and free spirit perfectly. And from Magic Users Club. the voice actor for Sae was a shining jewel. Saes awkwardness and clumsiness is brought to life by the voice actor. In anime, there are some really bads and some really great dubs.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Kira_luna is on a distinguished road Kira_luna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2005 10:21 PM
    Threads

talk about bad dubbing! one of the worst is definitely Ceres! They messed that up so much, the characters sound nothing like i couldve ever imagined! The dubbing in Abenobashi is bda for the voices, those people have southern accents, though that actually makes it funnier. One Piece has some bad dubbing for some of the characters so does pokemon.

as for the best, FlCl is great! The dubbing for angel sanctuary is good, and its pretty good for Inuyasha too. I also like the dubbing for Rurouni Kenshin.
    Give yourself the time you need to be who you really are. You are somewhere just inside yourself, y'know?

Ive got 1 brother, Dyne

Mr. Slurpee xD Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2007 12:24 AM
    Threads

the chrno crusade, chobits, and hack//sign were dubbed really well
    as for worst some of the inuyasha episodes dubbing sucked
    Goddess-Aki~Seductress-Tsuna~Mistress-negi
    Wifeess-missy~Stalkeress-capo~Temptress-DK

Biscuit Lover ;3 Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2011 11:13 PM
    Threads

shaman king
    one piece
    super milk chan

trigun, Gad Guard, cowboy bebop, were all dubbed really well

Senior Member Leon Magnus will become famous soon enough Leon Magnus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2005 10:40 PM
    Threads

-shrug- for me..

Worst: .Hack//Legend of Twilight bracelet(Dusk)

Best: .Hack//Sign

I'm a twit Thenox is on a distinguished road Thenox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2005 05:50 AM
    Threads

best dubbed gotta be spriggan!

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ami~chan
    Out of the entire cast of Cowboy Bebop, the woman who voiced Ed was the best in my opinion. She captured Eds innocence and free spirit perfectly.
    THANK YOU! i LOVE ed's voice actress! she DOES capture ed's innocence and free spirit. (actually, i just love her for her work on invader zim as gaz, but that's not anime.) anyway, i've been waiting for someone to comment her work. THANK YOU!

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

Fluffy Bunney Demon Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura has much to be proud of Kinomoto,Sakura's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2005 04:28 PM
    Threads

I still like Cardcaptors but I am still really upset about taking out the romance and other things.I guess Cardcaptors is O.K.like the episode:The Switch.lol.But some episodes are terrible likeragon Slayer.
    Just once i wish someone would say I love you...

...and actually mean it.

Senior Member Kira_luna is on a distinguished road Kira_luna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2005 10:21 PM
    Threads

Arrow worst dubbed

another anime i thought of i Chobits. While some of the character voices are decent, some are horrible, and almost all were different than i wouldve expected.
    Give yourself the time you need to be who you really are. You are somewhere just inside yourself, y'know?

Ive got 1 brother, Dyne

Junior Member big anime fan 12345667870 is on a distinguished road big anime fan 12345667870's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2005 05:31 PM
    Threads

[QUOTE=inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089]THANK YOU! i LOVE ed's voice actress! she DOES capture ed's innocence and free spirit. (actually, i just love her for her work on invader zim as gaz, but that's not anime.) anyway, i've been waiting for someone to comment her work. THANK YOU! [/Q

cowboy bebop is the best and Eds voice is really finds her chariter well well fore give me I can spell that well I love invader zim to I also own cowboy bebop the movie

Member avrilfan45 is on a distinguished road avrilfan45's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2005 11:42 AM
    Threads

i think the worst is sailor moon by a longshot because america thinks om my god lesbo contact kill it they are so like pixies anyway id have to say the best is gundam seed

Senior Member Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt has a reputation beyond repute Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-29-2010 12:41 PM
    Threads

Smile Oh-ho-ho-ho! You have no idea...

BEST!
    Inuyasha
    AzuManga Daioh
    Angelic Layer

WORST!
    Wedding Peach
    Tokyo Mew Mew (now known as "Mew Mew Power...DAMN YOU 4KIDS!)
    Cardcaptors (so-so in my opinion)

Member hyllboy88 is on a distinguished road hyllboy88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2007 04:23 PM
    Threads

the worst dubbed anime ever is speed racer hands down

Member hyllboy88 is on a distinguished road hyllboy88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2007 04:23 PM
    Threads

a really good dubbed anime to look out for is inuyasha

Member Illidan is on a distinguished road Illidan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2005 10:41 AM
    Threads

best
    Dragon ball,rurouni kenshin and trigun
    worst
    Sailor moon,beyblade and yu gi oh

L33T ryoga-one will become famous soon enough ryoga-one's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2006 08:43 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by hyllboy88
    a really good dubbed anime to look out for is inuyasha
    you say that as if no one here has heard of it before, haha

anyways i made a thread about what i think is the worst, so look for it. what i think the best one is, is... hmm... i'd say excel saga
    Last edited by ryoga-one; 12-13-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information