AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time traveling

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Time traveling

Time traveling, do you believe it can be done? I'm sleeping over a friend's house this weekend because she got a book on time traveling (some other stuff too). What your opinion on it?

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I've heard about it...I think time traveling would be great...so i could see what i was like when i was young and undo some of the dumb things iv'e done
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

I honestly believe time travel is impossible, I myself see time in as a man made concept. Time really is a form of measurement and not a continual dimension that cannot be traversed.

So therefore time is an imagined concept and therefore can not be traveled down.

No Brilliance Here. Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:39 PM
    Threads

First... I think your signature is darling.

O_o But that's not what this is about.

Time traveling, eh? It really can't be possible. There's something called a paradox. This doesn't allow you to be in the same time at the same place. It also doesn't allow you to change the past in anyway. If you change the past, the future is different; what if you changed it and somehow the thing that was different was that you are no longer born? Then, if you've never been born, then you never existed in the first place, and couldn't have traveled through time to change the past in the first place, so you WERE born.

If anything, a more futuristic form of time travel might be approached, and nothing else, really.

A great book that deals with time travel is "Lightening" by Dean Koontz.

Senior Member niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol has a reputation beyond repute niKopol's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hey scientists have made a machine that can send messages back through time to itself... so its not too far off
    niKopol

loboKie
    ayy dyxlesia!

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Is time travel possible...theories abound on the subject. I happen to like the possibility of time travel...but to achieve it would be a practical impossibility.

Recommended reading..A Brief History in Time by Stephen Hawking. Might put you to sleep though. And he has since revised some of the theories in it.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member ShadowBlade is infamous around these parts ShadowBlade is infamous around these parts ShadowBlade's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2004 07:46 PM
    Threads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kie_D_K
    Hey scientists have made a machine that can send messages back through time to itself... so its not too far off
    what proof do you have of that?

time travel is impossible do to the paradox thingy and the chaos theory

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2006 08:21 PM
    Threads

i'm sure that traveling backward though time is possible... forward i'm not so sure of since technicly it hasnt happened yet.

however i dont truely feel that traveling backward in time for any purpose is a great idea. could really end up messing stuff up farther down the line.

all kinda paradoxal bad stuff.
    (Ooooo... paradoxal. paka said a big people word)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

-Ted Geisel aka. Dr. Suess

Close the world, txEn eht nepO

No Brilliance Here. Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik has a reputation beyond repute Annik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kie_D_K
    ........That was a movie, sweetie.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2007 10:54 AM
    Threads

Time Traveling would be reeeaaaally cool, but I don't believe it can be done yet.

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

I don't really think time travel is possible. But I do beleive that we can travel to the future but not the past. Time is everflowing, it's like a river always moving forward right....so what if we made a machine that moved sooooo fast that we were ahead of time itself...even by a few seconds. Also when astronauts are in space they age slower than us, but they do still age no matter what...that's another reason why I think going to the past is impossible. Of course, I'm no Scientist so my cheap little theory is just a thought.

penguins vhinnnn will become famous soon enough vhinnnn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2006 09:44 PM
    Threads

if time travel was possable you would not be able to change the past because you futer you would have already dun the same thang
    ~\//-///\//\//\//\/~

(\ /)
    (o.o)

Plastic Weasel Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu has much to be proud of Pakachu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they age slower because there is less stress on the body which is resposible for what we consider to be the signs of ageing. same reason when their muscles begin to atrify(sp?)

(lack of gravity)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. "

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

no, I'm pretty sure it's due to time. Time goes slower in space...so they age slower....I'm pretty sure but could be wrong.

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    Threads

Maybe it is possible, maybe it's not. Maybe I'll find out friday, maybe I won't, either way, it rises good conversation, and thought. People can think what they want, but I think it is possible.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Variable_Gunbuster
    no, I'm pretty sure it's due to time. Time goes slower in space...so they age slower....I'm pretty sure but could be wrong.
    but time is relative.

The weasel God sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse has a brilliant future sjøpølse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 08:26 PM
    Threads

In fact, the whole idea of Time as an ever-lastingly going forth arrow is quite typical of our western ideology. Some aborigines of Australia, if I recall, consider Time like an entity we bath in. Thus, even the very idea of time travelling is invalidated. Thence, we can ponder over the fact that Time as a line filled with events that happened and that are yet to occur, divided in past and future with that uncatchable present, might be just another blatant mistake.
    Time might in fact be a big jellyish pond in which us, humans, like plastic inert dolls, are drown. Or it might just be aught.
    -I have an hangover and two liters of coffee in the body: I'm at the top of my efficiency.-
    If I love trains it is probably because they go faster than burials.
    The best thing about weasels is that they don't turn into pickles when they are you.

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Personally I'd be more interested in finding out whether or not teleportation is possible, instead of time travel .....

"Beam me up Spoc!"

-LG

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Its Scotty!!!!
    Beam me up, Scotty!!!!!!!!!
    ::runs off screaming::
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hahahahaheheheeee....anywho....I think the idea of invincibility would be just grand.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

invinci... the FRICK are you talking aboot!?!?!

::falls over twitching::

Train of thought En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger has a reputation beyond repute En Svensk Tiger's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2006 09:33 AM
    Threads

Well, time travel is possible, since we all are traveling in time every single day eh?

Seriously though, traveling in time is technically possible. It is just wrong to think of it as traveling. Time is relative. That means that time can go faster some places than other places. Time goes faster on Mars for example. Time goes slower on the bottom of the sea than it does on a high mountain. Which means that "traveling" into the future actually is quite easy, you just have to go fast enough.
    If you had a twin, and you travel to the nearest star and back to the earth near the speed of light, it will only take you one year, yet 10 has passed on earth, and your twin brother/sister is now 9 years older than you.

Traveling backwards in time is way harder though, you need wormholes and all kinds of stuff. And even if you manage to do it technically, it might not work, since altering the past is impossible.

(And it doesn't seem like people will ever invent a time machine, since no one from the future have ever visited us)

But, since time is relative, time travel is possible -.-
    Last edited by En Svensk Tiger; 12-02-2004 at 06:54 AM.

Phatalia's Knight Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2004 10:49 PM
    Threads

Time scares me a lot when I think of it....
    What if...it really is true that the astronauts age slower..
    Coul that mean, that because they dont travel or orbit around the sun like a celestial body like the Earth would, that they age slower...?
    Could it be that revolving around the sun is revolving completely around life itself?
    What if we didn't move around it...the concept of ime would be lost...therefore it wouldn't become an issue...People count a year by the amount of time and days it takes to go around the sun...
    But if we don't move, then there wouldn't be any years...it's so much..and so hard to put into words...

Freshman= W00t W00t!! Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

It would be so cool to go back in time and fix the mistakes I made, and then go back forward and act like nothing happened. I have dreamed of this "time traveling" thing. ^^. I don't believe in it, tho, but I just like for somebody to create a time machine for us. ^_^

Phatalia's Knight Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun will become famous soon enough Silver Ori-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-27-2004 10:49 PM
    Threads

Well I wouldn't want it...point is you have to work on the present to make a future
    Dwelling in a neverending past will lead nowhere

And my views aren't really about time travel...mainly about time itself..this stuff really interests me...heh, sorry

Closed Thread

Thread Information