AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The onslaught of closed threads continues

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 09:04 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default The onslaught of closed threads continues

Well, as I've been looking through the forums, more and more threads are getting closed. Now I can understand once a thread gets off topic that there is no reason to keep it any longer, but I mean threads with only a few posts that haven't even got a chance to develop are getting closed, for no reason at all. While other threads that are completly useless manage to stay open, for some reason I'll never understand. I think the mods need to lighten up a bit and stop with the closings just a smidge, whether they get enjoyment from it or just have nothing better to do, I dunno. What is your opinions on this. Now this better not get closed cuz it is freedom of speech, and I am just expressing my concearn on general topics and other topics throughout the forums. I dunno, maybe its the people that just get dumber, or maybe its the mods who have gotten stricter, I dunno. So tell me how you see it.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

People who want to join so far:
    1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Illusionist Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon Lon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 07:00 PM
    Threads

Woh, this thread turned into one giant spam, flame, double posting, and other forms of not coolness thread!

I'm removing any intelectual property I once had here to avoid the mods wrath when they find this thread. If I had the option of deleting my own post....I would. Instead this edit will have to do.

This COULD have been a cool discussion.. could have.
    Last edited by Lon; 10-12-2005 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Don't want to be a part of where this thread is going.

AF's Idiot of the Month Lord Garma Zabi will become famous soon enough Lord Garma Zabi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thats the thing though, by the time I get replied back to, it is almost pointless, since none of the moderators seem to want to hear my pleas out. I just want specific answers to a few of the closings, and since getting a pm back can take forever, this is the quickest way to get it done.
    Last edited by Lord Garma Zabi; 10-12-2005 at 04:18 AM.
    Its supposed to be a challenge thats why its called a shortcut, if it were easy it would just be the way.

Join Neo Avalanche today!!!! PM me if you wish to join. We welcome anyone of any level or rep!

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

These rules were added a few days ago.

And if you have a hard time understanding the zero tolerance rule that has been applied, I guess that even something obvious will be too hard for you to comprehend.

Enjoy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Tolerance for what exactly? A thread is just a simple conversation that should be allowed to continue as long as it stays on topic. Now the topics that were closed stayed on topic and were not getting repetitive, yet were still closed while others that are getting repetitive and/or completly off topic still exsist. Zero tolerance should not be a reason to ignore giving answers, and if it is then I will gladly shut my mouth and leave. But I think we desirve answers, since I doubt I'm the only one who is curious to why its happening.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If you haven't realized yet, we have a chat function for simple conversations.
    As have it been stated on several occasions that the threads of the forum are NOT to be simple chats. They are to be discussions that hopes to have an outcome when it's all over and finished. And "What's your anime soul type" or "My dog died today" won't give any real benefits to the forum.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well then wouldn't that pretty much eliminate polls and such, since those only lead to one person speaking one time about how they feel and thats it. If that were the case, there would be almost no threads, which wouldn't be much fun at all. I can understand restrictions, they are needed, ofcourse. But you can't restrict everything, and by closing the threads that they did, basically stated that almost no conversation shall be allowed any longer. Again, I dunno, maybe I'm just not seeing something, but it appears to me the freedom to speak your mind is slowly deminishing *cough, NAZI's*

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Senior Member F B Lover! will become famous soon enough F B Lover!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2006 04:53 PM
    Threads

I think they sometimes close the threads because of bad language but for pete's sake, everyone let's a word slip sometimes. Iean I get closine pointless threads, but even so, some of them were interesting. They closed a thread before I was done yelling at someone! Anyways I'm totally with you. Give us liberty or give us death! Fight to the bitter end!
    Last edited by F B Lover!; 10-12-2005 at 04:33 AM.
    Sig. made by Spica.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    This is an awesome Naruto Music Video,
    Open Your Soul.
    You can find all the other Naruto Music Videos there. I also reccomend Whisper of the Beast.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lol, thanks man, but to be honest I'm not trying to cause a rebellion, just a recognition that this is a load of crap. I just looked at the first page of threads and there were 5 or 6 threads IN A ROW that were closed. Its not hurting anybody man, get a few giggles in, have an eskimo pie or something. We are just trying to have fun, and you guys are turning it into a buisness world. Let us have our fun, let go a little.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, I'm fairly Nazi, so don't worry.

But you see, the poll function can be used properly.

Let's say in a discussion about the death penalty. For. Against. Uncertrain.

However, having a thread like "hAM OR CHEZE" with a poll function isn't mine or anyone that's trying to make these forums a "tad" decent's idea of a proper poll.

And now, let me demonstrate something with the use of images.

Surely you notice the "poll" icon on the "closed" part and the lack of closing on them other threads?

If not, there's nothing I can do for you. Maybe an optician can help, though.

Edit: There's a BIG difference between CONVERSATIONS and DISCUSSIONS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rogtarck.jpg‎
Views:	60
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	7185  
    Last edited by Zedekiah; 10-12-2005 at 04:35 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But they don't hurt a darn thing, they are there for amusement, humor, and you know what, I WAS GONNA VOTE ON THE HAM OR CHEESE THREAD. Honestly, I went in not even realizing it was closed. That was bull to me, which is what caused me to bring recognition about it.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hey, those can be interesting. Anywho I've wanted to be in another rebellion for ages so I you won't start one I WILL! Who's with me? the one they closed that I was arguing one was about fate or free will. That was a discussion! Not a conversation!
    Last edited by F B Lover!; 10-12-2005 at 04:38 AM.
    Sig. made by Spica.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    Open Your Soul.
    You can find all the other Naruto Music Videos there. I also reccomend Whisper of the Beast.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by F B Lover!
    I think they sometimes close the threads because of bad language but for pete's sake, everyone let's a word slip sometimes. Iean I get closine pointless threads, but even so, some of them were interesting. They closed a thread before I was done yelling at someone! Anyways I'm totally with you. Give us liberty or give us death! Fight to the bitter end!
    Even if this is a bit off-topic and most likely a double post...

I'd give you a bitter death anyday.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    But they don't hurt a darn thing, they are there for amusement, humor, and you know what, I WAS GONNA VOTE ON THE HAM OR CHEESE THREAD. Honestly, I went in not even realizing it was closed. That was bull to me, which is what caused me to bring recognition about it.
    If that's what you want..

http://www.gaiaonline.com/

Bye! And don't come back.

Edit: Sincere apologies for the double post, though. Forgot to alter an earlier post.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I've been here a long time and really don't feel like getting banned, sorry. Rebellions do nothing but get you banned, and if peaceful negotiations like these don't work, rebellions won't either. But by all means, if you really want to then go for it, lol.

But if you wanna talk about a useless effing thread, why not talk about that gay "At the Moment vz 924". It is the most pointless thing ever, yet has had 16 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF IT!!!!!!!!!! That is out of control, and everyone knows it. Its stupid, and if anything, those should go.

And for the record, atleast I haven't broken any rules yet, unlike you who has broken two in the same post.

1. Double posted
    2. Spammed

Thank you and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Lord Garma Zabi; 10-12-2005 at 04:43 AM.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm just bored this morning and I have to finish a big test today at school, so I thought I should get some fun in first. (though I would start a rebellion if I could 'cause I like arguing, I suppose ) By the way, cool sig.
    Last edited by F B Lover!; 10-12-2005 at 04:44 AM.
    Sig. made by Spica.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Open Your Soul.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Garma_Zabi
    I've been here a long time and really don't feel like getting banned, sorry. Rebellions do nothing but get you banned, and if peaceful negotiations like these don't work, rebellions won't either. But by all means, if you really want to then go for it, lol.

But if you wanna talk about a useless effing thread, why not talk about that gay "At the Moment vz 924". It is the most pointless thing ever, yet has had 16 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF IT!!!!!!!!!! That is out of control, and everyone knows it. Its stupid, and if anything, those should go.
    I'm against the majority of those threads.

And had you been here when the forums had recently fused and there was several "family" threads, you'd realize what it is I'm talking about when it comes to spam.

And as I said.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/

Perfect place for you.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

What is spam anyway?
    Sig. made by Spica.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Open Your Soul.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks FB lover. But to get back to the point at hand, I should not have to leave due to lack of answers or action with the moderators. Members are people too, and if they have concearns they should be able to get addressed. All I'm looking for is reasoning outside of "cuz its my site". Which if that is the answer I'll be clicking that link and getting the h-e-l-l outta here.

PS: Spam is either a pointless post that concearns nothing or was already said, or a link to another site without permission of the owners.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

.k.i.s.S. japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris is a splendid one to behold japonice_aeris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2006 01:56 AM
    Threads

ive seen it!!~ i was horrible!~ locks all over the monitor! threads closed! oh noh!~ *shivers then faints*

o just kidding ok..so i've seen so many locks...hmm..poor threads well i got lots of locked thread too eniweiz condolense *threws flowers*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If they don't like pointless threads why do they have a miscellanious section hmm?

P.S. Thanks for the info on spam.
    Sig. made by Spica.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Open Your Soul.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As Lon already said, this is a private forum.

Much like playing baseball, you adhere to the rules of the one who owns the ball.

Get over it, damn socialists.

Or, as I'd much prefere, leave.

Quote Originally Posted by F B Lover!
    If they don't like pointless threads why do they have a miscellanious section hmm?
    Because at times they create threads that are not related to anime.

Be it the latest opinions of some war, what you feel about abortion, religion or what not. Even though they most of the time end up in flame wars and are pretty much unwanted, they somewhat fit what should be in a proper Misc. forum.
    Last edited by Zedekiah; 10-12-2005 at 04:52 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

now I can understand why a thread like this would be closed now, with a stupid unrelated post like that. But again, others are much worse yet still remain, and others are much better but get axed. Although I would keep this going cuz it still is on topic, it'll probably get closed cuz of that. Oh well, all I'm trying to get our answers, cuz if I'm going to stay in a forum, I would like to know why my threads that I go to are being closed, thats all. Its not so much.

PS: I was talking about Aeris's post.

But real quick, a misc. board should allow pretty much anything that the others don't fit into outside of inappropriate material that kids shouldn't be viewing, which I haven't seen yet.
    Last edited by Lord Garma Zabi; 10-12-2005 at 04:55 AM.

1. Garma Zabi
    2. Tavern Wolf
    3. Takuto
    4. Zeldafreakmaster
    5. Dark Lord
    6. Konoha Kate
    7. Kakashi Cool Kid
    8. Yugure's Goddess
    9. Fox Demon Naruto

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default ?

By the way what are all the rules.

(And if you are annoyed by our presence, tough luck. You leave.)

Well I underatand this forum now.

All I want is answers too.
    Last edited by F B Lover!; 10-12-2005 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Forgot summat
    Sig. made by Spica.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Open Your Soul.

Closed Thread

Thread Information