AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Revolutionary Girl Utena

Junior Member Thomas Jefferson is on a distinguished road Thomas Jefferson's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2004 07:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Revolutionary Girl Utena

I found this series a few weeks ago at the bookstore about a girl who is looking for her prince charming. "Mr. Licky lick", as he is affectionately called, is at the center of the book's plot, spurring the main character Utena's actions from the day she meets him. The manga even comes complete with several damsels in distress, one who gets chartered back and forth when the victor of a rose battle changes.

When I first picked out the book, the plot was eerily similar to that of Sailor Moon to the point I thought they had ripped the plot off of the older anime and used it to create the newer one! They even had rose rings, symbolic of one's unique powers, just like the batons and stars of The Sailor Scouts!

As for me, I haven't taken such a great liking to the book, so I won't post a favorite character or part.

Anyone else notice this, or am I being overly critical of the two? Did you like the manga? If so, who was your favorite character?

Senior Member DarkGundamPilot is on a distinguished road DarkGundamPilot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2006 04:01 PM
    Threads

RGU doesn't really seem like BSSM. Now Wedding Peach is a big rip off of Sailor Moon.
    "SQUIRRELY WRATH!"

Member Energy Goddess is on a distinguished road Energy Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2005 09:58 PM
    Threads

I have seen the first season and the movie to Utena I would like to see it again.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Ah, Utena...born of the lovely and ever-so-easy-to-adore Oscar of Rose of Versailles. She is among the first of the women-turned-"prince" variety, and the obvious role model for Utena ^^

Member Energy Goddess is on a distinguished road Energy Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2005 09:58 PM
    Threads

the first time I saw this was in my high school but i only saw it in subtitle but that was okay.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Subtitled is better than okay ;p

Koyasu Takehito?? Yum yum... (Touga)
    And I was always impressed with Juri, considering her seiyuu is also known for Sailor Moon's Usagi ^_~

Senior Member Sodina will become famous soon enough Sodina's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2006 01:07 PM
    Threads

Wink

I am not too sure about that. I have only seen a bit of it. But from what I have seen I think it has similarities. It is still different in its own way though. If you think about it, all magical girl anime have something in common and that is why they are in the same category/genre. Maybe I should watch a bit more of it. It might be a rip off Sailor Moon. Honestly I am still not sure. Anyone else have an opinion?

Sniper in the Shadows KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper has much to be proud of KazeSniper's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2005 05:31 PM
    Threads

I haven't seen too much of this anime/manga, but my friend is really into RGU. RGU didn't really catch my interest that much.

Kagome Lover Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy is a name known to all Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy is a name known to all Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy is a name known to all Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy is a name known to all Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy is a name known to all Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy is a name known to all Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2006 09:04 PM
    Threads

from what i saw, i liked it. i didn't like the fact that she dressed in the boys' school uniform. that was a real turn-off. i still like it to a certain extent.

The Death of You Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch has a reputation beyond repute Die Tod von Euch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2009 10:16 AM
    Threads

The rings don't represent the person's individual powers... o_O The rings just mean they are duelists....

Personally, I adore all of the Utena retellings. When I first started watching the anime several years ago, I was kinda "meh" about it... It seemed too silly and weird. But then I realized...there was MEANING to the weirdness. Well, to some of it. Some of it is just fluff. But the meaning that was there, and the plot beneath it all? It was really quite interesting. I fell in love with the anime. The movie broke me at first, but I even love it now to an exent (although I'm not pleased with how much they downplayed Akio's role in the movie). And the manga was instant love.

--
    Goes by: Death, Tod, or Shi

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I've read a few of the manga, but I have not yet had the pleasure of seeing the anime or movie. I, however, immensely enjoyed the manga. Dang it, I'm tired of all these main characters that are nothin' but damsels in distress. Bout time one of'em stepped up to the plate and took charge.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

Ive seen the intro of the anime, and thats about it. It looks cool from what ive seen :P

Priestess of Seiryu Iya is on a distinguished road Iya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2006 03:27 PM
    Threads

One day I saw this little kid watching this and I thought it was really weird.
    I was like, "Isn't that a girl?(Utena) But she/he's dressed like a man. Why is she/he telling that girl that she/he loves her and she/he wants to be with her."
    It was really weird.
    I didn't discover the truth until I read the manga.
    And I don't think that girl was pretty, the girl the two people were fighting for.
    I forget her name....

Junior Member Papalagui is on a distinguished road Papalagui's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2005 10:54 PM
    Threads

Revolutiornay Girl Utena have nothing to do with Sailor Moon...You may say it is a magical-girl anime but even that would be wrong. She have no real powers, she does not act as a super-heroine...(I have watched all the series, not the manga or the movie)...and it a great narrative. Anthy Himenya is one awesome character.
    it is a fantastic re-lecture of mythological narrative (thus the ultra-abusive allegory of the anime) perfectly disguised in the faery tale story (that is why the repetions, etc. Faery tales and mythological narratives use the repetition for they deal with a cyclical time-line)...nothing like the plain simple adventures of Sailor Moon.

Closed Thread

Thread Information