AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Prom! Help!!

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Unhappy Prom! Help!!

Ok, this is the first year I've ever had a date to prom. I'm a sophmore; I know I should be more experienced at this, but I'm completely clueless. I don't know what direction to step in first; do I buy him a crasage, or whatever the heck that is? How much should I spend on a dress? Gah!! Help, someone!
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

wow thinking about the prom in january....wow....ummmm dont spand to much on ur dress and ummmm, ur date should be the one to guide u in ur prom and by u the flowers for ur arm.....ummm thats it....i wish someone will take me to one....but i was never in one....lol...*runs away*

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2007 01:04 AM
    Threads

Your dress, shoes, hair, nails, etc. should all be on a budget. Try figuring out exactly how much you want to spend overall, then from there dictate a seperate amount for each thing, but remember, you must know IF you have the money or not. Your date will need a flower-thing(I don't know how to spell it) for his jacket lapel. Order one. Then you need to figure our your transportation. Whether he's driving you, or taking a limo, make sure you have that set because I had a bad thing at homecoming last year and oiy. Oh, also, make SURE(if you're doing it yourself) you go through a hair and make-up run with your dress. =/ Don't want something ugly. And accessories are nice when NOT overlydone. =P The End.

Fiddle Faddle Victim Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars has a reputation beyond repute Queen-of-Mars's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Don't spam. ><

One last thing. Do NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT leave your home without lipstick, a bit extra of perfume, and ESPECIALLY money. Something may happen and you might need the extra dinero.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Might be a good idea to see what he is wearing. You do not want to look like opposites, or clash with what you wear.

DECX is no longer here Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account is infamous around these parts Moved_to_new_account's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2005 11:49 AM
    Lurking in the shadows armed with kodachi.......
    Threads

nice one bd, urr, what bd siad before, good luck, hope you don't choke

Can you just not reply to a topic you have no real input into? That is why perfectly good posts get closed.
    Bean
    Last edited by Bean Bandit; 01-02-2005 at 11:58 PM.
    Remade Dark_evo_chaosX.

The Sweetheart Rikku will become famous soon enough Rikku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2005 06:41 PM
    UC Santa Barbara. SB/OC where the drama happens.
    Threads

Ahh yes...prom. The "A la carte of innocense" dancing the night away....

Alright, let me say something. From my prom this is what I did.

-Dress: My dress was from a Jessica McClintock brand because I just LOVE the dresses she makes. Since our prom theme was somewhat "SPRING", I got this $150 light silver-ish white dress at from GroupUSA store with flowers beaded on them. And since I live in Orange County, we tend to dress preppy too.

(that was my dress cept in a diff color)

-Shoes: Match it. Not too high of those heels, and bring a tenis shoes. Why? Because after the prom, you'd wish to be barefooted or in a more comfy shoes. around 20-30 bucks.

-Purse: Match it with the dress or somewhat similar to any sorts of patterns. Theyre usually around 10-15 bucks. Bring a lipstick/chapstick, breath mints, cell phone for the "just in case emergencies", and maybe a tylenol. Usually, after proms get so tiring you might just come down with something the next day.

-Manicure: Pamper your nails and feet girl! Get french nails, they look nice. 20 bucks

-Hair: I had them up and in curls. But choose whatever you like. But "angel breaths" on them (you know...the small white flowers that come with those roses) Or you can have small clipping on them...jewelry that is. 25 bucks

-Misc: Necklace, bracelets, and pocket mirrors are always a good thing to have. 15-20 bucks

-PICTURES: Talk to your date about this one. If youre planning to take pics, choose the right package that they offer, and pic the ones that has more wallet sizes, because his friends and your friends tend to beg for prom pics to swap on. I spent about 140 bucks since I took 4 poses. One with my date, one with the girls, one with the group of friends, and one as a WHOLE GROUP.

I would tell you more things, just PM me. Because I have a lot to warn you about..

-Pronounced 'Cor-sah-g' = Corsage: The flower bracelet that GIRLS wear.
    -Pronounced 'But-ton-neer' = Boutonniere: The one flower that the guys wear in their tuxedos.

My prom date and I matched ours. We went to this flower shop with the lady who gave us a discount on them for about 6 dollars each for them. They were really nice. You can choose what type of color the ribbons to go along with them.

Just don't panick too much. I freaked out when my prom was getting closer and closer and I had to get things done like renting the limo and the dinner at Red Lobster before the prom. Talk to your date too. Don't just do everything on your own.
    Last edited by Rikku; 01-03-2005 at 12:12 AM.
    ! WARNING !
    PROPERTY OF BEAN BANDIT
    + + +
    Angel of Hell. Devil of Heaven

RIKKU OF THE SOLDATS ROYAL FAMILY - VETERAN OF TMDC

Princess of the Moon Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2007 08:37 PM
    Threads

Well, I've never been to a prom before but I've been to a ball or something like that.....
    Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.

Brothers- Darkfire_Destiny, Demon Hunter Dante, Prince Darien
    Sisters- xXDark_Lonely_FairyXx, animeseishi, Dark Foxx, Jagan Eye

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

My school didn't have proms. They believed it promoted sex. -_- Idiots. Anyway, our homecoming was a HUGE deal since it was the only thing we had, so we made it like our prom.

Senior Member Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel has a reputation beyond repute Karel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2023 01:02 PM
    Threads

I never really participated in the prom.. I was so worried about passing that I didn't care to worry about those things =p, that was during my senior year.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I only cared to go my Senior year, and at that point I didn't care.

Mini_Twilight's Slave Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit has a reputation beyond repute Bean Bandit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 09:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Queen-of-Mars
    My school didn't have proms. They believed it promoted sex. -_- Idiots.
    I guess we all know now, what they did on there proms. Sad thing is, just because they couldnt control themselves at your age, doesnt mean your age group is as bad as them.

You sound like you live in that city ... I can't remember the name of it now. The movie starred Kevin Bacon I think. It was a movie about a town that you were not allowed to play rock music, or dance in. "Lets Dance" keeps popping in my head. I know he yells that line at the end of the movie. But I am not sure of the movies name yet. It will hit me later out of the blue.

Bazooka Tooth Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han has a reputation beyond repute Han's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2009 08:08 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Bean: I think that movie was called Footloose or something..

Ami: Well..I don't have any advice to give to you, because I usually skip the school proms. They tend to be very boring.
    Nay.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you guys for all the information and advice. It was so helpful!
    Prom was a week ago (my school is retarded; we have it at the odd time of year) and everything was good. I did not give my date a body piercing when I attempted to put on his butenier (whatever that word is). My white dress was ok looking. I had to hand out some tropheys in front of the entire school, and I tripped in those dang heels, but that was the worst. Good night though, I enjoyed it.
    Thank you again ^^
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Myrra's Favourite Brother Cypher is on a distinguished road Cypher's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2005 09:34 AM
    Threads

Post those pictures. And good thing you were safe.
    [ LORD CYPHER ]

FOUNDER OF THE NEW ROYAL FAMILY OF AF.COM
    Rikku - Myrra - fragile_1 - Ami~chan - KazeSniper

+ BANNER UNDER CONSTRUCTION +

SK/KS - ex.Member of the Royal Family of TMDC. - R.I.P.

[ The EX k.SILVERHEART ]

Lord Sesshomaru's Flunky Predator will become famous soon enough Predator's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2005 12:18 AM
    In the trees with my thermal vision tracking device on you!
    Threads

Do what ever you please!!! Just have fun!!! But dont hurt yourself to much O.o
    COOLEST FORUM FAMILY
    Angelic Mother: Anonymous
    Angelic twin-sister: Negi
    Lovely step-sister: Milly ^^
    Real Robotechincal brother: Robofighter

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

I was also clueless for my prom, but luckily my date wasnt.

Hope you enjoy the prom. Relax. Its all cool in the end, as long as the food and drinks stay away from the clothes ^^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eh, I got tons of pictures, and a scanner. I've scanned two or three of them, but I have no clue how to get them on AF. Help?
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Myrra's Favourite Brother Cypher is on a distinguished road Cypher's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2005 09:34 AM
    Threads

How about, you upload those picture on photobucket or any website that would host those images for you. Then just give us the link. Better yet, just go to the 'post your pics' thread and upload it from there.
    [ LORD CYPHER ]

FOUNDER OF THE NEW ROYAL FAMILY OF AF.COM
    Rikku - Myrra - fragile_1 - Ami~chan - KazeSniper

+ BANNER UNDER CONSTRUCTION +

SK/KS - ex.Member of the Royal Family of TMDC. - R.I.P.

[ The EX k.SILVERHEART ]

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You are the coolest Daddy ever! Thankies!!
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Former Anbu Assassin Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi has a reputation beyond repute Ninja Hatake Kakashi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2008 07:27 PM
    Threads

uhh never been to a prom but my bro has he was really interested in gettin a kiss i guess that all can help u with give them a kiss dont need to take my advice though

Lovely Siggy From Felicci.91

"In the world of ninja, those who don't follow the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../Scan10003.jpg

There ya go!!! My dress, as you can see, was VERY white. Gah, I look like I should be 13, not 15. I wish I looked older >.< But I love this picture.
    -Soldats Royal Family-

The Sweetheart Rikku will become famous soon enough Rikku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2005 06:41 PM
    UC Santa Barbara. SB/OC where the drama happens.
    Threads

Ahhhhhhh! You look so gorgeous!

But prom in a January. That is retarded.

But still! You you so pretty. *adores you*
    ! WARNING !
    PROPERTY OF BEAN BANDIT
    + + +
    Angel of Hell. Devil of Heaven

RIKKU OF THE SOLDATS ROYAL FAMILY - VETERAN OF TMDC

Member ~illusions~ is on a distinguished road ~illusions~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2005 02:45 PM
    Threads

wow you looked really cute!! eh..wish i coulda given you some prom advice but i just found this forum like 2 seconds ago. everyone seemed to give you good advice anyway. glad to hear everything went well for you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information