AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how populer is anime in japan

Junior Member chiyo-hina is an unknown quantity at this point chiyo-hina's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2004 12:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default how populer is anime in japan

well i whated to know if enny one knows im just trying to find out relly^^

well my mom is from japan and she is like anime is not populer its just for lil kids and anime every one think we like it we relly dont i think its true but the last time we were in japan was in 2002 and i got to go to my favrit j-rap singer concert named nami amuro and animes were just in shops and not relly populer how do you thinlk anime is in jAPAN

PS:the j-pop grupe zone rocks!!^^

Digital Plague Dark_Misery will become famous soon enough Dark_Misery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 08:54 PM
    Threads

Ummm..>I'm assuming it's populer becuase they did make Anime and they have it everywhere. If it wasn't populer then how did it last for so long?

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Well very popular, Anime is practially everywhere in Japan, they have dragon ball cereals and other food products, so a lot i should say, this is the type of questions that has an obvious answer!
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Staple Sauce *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore is a jewel in the rough *Nosferatu-Adore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 03:53 PM
    Threads

Well, considering that many of the adult movies there are anime rather that live action, then I would think it must be quite popular. If you check a movie store, you'll see movies like "Metropolis" there all the time, in the adult section.
    "And after the fall of man, these monkey f***s'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. And only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - 'You Maniacs! D@mn yous! Godd@mn yous all to h*ll!'"
    -Jay (Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back)

"Minh, it's finally happening! Bobby Hillbilly is marrying hillbilly cousin! You owe me five dollars!"
    -Kahn (King of the Hill)

Junior Member chiyo-hina is an unknown quantity at this point chiyo-hina's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2004 12:37 PM
    Threads

welll i dont think its that populer i will say this again wen i went there to see some of my uncels and aunts there were not many anime stores all of them were in back alles i think there are just mosly ameritcan anime fans...

The Unknown ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence has a reputation beyond repute ancientsilence's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2007 09:12 PM
    somewhere between heaven, hell, and all that's inbetween
    Threads

I've heard that anime isn't all that popular in Japan, while manga is. It's sort of like comics and the shows and movies based off of comics here in the us (Spiderman, Superman, Hellboy, etc.), except instead of the movies and shows being popular and the comics not so much, the situation is reversed in Japan.

Member Avore is on a distinguished road Avore's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2006 04:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Misery
    Ummm..>I'm assuming it's populer becuase they did make Anime and they have it everywhere. If it wasn't populer then how did it last for so long?
    Thats a good point.I agree.

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle

i heard from my friends that transfered here from japan, that anime is not that popular. its kinda like it is here in america. not everyone knows about it. some people never even heard of it before. just because its made there doesnt mean every japanese person knows about anime.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It is somewhat popular, but only amongst children, teenagers, and a small percentage of adults. It is considered to be rather nerdy by some. Despite this, anime in general holds a very strong fan-base.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

:.: Cold As Ice :.: Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate is infamous around these parts Aisu Hinate's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 10:00 PM
    Threads

Yes, it's popular. It's not just for kids either. Inuyasha is for adults!

Flame gal Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2007 07:35 PM
    Threads

it's very popular.If it wasn't all the anime conventions, shows, and products would
    stop. Right now there so many conventions and everywhere there's products such as inuyasha plushies.

Igit GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37 is infamous around these parts GreyFox37's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2006 06:10 AM
    Threads

My friend back at UA, Kasumi, told me that anime is popular in Japan, but it still has the same societal structure that it holds here: you're a geek to get too involved, or, its childish, or, its really cool, and so on.

Senior Member Chaos_Hell_Angel will become famous soon enough Chaos_Hell_Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2006 09:41 AM
    Threads

Japan is the home of anime: You find nothing but anime everywhere in Japan!
    Meet the Angel of Chaos and Hell when your in my presence

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2021 04:04 PM
    Threads

I think its pretty popular....most anime is made in japan

Senior Member Chaos_Hell_Angel will become famous soon enough Chaos_Hell_Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2006 09:41 AM
    Threads

Anime is more famous over there in Japan then here in the U.S. Some anime you think sucks over here is a bit more famous in Japan. Same thing with games too!
    Meet the Angel of Chaos and Hell when your in my presence

Senior Member philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2007 10:24 PM
    Threads

i say its in the top categories for shows in japan
    ...My Animeforum Family:
    Friend: xieshunnuan
    Friend: xiaxtuxning
    Brother: blackfuse81

[K_K]'z Death Plague iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8 has a reputation beyond repute iernt8's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2006 12:22 PM
    Threads

it is very popular in Japan every single day of the week has at least 1 anime show on tv
    join my forums, its about anime and gaming
    http://s12.************.com/Gamingforum
    lalala laaaaa la lalala laaaaaa la
    if u kno wut song this is from.....u got problems

why you dont take drugs....

my family
    sister: hieiwifeforever
    brother: Xieshunnuan
    brother: philmaster628
    younger brother:_inuyasha_
    sister:Ayame Sohma
    mistress: Animeglobe
    Uncle:Armageddon
    brother:anime OG

Junior Member Inuzuka-Kiba is on a distinguished road Inuzuka-Kiba's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2006 09:24 AM
    Threads

Has anyone ever seen Densha Otoko? In this Japanese live-action soap opera, it shows the Otaku in a negative aspect, portraying Anime/ Videogame/ Manga fans as obsessed neurotic nerds. Basically the same as the American portrayal of the nerd in 80's movies and such.

Also, my older brother who is also interested in Japanese stuff has met numerous Japanese adults due to our city being quite multi-cultural. We have an English language college for students.

He said to me that the people who were getting into their thirties didn't really show that much interest in recent Anime like Naruto and One Piece which were big in Japan at the time, but when he talked to them about shows like Hokuto No Ken/ Kinnikuman/ Dragonball from the 80's they remembered it very well because they were growing up then and still had a vivid memory of all the shows catchphrases and characters.

As for people around the age group of 18-20 which he has spoken to from Japan they are all massively interested in shows like Naruto/ One Piece/ Prince of Tennis.

I think as mentioned previously, it depends what age you are or what lifestyle you follow. It would be slightly racist to assume all of the Japanese population watch Anime every day of their lives and had an active fandom.

I think people in the West like it because it is a hobby that differs from their own culture, the same as the Japanese adopt American culture in the case of movies and sports, baseball for example.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Not at all. That's why they send it all off to destroy the foreign barbarians. LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!!!
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 04-13-2006 at 09:01 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Junior Member LordxNarutox is on a distinguished road LordxNarutox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2006 12:33 PM
    Threads

Default my opinion

i think the most poular anime in japan is naruto!!!!!!!!!

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

I'm willing to bet within a few years anime will actually sell better in the U.S than in japan. I think this because otaku are crazy, and will buy ANYTHING from japan.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I read an artical that Manga is very popular, but anime is pretty much average over there. Not everyone watches it, but it's not like it's dead either (if it were dead, the artists would say screw this, and port the shows straight to america for instant voice acting)
    Hell, A lot of people say "Everyone in america loves baseball!"
    I on the other hand, hate baseball, AND I know many people who do as well. I find it boring. See, people assume americans love baseball, however I just proved that not all do. Same can apply to Japan and anime, Of course people like anime in japan, it's the same as people over here liking baseball. However, not everyone likes baseball, and not everyone likes anime.

So...basically, it's just a racial stereotype that anime is Japanese livelyhood.

Oh, and a side note...If you ever visit Japan, don't waste your time in Tokyo...it's just Japanese New York. Christ, go to some old shrines or temples or something, maybe some oldschool japanese inns (whats the point in traveling if you are just going to see similar things here, yes?). I'm not saying avoid tokyo, but Jesus don't rot there just because the Otaku in you demands it.

Also, as Kiba posted above...

That makes sense, hell...I remember watching the Thunder cats,spider-man,X-men.Swat Cats and Voltron growing up. Now when I turn on the TV, I see fairly odd parents, sponge bob, or some new age cartoon crap and I kind of feel depressed because the quility of cartoons has gone down so much.
    Now, my little cousin can eat this crap up like nothing. but sit him down in front of Voltron or the OLD Transformers and he falls asleep.

It all depends on Hobbies, interests, age, when you grew up, ect.
    When in Japan, and you're in a city, are you going to see Anime shops? Yes of course you are, but is it going to be litterd with them? No. Remember, people in Japan...beilive it or not...Need to buy food...clothing...they need banks...I know, as Crazy as it sounds, Japan is similar to america in many ways.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

I kind of feel depressed because the quility of cartoons has gone down so much.
    HA! I guess I'm the only one who remembers the planet of the apes cartoon, or star trek and that god awful M.C hammer cartoon. Lets face it there has ALWAYS been awful crap in those saturday morning time slots. If anything I think the quality has gone up.

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    HA! I guess I'm the only one who remembers the planet of the apes cartoon, or star trek and that god awful M.C hammer cartoon. Lets face it there has ALWAYS been awful crap in those saturday morning time slots. If anything I think the quality has gone up.
    I've been saying this for a while. Even the G.I. Joe cartoons that everyone seemed to like were pretty bad. But we were all younger, and we ate up that crap. Say what you like, there haven't been many cartoons that I can look back on and honestly say they were more stimulating or required more brain power to enjoy than the nonsense on today.

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Member TondemoNinja can only hope to improve TondemoNinja's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2006 05:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya
    Now when I turn on the TV, I see fairly odd parents, sponge bob, or some new age cartoon crap and I kind of feel depressed
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya
    Now, my little cousin can eat this crap up like nothing. but sit him down in front of Voltron or the OLD Transformers and he falls asleep.
    i'll drink to that!
    "Studying is only for those without talent." dr. kyoji

Closed Thread

Thread Information