AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what's your view on our current music?

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eudial the terrible
    There's lots of good concurrent music, although none on the public commercial channels (ie: MTV, record stores etc.)
    It depends on the "good music" you're talking about... You can still find lots of good metal music and some good rock, but it's not that much. The difference is that back then, on the 70's and 80's there weren't tons of posers punk-wannabes... There wasn't MTV... There wasn't all the crap that there is today...

The Ignored One. Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster is a jewel in the rough Variable_Gunbuster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2007 11:21 AM
    I live in the wonderful place called British Colombia, Canada...it's raining again...damn.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by DarK DeatH
    Him? Led Zeppelin was a band, not a person...
    oops! whatever he seems like a person to me.....

#1 Pilot amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1 is infamous around these parts amuro1's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2006 11:45 AM
    Threads

yeah, the new rock scene blows. whatever happened to our nirvanas and our guns n roses?

Bean Harvester Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork has a reputation beyond repute Metaldork's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 09:21 PM
    Threads

They died out because people don't want to listen to good Rock music anymore (it's a shame) Everybody wants the crap on MTV, and it pissess me off when people compare old rock to new rock and say that "new rock is better" and it is bull, i smack people in the face when they say that. For punk, i like some punk like the Misfits and The Casualties, and for people who say their Metal/Rock and wear shirts with skulls, and pants with chains one day and then the next day come in with silk pants wearing babyfat genius cloths and going "Hey i like jay z's new song" i got some words to say to you Ahem.....YOU'RE NOT METAL YOU--*. I don't understand what some people are trying to prove these days by being possers.

*is still cursing
    Last edited by Myrra; 11-24-2004 at 08:18 PM. Reason: *still swearing
    TOM GREEN SHOW THEME LISTEN TO THE THEME

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

The worse is when you see someone with a metal band's t-shirt, then you say the name of a music and they say "I don't know that one", then you say the name of any other music and they say "I don't know that one either", then you ask which ones they know, and all they say is "Ah, that one that is playing on MTV, forgot the name though"... Man do I get pissed off with that...

Member Holly Strife is on a distinguished road Holly Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2005 01:10 PM
    Threads

I really don't have much to say about the new music that comes out but, People are trying to make a living with their voice lately. Though it makes me wonder how half the people who come out now "How did they even get into this job" I mean..most of them are crap yes. Half the new bands that come out shouldn't even be able to set a single CD in the stores let alone be able to record. So not all the new music that comes out is horrible.
    This is as is as is, is as.

Biscuit Lover ;3 Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit is a glorious beacon of light Tiggit's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2011 11:13 PM
    Threads

its all rap. all rock. all the same.

Freshman= W00t W00t!! Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly has a reputation beyond repute Milly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 07:14 PM
    Threads

Some of the rappers are getting out of control and they need to calm down a bit. The singers and rock people are okay, I guess. We just need a "good" message for the teen people. Not always about cars, clothes, women (men, too), sex and money.

pervelicious... /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa| has a reputation beyond repute /Aifa|'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:49 AM
    Threads

Hmm, i miss the days of EMinem controversy in 2000.

aka Cherry Blossoms! cblssms will become famous soon enough cblssms will become famous soon enough cblssms's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 01:40 PM
    Threads

Cool

It's okay... but I mostly listen to anime music lol. Oh yeah! BTW, Happy Birthday ATOMSK!! ^_^
    Sister : CKY_SinkIn2TheUnderground - [email protected]
    Brothers: meatwod3 - bladesilver1234 - lucifer666
    Loved Little Brothers: tao_bason05 - sephiroth33 -
    naota n. - cameron
    Aunt: Wolf_Charmer

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by amuro1
    yeah, the new rock scene blows. whatever happened to our nirvanas and our guns n roses?
    thats because the "rock scene" has been dominated by punk-rock bands and the older bands which are converting to punk-rock, and are comstantly surrounded by pre-teen girls trying to say they are hardcore and have tough lives to deal with. aside from a few bands, American rock is dead.
    as for rap, its completely demeaning to both music and society. everyone who gets into rap has the "gangsta" persona, using bad english, swearing their heads off, wearing their pants down to their knees. not only that, but 99% of rap is about [intercourse], drugs, or threatening another rapper. when did music become about threatening to kill people you dont like?

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Member Sakura_jin237 is on a distinguished road Sakura_jin237's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2005 01:37 AM
    Threads

I think it's nice, much better sound graphics (I think that's what they call it right?) than the old days. But sometimes it doesnt have any meanings anymore, it oly talks about sillt things like the three letter word, why cant they talk about decent love, or even to nature or to their country! My father thinks that the music today is not good, since there's no meaning in the songs. And I agree with him, but there are still some that are nice and have meaning.

Demon Slayer Deshwitat will become famous soon enough Deshwitat's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2006 07:34 PM
    Threads

Most new bands coming out suck and shouldnt even have a record deal but that doesnt mean you should think all new bands are crap because some are really good

Member Dunne is on a distinguished road Dunne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2006 05:46 PM
    Threads

Music, Pop, Mainstream; Names to denote a lot of things. When bands come out in toa specific genre they are just that in their catagory. When they go mainstream and are plkayed on radiostations taht are Pop, or mainstream, they loose, their "Uniqueness." Bands in such that a small nitch they came from, they become the "POPNESS" we all hate so pationetly. For thoses that listen while no one else listens, the genre in which the band is in is pure. When you hear it on a station that specializes pop, it is now pop for-eh-vehr (mouths like that of kid in Sandlot) unless you actually catagorize your music properly, unlike most music stores,"try" to do. OS in other words. when music is heard ona station, it is opo, when you only hear of it word of mouth, it stays of its Genre. Pop Bites major Arse. Cut and Print

GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN. ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD. MECHAS RULE ALL

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

i think it is still the same i mean we got bands who suck and then bands who dont suck so really i think it is still as crazy in the music biz as ever.
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Closed Thread

Thread Information