AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: How do you...

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2006 10:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default How do you...

I need help. How do you get over a person? How do you stop having feelings for that person? I have a boyfriend and I won't be able to be happy with him unless I get over another boyfriend. So please, help me. -_-

SHTIL Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax has a reputation beyond repute Sophonax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-08-2019 03:44 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kasius DeVias Steam ID: Sophonax

erm.. that depends..
    Write poems.. play golf.. jump down from the top of a building.. just do something that won't make you think of that person..
    I usually daydream or something.. maybe write a few poems and such...
    | Someone painted the sky |
    | Forever in my heart |

Game Developer/3D Character Animator
    eSports Commentator & Senior Server Administrator for LionsEK

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

don't concentrate on them...and your feelings will eventually fade away.

worked for me.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Freshman= W00t W00t!! Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

It's hard to forget the person, but what I do is just think about nother person I'm with or just daydream about a wonderful fantasy.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Either as Whispers said or go force yourself in love with someone else. Backfire on the last one is that it could go on for quite some time, though.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Freakishly Annoying Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr is a jewel in the rough Shadowstarr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2005 10:16 PM
    Threads

i don't think u have 2 force urself
    cause if u do u might not be happy

hmmm...
    maybe u should chat with ur friends and ask them some stuff or just watch some anime shows or read some manga
    ^^

Biiiingo! Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi has a reputation beyond repute Kyo Kusanagi's Avatar
    Gil
    Studly
    Gifts Crisis Mooncompact Octopus Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2015 08:04 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Feelings for a person never fade away. I'd say you just store them away in a corner of your mind that you don't acknowledge.

I'd recommend a reality check. You need to develop the friendship before turning it into an intimate relationship. If you hadn't gotten a bit over your ex by the time your current boyfriend asked you out, then you should have put it off until your feelings for your ex was out of the way. Now its not really a fair start for your boyfriend.

Just my 2 steaks.

Make your voice heard! Vote Kyo for Trash Bin Moderator.

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

[QUOTE=Legendary Gokou]Feelings for a person never fade away. I'd say you just store them away in a corner of your mind that you don't acknowledge.
    QUOTE]

That's true.. but it takes patience though..same for anything else.

Forever angel floating on a cloud

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'd have to say you have to realize that you won't "get over him" the way you want to. He was a part of your life and a part of your heart, and it's a whole lot harder to remove that than just wanting to.

You have to accept that he was a part of your life, and learn to stop obsessing over ridding him from your thoughts. It will come. In the meantime, enjoy your time with this boyfriend. Enjoy it because you'll try keeping in mind that you don't have to have erased the first one to enjoy the second. You can keep the memories, and make new ones.
    Last edited by Fabala; 11-21-2004 at 06:12 PM.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reiako
    I'd have to say you have to realize that you won't "get over him" the way you want to. He was a part of your life and a part of your heart, and it's a whole lot harder to remove that than just wanting to.

You have to accept that he was a part of your life, and learn to stop obsessing over ridding him from your thoughts. It will come. In the meantime, enjoy your time with this boyfriend. Enjoy it because you'll try keeping in mind that you don't have to have erased the first one to enjoy the second. You can keep the memories, and make new ones.
    Exactly. Couldn't have even imagined at trying to say it better myself.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Drink a bunch of alcohol and do stupid things. Although it may sound idiotic this will interrupt your normal thought routines and allow you to get over the person in question.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Furies Platinum Knight Knightmare686 is infamous around these parts Knightmare686's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2007 09:12 PM
    Threads

its hard to say, you just try to stop thinking about them. try to get someone new in your life if you what to
    "Blood, Darkness, Come Unto Me!"
    "Souls, come unto me!"
    "You conceited,wretched human!"

Junior Member e||a*f|n|x is on a distinguished road e||a*f|n|x's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2004 09:10 AM
    Threads

well..my advice is to forget bout them or else you are going to suffer more..
    Se|ina.Hebe.E||a

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Gokou
    I'd recommend a reality check. You need to develop the friendship before turning it into an intimate relationship. If you hadn't gotten a bit over your ex by the time your current boyfriend asked you out, then you should have put it off until your feelings for your ex was out of the way. Now its not really a fair start for your boyfriend.

Just my 2 steaks.
    I happen to agree with Gokou. What were you thinking jumping into another relationship when you hadn't dealt with the issues of the previous one. It's not fair to him to still be thinking of your ex when you are with him. I recommend that since it's a bit late, that you slow things down. Work on becoming better friends with this guy first.

Write your thoughts down in a journal everyday...it doesn't matter if it makes any sense to anyone other than you. You can write poetry or draw. Play a sport. Run, bike, walk, hike...whatever works for you. Physical activity I believe helps to clear the mind.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

[hybrid rainbow] shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai has much to be proud of shi_amai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Work on becoming friends with my ex or my boyfriend? And yes, I know it's not fair to him. When I got together with him I was so sure I was over my ex, but then I saw him and he started talking to me and I realized I wasn't. I'll try the best I can to take your guy's advice. Maybe I'll start a sport. Do something that requires actual thought and me to be moving and talking to people. Maybe I can even find someone who can help me. Thank you. ^_^

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was referring to your current boyfriend. All good relationships begin with friendship.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, for a while we were just friends and we talked a lot and stayed up late at night on the computer and talked (we were still just friends). But it's sad because he says I'm the closest thing to a best friend but he prefers not to have a best friend. I think I wouldn't get mad at him as much if we became better friends. Maybe I should tell him lets be friends for now because if we go too fast like my last one then it might turn out like that. Maybe it is best for us to just be friends for now. What do you think?

Junior Member karasu13 is an unknown quantity at this point karasu13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2005 09:45 AM
    Down the rabbit hole, in a tin can, playing Evil Zone and DDR
    Threads

Wink .....

I know how you feel, I'm kinda having the same problem, but I'm actually looking for a new boyfriend. The way I got over my last boyfrined, was just to tell myself that he was just a jack-***, and didn't deserve me, or really love me, which is true, cuz if he did love me, then he would've at least TRIED to work out the problem we were having, instead of going out with someone else.
    And ya know what?? We just broke up 2 weeks ago, and I'm fine, other than the fact that I'm alot colder, emotionally, than I usually am, which is why I'm trying to find a new boyfriend for myself........
    .....Any takers???(Must live in or VERY close to Buffalo, NY, USA.)
    E-mail me:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Last edited by karasu13; 11-22-2004 at 10:12 AM. Reason: forgotten info

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

I took me six months to get over my last one... and I didn't hook up with another guy until I was sure that I was over him... because it wouldn't be fair for me or the other guy if I still was in love with my ex... After we broke up, I couldn't stop thinking about him, then I tried to get over him by several ways: Not thinking about him, not talking to him, not trying to see how he was doing, and yes, even trying to hook up with another guy to force my relationship with him. None of that worked. And I didn't get another guy until the first of this month (which would be HamHam-Sempai). I stopped talking to me ex a month and a week ago because I kinda figured that he didn't care. My thoughts about him became less, and I am with a wonderful, caring, and actually really fun guy. I feel more attached to HamHam did I did with my ex. It takes time, and if you concentrate on getting over him, it'll take longer... much longer. All I gotta say that will help you get over him is time and love from friends, family, and, if your new bf truly loves you, he can help, too.
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Go out with friends, surround yourself with people who care about you and have fun. Just because you're in a rut doesn't mean you can't go out and enjoy yourself. You can't go looking for love, it will find you when its time. My best relationships I've ever had were with people who were there when I wasn't looking for love, things just happened to fall into the right place. You can't force it. Just go and have fun, and soon enough you'll find out that you don't need a significant other to complete you or to have fun.

The Goddess has Spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's sounds a lot like with me and my ex, karasu13. Really? Buffalo. I used to live right by there, and have relatives by there, but I live in Florida now.

Thanks for your advice. I especially thank Princess Minako and the last few people who posted. I think you guys gave me some really good advice. Thank you all so much. ^_^

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shi_amai
    I need help. How do you get over a person? How do you stop having feelings for that person? I have a boyfriend and I won't be able to be happy with him unless I get over another boyfriend. So please, help me. -_-
    Well you make him a thing of the past...KILL HIM xD
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

No prob. any time.
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

Junior Member karasu13 is an unknown quantity at this point karasu13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-13-2005 09:45 AM
    Down the rabbit hole, in a tin can, playing Evil Zone and DDR
    Threads

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by shi_amai
    That's sounds a lot like with me and my ex, karasu13. Really? Buffalo. I used to live right by there, and have relatives by there, but I live in Florida now.

Thanks for your advice. I especially thank Princess Minako and the last few people who posted. I think you guys gave me some really good advice. Thank you all so much. ^_^

Small world, I have relatives in Florida, near Pensacola.
    And, yes, Buffalo.....(Hating the snow, which has yet to arrive. The snow is out to attack me, when I least expect it.)

Closed Thread

Thread Information