AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Racism

4 the love of HOY!!! Vua will become famous soon enough Vua will become famous soon enough Vua's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2004 09:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Racism

A discussion on racism, cause we seem to want to talk about it.

I think that ppl are just a little too sensitive and look to far into things. just because it comes out sounding racist doesnt mean it was intended to be that way. If we can turn racism into something to laugh at im sure no one would be offended.

If you ever find yourself in need of a few kind words or just want to talk
    Advice And Help At Angel World

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

My parent's mostly my mom..even though she's not rasicts, she makes racist comments anywayz..and she denies being racist. She also thinks that asians are cheap or something, but that's what she she thinks though, and i'm never racist.

Forever angel floating on a cloud

chex mix. purr. Kittie Pryde is on a distinguished road Kittie Pryde's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2004 01:10 PM
    Threads

Anything nowadays never seems politically correct. I think there's more prejudism than racism really. In my opinion, prejudism is just a softer "criticism" (but don't think I'm saying that I'm okay with it) than racism.

People are too opinionated nowadays, whether it's about your shoes or the way you cut your meat. I agree that people get offended easily.

Furthermore, there are just some communities out there that do not have enough exposure (or no exposure at all) to other nationalities/races/alternative lifestyles that prones them to become ignorant and/or uneducated enough to understand the lifestyle of other people.

But it makes me happy to know that there is more racial interaction than ever before, and from where I live, it's hard to find someone who doesn't have at least more than 1 national background.

Freshman= W00t W00t!! Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

Ahh...a racism thread! wow, just AFTER I was ranting about it in kitty's thread. lol.
    yeah, so like racism is pretty bad and some of my friends tend to turn it into a joke and we all laugh about it, but then afterwards it kinda sits in ur head, after awhile.
    Edited: Sometimes one of my friends bring it up, we talk about it, joke about it, and laugh it, and then shut up. I think that is what all ppl do.
    Last edited by Milly; 11-25-2004 at 12:30 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Milly
    Ahh...a racism thread/ wow, just AFTER i was arnting about it in kitty's thread. lol.
    yeah, so like racism is pretty bad and some of my friends tend to turn it into a joke and we all laugh about it, but then afterwards it kinda sits in ur head, after awhile.
    My friend makes racist jokes, but I laugh about it. I guess I'm immune to it, because I know it's all good fun and he makes sure he includes everyone (even his own race). Haha. My friends and I joke about stuff like that with each other, because we're so diverse that we don't really get offended.

I think it's okay to joke about it, as long as the people involved are okay with it. But other than that, it becomes a serious topic. So it's advisable that most people just sow their mouth shut, unless they know it's "safe". Sounds bad, but it's the truth.

4 the love of HOY!!! Vua will become famous soon enough Vua will become famous soon enough Vua's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kittie Pryde
    My friend makes racist jokes, but I laugh about it. I guess I'm immune to it, because I know it's all good fun and he makes sure he includes everyone (even his own race). Haha. My friends and I joke about stuff like that with each other, because we're so diverse that we don't really get offended.

I think it's okay to joke about it, as long as the people involved are okay with it. But other than that, it becomes a serious topic. So it's advisable that most people just sow their mouth shut, unless they know it's "safe". Sounds bad, but it's the truth.
    Exactly, in fact. My friend oes by "Lil' Chink" sometimes. hes fine with it. I mean, no one at my school cares. well the teachers do. but we constantly make jokes about races. but when you really ask, everyone at my school hates racism. there are the few selections that are infact, raist. but you cant always look at the whole.

Looking at my school, i dont think racism will be that big of a problem in the future. my generation seems to find it funny ^^

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 09:21 PM
    Threads

All of my friends are racist, i don't have a problem with that because so am i. Like we'll see a black guy walk by and we will say "Hey you want some chicken?" all of us laugh about our racist jokes but other people do not find it funny, but we don't care.
    TOM GREEN SHOW THEME LISTEN TO THE THEME

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead88
    All of my friends are racist, i don't have a problem with that because so am i. Like we'll see a black guy walk by and we will say "Hey you want some chicken?" all of us laugh about our racist jokes but other people do not find it funny, but we don't care.
    Thats....... dont do that anymore....
    even if you find it funny, dont do it. Self-control. learn it, use it

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But that's what i am, ok

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

By joking about it, I didn't mean joking about it and actually meaning it. It's really hard to explain.

I really really would like to share my input on what you just said, but I know that in the long run, I'll only be wasting my time with someone who will probably ignore what I have to say.

But I would like to add that black/white/yellow/green/whatever, everybody is the same. You, nor I, are no better than the next person. We're no different. Our (being my own and your own) race produce good AND bad people. It's not just the color you're making fun of, but that PERSON. That person who has their own individuality, characteristic and personality. You are hurting that person who probably doesn't like chicken.
    [RENT SPACE HERE]

$100 rupees / week
    __________________________________________________ _________

http://www.nyuk-nyuk.net

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But that's what i am, ok
    listen. I dont say everything i think. because i dont know how ppl might react. just because its what you are doesnt mean everyone has to know. Your a human. try not to be one-dimensional.

Thats the kind of thing.... nvm.... i dont want to start a flame war

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok, i understand

Has no life (~_~) Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena has much to be proud of Eternal Serena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2007 10:35 AM
    Threads

Racism/prejudice is wrong in my mind. I know other people have grown up and still grow up in a prejudiced environment, but I think it's sad. We're all humans. The color of our skin shouldn't matter about anything. Sometimes I'll hear jokes and such and laugh with them, but then I feel uncomfortable about it. I've seen so many black and asian guys that are totally...cute >>; My grandpa is still in the mindset that blacks and whites shouldn't marry. I know he won't change, but that's ok, because he's not very horrible about it. I'm glad times are changing. I think ppl who are racist or prejudiced are still immature. They look down on others, make fun of them at their expense...etc. It's just not right. Other ethinicities and races are our equals, not inferiors.

The pain in pleasure often becomes the pleasure of pain.
    Thanks for watching as I fall...
    Beauty is a curse on this world. It keeps us all from knowing who the real monsters are.

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

I just don't see the point in it...
    ya they look different to some of us...big deal. If someone made racist comments about my Phillipino friends I was on their backs in a second...It ish conpletely unfair.
    we are all humans after all...

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

加虐愛の Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2010 05:07 AM
    Threads

Angry

Im german , im anti-rascist , yet i look down on the 08/15 white trash , propably because white trash embodies ignorance , backward thinking , reactionism and utter dullness . Especially if they got synonyms for "Heil Hitler" in their names . Im getting along with all sorts of people , unless theyre little nazis .

Im a darkness beyond blackest pit
    deeper than the darkest night
    shining like gold upon the sea of chaos

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Haha, nazism rascism? Kinda fits, though. Contradiction to the limit

But everyone gotta have something to comfort themselves with hating, no? ;P

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

加虐愛の Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō has a reputation beyond repute Mariya Shidō's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well , if someone uses the 88 in the nick , unless its their birthyear , it stands for Heil Hitler . And many rascists kind of worship that austrian chancellor . And why shouldnt one hate rascists or nazis , they dont deserve to spread their way of thinking .

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hate the haters?

That's a colorful way of solving things :3

It's like "sechszing" for virginity and Waging war for peace.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes , hate the haters , thats the ultima ratio . No tolerance to those who oppose tolerance . Thats what history taught us . Tolerating those who oppose tolerance has always lead to more misery , so you gotta draw the line .

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But then don't pretend to be any better than them. You hate out of the same feeling, just for another reason. Just like them.

So instead of hating, try convincing them to realize the truth of the whole thing. Just saying "I hate you and your way of thinking".. Is pretty much EXACTLY the same as they do.

Gratz, you'd be perfect for both sides :3

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thats very amusing , as if talking ever helped anything at all . Its not like they would listen , same as the "waging wars for peace" , if you target at the US foreign policy , they maybe attack the wrong ones , but you cant expect that talking would convince a bin Laden not to hate the US . Same as talking doesnt convince a rascist not to hate anyone for racial reasons . We actually believed that we could talk to them , until we noticed that neonazi parties entered the regional parliaments again . As patriot you got to oppose them for they drag your country through the mud with their actions .

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And so does the hated haters think as well. Only opposite.
    As I said, you're both alike. Just different ideals. None is better. After all, this IS "beyond" good and evil.

And as for the US policy on war...

Haha...

Yes, they do it in the name of God, the good of the people and the right for the world [/sarcasm]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hate is maybe a bit strong , it should be a profound dislike . Dislike because every rascist and every neonazi reminds us of our bloody history , of our shame and of our guilt that will never be forgotten . When people then stand in for rascism and nazism that feels like a constant stab to our hearts . Thats how part of the pro-war americans feel as well , only that every political leader who mocks them reminds them of 911 . Similar in the Netherlands where riots started after the murder of Theo van Gogh . America fears terrorism , Germany fears the constant intensification of nationalism and rascism and the Dutch fear or mourn the loss of their "multicultural" society . And you dont need to repeat yourself in comparing me to the nazis , at least i didnt use art that glorified nazidom and nazi symbols . You live in your Ivory Tower being totally ignorant of other societies problems . If you think talking would help come on over and try your luck , we tried for almost 60 years and everything we achieved was rascism getting en vogue more and more .

PS : You mentioned the word hate first . But to look down on someone is not the same as to hate someone .

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, but I enjoy my present state. If I were to be like that, to be "right, honest and knowing" as you are now, I'd rather pass.. As I've already seen what it's like..
    What I am trying to say is merely that you shouldn't dwell in the past, being ashamed (pride in the first place is an unnecessary trait) or sink to their level. And as for symbols.. Heh, you're fairly guilty as well. Though yours are not mordant..
    I were overly hyper-sensitive to people's ideals and thougts like you are once. The only thing that paid off was with frustration and exhaustion. Some are willing to see, some aren't. I cope with that and play an apathetic role towards their attitude.. Unless they pose a threat. So should you

And take a look at my current sig quote.. I've been using it for quite some time, well before this thread started, and if that doesn't solve out my thoughts on fascism.. Well, I guess we both live in ignorance :3

You see, the whole thing about how I drew parallel with how you act out your opinions is based on your "lynch" quote.. As I've heard a hundred neo-nazis say just that, only with something else being the "object" in the sentence analysis.

Myrra's property :) Zingo has a spectacular aura about Zingo has a spectacular aura about Zingo has a spectacular aura about Zingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2005 01:05 PM
    Threads

There many people that act like racists. But when they get to know the person they don't care. In my class everyone says bad things about foreigners, but they like watching
    Fresh Prince, and they think I'm cool.

Closed Thread

Thread Information