AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Thread of Shame

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Many artists will put there work on various pages. It creates exposure. As far as I know (unless it has changed...) there isn't a rule that says that an artist cannot have their work on other wallpaper pages. So, it's sometimes hard to tell if it has been stolen or not.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Junior Member Batsu is on a distinguished road Batsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2007 11:58 PM
    Threads

there isn't a rule that says that an artist cannot have their work on other wallpaper pages

but pay attention the same wallies are upload by DIFFERENT users. I think U'll agree it seems strange at least

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Yeah I've noticed that some users upload the same wallpaper as someone else. But how am I supposed to know who the original belongs to?

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallp...12dd73.jpg.php

Sucks cause my very own paper is only like two pages away... Erm, the SAME I mean.
    Last edited by Xian Pu; 06-08-2007 at 11:07 PM.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Junior Member slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 03:58 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: alecmagician

Forgive me, but how can you claim ownership of these wallpapers when they all exploit someone else's copyrighted material and trademarks for their creation in the first place. Usually you have to ask and be okayed before you can chop up someone else's work.
    Last edited by slefouxo; 05-31-2007 at 05:30 PM.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

This is why I always recommend citing the artist/show as well.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by slefouxo View Post
    Forgive me, but how can you claim ownership of these wallpapers when they all exploit someone else's copyrighted material and trademarks for their creation in the first place. Usually you have to ask and be okayed before you can chop up someone else's work.
    Ever hear of semantics? How can a comedian make fun of a person?
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Junior Member slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo is a jewel in the rough slefouxo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Pu View Post
    Ever hear of semantics? How can a comedian make fun of a person?
    Yeah, but not entirely sure how it relates to this. In any case semantics doesn't do much for you when you ask someone to take your wallpapers off their site.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Earlier this year, AW went under new management. Because of this, I don't really have a say in anything that happens to the site. The new owner made it clear that he didn't want my help on the site. So, I cannot help with cleaning up the stolen stuff. Hopefully the new owner will see this thread and come to help you out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pink is the new Pooky

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yeah, but not entirely sure how it relates to this. In any case semantics doesn't do much for you when you ask someone to take your wallpapers off their site.

Wrong. Semantics is everything when a wallpaper you made is taken from you and has another persons name put on the very same creative process you worked on. Theft by any other name...

And for the record, it's not theft of another persons works when you're not getting monies from the display of the item.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wrong. Semantics is everything when a wallpaper you made is taken from you and has another persons name put on the very same creative process you worked on. Theft by any other name...
    So how is what the people here do not theft? They're taking someone else's creative work and using it without permission or credit. On top of that they're sticking their names on it.

And for the record, it's not theft of another persons works when you're not getting monies from the display of the item.
    For where did you draw that definition of theft? You can commit theft without making money, a person has a right to control the distribution of their work and derivatives created from said work. It is one of the fundamental protections offered by copyright.
    Last edited by slefouxo; 08-29-2007 at 01:04 AM.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

So how is what the people here do not theft? They're taking someone else's creative work and using it without permission or credit. On top of that they're sticking their names on it.
    For the record, I give the artist credit when I make wallpapers. Even the famous ones with money and stuff.

However, most wallpapers I make, I make for myself anyway, when I feel like having a pretty desktop. just thought i'd throw the previous information out there.

Not everyone doesn't give artists credit.

Junior Member ladyravnos316 is on a distinguished road ladyravnos316's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2007 01:18 AM
    Threads

I've have a question. How can you tell if a person has given credit to the original artist? I saw this earlier http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallp...hp?sort=rating

and it was (except for the background) the same as my friend's pic on deviantart here http://paintpixel.deviantart.com/art...injas-15069220

But I didn't see anything that links or gives credit to the original

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It should have been credited on the wallpapers, but it looks like the artist credited the anime. Maybe they thought the character art was official? If your friend wants to email them, so ahead. If your friend wants the wallpaper down, let us know.

Pink is the new Pooky

Junior Member garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar is infamous around these parts garbar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2008 11:48 PM
    Threads

Some site stealing animie wallpaper.They steal and say these are mine.Mainly jerman sites are involved in them.

Junior Member Lepaca Kliffoth is on a distinguished road Lepaca Kliffoth's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2008 04:13 AM
    Threads

Hi, I'm the owner of the following anime wallpapers site:

http://www.animebox.eu

Should you ever find anything that shouldn't be there, you only have to give me the filename or link to the image's page and it will be removed. Please send all such reports directly to lepaca [at] animebox [dot] eu, I won't have time to check back here often enough.

While wallpapers belonging to someone else could be among those currently hosted, I now employ a much stricter checking routine and it's unlikely that any will make their way into the site from, well, a month ago. To the best of my knowledge there are none but if the watermark was removed before I could see them then I have no way of knowing that I'm doing something wrong, which is why I'm currently touring the forums of the major wallpaper sites.

If you guys want to review the whole content of the site, please notice that we're talking about 3400+ wallpapers. To make the review easier, you can mount the whole gallery with webdav and copy it off the site. More information on webdav and the clients you can use.

Thanks and bye!

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Have you ever seen this site :::

http://anime.desktopnexus.com

I have seen a lot of the wallpapers thats from Animewallpapers.com
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Junior Member wallpaperGuy is on a distinguished road wallpaperGuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2008 07:32 AM
    Threads

Same goes for xptheme.info, anyone can post wallpapers to our site and claim them as their own. If you find one that belongs to you, let us know and we will update the info or remove it if you wish.

We are also a 'wallpaper search engine' now, so we index wallpapers from all across the web the same way google images does. In this case, we always have a link back to the originating website, so people know where it came from.
    -----------------------
    anime wallpapers
    -----------------------

Junior Member ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu is infamous around these parts ketashiu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-09-2008 11:38 PM
    Threads

Post does it has to be an illegal wallpaper downloader?

some are downloading wallpapers illegally....... as my opinion......

eagle-eyed >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_> has a reputation beyond repute >_o_aiglos_o_>'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2008 11:33 AM
    I am born in South Korea but I live in the Philippinesc",
    Threads

Okok. One of the reasons why I got here is I want to clear out some copyright infringement rules. I'm planning of rendering most of the hi-quality wallpapers i've got here unfortunately when i got to visit around deviantart and some random naruto fansites i've seen some of their works transferred, and had been modified into a wallpaper here. *No offense* weee...' " xoxoxo

Junior Member steelspike is on a distinguished road steelspike's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2009 04:38 PM
    Threads

i dont know if this site has been posted yet and i am not sure if they are really stealing the pic cuz the animewallpapers tag is still on it but heres a link

http://www.animewp.com/v/neon-genesi...on-45.jpg.html

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

if the animewallpaper.com tag is still on, then I don't care so much. More advertising for us!!

Pink is the new Pooky

Member Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady has a reputation beyond repute Dragonlady's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-12-2008 10:04 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I think I need to report a member at the board that I moderate because he stole three members walls, cut out a swatch of it, added some bad text and called them signatures that he created. I looked at the layers of the psd files and that's exactly what he did.

Here is the link to the thread that he made http://www.ffdownloads.com/file-shar...e-my-sigs.html and the link to the rapidshare file http://rapidshare.com/files/127652356/Bilder.rar .

And just in case that he removes the rapidshare file when he reads my post there, I've saved the zipped file on my computer.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 07-17-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Icedrake79 is on a distinguished road Icedrake79's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2008 10:42 PM
    Threads

as long as they have the artist who did it and aren't saying they made it I think its fine whatever they put stuff

Junior Member game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01 is infamous around these parts game_king_model01's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2008 11:10 AM
    Threads

i like all of dem when are u posting more

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information