AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Card Game Shows

Junior Member Shadow_Wolf is on a distinguished road Shadow_Wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2004 12:03 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Card Game Shows

What do you think for all this Card Monster stuff on animes like yu-gi-oh and Duel masters.

Chaos Sorcerer Sieg_707 is an unknown quantity at this point Sieg_707's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2004 07:30 AM
    Threads

The Card game shows are horable.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

I hate any anime which is invented for the sole purpose of selling merchandise.

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 07:44 PM
    Threads

I'd have to agree with everyone else on this one, they suck, especially what SGI said, when they try to promote there own produckts and merchandise, its a sales tactics but theyre idiots none the less!
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Honestly though, I can understand why they treat their audience like they're idiots. Being a cashier, the only way to survive is to assume all customers have an IQ compareable with your average mollusc.

the ninja guy ninjaStan will become famous soon enough ninjaStan will become famous soon enough ninjaStan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2005 06:30 PM
    Threads

duel masters is probably the worst show i saw so far and yu gi oh is just stupid and like before, thats my opinion

Senior Member Jimbo is an unknown quantity at this point Jimbo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2004 12:50 PM
    Threads

The Yu-Gi-Oh manga is fairly decent, in all honesty I love it. Maybe it's because the manga isn't totally focused on the card game yet. Wanna know how they met Bakura? By playing a Dungeons and Dragons type game! And Yugi kills people...yeah kills people.

The Anime is alright, I enjoy it and I also like the artwork. I think the anime is more enjoyable if you're able to understand how the game works. It's pretty cool seeing a combo performed and how the other reacts and deals with it. It's not one of my favorite animes, but it's one that I enjoy watching nonetheless.

Duel Masters however...is a horrid show imo. I don't like the artwork, seems too simple and also the card game is way too complicated for me at least. I mean I've played Magic: The Gathering and I understand the rules pretty well, Duel Masters on the otherhand...yeah I'm kinda lost at that. I just change the channel and wait for Rave Master to come on before I go back to Cartoon Network.

Even though it seems that they're trying to market their products, you can't really blame Yu-Gi-Oh! The manga was created before the anime, and it wasn't all about cards, so the intent wasn't to sell a product. The anime might come out that way, but just give the manga a chance at least. Okay, I've said my share, later!
    Last edited by Jimbo; 10-18-2004 at 02:41 PM.

The Family!!!
    Mama: Rem
    Sisters: Choko, Kioko
    Uncle: Terran Empire
    Aunts: Iris, Hououji Fuu
    Cousins:
    LadyPSerenity, Raye Hino, Princess Ai, Ashizu~, Kai, and Firefly
    Niece: tiger lilee

Did I leave anyone out?!?

the ninja guy ninjaStan will become famous soon enough ninjaStan will become famous soon enough ninjaStan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah basicly 1 of the things i hate aboot that show(duel masters) the most is the really bad jokes they say and how they repeatedly say that they kno there in a cartoon show

p.s. magic: the gathering rocks!!

Senior Member Jimbo is an unknown quantity at this point Jimbo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2004 12:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaStan
    yeah basicly 1 of the things i hate aboot that show(duel masters) the most is the really bad jokes they say and how they repeatedly say that they kno there in a cartoon show

p.s. magic: the gathering rocks!!
    Agreed. Maybe like once or twice the joke is funny, but yeah the writers in that show really need to step up if they want to salvage what's left of the anime. I really don't mind Game-Based animes, and if the game is really fun well then by all means they should port it over to reality.

On another note, I quit playing MTG, because there were always barely any people play against(which is my main reason for playing) so I stopped. I found this really nice Gamestore that holds Magic Tournaments every Friday so now I might get back into it. I'm going to feel like a complete newb though, seeing as that they already brought another new set in. I quit after the Urza Saga and Mercadian Mask sets were cycled out...those were the days.

The Family!!!
    Mama: Rem
    Sisters: Choko, Kioko
    Uncle: Terran Empire
    Aunts: Iris, Hououji Fuu
    Cousins:
    LadyPSerenity, Raye Hino, Princess Ai, Ashizu~, Kai, and Firefly
    Niece: tiger lilee

Did I leave anyone out?!?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i got freind i can play MTG with, i just suck at it, due 2 because of wat i put in my deck

Everyone's Fav. Kill Toy Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2005 04:37 PM
    Threads

I enjoy playing MTG as well.......you don't see magic making an anime out of it.......and they still sell! The card shows aren't any good!

Digital Plague Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana has a reputation beyond repute Havana's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2008 02:47 PM
    Threads

I think it's because they know the kids are the first to ask thier parents to buy the cards, and make it more popular because that's their audience.

Forever angel floating on a cloud

Everyone's Fav. Kill Toy Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi has a spectacular aura about Kumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2005 04:37 PM
    Threads

I know but still you don't have to ruin an anime's reputation just to sell cards!

^..By Bman....
    We were all born yesterday....we all live today.....and we will all die tommorrow.....

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SGI
    Honestly though, I can understand why they treat their audience like they're idiots. Being a cashier, the only way to survive is to assume all customers have an IQ compareable with your average mollusc.
    Thats true, i mean a business's first goal/objective is to earn a profit and survive, so it would only be natural leaching of other things, unlike with duel masters as the card game was created to promote the anime (i dont even think its fit to be called and anime!), but you would actually have to have an incredibly low IQ to be drawn in to all that propaganda! Although i did collect the cards (i know it sounds like im hypocritical!) but the cards did earn me a decent profit and i was the second best in my city until i quit and sold up ^^! However the Duel Master's card game is absolutely crap, it only a simplified version of "Magic the Gathering", yet another cheap knock off clone!!!

Senior Member XxJBxX has a little shameless behaviour in the past XxJBxX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2004 12:17 AM
    Threads

ehh......it depends on the plot and the storyline. i liked Yu-Gi-Oh. it was pretty fun to watch.

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by XxJBxX
    ehh......it depends on the plot and the storyline. i liked Yu-Gi-Oh. it was pretty fun to watch.
    Agreed, I enjoy watching the show. The artwork isn't too shabby and I can understand what's going on in the duels.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Senior Member SuperCutie567 will become famous soon enough SuperCutie567's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2005 07:20 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Masaki
    Agreed, I enjoy watching the show. The artwork isn't too shabby and I can understand what's going on in the duels.
    Ditto.I kinda like Duel Masters because here I thought that it's a rip off of Yu-gi-oh!.
    But it's pretty decent and I think the jokes are funny,but that's just me
    Last edited by SuperCutie567; 10-19-2004 at 01:53 PM.
    I like things that are pretty.I want to live my life surrounded by pretty things.-Suzu Sakuma from Marmalade Boy

My nice little Ryu colorbar.I shall always be his fan-girl and and him!

*Yes,I am a total fan-girl for Shaman King*

Digital Plague Dark_Misery will become famous soon enough Dark_Misery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2005 08:54 PM
    Threads

I don't mind watching it..and stuff..

Junior Member Miroku4472 is on a distinguished road Miroku4472's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2005 10:28 PM
    Threads

There ok....i like the way the card games are made up for the show u know?

Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Death
    unlike with duel masters as the card game was created to promote the anime
    I mean vice-versa, the anime was created to promote the card game i meant!

Quote Originally Posted by XxJBxX
    The story lines are all too repetative and un-original, and as for artwork as Tenchi Masaki mentioned, i suppose it's better than some but the some but its still pretty crappy artwork, i've seen fan-art better than of the artwork on shows like Yu-Gi-Oh!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they put 2 many lines on the bad guys faces in yu gi oh

AF's Hopeless Romantic Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki has a reputation beyond repute Tenchi Masaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 09:14 PM
    in the Heart of the lady destined for me.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaStan
    they put 2 many lines on the bad guys faces in yu gi oh
    I suppose more lines mean they're more evil?!?!
    I'm sure it's just for effect, even Yami Yugi has lines on his face(Usually between the eyes).

And yeah I've seen fan-art surpass the art shown on the show...which is odd, but then again there are a lot of uknown talent in the world.

People that I think are awesome aka ones I admire and the ones that think I'm a nice guy:
    ~ Celessa Avalon ~ Raye Hino Tora_no_Umei Nyanko Tears

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they just look weird thats all

King of Goths Gil is on a distinguished road Gil's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2005 06:43 PM
    Threads

"Crap," can barely describe most of those shows. Any tie-in show ends up horrible.

www.cheshil.com
    www.cheshil.com/forum

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ahhh!!! scary picture!

Closed Thread

Thread Information